Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme (35141 Views)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / BREAKING News,buhari Proposes New Salary For Teachers Equal With The Police / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by kvingjay27: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
NDA is full of cadets who got dere based on nepotism .....Those who have been to the so called Armed forces selection board can relate the shameless stunts the officers in charge do.
So how do we expect the system to be right?

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
Lanujezi23:
Hzhhz

Omoh! Babalawo don open blog. Chai! Country don hard.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2022
MirrorD:
Those short service officers are more brilliant academically than the so called regular officers that only went to Nda to serve jobs for 4yrs. They are better than you academically grin

Exactly what I was saying.
They have a healthy psyche and can best proffer administrative duties other than their counterparts who are just combatant ready.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Kaysalas(m): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
NkanuSon:
Tinubu is the sponsor of Simon ekpa, they're claiming they are a faction of ipob to bring terror to the east in other to affect voter turnout in the east,that's why this Yoruba platform(nairaland) gets firsthand information of unknown gunmen activities, u can see from the headlines and u will see them relating it with ipob or Biafra in other to play smart
Chai! Agba conspiracy theorist
grin grin grin
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
MirrorD:
Funny enough the ones supporting the proposal on this thread are those boys whose their fathers pushed not cos they merited it. Tell me one thing Nda officers can do that dssc officers cannot do better? How wil the morale not been dampened when you keep discriminating your fellow officers cos they are short service? Is conventional university not a school or is Nda any better than federal universities?
Most useless officers I've seen are the so called Nda officers, they drink, smoke, womanise and behave recklessly cos they believe after all their promotions will still come, they hold big appointments not cos they merit it but cos they went to the glorified secondary school.
The system is broken and it will remain so as long as its the so called useless officers that attend Nda that keep making the rules.

Very true. Truth is they feel cheated on both side. Having used the connection that they have and going through that thorough mending for 5 years still yet their counterparts who went to a conventional University still have upper hand than them or are pegged at the same position with them.

Plus aside from the usual training and mending these guys dey enjoy self. Free 3 square meals plus allowances what a normal student isn't entitled to on a normal day.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

You still didn’t answer my question

You don't like the answer.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

You don't like the answer.

I asked for a simple percentage % as an answer but you never gave me one. Or didn’t you understand the question? It’s below again in case you missed it the first time . . .

Between 1% to a 100% . . . What do you feel would be the probability that the funds realized from the tolling of this bridge would be embezzled?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

I asked for a simple percentage % as an answer but you never gave me one. Or didn’t you understand the question? It’s below again in case you missed it the first time . . .

I'm not a mind reader.

Get off my mentions. Thanks. And don't disturb me again. I won't disturb you.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

I'm not a mind reader.

Get off my mentions. Thanks. And don't disturb me again. I won't disturb you.

To read and answer questions you only need to have the cognitive ability to comprehend and not to read minds . . .

I take it you’re running away from our debate with your tail between your legs grin

I don’t blame you , anyone who can stoop so low to defend the policies of this current APC regime can only do so while sounding stupid no matter how hard they try to seem otherwise lol

You can run off now
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

To read and answer questions you only need to have the cognitive ability to comprehend and not to read minds . . .

I take it you’re running away from our debate with your tail between your legs grin

I don’t blame you , anyone who can stoop so low to defend the policies of this current APC regime can only do so while sounding stupid no matter how hard they try to seem otherwise lol

You can run off now

Run along now.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by samonak(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..
Why wouldn't Colitos rub shoulders with regular officers when you see regular officers dodging posting to Sambisa and North east, but instead prefer to be posted to Niger Delta wey they'll make money thru oil bunkering? I know of regular officers who are posted to command secondary school, ( something meant for DSSC education officers) I also know of a regular Naval officer even posted to a NN primary school in PH! A friend of mine ( SSC, Capt) who had spent 5 years in Yobe/ Borno was brought back after paying his dues, he was used to replace a regular officer, a Major in DHQ, who's turn it was to go to North east. The Major's commander, said the former had kids and that he didn't want him to die ( so na my colito friend good to die na?) The one wey tire me pass na one guy, a Yoruba Maj, n member of 56RC, that guy never go Sambisa on posting for once, and is currently an MA to a general. Other regular officers prefer juicy postings as military attaché in different countries or as ADCs. So why colitos no go wan change am for them?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by justmondris: 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
They want the military to always favour northerners since most of them join the army through NDA and not Direct short service which requires diploma or BSC certificate.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by samonak(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..
Na Burma even, carry wooden spoon last POP sef! Lol

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

Run along now.

