Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3117 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / In Deep W/ The One Who Got Away & Is Married Now & We're Having An Affair! / my parents dont want me to get married now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Goddys(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
so in plain English, what you are saying is that you are now ho.rny and therefore want to get married to enjoy se.x?!

pls reread your above post and focus on the reason you gave us for wanting to marry her. . . . . . . . . . . . now, does it really makes any sense to you?
Re: . by Sicherheit(m): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2011
I think OP is female. She doesn't talk about what she's bringing into the relationship but we know she thinks the guy is financially ok. That's all that matters to some women. undecided
Re: . by r231(m): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
good for you
Re: . by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
So, In lay man's words- what are you saying?
Re: . by harakiri(m): 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
Na wa ooo! See authority speaking! "I want to get married" ! Lol
Re: . by damipaul(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2011
you are already laying a shaky foundation with these reasons of yours. you do not 'want' to marry based on these reasons alone. Anyway, everything starts with a decision, U need to Pray abt it.
Re: . by Goddys(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2011
Re: . by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^^^ u need to have your head checked!!! U want to get married as an undergraduate ; a 'man' for that matter and let your wife feed, clothe and house u for sometime abi? If na me, i go put otapiapia for your food on the wedding night, Ewu meeeh,
Re: . by Misbee(f): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
lolz, i cannot but laugh, n laugh, laugh, and laugh again.ok datz alrite.if u knw d lady is competent,u can go ahead.In marriage,couples are 2help one another.Is cool if she's d submissive type.May God help you.
Re: . by Johndoe100(m): 12:59am On Aug 17, 2011
@OP
don't let all the d. Ildo acrobats here discourage you. If you have a lady that loves you and believes in you enough there is nothing wrong in what you propose.@OP
don't let all the d. Ildo acrobats here discourage you. If you have a lady that loves you and believes in you enough there is nothing wrong in what you propose.
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Aug 17, 2011
Goddys:

i am a guy.What i simply mean is that i want to get married in order to have a companion as a man, but not financially independent as my family still finance my studies.I hate extra marital relationship and need to settle down having my own lady at my right hand.Is it wise for a new wife to cater for the welfare of a husband for a little while?

I have a few candidates for you.

Aloyemeka, Mr Cork and Mobo444 would be interested
Re: . by blank(f): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sicherheit:

I think OP is female. She doesn't talk about what she's bringing into the relationship but we know she thinks the guy is financially ok. That's all that matters to some women. undecided

As OP has said he is a guy, what do u av to say about that?
Re: . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
Are you marrying the lady or her money?
Re: . by damipaul(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
bettymafy:

^^^^^ u need to have your head checked!!! U want to get married as an undergraduate ; a 'man' for that matter and let your wife feed, clothe and house u for sometime abi? If na me, i go put otapiapia for your food on the wedding night, Ewu meeeh,

LMFAO
Re: . by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: . by Goddys(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
There is a difference between having a companion and having a sex partner albeit the latter is integrated in the former.I really need a companion and wife.I havent seen any that match to my description above.Please NL i need your advice on this before i embark on the venture of seeking for a partner.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^ Truth is, you are not making sense. You are so wrapped up in your grammar world that you refuse to post sense.

Please type in pidgin English , so that we can help you.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
grin grin jenny u badt o. Anyway poster u sound very funny u have it planned out that she should be a fresh graduate so that she can bear the cost of running you, herself and prolly a baby.
so she will pay for your education as well. Will you agree to keep, clean and be submissive to her while she is responsible for yoou. I wish you will also birth the baby during this period but alas you cant do that. The roles have been reversed and she is now in charge so you have to play the supporting role until further notice because we dont know when you will get a job.

Since you are pretending to be serious about this i will advice you to wait till you get a job.
Re: . by Goddys(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
She wont be responsible for my individual upkeep like education,accomodation and so on. @jeny:i wan mary a gal who fit take care of the feeding,house upkeep and tins wey concern babies n herself in the house til i get job.wetin u talk?
Re: . by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
Na only desperate girl go do that
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2011
Goddys:

She wont be responsible for my individual upkeep like education,accomodation and so on. @jeny:i wan mary a gal who fit take care of the feeding,house upkeep and tins wey concern babies n herself in the house til i get job.wetin u talk?

