Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? (22612 Views)

The Importance Of Evangelism – Pastor Nike Adeyemi / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Krismas(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The same Jesus Christ who sent you out commanded that you Do to others as you will like for them to do to you. How would you feel if a babalawo came in front of your house with a megaphone and speakers to broadcast his voodoo theologies in much the same way you go around disturbing others?

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse for you to live as an arsehole towards your fellow man.
grin I just trying not to join issues with all ya mumu self-righteous people. Babalawo comes infront of my house with a mic? Is he not on a govt road? Did he come into my house? Why shud I be uptight about it? I have seen preachers harassed in public places like market and like at off times like 5am for preaching early. There is no how u preach idiots will not fault! Even if from church they’ll say why are u using PAS? Why are u doing night vigil? Why are u clapping too much? and so on. If it’s legal to propagate religious faith, then all the rubbish opinions am reading here matter nothing to me. Jesus was stoned, thrown out of town, refused entry into towns, all becos of preaching. Yet Jesus never disturb anybody preaching? Shallow Christians everywhere. If u spread the truth, don’t expect people to be indifferent to u. Truth makes people insecure, and they lash out from the position of their insecurities. I once was in a bus, hearing a preacher very early one morning speak so strongly against cults, human sacrifice and occultism. The driver of the bus was so irritated, he cursed the preacher under his breath, even long after we have driven by. Apparently he was into those things the preacher highlighted
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Channah1(f): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have no right given to you by God to disturb the peace of any neighborhood or individual. undecided

The same Jesus Christ who sent you out commanded that you Do to others as you will like for them to do to you. How would you feel if a babalawo came in front of your house with a megaphone and speakers to broadcast his voodoo theologies in much the same way you go around disturbing others?

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse to be an arsehole.

You're possessed. Just mind your language.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sometimes we Christians do things that we'll never accept when it's done to us.. 99% of Christians will never accept it if Muslim come to our houses and preach the way we do.

I'm a Christian but I don't like when a Christian comes to preach to me.. Especially if he or she is inviting me to his/her church.

Sometimes, when a preacher stops me and invite me to his Church, I tell them I'm a Muslim. Yet you'll see them say, "It doesn't matter, you can still come. We are all one"
Then I ask them if they've ever been to a mosque before. They say no."
How do you expect to convince a muslim to come to Church, when you've never been to a mosque before..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by ejimatic: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ explained to His followers that they have to be as cunning as snakes but as gentle as doves, meaning you have to apply common sense particularly when dealing with others. Don't use Jesus Christ as an excuse for you to live as an arsehole towards your fellow man.
JWs don't force people to listen to them and nether do they expect everyone to listen to them. As far as I am concerned listening to them is voluntary! If you tell them you don't want to hear they will listen to you and live you! Additionally everybody has a right to practice his religion in Nigeria!.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by God2man2again(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2022
Righteousness2:
To begin with you are a Fake and Lukewarm Christian.
Guilty conscience is what is tripping you.

You should be happy that you have the privilege to hear the word of God that will save your soul. Many in Hell right now will do anything to be in your shoe.

They have done nothing wrong. They are doing the Commandments of JESUS Christ.If you didn't like the word, you block your ears.

Millions of souls are Departing the world day after Day. So Many are going to hell. The greatest need of any human being today is the to Hear the Gospel of JESUS Christ.

Besides, it is called aggressive Evangelism.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
ejimatic:
JWs don't force people to listen to them and nether do they expect everyone to listen to them. As far as I am concerned listening to them is voluntary! If you tell them you don't want to hear they will listen to you and live you! Additionally everybody has a right to practice his religion in Nigeria!.
You have a right to practice your religion does not mean my rights as an individual are to be bothered in any way by it. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by membranus: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Righteousness2:
To begin with you are a Fake and Lukewarm Christian.
Guilty conscience is what is tripping you.

You should be happy that you have the privilege to hear the word of God that will save your soul. Many in Hell right now will do anything to be in your shoe.

They have done nothing wrong. They are doing the Commandments of JESUS Christ.If you didn't like the word, you block your ears.

Millions of souls are Departing the world day after Day. So Many are going to hell. The greatest need of any human being today is the to Hear the Gospel of JESUS Christ.

So says an hypocrite. Christians with offensive christianity like yours populate the pits of hell.

Our Lord Jesus Christ when He was on earth never visits the houses of witches and wizards to openly confront them. He even warned His disciples that anywhere you are not wanted, leave the place and move elsewhere.

