Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. (34471 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / Minimum Wage: Is The New Agreed Percentages For Basic PayOr Net Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Administration1: 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2022
N
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Realists(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2022
Threesha:
Gross profit
Net profit

Ur dm picture is too hot �

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by June15(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
Tboy222:

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Ejiakusmith(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2022
that Mimi in the first page cracks me up ........ e go accept job offer base on gross salary ....hahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by gotnel: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2022
Very educative.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
Don't be deceived by every 500k offer as gross.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Goalnaldo(m): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
pocohantas:
Nice one.
A lot of greenhorns do not ask about deductibles. You can’t even blame them. Na one day person dey learn.
Hello my intelligent friend smiley it's been a while. Hope you are doing good.
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Allisgud: 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
Bigleaf1006:
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't know this.......I would be surprised if there is
has if,if I throw u question now u go know am

2 Likes

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by richie240: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2022
Kingzeez10:
Every sane person should know this already naw
Nor be everybody o.

Na so I get appointment with one big school like dt for Ikeja the other day.
Their gross na 135k but den say den go dey hol' 15k every month which will be made available when I dey leave their organization, so e cum bcum 120k, (the ppl wey sabi go don know d sch I dey yarn about now grin )

I tell dem, "no pee".
Den con tork say den go transfer me go dia festac branch, na so I begin do calculation for my head. I'll be commuting at least 3 buses to get there daily. I reason am say I'll be lucky to get 70k (after transport deduction) despite all d stress of 9-5 plus traffic holdup, na so I pick race.
cool

2 Likes

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by dododawa1: 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Many people doesn't know it, especially science students.
as a science student,just knowing this now
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Dubemski: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Manna4Gurls: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2022
I just learned new stuff today. My data didn't waste for nothing today grin

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by delelink: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2022
You are very correct, i see many young graduates pick up a job without knowing the difference between Gross Salary and Net Salary.

Also very important is the need to read and understand what was written in the offer letter before signing or agreeing.

I wish you all good success.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Donjuan77: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2022
There are so many other simple things other people knows that you don't know, so don't be acting as if you Mr/Mrs know it all.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Davefed(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
Thanks
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Cubanaocean: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
May God continue to bless our hustle, please petronize us at kendon industrial equipment U can call us on 07043009210 delivery nationwide. Bread Oven brand new 9tray, 3deck, 220v, brand linkrick and Concord.

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by bonnyhope: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
pheelhip:

https://n26.com/en-eu/blog/gross-pay-vs-net-pay

I want to know how tax is calculated using LASG as a case study

It seems the LASG tax system is ridiculous
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
Net Salary= Take home pay.
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Slurity(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2022
Kingzeez10:
how about new graduates that are not informed or not in study line that can teach them that. There is always room for learn

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Oluschenco(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2022
Nice one�

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by ecolime(m): 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2022
Well summarised.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Bimpe29: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
Knowing the gross pay and net amount receivable is very key.

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by LyfeJennings(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
I got a job earlier in the year
The job was sweet
Na so they give me gross 7m and I almost signed till when I asked again
What exactly is my take home
Lmao
I jejely reject am

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by CaptainFM1: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2022
Kingzeez10:

Do you think we have up to 2% sane people in this country?
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Bigchristo: 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2022
pheelhip:

https://n26.com/en-eu/blog/gross-pay-vs-net-pay
this issues has spark a protest during when I was working in a construction company in Nigeria, na so Dem lock gate say admin Dey deduct their salaries Dey edit receipts, ignorant people grin grin

1 Like

Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by pocohantas(f): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
Goalnaldo:
Hello my intelligent friend smiley it's been a while. Hope you are doing good.

I am doing good. Long time. I hope you are good too?
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Whatshallido: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2022
What is average salary?
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by fabregas04(m): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2022
Bigleaf1006:
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't know this.......I would be surprised if there is
A lot of ppl don't know or may be they don't just care, they just want to name a certain figure. i do indirectly help candidates during interview by asking if the figures quoted is Gross or Net. it's at that moment they will now come to their senses, some will then ask for d diff btw gross n net, some will now state clearly that it's net or gross. some actually know d difference but won't be specific during d interview, they just give a certain desired figure without considering d statutory deductions etc, only to be disappointed when d net hit them on d pay day.
so be more specific when negotiating salary when next u go for that interview.
Re: Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. by Abtcapitals: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2022
Educative

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria / Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.