You’re lucky you didn’t answer lol , you’d have fallen into my trap and I’d have exposed your hypocrisy big time grin
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

You’re lucky you didn’t answer lol , you’d have fallen into my trap and I’d have exposed your hypocrisy big time grin

Yes....and....
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Very true. Truth is they feel cheated on both side. Having used the connection that they have and going through that thorough mending for 5 years still yet their counterparts who went to a conventional University still have upper hand than them or are pegged at the same position with them.

Plus aside from the usual training and mending these guys dey enjoy self. Free 3 square meals plus allowances what a normal student isn't entitled to on a normal day.
And yet they are still sad short service officers are getting promoted after 5yrs. They just want everyone to bow to them and be forever subservient to them cos they went to Nda

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Reasoning:
When someone goes to the University, Colleges of Education, or Polytechnic for Five, Six, Seven,
Or More years to be a graduate, including the years of National Youths Service Core. Then he/she decided to join the Military through SSCC, DSC, SC, Etc, to train for Three, Six or Nine Months to be a Military Commissioned Office. And a Young Secondarian got admitted into Nigeria Defence Academic (NDA) to train for Four, Five or Six years, depending on his or her performance, to be a Regular Commission Officer. Then you expect that University or Polytechnic graduate to loose his or her Rank of Two years seniority to an NDA graduate Officers. For what to be precise Who is more special between these two kind of Military Officers, in Civilian and Military Relationship and Experiences That is why they don't know what they are doing as Soldiers. All they are doing there at NDA is practicing Gay and Sodomy as Military standard and way of Live. Afaka Barrack (I Fuckam Barrack), that's what it is. They keep Oppressing Themselves in the Military, instead of facing the Realities of National Security Challenges, and to Eliminates National and Global Terrorism. Which of a Military Graduates from NDA ever Rule Nigeria during the Military Era?? Which of a Military graduate from NDA was famous during Biafra war?? NDA was established during late Fifties and early Sixties, how comes they never had a graduate that was famous even up to presends days Mohammed Buhari?? See!!! jealousy Kill una there. Reality is the Best...

Mehn! I've heard of this Sodomy thing didn't really think it was that serious. Thought it was just rumour because the person said even the superior officers engage in it and most times it's the younger officers or even cadet that they do stuffs with.

This is really not nice.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Blueelf: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:

You are not wise Sir

You are indeed not wise.

In the USA, there is the OCS for all arms of services where graduates undergo 6 months training to be commissioned

And such officers are not treated any less

If this is the mentality you have coming out of your academy, then I dare say you have bad military instructors

Now, let me see if you can use your brain by asking you this question : "If every officer you see in the Nigerian Army for example (both RC, SSC, DSSC) were to try out for the NDA year after year, would all of them be admitted?

That is why there are other avenues for commissioning into the NIgerian Armed Forces (not just through the academy). And as is the tradition in more developed nations, those officers that were commissioned through other means than the Military academies are not treated any lesser than their academy graduate counterparts

So, please think very well before you comment. Give us little hope that your military instructors in the NDA are sound

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
MirrorD:
And yet they are still sad short service officers are getting promoted after 5yrs. They just want everyone to bow to them and be forever subservient to them cos they went to Nda

Gutter attitude.

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Blueelf: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Exactly what I was saying.
They have a healthy psyche. And can best proffer administrative duties other than their counterparts who are just combatant ready.

And I dare say, reports from the field have revealed that SSC and DSSC officers tend to discharge their duties with more maturity and a better appreciation of different scenarios. I kid you not

I don't see why SSC and DSSC officers should be punished because they happened to have stayed on as civilians 5 yrs longer than their RC counterparts

4 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2022
Blueelf:

And I dare say, reports from the field have revealed that SSC and DSSC officers tend to discharge their duties with more maturity and a better appreciation of different scenarios. I kid you not

I don't see why SSC and DSSC officers should be punished because they happened to have stayed on as civilians 5 yrs longer than their RC counterparts

Those NDA guys are just exhibiting the barbaric and domineering attitudes they're thought in the NDA.

These guys can't even relate well with people they're meant to protect without using force and coercion, always quick to flex their muscles on civilians.

I watched on YouTube how some young Regulars who just graduated mounted the high way: stopping motorist from moving for some good amount of time. Echoing nonsense, all in a bid to show people that they've arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Blueelf: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Those NDA guys are just exhibiting the barbaric and domineering attitudes they're thought in the NDA.

These guys can't even relate well with people they're meant to protect without using force and coercion, always quick to flex their muscles on civilians.

I watched on YouTube how some young Regulars who just graduated mounted the high way: stopping motorist from moving for some good amount of time. Echoing nonsense, all in a bid to show people that they've arrived.