Christianity is not about open confrontation or direct accusation, it is about persuasion.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Leonbonapart(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

you and that witch doctor stand against all what our Lord Jesus stands for. Wake up from your slumbering
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
Leonbonapart:
you and that witch doctor stand against all what our Lord Jesus stands for. Wake up from your slumbering
Look, if you think being an arsehole is what it means to be a Christian, then be my guest. I already told you some of what Jesus Christ in fact taught to His followers over 2000 years ago. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by lendahand(m): 1:04am On Oct 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

are you really not a junkie? Sure you are because I have followed your mentions all over nairaland and I can bet my comfort that you're terribly sick and knows more than any doctor that offers his expertise to cure you. This is the reason why your case is a special one, I avoid you for it though till I get a leading ( NB: I didn't mention you but I'm not surprised you mentioned me)

Now go back to my post again and see how completely unrelated it is with your mention. You're not worth my mention till further notice.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Oct 10, 2022
tytachile:
Any Christian who reads this book will never hate any other religion or other Christian denominations again, and will begin to see others from God's viewpoint: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/fear_of_god_vs_the_love_of_god/50148
The simple commands of Jesus Christ as documented over 2000 years ago are all that one needs to learn in order to understand that God sent no one to police the morality of others as is the way of Churchianism. undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by americanigga(m): 4:46am On Oct 10, 2022
Channah1:
Should they be afraid of preaching the gospel because of your neighbor?

Abeg let them do the work God sent all Christians to do. If they fail to preach to the idol worshippers and they go to hell, their souls will be required of those brethren. So let them be.

Because Idol worshippers don't protect their religion like Muslims do. Can you stand in front of any mosque to preach?
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Iykenuwa(m): 5:33am On Oct 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second... what has Elijah and His mission against the worship of Baal in God's own Israel to do with that which Jesus Christ commanded and sent His followers out in the world to do? Many of you arent even connected to the right context, to begin with. undecided

When exactly did Jesus Christ send you or anyone out to go do as Elijah did? Are you folks for real? undecided

The disciples should have kept quiet because they were in pagan Roman empire then.

Folks like you who think you know more than others, make me laugh. Mr Context.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Oct 10, 2022
Iykenuwa:
1. The disciples should have kept quiet because they were in pagan Roman empire then.

2. Folks like you who think you know more than others, make me laugh. Mr Context.
1. Wrong! Their primary mission was to the Jewish people scattered all across the Roman empire. The Gentiles who wanted to learn of the Truth they also preached to. There is no record of Christians forcing their views on the Pagans of the time, as they would have been arrested immediately for such action, rendering of no value their mission. Most of the arrests made of them was as a result of their butting heads with Jewish zealots who thought they were doing the work of God by attacking the followers of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. In blindness, you ignore the truth of Jesus Christ all so you can push forward the doctrines and traditions of men, lies,which Jesus Christ warned about 2000 years ago are of no tangible value where God is concerned. So what do you gain from all of this meaninglessness? undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Iykenuwa(m): 8:15am On Oct 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Wrong! Their primary mission was to the Jewish people scattered all across the Roman empire. The Gentiles who wanted to learn of the Truth they also preached to. There is no record of Christians forcing their views on the Pagans of the time, as they would have been arrested immediately for such action, rendering of no value their mission. Most of the arrests made of them was as a result of their butting heads with Jewish zealots who thought they were doing the work of God by attacking the followers of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. In blindness, you ignore the truth of Jesus Christ all so you can push forward the doctrines and traditions of men, lies,which Jesus Christ warned about 2000 years ago are of no tangible value where God is concerned. So what do you gain from all of this meaninglessness? undecided

You sound very upset grin grin grin grin

Christ said, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature".

Like I said before, get acquainted with your Bible and stop venting on Nairaland.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2022
Iykenuwa:
You sound very upset grin grin grin grin

Christ said, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature".

Like I said before, get acquainted with your Bible and stop venting on Nairaland.
There is no record of Jesus Christ accosting individuals in front of their place or residence in the name of the gospel, nor is their record of Jesus Christ disturbing the peace of neighborhoods in the name of preaching the gospel. If you read the Gospels carefully, Jesus Christ did much of his teaching inside of homes, in the synagogues, in the temple, out in a field somewhere or even by the sea. At no point did Jesus Christ seek to shove His teachings at those who didn't care for it nor did He attempt to shout it at those who thought Him a nuisance to their daily lives. undecided

Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Iykenuwa(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is no record of Jesus Christ accosting individuals in front of their place or residence in the name of the gospel, nor is their record of Jesus Christ disturbing the peace of neighborhoods in the name of preaching the gospel. If you read the Gospels carefully, Jesus Christ did much of his teaching inside of homes, in the synagogues, in the temple, out in a field somewhere or even by the sea. At no point did Jesus Christ seek to shove His teachings at those who didn't care for it nor did He attempt to shout it at those who thought Him a nuisance to their daily lives. undecided

.....and they went forth everywhere preaching, the Lord working with them....

It's in your Bible, open it.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by dochenaj: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
donprincebigt:

Exactly. I thought within myself that if these idol worshippers now lay charm on them that works fast and effective. People will say another thing.
Those people I see preaching there, have their own charm too.

