Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU (1317 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by kaytrump(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Femi Gbajabiamila, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, has pleaded with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to suspend its seven months old strike in the interest of Nigerian students.

Gbajabiamila made the plea during a meeting with the union, Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Productivity, and Okolieaboh Sylva, the acting Accountant-General of the federation (AGF), in Abuja on Thursday.

Assuring that the union’s demands were being addressed, the speaker said, “Everybody cannot be wrong. We are working according to everything we said in our last meeting, please in the interest of our children, we have called you in spite of the court ruling.

Also Read: Court Strikes Out NANS Suit Against ASUU

Gbajabiamila stated that efforts are ongoing to address the issues surrounding the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) payment platform proposed by the union.

“We are more or less working for you. There comes a time all conflicts come to an end. We will make our recommendation to the president,” he added.

“You have a very good case, the minister dropped a bombshell before he left but I didn’t pay attention. I understand your feeling and emotion.

“You are not doing it for yourself but for the enabling environment and the future of our children. Please let’s take it and get to the final destination,” he pleaded.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
Pay us in the interest of your children!

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by IamDietiesGod: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Old news.

2 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by itsRhamzy: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:
pay you what exactly? Didn't you shutdown schools 8 months ago? I ask again what do you want them to pay you for?

Even if you're going to be paid don't expect to be paid the full 8 months. If e pain you kindly resign and have your benefits and pensions stripped off. Go find work elsewhere where you can go on vacation for 8 months and still be paid. It's a free world.

I love the way FG is dealing with you guys now. Wasting student's time away for their selfish agitations and still want to be paid. Buhari should kindly take the no work no pay serious by making it a law to forfeit salaries of any striking body after three months. That'll teach you to think twice when next you want to embark on vacation with students time. Nonsense and pay us.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
itsRhamzy:
pay you what exactly? Didn't you shutdown schools 8 months ago? I ask again what do you want them to pay you for?

I want to be paid what I am owed that made me go on strike. After all, I am not striking for me to be paid for while I am in strike. I striked because you refused to pay me what I was due for the work I had been doing.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

I want to be paid what I am owed that made me go on strike. After all, I am not striking for me to be paid for while I am in strike. I striked because you refused to pay me what I was due for the work I had been doing.
How months salary were you owed before the strike?

1 Like

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Even if you're going to be paid don't expect to be paid the full 8 months.

I do not teach my students to go and work for no pay, so I'd hardly expect to be paid for work I never did.

That said, since Nigeria government is so dumb, expect me to push my luck a bit.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by itsRhamzy: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

what were you owed before you went on strike? Did you teach any student for 8 months? Was FG owing you your salaries before doing busybody going on strike? So what do you want them to pay you for now? Tell us let nairalanders see what FG was owing you that you want paid.

3 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:
You want to kidnap the children?
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

How months salary were you owed before the strike?

I was not only owed months salary. I was also owed other entitlements that the government refused to pay me!

HitRun:

Anyway, one of the reason ASUU Dey on strike na because of earned allowance. You know Wetin that earned allowance be? You no know, make I tell you: ratio of students to lecturers too much. To reduce that ratio, govt need employ more lecturers. But either them no fit find qualified people to employ or them no wan employ, so them decide the pay the lecturers allowance to teach those extra students wey dem no suppose the teach. The point be say govt no fit or no wan employ. So perish any idea of say govt go sack anybody employ new people because them no go see who to employ.

Thanks again HitRun. You are saving me from typing.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

You want to kidnap the children?

If I wanted to kidnap the children I'd not go on strike. I'd just kidnap them where I lecture them instead of allowing them to return to the safe home of their parents.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Even if you're going to be paid don't expect to be paid the full 8 months. If e pain you kindly resign and have your benefits and pensions stripped off. Go find work elsewhere where you can go on vacation for 8 months and still be paid. It's a free world.

I love the way FG is dealing with you guys now. Wasting student's time away for their selfish agitations and still want to be paid. Buhari should kindly take the no work no pay serious by making it a law to forfeit salaries of any striking body after three months. That'll teach you to think twice when next you want to embark on vacation with students time. Nonsense and pay us.
Even one month, they won't see.

If they resume now, they might still get October salary on compassionate grounds, or they can continue to abscond from work and expect manna from heaven.

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
itsRhamzy:
what were you owed before you went on strike? Did you teach any student for 8 months? Was FG owing you your salaries before doing busybody going on strike? So what do you want them to pay you for now? Tell us let nairalanders see what FG was owing you that you want paid.
Read please.
https://www.nairaland.com/7372876/call-off-strike-interest-children#117385307
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

If I wanted to kidnap the children I'd not go on strike. I'd just kidnap them where I lecture them instead of allowing them to return to the safe home of their parents.
Next time, don't abscond from work and be expecting giveaway after several months.

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Next time, don't abscond from work and be expecting giveaway after several months.

