Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra (1037 Views)

9ja Most Beautiful Girl On Facebook Nûde Photos Leaked My Lagos Hacker. / I Saw My Lagos Neighbour Last Night - Prostituting In Port Harcourt / (PICS) Feel the Sweetness of this Romantic Lovers, Selected among my pals.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by randa(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2007
i do not seem to understand why the guys and chicks i meet tend to disrespect people from the north and the middle belt, i do not mean to generalize, but its something that baffles me, they cannot differentiate between a kanuri, kamba, irigwe, birom and the likes the tend to classify all as hausa. funny, i do know who a yoruba from badagry and one from ilesha is, an ijaw from and ishekiri, kaba from igbeti e.t.c, so how comes they are on the black?, another issue is they tend to think they know all or have the answers to everything, met some corpers when i was serving about seven years ago who were bragging about lagos as if it was not the lagos that i do visit, dont get me wrong i love lagos but it is nowhere near a place like kontagora where u have power for half of the day or more , the roads are ok and no agbero asking u for a handout, now the main issue, the biggest problem is they make so much noise for ppl who know little, once again dont get me wrong i have wonderful friends in and from lag, yinka aina, jimi tijjani et all, but majority of em (the graduates) dont know where bogota is or the currency used in russia, that is to say i caled ten of them and asked them ten questions about varoius stuff outside their disciplines and the were all stammering, imagine, last week some bunch of corpers( all from eko) came to ma office and were hurling insults here and there,
i asked them certain questions about nigeria, and to my chagrin they could not answer,
what i want to say here is that we need to have respect for each other no matter where u are from, u should be judged by ur attitude to life and ur work and not by where u come from , i really get bothered when people tell me they thought i was youruba or from south south when i tell em i am friom plateau state, j-town to be precise they tend not to believe me,
Re: My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by funkydot(f): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ Poster
So the moral of your story? angry
Re: My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
Learn to respect and differentiate between tribes. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by rockiedink(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2007
and shouldnt this be in a different section?
Re: My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by blueband(m): 12:07pm On Dec 10, 2007
Generally southerners think that Northerners are all dull people.This is changing though.I am from the north and did my secondary and university education in the South.While in secondary school ,even the teachers called me "onye hausa","mai goro".I went on to university,though it didn't really matter then ,I was still classified a norther.I am actually from the middle belt.

It has made no difference to what I have achieved in life and I am currently on the top of my game,career wise and all that.

It's good to respect people and not just judge them simply because they come from a certain part of Nigeria.
In any case,I really don't care what people call me now."Mai goro" is just fine!
Re: My Lagos Pals And Their Gra Gra by deor03(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2007

(yawn!!!) so where is the romance in this story?

(1) (Reply)

Save A Soul / For Guys Only. Are All Ladies The Same? / Do You Believe In Second Chances?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.