Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption (1063 Views)

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / Urgent Advise And Counsel Needed Pls / Information On Adoption Process, Duration And Requirements In Nigeria Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
During my 2019 birthday celebration, I visited this orphanage in Owerri and that's where I met this angel.

We spent over an hour at the orphanage but when we're set to leave this angel refused to let me go.

She finally managed to let me go after I convinced her that I was going to come back to get her in few weeks.

To be honest I thought about her the whole week but gradually I forgot about it.

But for some strange reason I have been thinking about this girl since August 2022. Sometimes I wake up 2am and she's the only thing on my mind. There's this strong voice that's been telling me that I made an unfulfilled promise to an orphan. So I'm restless kinda.

Problem is I don't even remember the name of this orphanage so I've been searching everywhere. And this morning I found it as well as all the pictures we took that day.

In the coming weeks I'm going to locate the orphanage to find out if the girl is still there, and possibly start the adoption process which could take 1 year according to my lawyer.

But I would like to seek your opinion guys. Is adoption a good idea? Please share your thoughts and opinions whether positive or negative.

#iykbethany #iykAnthony #iykanthonyfoundation

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by doggedfighter(f): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
If that baby in pink is whom you are talking about then I am wondering why she looks like you. grin

There's this resemblance between you two. Same puffy cheeks grin

She feels so comfortable and relaxed like his father is carrying her.

I think she needs that fatherly warmth.

I hope she's still there.

But I will ask if you have spoken to your wife about this ?

And if you have children, will they receive this her well ?

We don't anyone to hurt and traumatize this angel

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by JASONjnr(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
doggedfighter:
If that baby in pink is whom you are talking about then I am wondering why she looks like you. grin

There's this resemblance between you two.

We don't want anyone to hurt and traumatize this angel

Una no go kee person for this forum......lol...

Op...Are you married and able to create babies?

Adopting isn't really meant for people who will neglect the child and send them out to face the harsh reality of things when they begin to show their other side of character.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Tit4Tat1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
There's a bond already established between you and that little girl. Go ahead and see God's blessings from every angle in your life..

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by faithfull18(f): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2022
Are you married?? Is your wife of the same mind as you?? Don't go and adopt an innocent child only to open her up to serious suffering, God is the father to Orphans and widows.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

There's this resemblance between you two. Same puffy cheeks grin

I think she needs that fatherly warmth.

We don't anyone to hurt and traumatize this angel

Lol I don't know if she looks like me or not but yeah I'm married and my family is cool with it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
JASONjnr:

Una no go kee person for this forum......lol...

Op...Are you married and able to create babies?

Adopting isn't really meant for people who will neglect the child and send them out to face the harsh reality of things when they begin to show their other side of character.

My daughter is 17 and already in love with her...
Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by doggedfighter(f): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
iykbethany:

Lol I don't know if she looks like me or not but yeah I'm married and my family is cool with it.

Go bring her home ! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tit4Tat1:
There's a bond already established between you and that little girl. Go ahead and see God's blessings from every angle in your life..

Thanks, before December I will be in Owerri to check whether she's still there. Then we take it up from there

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Nazgul: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
Cute baby girl...carry on. Nothing in life happens by chance, she might be destined to be your daughter.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
Please go ahead embarassed cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Karleb(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
If you have the means, please adopt her.

You people look too good together.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Bruh go for it!

iykbethany:

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Foodqueen(f): 5:33am On Oct 09, 2022
The picture in my head is Nollywood script, where it will later be revealed that the girl is your play away match.

grin seeing too many naija movies will not kee me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by frozen70(f): 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
iykbethany:
During my 2019 birthday celebration, I visited this orphanage in Owerri and that's where I met this angel.

We spent over an hour at the orphanage but when we're set to leave this angel refused to let me go.

She finally managed to let me go after I convinced her that I was going to come back to get her in few weeks.

To be honest I thought about her the whole week but gradually I forgot about it.

But for some strange reason I have been thinking about this girl since August 2022. Sometimes I wake up 2am and she's the only thing on my mind. There's this strong voice that's been telling me that I made an unfulfilled promise to an orphan. So I'm restless kinda.

Problem is I don't even remember the name of this orphanage so I've been searching everywhere. And this morning I found it as well as all the pictures we took that day.

In the coming weeks I'm going to locate the orphanage to find out if the girl is still there, and possibly start the adoption process which could take 1 year according to my lawyer.

But I would like to seek your opinion guys. Is adoption a good idea? Please share your thoughts and opinions whether positive or negative.

#iykbethany #iykAnthony #iykanthonyfoundation

If you love children then you are good to go

If you are married discuss with your wife

If you are single, keep paying her a visit till she is adopted or no more there

Alternatively, get her a gift and start withdrawing after giving her the gift

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
I'm heartbroken. I visited the orphanage as promised but that angel is no longer there. Someone already adopted her, though the proprietress advised me to adopt another girl to replace her.
Obi agbawalam

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by MigeoFoods(f): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
iykbethany:
I'm heartbroken. I visited the orphanage as promised but that angel is no longer there. Someone already adopted her, though the proprietress advised me to adopt another girl to replace her.
Obi agbawalam

Oh nooooo
See me praying you still meet her�
Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2022
If you're able to cater for her, protect her, and take good care of her, then go ahead and adopt her.

But make sure she knows who she really is and where she's from, in case one day when she's older she wants to locate her biological family.
Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by iykbethany(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good news guys, I finally found our Angel, all thanks to uncle Kingsley. BTW, her name is Nnenna.
When I made the first post 2 weeks ago, my cousin took me to Save The Child orphanage because he thought thats where I celebrated my birthday in 2019. Then they told me someone already adopted Nnenna.

After I made the second post my uncle said he saw the girl not too long ago and wondered if I went to the right place.

So uncle Kingsley took me to Golden Stars Orphanage and i found Nnenna. She couldn't recognise me cha cha.

Don't blame me guys because over the years I've been to so many orphanages so I don't remember which orphanage I visited in 2019.

The good thing is we found her but someone said she's so attached to Golden child founder that she may not release her to us.

Even if I don't adopt her, I will be responsible for all her bills and education up to university level. And at least I can always visit her and buy her toys, gifts. Doesn't really matter whether she lives in my house or not.

I'm so happy to know that I will be able to fulfil the promise I made to Nnenna in 2019. Glory be to God

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by NoToPile: 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2022
iykbethany:
Good news guys, I finally found our Angel, all thanks to uncle Kingsley. BTW, her name is Nnenna.
When I made the first post 2 weeks ago, my cousin took me to Save The Child orphanage because he thought thats where I celebrated my birthday in 2019. Then they told me someone already adopted Nnenna.

After I made the second post my uncle said he saw the girl not too long ago and wondered if I went to the right place.

So uncle Kingsley took me to Golden Stars Orphanage and i found Nnenna. She couldn't recognise me cha cha.

Don't blame me guys because over the years I've been to so many orphanages so I don't remember which orphanage I visited in 2019.

The good thing is we found her but someone said she's so attached to Golden child founder that she may not release her to us.

Even if I don't adopt her, I will be responsible for all her bills and education up to university level. And at least I can always visit her and buy her toys, gifts. Doesn't really matter whether she lives in my house or not.

I'm so happy to know that I will be able to fulfil the promise I made to Nnenna in 2019. Glory be to God

Nice one bro, Nnena is looking good. Either way it's all good, its nice to have people with good heart around.

God bless you bro
Re: I Need Advise And Opinion On Adoption by Cutehector(m): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
See this one... Advertisement strategy. Mchew

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Please. / Pet Hates? / How Did You Meet Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.