At the end, na charm vs charm.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
Iykenuwa:
.....and they went forth everywhere preaching, the Lord working with them....
It's in your Bible, open it.
So also is everything I said Jesus Christ taught, did and more. So do you abandon/reject all of his other almost 100 commandments in order that you can pursue the one as you see fit? undecided

Jesus Christ said that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25. But you seem bent on obeying just the one, ignoring the many others, yet you consider yourself one of His why? undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Iykenuwa(m): 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So also is everything I said Jesus Christ taught, did and more. So do you abandon/reject all of his other almost 100 commandments in order that you can pursue the one as you see fit? undecided

Jesus Christ said that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25. But you seem bent on obeying just the one, ignoring the many others, yet you consider yourself one of His why? undecided

Where did he say don't preach to native doctors, or don't preach if people get offended?

Oga, go and read your Bible.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
Iykenuwa:
Where did he say don't preach to native doctors, or don't preach if people get offended?
Oga, go and read your Bible.
WOW... this one na serious case of lack of comprehension here, I see. undecided

Let me guess? You are one of the many ASUU-affected students, right? undecided
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Leonbonapart(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Look, if you think being an arsehole is what it means to be a Christian, then be my guest. I already told you some of what Jesus Christ in fact taught to His followers over 2000 years ago. undecided
oga you're done for as a stup*d Idol worshipper. Ciao
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Tundex911: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
Something wey no fit happen outside(overseas)

Africa and our mentality sha
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Iykenuwa(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
WOW... this one na serious case of lack of comprehension here, I see. undecided

Let me guess? You are one of the many ASUU-affected students, right? undecided

Apart from personal attacks, you obviously have nothing else to say.

Now go sit in a corner and suck your thumb.
Re: What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? by Kobojunkie: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2022
Lamasta:
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God....

All our righteousness are like a filthy rag before God....
Stop getting carried away by what is soundbite Christianity. It's all falsehood with no real substance to it!.

Ignoring the intended audience for a second, of the letter attributed to Paul, the writer of the epistle, if you carefully examine that verse in context, you will immediately see how your conclusion is invalid since Paul in fact states that in Jesus Christ, the people are made righteous in God. undecided
21 But God has a way to make people right, and it has nothing to do with the law. He has now shown us that new way, which the law and the prophets told us about.
22 God makes people right through their faith in[a] Jesus Christ. He does this for all who believe in Christ. Everyone is the same.
23 All have sinned and are not good enough to share God’s divine greatness.
24 They are made right with God by his grace. This is a free gift. They are made right with God by being made free from sin through Jesus Christ.
25-26 God gave Jesus as a way to forgive people’s sins through their faith in him. God can forgive them because the blood sacrifice of Jesus pays for their sins. God gave Jesus to show that he always does what is right and fair. He was right in the past when he was patient and did not punish people for their sins. And in our own time he still does what is right. God worked all this out in a way that allows him to judge people fairly and still make right any person who has faith in Jesus. - Romans 3 vs 21 - 26
Now, who are the people Paul claims are made right by the Law that is Jesus Christ? Well, according to verse 24, they are those who are made righteous by their acceptance of the gift that is grace(Eternal life) and they are none other than the Jewish believers, the former sinners of God's Old Law whom Jesus Christ came to call, who are redeemed from the debt they owe to God's old Covenant by their receipt of Eternal life from Jesus Christ - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

Yes, the very people who Paul indicates were all sinners, fallen short of God's goodness are declared to have been made right by their transition from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, this is what Paul revealed. undecided

Now, in case you doubt the audience of the passage indicated above which you carelessly lifted a verse out-of-context from to assert the truth of what is in fact an invalid conclusion, then I suggest you take a look at the preceding passage where Paul indicated the audience of that piece. undecided
9 So are we Jews better than other people? No, we have already said that those who are Jews, as well as those who are not Jews, are the same. They are all guilty of sin.
10 As the Scriptures say, “There is no one doing what is right, not even one.
11 There is no one who understands. There is no one who is trying to be with God.
12 They have all turned away from him, and now they are of no use to anyone. There is no one who does good, not even one.”
13 “Their words come from mouths that are like open graves. They use their lying tongues to deceive others.” “Their words are like the poison of snakes.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and angry words.”
15 “They are always ready to kill someone.
16 Everywhere they go they cause trouble and ruin.
17 They don’t know how to live in peace.”
18 “They have no fear or respect for God.”
19 What the law says is for those who are under the law. It stops anyone from making excuses. And it brings the whole world under God’s judgment,
20 because no one can be made right with God by following the law. The law only shows us our sin. - Romans 3 vs 9 - 20
The Law of Moses, the National Constitution as far as those who are of the blood of Jacob, which is cited in the passage above, applies only to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, the Jews - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - establishing the audience of the message contained in this and the passage that follows where the same law is also cited. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.