I responded to someone on this thread whos unsupported such nonsense

Now, more than ever, there is need for cohesion in the military. ALl these policies targeted at a certain section of the Officer Cadre is unwarranted I tell you

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
Blueelf:

I responded to someone on this thread whos unsupported such nonsense

Now, more than ever, there is need for cohesion in the military. ALl these policies targeted at a certain section of the Officer Cadre is unwarranted I tell you

True.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
samonak:

Why wouldn't Colitos rub shoulders with regular officers when you see regular officers dodging posting to Sambisa and North east, but instead prefer to be posted to Niger Delta wey they'll make money thru oil bunkering? I know of regular officers who are posted to command secondary school, ( something meant for DSSC education officers) I also know of a regular Naval officer even posted to a NN primary school in PH! A friend of mine ( SSC, Capt) who had spent 5 years in Yobe/ Borno was brought back after paying his dues, he was used to replace a regular officer, a Major in DHQ, who's turn it was to go to North east. The Major's commander, said the former had kids and that he didn't want him to die ( so na my colito friend good to die na?) The one wey tire me pass na one guy, a Yoruba Maj, n member of 56RC, that guy never go Sambisa on posting for once, and is currently an MA to a general. Other regular officers prefer juicy postings as military attaché in different countries or as ADCs. So why colitos no go wan change am for them?
This is just the norm in the military, I know of one too he has gone abroad courses on CT more than 3 times but he has never gone to forward area for once, they always send the short service that have not gone for the courses. Isn't that corruption? And later they will open their gutter and say they are regular officers

4 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
Blueelf:

ssc and DSSC officers are faaarrr better in soldiering than Nda secondary school boys. The only thing Nda boys know how to do is to make you feel small and chawus you but when it comes to selfless service which is the path they swore then it's zero.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by chandini435: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
someone has already seen this vision long ago Say make them recruit thousand of youths into the army Incase there's mass desertion as seen in this Post someone has already seen this vision long ago Say make them recruit thousand of youths into the army Incase there's mass desertion as seen in this Post...
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Sochiblessed(m): 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:

You are just a big fool, how does rubbing shoulder solve the problem of insecurities ravaging the country? This is the mind set that have taking Nigeria one million backwards just because of naive mind like yours. What's even special in your combatant years when you are trained to be come more civilian than civilian. After your self acclaimed smoke training you will be looking for juicy places to go ?

5 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobleman80: 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
NkanuSon:
Tinubu is the sponsor of Simon ekpa, they're claiming they are a faction of ipob to bring terror to the east in other to affect voter turnout in the east,that's why this Yoruba platform(nairaland) gets firsthand information of unknown gunmen activities, u can see from the headlines and u will see them relating it with ipob or Biafra in other to play smart
I don't know for sure who sponsors him but calling tinubu is uncalled for,why do I say this is because we have so many igbo politicians and business men that have always work against the general interest of ndigbo. author eze na ukpo, chief emeka of or, ojir uzo kanu, rochas okorocha, hope uzodimma and whole lots of them moreover if nnamdi kanu didn't set up esn the enemies wouldn't have penetrated us easily so the blame should go for kanu for setting up esn which the enemies are impersonating to carry out thier heinous crime.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobleman80: 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nobleman80:
I don't know for sure who sponsors him but calling tinubu is uncalled for,why do I say this is because we have so many igbo politicians and business men that have always worked against the general interest of ndigbo. author eze na ukpo, chief emeka of or, ojir uzo kanu, rochas okorocha, hope uzodimma and whole lots of them moreover if nnamdi kanu didn't set up esn the enemies wouldn't have penetrated us easily so the blame should go to kanu for setting up esn which the enemies are impersonating to carry out thier heinous crime.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Melagros(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Yes ...the 2nd Niger Bridge
You guys should not kill person here with laughter grin
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by samonak(m): 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2022
MirrorD:
This is just the norm in the military, I know of one too he has gone abroad courses on CT more than 3 times but he has never gone to forward area for once, they always send the short service that have not gone for the courses. Isn't that corruption? And later they will open their gutter and say they are regular officers
Even that attack that happened in Metele, that resulted in the death of Lt Col Sakaba. A great deal of the officers that died were short service officers, I am forced to ask, where were the regular officers? As at 2008, if you were commissioned as a SSC 2/Lt your were running seniority with a clown at ACA, ( I don't know of now) no be juju be that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Federal Government Has Failed' - Dino Melaye As He Shares New Photo / Bishop John Ibenu And Gabriel Aduku Escape Assassination In Kogi / Borno Residents Reaction Against Fg’s Plan To Negotiate With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.