Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign (21764 Views)

PDP Suspends National Chairman, Ayu, With Immediate Effect / Ortom: PDP Is Stopping Me From Working For Peter Obi / Atiku's Emergence: Pressure Mounts On PDP Chairman, Ayu To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Dannyset(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2022
PDP Crisis Lingers As Governor Ortom Says Party Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign.

The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has explained that the insistence on the resignation of the embattled national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, by the governors was based on the commitment the chairman made to the party and Nigerians earlier.

Recall that the five PDP governors including Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State and Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state and some other members of the party, especially from the Southern Nigeria had insisted that Ayu must resign.

The crisis which started after the emergence of the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in May has lingered as Ayu refused to resign.

Insisting that Ayu must resign on the basis of the principle of zoning, Governor Ortom who spoke in Makurdi during the weekend explained that the National Chairman had given his words to the party and Nigerians in general that he would step aside if a presidential candidate of northern extraction emerged from the national convention of the party.

According to a Vanguard report, Ortom said it was necessary for the National Chairman to keep his word and by so doing maintain his integrity and by extension respect the zoning arrangement of the party.

Speaking further Ortom advised that in the alternative, Ayu should appeal to members to allow him carry on rather than sounding adamant over the matter.

Ortom said, “When a child defecates on your lap, you do not cut off the leg, you clean it up or wash it off and move on. The issue is that the PDP leadership has failed. But for me, I have not called for the removal of the National Chairman because he comes from where I come from. But I have said that the leadership including the National Chairman had failed in solving the problem and I have advised them adequately.

“When members of the Board of Trustees came to me, I told them what they needed to do and I also told the National Chairman what he needed to do. I cannot go to the extreme level of calling for his removal but I call on him to do the right thing, to do the needful which has not been done, which is wrong.

“That is why I keep saying that the party has not been able to deploy its internal conflict resolution mechanism to solve this problem. If they do it we can all flow and work together, but sidelining people and thinking that you are there and nothing can stop you, is what is creating problems.

“So for me, there is still time, the party can work it out. I am in the G‐5 but because the Chairman is from my state I decided to keep quiet, I have advised him on what to do. He should be happy that I am in the G-5 which Governor Wike is the leader of. He should be happy that I get information from there and give it to him.

“If he takes my advice fine, but if he doesn’t; that’s fine too; the right thing has to be done to give all comfort because whatever is the demand of Wike today; nobody can blame him. The Chairman himself promised that he would resign if a Northern presidential candidate emerged; has a northern candidate not emerged?

“So why is he not coming out? And I have offered two things, it’s either you resign or plead and beg the people why you should continue as National Chairman because you said it yourself, nobody compelled you.

“The National Chairman told the whole world that he would resign if a northern candidate emerged and today a northern candidate has emerged. So the question I am asking is where is your integrity if you don’t resign?

“But there are many ways of doing it, if you plead, if you beg, if you seek for the understanding of the people to accept you the way you are so that we run towards election it is still okay. But the onus is on you to convince them and not to say that you have a four-year tenure. Who compelled you to say that you will resign if the presidential candidate comes from the north? I chose to keep quiet but that does not mean I am against what my colleagues are saying.”

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/08/pdp-crisis-lingers-governor-ortom-says-party-leadership-has-failed-national-chairman-ayu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Okay oh
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by JaneGray(f): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2022
sad
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Good
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Ttalk: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2022
PDP is a party of lies and deceit. A party that shared free millions with its leadership while the voters are being cajoled to vote with no assurance of any benefit

This is the same party that can't complete its national office in Abuja for 22years but shares money freely within the deadly caucus of its leadership.

One thing Nigerians must not forget is that the pains of today are the result of the waste of yesterday.

Nigeria is at a cross road with the last line of life and death. That is why the 2023 election should be evaluated critically by the electorate. Nigeria should vote for track records, competency, legacy projects, and administrative skill and not ethnic, religion or class consideration.

Let our campaign based on the competent of our candidate and not on weakness of the opponents

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by successmatters(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2022
Atiku has destroyed PDP with his greed and desperation for power, power to do evil.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by izenco2005(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Happy sunday narialand. Obi is coming.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Dannyset(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2022
Seun, Mynd44, OAM4J

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Antyislam: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2022
We Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim muslim ticket, we are not fools

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Bontafa: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2022
Abeg make una fight more for PDP

Obi all the way

Kawai

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Penguin2: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2022
Lol!

I thought Tinubu vagabonds and PDP fools said Ortom has broken away from the ranks of Wike and co.

Jokers!

Fools don’t know that what is holding Wike and his men together is stronger than they can imagine.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by VTJN(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2022
Tinubu is obviously the next president to succeed Buhari

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Chinonye2022(m): 11:15am On Oct 09, 2022
successmatters:
Atiku has destroyed PDP with his greed and desperation for power, power to do evil.
do you know what is greed?
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Chinonye2022(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2022
Penguin2:
Lol!

I thought Tinubu vagabonds and PDP fools said Ortom has broken away from the ranks of Wike and co.

Jokers!

Fools don’t know that what is holding Wike and his men together is stronger than they can imagine.
is he working for Obi? Do you know ortom is going for senate under pdp not LP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Nb
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by floss(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
PDP is destined to lose. APC planted Ayu just like they planted Modu-Sherrif in 2019

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Joshmoore(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
vote responsibly grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by BOOOMNAIJA: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
All these bunch of old thieves and criminals ruling this country into oblivion would soon meet their Waterloo.

If u are a young and enlightened Nigerian and u still insist on voting for these monsters next year becos of religious or ethnic sentiments, I curse u and ur entire generation this day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by FunkeAyorinde: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2022
shocked
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by beautyhd: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2022
He can’t resign, he’s been used to torment Wike and destabilize Pdp
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Johnrake69: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Mrtruetalk027: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2022
Let all those outdated old cargoes ruining this country, just go and retire for the sack of the Bright mind of this generation
Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Chinonye2022(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Obi supporters are saying that PDP is evil party but they derive joy when When a pdp governor is supporting Obi means they are happy when evil people supports Obi

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Lovetoglory(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Dannyset:
PDP Crisis Lingers As Governor Ortom Says Party Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign.

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/08/pdp-crisis-lingers-governor-ortom-says-party-leadership-has-failed-national-chairman-ayu
this clearly tells you that PDP as a party cannot be trusted. Atiku will tell you heaven and Earth just to gain power but would do otherwise at the end. Mark my words

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by jojo1415: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2022
Wine and Ortom u people should defect to Labour grin

1 Share

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by DrAkpamudehe: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2022
Obidiiot pigs on the beat

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: PDP Leadership Has Failed, National Chairman, Ayu Should Resign by Boyooosa(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2022
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide / Akpabio Formally Says Bye Bye To PDP / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.