Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? (22604 Views)

The Importance Of Evangelism – Pastor Nike Adeyemi / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Krismas(m): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Give unto Caesar's what is Caesar's;it's a word of God ! Meanwhile,if you have problems with "juju evangelists" declaring curfew up and down,why don't you confront them instead of bringing your grievances here ? They can't hear you here;they are not here,man !
grin If u believe juju evangelist should be left alone, why then are u complaining about Christian evangelist?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Krismas(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

What part of "Leave what belongs to Cesar to Cesar" are u not understanding ?
grin Am not understanding why it cannot also work from behind, as in CESAR TO CESAR TO BELONGS WHAT LEAVE
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by VEHINTOLAR: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin If u believe juju evangelist should be left alone, why then are u complaining about Christian evangelist?

I'm complaining about what seems like a premeditated attack launched against a man right in front of his own house !
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by irunoko(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin Neva mind these hypocrite grin
Wot of babalawo evangelism? Where they will force everyone to remain indoors from morning till night becos of their juju god? Why don’t u call police for them? How about wen masquerades stop on the street to ask for bribe? grin with cane in hand? Is that not masquerade evangelism? I don’t know why many Christians are not sincere
that is not any masquerade envangelism.that is lawlessness and lawlessness thrives because there's a complete breakdown of governance.even the Christian doing envagelism is harassing others.to her she's winning souls to Christ,to others she's trespassing.nothing stops you from distributing tracts and leave the Jehovah witness style or sit in a place with religious tracts.anyone interested will take

If you are a Christian and you're renewed in mind and character you will understand you cannot force anyone to change or be a christian.it takes transformation of the holy spirit to do that.you can envagelize respectfully but the moment it begins to get provocative that's when you are crossing the line.even the Bible said Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil.he didn't harass,molest or trigger anyone to provocation or violence.

Charlatans and jesters need to stop portraying Christianity in an unpleasant light so that people will begin to take you seriously
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Krismas(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

I'm complaining about what seems like a premeditated attack launched against a man right in front of his own house !
grin While ignoring and even justifying premeditated attacks lunched against freedom all Christians in whole communities?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by V9er: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Black man carry white man religion pass how oyinbo take carry am. Reminds me of Purple Hibiscus, where a man hated his own father for being a traditional worshiper. The was so rich but he couldn't help his own sick old father in the village. There was a time in their Catholic church they changed the priest from a white man to an Igbo man. This man was so angry that the priest sang native songs in church instead of Latin songs.
Totally brainwashed by the white man and his God, we are gone as a people
Righteousness2:
To begin with you are a Fake and Lukewarm Christian.
Guilty conscience is what is tripping you.

You should be happy that you have the privilege to hear the word of God that will save your soul. Many in Hell right now will do anything to be in your shoe.

They have done nothing wrong. They are doing the Commandments of JESUS Christ.If you didn't like the word, you block your ears.

Millions of souls are Departing the world day after Day. So Many are going to hell. The greatest need of any human being today is the to Hear the Gospel of JESUS Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:
To begin with, I'm a Christian and also a worker in church.

I live opposite to an orthopedic native doctor house, we've been together for more than a decade. Forgetting our different religion, we still have a neighborhood relationship, to cut the long story short this family is doing well on their own part.

Recently, I now discovered that some so called christians are coming to the front of their house to preach against their religion. One even said it point blank that E FI OSHA TE NSIN LE (LEAVE THE IDOL YOU ARE WORSHIPPING)

For me this kind of act or attitude is wrong because first of all when you are doing a morning sermon or prayer in the streets, it's either you stay at the junction to preach or you walk down the street while preaching or praying, not coming directly to the man's house to preach against his religion.

The thing about this orthopedic native doctor family is that some of them are even practicing Christianity and some islam, therefore those that continue the oracle religion chose their own path.

I don't just know why some Christians are like that, because how will it look like if masquerades invade a church trying to convert the members into tradition.

Like I always say it's Religion that is causing problem in this world.

Lemme pause here and see your own view or opinion about this.
Am a Christian. I think that's encroachment of territory. Let peace reign there.
Actually, some get intoxicated with the practice and their zeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

I live opposite to an orthopedic native doctor house, we've been together for more than a decade. Forgetting our different religion, we still have a neighborhood relationship, to cut the long story short this family is doing well on their own part.

Recently, I now discovered that some so called christians are coming to the front of their house to preach against their religion. One even said it point blank that E FI OSHA TE NSIN LE (LEAVE THE IDOL YOU ARE WORSHIPPING)

For me this kind of act or attitude is wrong because first of all when you are doing a morning sermon or prayer in the streets, it's either you stay at the junction to preach or you walk down the street while preaching or praying, not coming directly to the man's house to preach against his religion.

The thing about this orthopedic native doctor family is that some of them are even practicing Christianity and some islam, therefore those that continue the oracle religion chose their own path.

I don't just know why some Christians are like that, because how will it look like if masquerades invade a church trying to convert the members into tradition.

