Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? (22603 Views)

The Importance Of Evangelism – Pastor Nike Adeyemi / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
fatboyslym007:
I'm a Christian and I will get dem arrested if I had my way... But Nigeria has allowed a lot of things...
Work overtime n overnight hoping to get some sleep by 3,4 am n in the next 1 or 2hours an alarm you didn't set wakes you up...

You walk down a narrow pathway n you see loud speakers blasting music loudly, your eardrum don over-vibrate already...

So if we can allow one then I guess we have no choice than to sit don dey look...

But chai these things dey very annoying...
Lol another "I am a Christian" no question to if wetin him wan do God like am, D Koko be, D thing dey annoy me. Me I dey more important o, as long as I can't stand it I must stop me. I am a Christian I have the right

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

You don't have any right before God to judge anyone,chairman ! You're beginning to sound like an unbeliever yourself,what's the meaning of this "block your ears" or something ?! You need to calm down;you sounded quite too judgemental here,man ! God is Love and that's the message Jesus himself preached. You're an hypocrite if you think those two trouble makers in white garment haven't done anything wrong ! Their approach was wrong and it's capable of leading to violence ! They did not go there to preach any salvation to the man but to humiliate and make him feel uncomfortable within his own vicinity !

You portrayed yourself as a religious fanatic this morning and I'm quite disappointed in you ! I'll still be reading and sharing your messages though. But like someone rightly said here,you need to understand that the key to the heavenly paradise is not in your hand;it belongs to the Lord ! Preach LOVE,but not FANATICISMS !

lmao is telling someone that they are bad, sinners, filthy supposed to make them feel comfortable? grin grin

Oya preacher of love, wetin u dey tell those around u way dey do evil cheesy wink that they should continue because God loves them and will let them enter heaven with their evils abi grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin Neva mind these hypocrite grin
Wot of babalawo evangelism? Where they will force everyone to remain indoors from morning till night becos of their juju god? Why don’t u call police for them? How about wen masquerades stop on the street to ask for bribe? grin with cane in hand? Is that not masquerade evangelism? I don’t know why many Christians are not sincere
my guy, my gi, u get am.

Make dem call police for masquerade people na grin grin grin dem dey come her type "I am a Christian"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by mabea: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
Marvyx:

He has a point. The issue with us Christians is that we want to turn people into the right way but sometimes the way we go about the message makes people turn further away.

The ultimate goal is to turn sinners into repentance and if you go about it the wrong way, will you be happy when few of us enter heaven?

I have one too in my street that preaches at my window as early as 5am and the message is solely about people dropping earrings and ornaments. Is that really the gospel?

We need to tell ourselves the truth as Christians. Thank God the key of heaven is not in the hands of men if not, we'll lock a lot of people outside the gate that day.
Well said. Some how righteousness2 is guilty of the same.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
mamaafrik:
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG,CAN YOU STOP THE MUSLIMS DOING THEIR CALL TO PRAYER SHOUT INTHE EARLY MORNING.
ah God bless you

5am u will hear Arabic prayers blasting high and loud, nobody calls for the mosque to be closed down but when a church does one outdoor program

Well it's normal for children of the devil to hate their father's enemy sha

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2022
MonsieurX:
That's real, high-level evangelism...
Wrong! That is a instead a form of bullying. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
Highways:
The preacher may not be referring directly to the orthopedic guy... It's probably your conscience making you believe that the message is about the ortho guy....

Sermon sometimes play with out mind... Ever been in a church and a pastor climbs the pulpit and it looks like he's talking about you....

It's an open message thrown out and trust me it's not only the orthopedic guy that has Juju around there
You have no right given to you even by God to go about disturbing the peace. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Channah1:
Should they be afraid of preaching the gospel because of your neighbor?

Abeg let them do the work God sent all Christians to do. If they fail to preach to the idol worshippers and they go to hell, their souls will be required of those brethren. So let them be.
You have no right given to you by God to disturb the peace of any neighborhood or individual. undecided

The same Jesus Christ who sent you out commanded that you Do to others as you will like for them to do to you. How would you feel if a babalawo came in front of your house with a megaphone and speakers to broadcast his voodoo theologies in much the same way you go around disturbing others?

