Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote (28348 Views)

Smugglers Load Twelve Bags Of Cement On Motorcycles To Be Smuggled To Cameroon / Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm / Queen Dorcas Bolanle Attempted Raped Story By A Man She Met On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Cmeo(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2022
All these after action statement will not help the Dangote Cement. No one knew Dangote could respond after ignoring all emissary call from Kogi govt to talk on a table. Kogi government could have approached court too before this action.

2 Likes

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by xtivin2: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2022
Kogi Government already hacked this information and disbursed it to the public. Dangote should do the needful, I know with Bello remarks he is not interested in getting it back but let Dangote do the needful he has been avoiding
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by treatise: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2022
Bodmum:
No fewer than 27 Dangote staff are currently in bad condition after they were shot at by the invaders.

27 were shot but no casualty

the last time I checked, live bullets do kill people, not putting them in bad condition.

When the gunmen shot police, soldiers, they died but when the same gun shot civilians, they refused to die.

verdict - - - - - nobody was shot at.

I hate silly propaganda
Dangote didn't tel us what led to this fiasco

1 Like

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by AngelDo: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2022
This is terrible... people will be out of job for this draculian style of enforcing what I don't know......must we destroy people with every provocation
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Slynation(m): 7:18am On Oct 09, 2022
Bodmum:
No fewer than 27 Dangote staff are currently in bad condition after they were shot at by the invaders.

the last time I checked, gun do kill people, not putting them in bad condition.

When the gunmen shot police, soldiers, they died but when the same gun shot civilians, they refused to die.

I hate silly propaganda
The man with the gun has the final and ultimate power, how about scampering for safety during the sporadic shooting, won't there be wounded casualty with several degrees of injury...??

I have seen and experience what Oso Ndu( run for life) can do to someone...

1 Like

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Mrkumareze(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
Can't Kogi govt go to court? Rather than resorting to violence?

Taking nigerian government to court. You don't know dangote well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by sylve11: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2022
engrjosefz:
This is the only story so far with 4 different narratives.

1. Kogi State Government Narrative
2. Dangote Group Narrative
3. Media Narrative
4. The Truth

My Friend working there told me the company production lines came back on stream 24hrs after the incidents. But here we are on the media space thinking there's no production ongoing there since last week when the incident happened. Better Choose what to believe, many fake and misleading stories will fly over the air. But the truth is always clear to those who can see through the stories without taking sides.

cool
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by countryman13: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2022
bennybuhari:
When I was saying one president will come that will show Dangote shege, I didn't know ordinary Yeye Bello can treat his fuvk up. Say no to Dangote's monopoly
Violence is not the best option to say no to the monopolistic market. And come to think of it,what has d idiot(Governor) under whose watch ds barbaric act was carried out done for the civil servants in the state.

1 Like

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Admols(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2022
Throughout the epistle, Dangote did not tell us his own side of the story.

How did he acquired the cement factory?

Did he receive round table talk invitation from the Kogi state Govt?

And other many explanations are expected from him.

Most importantly, court is there to claim back his company, damages and compensation.
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by countryman13: 7:28am On Oct 09, 2022
Asquare84:
Mark my word, what kogi state government is doing will criple the state economy. Benue state did the same thing to dangote when he bought the majority share in benue cement. Today benue cement is no longer producing again and benue state have paid I higher price for it.
My brother d act is like adding salt to injury. Violence everywhere in d state with little or nothing to come up with as achievement.
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Obainomilano: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2022
eastgates1:
When you do this to a Nigerian company that employs Nigerians how do you expect other foreign companies to come in?
..a Nigerian who is more interested in becoming Africa richest man than making cement affordable to ordinary Nigerians is no Nigerian to me..he is worst than a foreign investor

3 Likes

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by countryman13: 7:31am On Oct 09, 2022
Atarakpa:
Bello would have be the worst thing to happen to Nigeria if he accidentally win presidential election. When he was busy wasting the state money in the name of youth mobilization across the country. I called a good friend of and complain. Which investor is willing or ready to invest in that again. Imagine Nigeria having state police oh my God.......
He's actually d worst Governor in d history of the state.