Divide-and-rule tactic in play. The same way the whites brought these foreign religions to divide you people along religious line in order to milk Nigeria dry.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by onatisi(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
this is highly provocative . if the herbalist come out with a gun and threatens to shoot , they will say it is the devil handiwork

donprincebigt:

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by SILVERLINES: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

I'm a very straightforward person like Wike of Rivers State, I don't give a damn of what people say or their opinions. If I was living in the neighborhood I swear to God I will come out and pursue them. White garment churches practice evil than native doctors sef
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BJanta: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

It

It's not religion causing problems in the world, it's misapplication of religion. And concerning your story above, that's not evangelism, but religious violence. JESUS was not going from house to house to attack them, He was going from city to city and village to village to heal and deliver them first, then preach the Gospel, the free love of GOD. The problem with us Christians is lack of understanding of the difference between evangelism and disciplining. How can you ask people who are not born again to forsake their evil way and religion and start to frighten them with hell if they fail to do. That's neither the Gospel nor evangelism, and it's futile. CANNOT achieve anything in the life of the hearer , because he has no means of himself to do so. It can only rouse , even more so , satanic resistance in them . This kind of message is for him who's born again, who has received HOLY SPIRIT and grace to give him understanding and power to obey and take steps. This is disciplining. This is message of sanctification. But evangelism proclaims the fervent desire of JESUS to freely and unconditionally forgive all species of sinners their sin ,and to empower them not to sin again. And infact, giving them His own power and SPIRIT to reign over sin and thereby escape hell fire. Any evangelism demanding repentance from sin and brandishing hell fire is heretic. I know you would be quick to quote the Scripture where Apostle Peter said inter alia , ' ...repent and forsake your sin , that time of refreshing may come ' Here , Apostle Peter was admonishing the Jews who heard JESUS' message, experienced His miracle-working power and knew Him to be the Messiah , but rejected Him all the same. The apostle was admonishing them here to repent from their sin of unbelief that they might be restored.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by ITbomb(m): 12:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
True evangelism is by your way of life which will prompt people to want to be like you or worship where you worship (or what you worship)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by VEHINTOLAR: 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin While ignoring and even justifying premeditated attacks lunched against freedom all Christians in whole communities?

Do you just want to argue just for the sake of it ,man ? I asked that because you're beginning to sound off points ! Where,in any of my comments so far,did I justify any premeditated attack against Christians or Christianity ? Anyway,why you may want to be persistently obnoxious with your baseless assumptions is beyond me !

You won't get a further response from me on this

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by dhantey324(m): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
Righteousness2:
To begin with you are a Fake and Lukewarm Christian.
Guilty conscience is what is tripping you.

You should be happy that you have the privilege to hear the word of God that will save your soul. Many in Hell right now will do anything to be in your shoe.

They have done nothing wrong. They are doing the Commandments of JESUS Christ.If you didn't like the word, you block your ears.

Millions of souls are Departing the world day after Day. So Many are going to hell. The greatest need of any human being today is the to Hear the Gospel of JESUS Christ.

This is intolerance and bullying, which is offensive. How about they go do the Lord's work in front of a mosque Maybe you didn't comprehend the initial post. If you did and come up with this, then you're just an empty head..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by mamaafrik(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG,CAN YOU STOP THE MUSLIMS DOING THEIR CALL TO PRAYER SHOUT INTHE EARLY MORNING.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by dhantey324(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
Highways:
The preacher may not be referring directly to the orthopedic guy... It's probably your conscience making you believe that the message is about the ortho guy....

Sermon sometimes play with out mind... Ever been in a church and a pastor climbs the pulpit and it looks like he's talking about you....

It's an open message thrown out and trust me it's not only the orthopedic guy that has Juju around there

Go and try this style of preaching opposite a mosque grin grin let's all be mad at once..
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by brainhgeek(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

One very easy way to make enemies for yourself and for your religion is by first condemning the religion you met your potential convert with.
Evangelism is not the work of the flesh or to bring glory to yourself by saying 'We confronted a herbalist and preached at his gate..' You have not confronted anyone, you only provoked hatred which is not one of the virtues of Christianity.
Do your job with respect for the person you are preaching to and let the Holy Spirit do His work of conversion.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by sihamey: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

All I know is orthopedic native doctor's are not idol worshipers, ignorant is what is killing us in Africa.
Even in Christianity there are misconceptions among them, Pentecostal still not regard white garment church to be true worshippers yet this garment church is preaching ignorantly in front of orthopedic native doctor house who heal sick people with herbs.
White men brought religious to confused us and we fall for it

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Leonbonapart(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

they've been called to cry to sinners. Idol worshipping is the most terrible sin of man kind. Giving glory to other gods instead of God almighty. You know little so that's why you could come up with such an ignorant post

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

lol so somebody went out to evangelize and condemn Idol worship but you came online to condemn them grin grin

Bwahahahaha, so after this post na did God give u high five that u have tried and done his commands. Wait u said "ur a Christian even a worker" grin grin grin grin grin lmao wetin u done use ur "Christianity and worker" for you to...