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse to be an arsehole.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
Bmaster:
op,are you crying for the devil ?if actually a man of God gathers moral to square up with a pagan he deserves an accolade,.
Freedom of worship is never tampered unless the man of God attempts to destroy that which do not belong to him
The same Jesus Christ who sent you out commanded that you Do to others as you will like for them to do to you. How would you feel if a babalawo came in front of your house with a megaphone and speakers to broadcast his voodoo theologies in much the same way you go around disturbing others?

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse to be an arsehole.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
RepoMan007:
There are spirits around us all. The native doctor's case is a form of accepted relationship with the spirits. Many more people are in those kind of relationship.

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2022
Buksaylor:

So do we blame some moslems that have no patience and attack them...?

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Olanre05:
@OP if by chance any of the preachers’ children broke there legs or the likes and they don’t have enough for the hospital. They will still consult the Native orthopedic for assistance.
Religion is our biggest problem in this country.
No mind Nigerian Christians at all! undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Treasure17(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
BlueAngel444:
and those who blast sexual filled songs that pollute the ears of our children should have their shops closed, brought down maybe even arrested if not burnt grin grin grin grin
The songs are not polluting the minds of your children because they are been played. They have the choice to decide on what to listen to and you must play your part as a parents. What happens to regulation?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Iykenuwa:
You refused to preach to him, and you're also angry with those that are trying to preach to him.
Guess who supports your stance? Satan!

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse for you to live as an arsehole towards your fellow man.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

I go send you away if you do that at my doorstep.
That was how someone was using megaphone to make noise on a weekday around noon in front of my shop with a school around, we were just 2shops opened that morning, I had to tell him to leave after about 30mins, he was trying to twist to devil agent, I just asked him what his bible told him about living in peace with all men. He left and came back an hour later to apologize.
My faith and church do not believe in hurting people around us in the name of evangelism
Send ke? Call police and make sure to press charges against the unruly lot.. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by xproducer: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
donprincebigt:
To begin with, I'm a Christian and also a worker in church.

I live opposite to an orthopedic native doctor house, we've been together for more than a decade. Forgetting our different religion, we still have a neighborhood relationship, to cut the long story short this family is doing well on their own part.

Recently, I now discovered that some so called christians are coming to the front of their house to preach against their religion. One even said it point blank that E FI OSHA TE NSIN LE (LEAVE THE IDOL YOU ARE WORSHIPPING)

For me this kind of act or attitude is wrong because first of all when you are doing a morning sermon or prayer in the streets, it's either you stay at the junction to preach or you walk down the street while preaching or praying, not coming directly to the man's house to preach against his religion.

The thing about this orthopedic native doctor family is that some of them are even practicing Christianity and some islam, therefore those that continue the oracle religion chose their own path.

I don't just know why some Christians are like that, because how will it look like if masquerades invade a church trying to convert the members into tradition.

Like I always say it's Religion that is causing problem in this world.

Lemme pause here and see your own view or opinion about this.

+++

Christians have a mandate, a command from GOD - the Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." - Mark 16:15

Note the principle in Ezekiel 3:17 - 21
"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul."

Note what happened to Jonah when he tried to avoid preaching to the Ninevites... note how they repented after they heard GOD's word through Jonah! - Jonah chapters 1-3!

Having stated all this... if people express their lack of interest in your message, once you have told them, you don't have to harass anyone...

Indeed....

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." - Matthew 7:6

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." - Mark 6:11 (Also Luke 9:5)
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
rexlims:
How many of our daddy G.Os don go saudi arabia or Iran go do crusade?
Abeg e get wetin I want check.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
joxxy01:
Then profer a solution, what better way should it be done?
Profer what solution again? If a babalawo came to their door with megaphone and speakers, would they themselves be happy with it? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Myer:
Well said.
When evangelism turns to attacking people, obviously Holyspirit has left the building.
He was never in the building to begin with. He doesn't come and go as many like to assume. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
PointZerom:
Your premises ends at the gutter. As far as they didn't pass there, you can't stop them.
So they can complain about the road in front of their house but not the noise coming from the same road? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
fatboyslym007:
I'm a Christian and I will get dem arrested if I had my way... But Nigeria has allowed a lot of things...
Work overtime n overnight hoping to get some sleep by 3,4 am n in the next 1 or 2hours an alarm you didn't set wakes you up...