Next time, pay me what I'm due and I'd have no reason to abscond from work.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Next time, pay me what I'm due and I'd have no reason to abscond from work.
What were you due? That made you flee from work for 8 months?
As a self acclaimed intellectual, what made you think absconding from work is the solution?
After 8 months, what have you achieved apart from self torture?

I just pity the ones that have taken loans among you

5 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by Professorola123: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
The federal government too should pay them atleast something if not all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

What were you due? That made you flee from work for 8 months?
As a self acclaimed intellectual, what made you think absconding from work is the solution?
After 8 months, what have you achieved apart from self torture?

I just pity the ones that have taken loans among you

Do you expect me to continue educating you without my due pay?

Do you think I'd be motivated to educate you when I can not pay my own rent or feed my own children or myself?

Do you think you could possibly get good education from me when I'm worried I have no money?

Please do not worry about my loan. The strike has allowed me to have the time to take up remote work from all over the world and earn more in a few months than I get paid in a year lecturing you.

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
Professorola123:
The federal government too should pay them atleast something if not all
Half of October salary is sure if they resume
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Do you think I'd be motivated to educate you when I can not pay my own rent or feed my own children or myself?

Do you think you could possibly get good education from me when I'm worried I have no money?

Please do not worry about my loan. The strike has allowed me to have the time to take up remote work from all over the world and earn more in a few months than I get paid in a year lecturing you.
It's not by force to educate me.
Resign and apply to Princeton, Oxford and Cambridge
You can tell them there that A is for God

6 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

It's not by force to educate me.

Of course it's not by force to educate.

So why are you demanding I return to educating you, I wonder!
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2022

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
itsRhamzy:

Even if you're going to be paid don't expect to be paid the full 8 months.
Its not your fault. If I had educated you well, you'd know already that those who do no work do not deserve to be paid. After all, I did not educate you to go and work for free, nor did I educate you to expect to be paid while you sit on your ass doing no work for the pay.

Anyway, it's not too late for free education, so open your eyes and read please. And ask questions if there's anything you do not understand.

Section 43 of the Trade Disputes Act, recognises the right of a worker to disengage from service where there is a breakdown in negotiation with his employer, also provides a corresponding right to the employer to withhold the employee’s wages for the said period. Judgements at the National Industrial Court also affirmed the principle of No-work-no pay.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Lol
You are talking about rent and your children school fees now
Why didn't you consider them before abandoning your source of livelihood for 8 months?

What about the consequences of your action on business owners around the campuses?
Students house rents etc.

You were at home relaxed all this time thinking you have nothing to lose as usual.
Where you use students, then resume and get paid for it

3 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Its not your fault. If I had educated you well, you'd know already that those who do no work do not deserve to be paid. After all, I did not educate you to go and work for free, nor did I educate you to expect to be paid while you sit in your ass doing no work for the pay.

Anyway, it's not too late for free education, so open your eyes and read please. And ask questions if there's anything you do not understand.

Section 43 of the Trade Disputes Act, recognises the right of a worker to disengage from service where there is a breakdown in negotiation with his employer, also provides a corresponding right to the employer to withhold the employee’s wages for the said period. Judgements at the National Industrial Court also affirmed the principle of No-work-no pay.
Send this to Industrial court and get half October salary.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol
You are talking about rent and your children school fees now
Why didn't you consider them before abandoning your source of livelihood for 8 months?

What about the consequences of your action on business owners around the campuses?
Students house rents etc.

You were at home relaxed all this time thinking you have nothing to lose as usual.
Where you use students, then resume and get paid for it

Did you intentionally choose to ignore the following:

budaatum:

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Send this to Industrial court and get half October salary.

Why? Did I work for half October or do you not know the meaning of no work no pay?
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Did you intentionally choose to ignore the following:

So you fled from your work, used the time to work elsewhere and got paid.

Now you want the government to still pay you for all the time you were away cheesy

You know it won't work na

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by JJuanMiguel: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Why? Did I work for half October or do you not know the meaning of no work no pay?
Compassionate ground, to buy pap, ewa and agbado

We are tired of lecturers lamenting about "empty stomach" on social media
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Now you want the government to still pay you for all the time you were away.

Please don't make me have to inform you to go back to primary school to learn to understand what you read!

Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by budaatum: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Compassionate ground, to buy pap, ewa and agbado

We are tired of lecturers lamenting about "empty stomach" on social media

I am not lamenting anything here. In fact, I am enjoying the strike and my time away from you unruly students who can't even read simple English not to talk of book.
Re: Call Off Strike In Interest Of Our Children, Gbaja Begs ASUU by seunlayi(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:
pay what? Did you work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Attacking Ibos Our Only Strategy? -APC Supporter / Igbo Student Gets 40 Scholarship Offers In US / Lasu Release Supplementary Admission List Before The Third Round Post Ume Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.