Wait if what they are doing is bad, how e take concern u, those Ur neighbors have u ever shared what u believe with them.. that's if what u believe self is worth believing.

Because if u claim to believe that idol worshippers will go to hell, is it that u don't care they would or u don't believe they would.

U dey here they ask if wetin dem do dey right or wrong, u go tell us if wetin u dey do dey right or wrong

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Leonbonapart(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:

Exactly. I thought within myself that if these idol worshippers now lay charm on them that works fast and effective. People will say another thing.
so you call yourself a Christian?. Stop masquerading oga. You people should always show yourselves for what you all are. Enemies of Christians and Christianity

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Religion, indeed, is a divisive tool used by men to target those they love to hate, pretending their hate is powered by God Himself in their use of His name. undecided

Jesus Christ no send anyone to go dey fight idol worshippers or people of other faiths. As a matter of fact, His teachings were instead geared towards getting the individual to focus His energy solely on His Salvation through continuous submission to and obedience to His teachings and commandments. Nowhere in His many sermons did Jesus Christ deem it oK for any of His followers to attack others for their beliefs, nor did He send them out to police the belief of others. So when so-called Christians engage in such vicious acts, they don't do so in honor of God but instead satisfy their self-deceit, an act which is antiChrist at its very roots. undecided
Ogbeni did they go and fight anybody. They are standing on the street and saying that people who are serving idols should stop, how is that fighting them. If that's the case then John, Jesus, Peter, Paul also fought na, maybe na why dem kill dem because them dey fight, fight of faith

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Leonbonapart(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
The worst part is that they would start with, "I'm a Christian", and then start speaking as antichrists and the heathen to prove that their Christianity is just a title.

If Jesus and His disciples were here, you would have issues with them preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom in the open and on the streets.

You should know that doing so then was also a punishable offence, by imprisonment and often by death, so that doesn't make it to be wrong. In fact if you don't preach the Gospel because of such things, you are likely hell bound because Jesus said He would be ashamed of anyone who is ashamed of Him and His Words, don't be surprised when He tells you to your face, "I NEVER KNEW YOU!"

So ilperhaps you ought to repent instead of complaining about their preaching.

God bless.
God bless you sir. They are all antichristians

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by oneMalik: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
the evangelist is Trying to commit suicide !

this must be Yoruba land am sure of that . if na core north e try this kind nonsense he for don collect . by now self news for don carry him mata.

See o .
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Leonbonapart:
so you call yourself a Christian?. Stop masquerading oga. You people should always show yourselves for what you all are. Enemies of Christians and Christianity
shocked ewooo did he really write "charm fast and effective" and he said he is a "Christian and a worker".. these "Christians" dey burst person head

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Better still, call the police and report them for violating the peace, so they explain their cause to law enforcement instead. undecided
lol how many times have u called police when agberos disturb or theives show up. How many times have u called the police when someone was robbed or to help another person.

See ya mouth like "call the police"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
famozine1:
To me I think wat they should have done is they should go directly to the man (native doctor) and tell him there mission if he allows them to preach fine and if he doesn't they should live instead of forcefully preaching which is noise to them and can cause whahala
yes going to them directly may work if they are invited in and is okay, but which one forceful preaching shocked
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by FavouredNK: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
Are those ones also Christians or ritualists?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Treasure17(m): 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
This is highly unacceptable. What happened to religious tolerance? and besides all these public nuisance and noise pollution in the name of evangelism should be put in check by the authority. Those with big speakers causing havoc with early morning prayers are not exempted as well.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Marvyx:

He has a point. The issue with us Christians is that we want to turn people into the right way but sometimes the way we go about the message makes people turn further away.

The ultimate goal is to turn sinners into repentance and if you go about it the wrong way, will you be happy when few of us enter heaven?

I have one too in my street that preaches at my window as early as 5am and the message is solely about people dropping earrings and ornaments. Is that really the gospel?

We need to tell ourselves the truth as Christians. Thank God the key of heaven is not in the hands of men if not, we'll lock a lot of people outside the gate that day.
shocked wow you are saying that the message is solely about earrings or that's the only part u hear grin

So the wrong way is it preaching at your window, disturbing your sleep at 5 am or the wrong message cheesy cheesy

So what is the truth you Christians should tell yourselves?
Have u ever approached the "evangelist" about what you feel is right?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
Treasure17:
This is highly unacceptable. What happened to religious tolerance? and besides all these public nuisance and noise pollution in the name of evangelism should be put in check by the authority. Those with big speakers causing havoc with early morning prayers are not exempted as well.
and those who blast sexual filled songs that pollute the ears of our children should have their shops closed, brought down maybe even arrested if not burnt grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2022
phemmyfour:
Cool

The thing about this orthopedic native doctor family is that some of them are even practicing Christianity and some islam,

You cannot be cold n hot, you cannot be a Christian native doctor grin
They are deceiving themselves and OP has little knowledge about evangelism.

Evangelism doesn't mean preaching at T junction, infact the disciples went from door to door telling others about Jesus
lol OP with little knowledge wan come dey judge others grin grin be like na him come be the bad example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.