Aloyemeka fits perfectly
Re: . by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2011
bettymafy:

^^^^^ u need to have your head checked!!! U want to get married as an undergraduate ; a 'man' for that matter and let your wife feed, clothe and house u for sometime abi? If na me, i go put otapiapia for your food on the wedding night,  Ewu meeeh,

and what is wrong with that? too many lazy women conditioned to being taken care of from cradle to the grave. Many women get married as undergrads and no one sees it as a problem since it is taken for granted that a man will feed, clothe and house them. I think its high time men started setting criterias for the type of women they want . . . if you dont have a house, a car and a good paying job then i wont marry you too. 50:50!
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
davidylan:

and what is wrong with that? too many lazy women conditioned to being taken care of from cradle to the grave. Many women get married as undergrads and no one sees it as a problem since it is taken for granted that a man will feed, clothe and house them. I think its high time men started setting criterias for the type of women they want . . . if you dont have a house, a car and a good paying job then i wont marry you too. 50:50!

I DAYOKANU Eze Nairaland the first Are ona kakanfo of Nairaland Approve this message and should be read to all females.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2011
1timothy 5:8

the bible is one of the reason why we are conditioned to believe that men should provide for the family
Re: . by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
jennykadry:

1timothy 5:8

the bible is one of the reason why we are conditioned to believe that men should provide for the family

Proverbs 31.

the bible is one reason why we are conditioned to believe that women too are active participants in the home-building process.
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2011
David May God bless you

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 [size=18pt]She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.[/size]
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 [size=18pt]She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family [/size]
and portions for her female servants.
16 [size=18pt][b]She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
.[/size]
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
(AKA African Magic)
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
Amen Mr. D, you will rarely find women quoting that verse. All they want to do these days is be a "stay-at-home" mom while spending all your hard earned cash and still insist on 50:50 on the house-chores and denying you s[i]e[/i]x too.

for where? A woman should go and select wool and flax, work with her hands, provide food for her family, buy and sell a field THEN i will come marry her and provide for her! chikena.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2011
Pls note verse 23.the hubby is already in a position of power and authority and as such can enable his wife to be a woman of noble character. Don't get it twisted
Re: . by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
andromida:

Pls note verse 23.the hubby is already in a position of power and authority and as such can enable his wife to be a woman of noble character. Don't get it twisted

nope. Read it again, the husband is respected BECAUSE of the industry of his wife.

So what you're saying is if your husband is not in a position of "power and authority (i.e. has money) a wife cannot be of noble character? she cannot sew for her family, provide food for her kids and engage in business to supplement family income? she has to wait until verse 23 to do all that is required of her from verse 1-22?

women sef.
Re: . by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
andromida:

Should we quote Yoruba bible for you?

The bible you love to quote states the below

She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She considers a field and buys it;
   out of her earnings she plants a vineyard
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable
She makes linen garments and sells them
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
   and does not eat the bread of idleness.(AKA African Magic)

So Any woman who is not doing this but rather waiting for her husband to come and feed her is transgressing the rule of God

davidylan:

nope. Read it again, the husband is respected BECAUSE of the industry of his wife.

So what you're saying is if your husband is not in a position of "power and authority (i.e. has money) a wife cannot be of noble character? she cannot sew for her family, provide food for her kids and engage in business to supplement family income? she has to wait until verse 23 to do all that is required of her from verse 1-22?

women sef.

Quoted for truth and commonsense
Re: . by Bawss1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
andromida:

Looking for an escape clause, are we? grin

Now I see why King David was a blessed man. What insight he had.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beating Your Wife : How Mr Sule Physically Abused His Wife To Death / Pls I Need Your Opinion On This! My Fiancé Is Very Secretive / Is It Ok For Ex To Be Wife Makeup Artist For Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.