You walk down a narrow pathway n you see loud speakers blasting music loudly, your eardrum don over-vibrate already...

So if we can allow one then I guess we have no choice than to sit don dey look...

But chai these things dey very annoying...
Indeed! Na Nigerians dey allow this nonsense. These folks know not to try that rubbish here without first getting permission. And those who send them out, their gangleaders are aware that such nonsense can only work where the people are ignorant of their rights as individuals. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
femijay8271:
Call Police ke? Did u know what u are saying? If they are genuine & preaching strictly about SALVATION, pls dont even do that o, hmmm e get why?
Yes police.... you can maybe rethink this claim of genuine preaching in jail while you are at it. undecided

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse for you to live as an arsehole towards your fellow man.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
femijay8271:
U are absolutely right about all what you wrote up there.
You can play those sermon games for yourself not disturb others with it. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
Treasure17:

The songs are not polluting the minds of your children because they are been played. They have the choice to decide on what to listen to and you must play your part as a parents. What happens to regulation?
shocked did u just type this shocked

"Children have a choice to decide on what to listen to"

Honestly I don't believe a human who read what I wrote responded with that, but if you are eh u are free to make ur four year old dey listen na.

But for me and my household, yell no and definitely not relating with parents and children like that, my own children must get sense o n not singing yansh up n down, like a senseless directionless human being
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin Neva mind these hypocrite grin
Wot of babalawo evangelism? Where they will force everyone to remain indoors from morning till night becos of their juju god? Why don’t u call police for them? How about wen masquerades stop on the street to ask for bribe? grin with cane in hand? Is that not masquerade evangelism? I don’t know why many Christians are not sincere

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have no right given to you even by God to go about disturbing the peace. undecided
which peace?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Religion, indeed, is a divisive tool used by men to target those they love to hate, pretending their hate is powered by God Himself in their use of His name. undecided

Jesus Christ no send anyone to go dey fight idol worshippers or people of other faiths. As a matter of fact, His teachings were instead geared towards getting the individual to focus His energy solely on His Salvation through continuous submission to and obedience to His teachings and commandments. Nowhere in His many sermons did Jesus Christ deem it oK for any of His followers to attack others for their beliefs, nor did He send them out to police the belief of others. So when so-called Christians engage in such vicious acts, they don't do so in honor of God but instead satisfy their self-deceit, an act which is antiChrist at its very roots. undecided
Any Christian who reads this book will never hate any other religion or other Christian denominations again, and will begin to see others from God's viewpoint: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_of_god_vs_the_love_of_god/50148
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by PointZerom: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So they can complain about the road in front of their house but not the noise coming from the same road? undecided

The road belongs to the government and every citizen has right of legitimate usage.

I am sure you can't confront gunmen if they should operate in front of your house.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by BlueAngel444: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have no right given to you by God to disturb the peace of any neighborhood or individual. undecided

lmao D way u twist scriptures must be studied grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Krismas:
grin This same person will not find anything wrong with juju evangelists everywhere declaring curfew up and down!
Declaring curfew? Go to town hall and demand such curfews be abolished assuming it is imposed by the town. If not, ignore such nonsense as no man has right to impose his own religious beliefs on others. undecided

Two wrongs don't make a right. Use commonsense for Pete's sake. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
ejimatic:
It is a waste of time. The apostolic pattern is House to House. Preaching that Jesus set for his disciples. I think Jehovah Witnesses are more organized for this evangelism.

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
harmony75:
It is not bad the Bible says "go ye and preach the gospel to every nation". So it is a command obey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Drowns At Baptism Pool / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.