1 Like

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Ladoja19: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
Are you referring to the same government that killed innocent woman leader by burning down her house while she is been tied with rope inside. May evil doers received what he/she gave to others
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by cardoctor(m): 7:36am On Oct 09, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by gabbasin: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2022
Kogi state government should go to court if she's aggrieved, forcefully taking over someone's property is trespassing, that's why the courts are there for all manners of resolution, civil or criminal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Standardcosting(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Asquare84:
Mark my word, what kogi state government is doing will criple the state economy. Benue state did the same thing to dangote when he bought the majority share in benue cement. Today benue cement is no longer producing again and benue state have paid I higher price for it.
Is it not the evil we are talking about. The impovishment of the masses is what he stands for
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Tetrahedron: 7:39am On Oct 09, 2022
This one and emilokan were vying to be president! Bunch of clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Lifestone(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Taking nigerian government to court. You don't know dangote well
So taking the law into his hand is the best way? It's okay until it's your turn. Any country that promotes jungle justice is doomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Lifestone(m): 7:40am On Oct 09, 2022
Tetrahedron:
This one and emilokan were vying to be president! Bunch of clowns
We doged a bullet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Invest4growth: 7:45am On Oct 09, 2022
Perhaps I am one of the few that is saying Dangote Group is still holding on to critical information. Kogi State Government said as the initial owner of Obajana Cement Company, they were allotted 10percent after the sale to Dangote Group. That they have not benefited from the shares since being listed in terms of dividends. Was the acquisition an outright purchase. I think these are the critical questions begging for answers. Dangote Group should address them. If they are correct, what is the total units of shares of Obajana in the pool. Was Kogi state allotted 10percent. If yes or were they later sold to Dangote by the state government during the negotiation process. Obviously, the benefits of the 10 percent can be computed within 30minutes. Perhaps it was just an oversight
Most issues that lead to the killing and maiming ourselves are finite. Kogi State because of its actions has caused enormous costs on itself. So who bears the cost of those people who may be permanently disabled from their injuries, the cost of vandalizing the properties of the cement firm? We are in for a long drawn battle that will extend beyond this administration. Investors expecting good dividends including Kogi State will suffer from this action. What is the benefit of having 10percent if the largest cement firm in Africa and having no dividends?

4 Likes

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by DeGLORIOUS: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2022

This one also get my brain cracking. What is their definition of casualty since 27 were shot but no casualty?
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Spanki(f): 7:48am On Oct 09, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

That dude should pay his taxes!
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by bonnyhope: 7:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Bodmum:

the last time I checked, live bullets do kill people, not putting them in bad condition.

I hate silly propaganda
Depends on the part of body shot at

If you are shot on legs, hands, you may survive
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by udomma1005(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Karma.......
........ One day, the children of the downtrodden, who you've refused them to go to school, will rise up, gang up and eat up your well educated children!
That day is here.......
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by mu2sa2: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Asquare84:
Thank you. Benue cement used to be the cash cow for benue state. In fact there's hardly anyone who's who in Benue state who wasn't at one time or another on the board of benue cement. When they ran the factory aground dangote came in and they started shouting foul and he left. Today, benue cement is gone for good and dongote is waxing stronger in cement business with factories in 14 countries. Kogi is about to make the same blunder as benue.
Dont mind the mumus praising yahya Bello for resorting to violence. Obajana cement factory staff strength is higher than the combined staff strength of all the banks in nigeria. Btw, thuggery for thuggery yahya Bello cannot win because Dangote can also hire armed guards and it is in federal govt's interest to support a gigantic business interest that's generating tens of thousands of jobs. By the time fg deploys special units around the area, let's see what yahya bello and his thugs can do. Maybe those kogi criminals have never heard of rpgs, helicopter gunships, armoured drones etc. Yahya bello will soon leave office and he will know that power is transient.

1 Like

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Forumobserver12(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2022
JASONjnr:
Dangote should get out...

This company has never served this country...m

Imagine the price of cement and other goods that he extra it's resources directly from Nigeria but we buy them as if we're importing these goods ....

Above all, I don't care how Bello will deal with Dangote, but I wish he'd make his goods favourable for us. Even Ghana buys cement cheaper.

God bless you for your comment, so few years ago, I alerted Nigerians that Dangote cement is sold far cheaper in Ghana than Nigeria, there's no logical economy reason why cement produced and exported to Ghana should be sold cheaper in Ghana market compare to Nigeria, our system have encouraged this ripoff from Dangote..

I don't care who is right or wrong between Dangote and Kogi state, let the product be sold fairly to consumers ..

4 Likes

Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Paretomaster1(m): 8:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Bodmum:

I hate silly propaganda
Please shutup, they use these local guns, and pump action.... People were truly injured, I know couple of people.

They are currently waylaying trucks, and looting cement..
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Paretomaster1(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

That's it na, he tried using the police, and military but they refuse, so he is using touts in form of Vigilante group, the management of Dangote her been very careful in managing the situation, as there is no reaction, they have been using the law to fight back..
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by mjbaba: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2022
Bodmum:

I hate silly propaganda

Read well. "Shot at" is different from being shot. Shot at means shots firing in your direction. We know what happens when you shoot at a crowd. People will scamper for safety. When this happens, some will be trampled on, some will sustain injuries by falling down etc.
Re: Obajana Cement Firm Attack: Our Story, By Dangote by Paretomaster1(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2022
Asquare84:

Exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Officers Brutalizing Girl And Her Pregnant Friend (Video) / Ex-SGF, Olu Falae Kidnapped / Soldiers Saved Us From Being Kidnapped On The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.