Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,778 members, 7,827,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students (485 Views)

Seyi Makinde Renames University After Ajimobi (Photos) / FRSC/KRSD Annual Essay Competition 2020: How To Apply / Nairalander Wins The Consolidated Hallmark Annual Essay Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Emeritus1200: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
The Omituntun Initiative in Diaspora, OID, an organization established for Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, has called on Oyo State indigenes between the age of 18-35 in the Nigerian universities to submit their essays for the Governor Seyi Makinde annual essay competition.

The essay competition goal aims at engaging young people to discuss, especially on the administration of the Seyi-Makinde led administration.

According to the press release, it was stated that all participants must be ready to provide proof of students’ identification and residency if required. Names and contact details should be stated in the submitted entries. Entrants must be creative and draw practical examples from concluded or ongoing infrastructure projects in Oyo State.

Points will be awarded to in-depth analysis and understanding of the topic, creativity, originality, depth of research, and real-life application. No submission is allowed after the deadline date as stated above. An electronic copy of your essay must be submitted through the link: admin@omituntunindiaspora.org.

The participants are to write on any of the topics:

Strengthening transparency, inclusiveness and accountability for a peaceful and sustainable development in Oyo State.
Advancing the frontiers of possibilities for a safe, secured and prosperous Oyo State through Citizen’s active participation in governance processes.
Re-engineering the Oyo State energy system through the newly proposed development and implementation of Oyo State master gas plan: Expectations, Possibilities and Benefits.
The formats of the essay:

English Language only
Microsoft word format
Essay must be between 800 and 1000 words
Essays must be prepared in font size 12, Times New Roman, double spacing, and pages in numbered.
Requirements:

To be eligible for the Seyi Makinde Essay Competition, you must:

Be an indigene of Oyo State in any Nigerian institution.
Or a resident of Oyo State
Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
Reward

Top 20 Winners will be selected

First Prize: ₦200,000
Second Prize: ₦150,000
Third Prize: ₦100,000
Top 20 participants will be sponsored for digital skills vocational training.
Required Documents

For more information, visit: https://www.emeritushub.com/seyi-makinde-annual-essay-competition-for-nigerian-students/
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Like seriously
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Emeritus1200: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Becky12:
Like seriously
it's real.
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by christejames(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2022
This is the kind of events our corporate organizations should be sponsoring as part of their corporate social responsibilities but alas it's the immoral BBN and it's like that they deemed it fit to pump their money into...

Well, I will cut some firms some slacks... Of notable mention is NLNG; their literary and science competition that has been ongoing for about three decades now should be commended by all especially the Federal Government (even though they are part of them).
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Emeritus1200: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2022
christejames:
This is the kind of events our corporate organizations should be sponsoring as part of their corporate social responsibilities but alas it's the immoral BBN and it's like that they deemed it fit to pump their money into...

Well, I will cut some firms some slacks... Of notable mention is NLNG; their literary and science competition that has been ongoing for about three decades now should be commended by all especially the Federal Government (even though they are part of them).
There are many essay competitions in Nigeria. But most of them aren't prominent to people's ears.
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by christejames(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2022
Emeritus1200:
There are many essay competitions in Nigeria. But most of them aren't prominent to people's ears.

Because they lack sponsors na
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by sageb: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2022
christejames:

The sad reality

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Emeritus1200: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
christejames:

Because they lack sponsors na
yes, you are right. However, there are still few that have sponsors. I know of NCDMB essay writing. The first winner takes 1m and a laptop home. I still believe that there are many.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by sageb: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
Emeritus1200:
yes, you are right. However, there are still few that have sponsors. I know of NCDMB essay writing. The first winner takes 1m and a laptop home. I still believe that there are many.

Oya post them here so we can follow it up.
let me go and reactivate my writing flair.
Re: Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition For Nigerian Students by Emeritus1200: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
sageb:

Oya post them here so we can follow it up.
let me go and reactivate my writing flair.
When I see them, I will be posting them here.

(1) (Reply)

35 Days To This Diet ICAN Exams… What’s Holding You Back From Passing Your ICAN / Obidient 2.0 Loading... / Chemistry Gurus Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.