Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme (35084 Views)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / BREAKING News,buhari Proposes New Salary For Teachers Equal With The Police / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..
God punish that your stupid mouth, just cos you have godfather that pushed you forward doesn't mean you are better than thousand of people that were not commissioned. Even 6months recruits training is harder than that rubbish you guys are doing in that hopeless academy. Stupid boy.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Lanujezi23: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hzhhz

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
Missionaire:

I share your sentiments.
Even those who converted from NCOs, AM/AW and Ratings to COs should even have these number of years seniority over those who joined the same year from conventional higher institutions.

Funny enough, all these Short Service Officers abuse and spoil the system more....
Those short service officers are more brilliant academically than the so called regular officers that only went to Nda to serve jobs for 4yrs. They are better than you academically grin

8 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Okoroawusa: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

You mean the one started by PDP (Jonathan)?
Started? Ifele megbuo gi
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

Yeah, because that is what they do in sane climes to raise money to pay maintenance costs.

We have bad roads all over the place because Obasanjo stopped tolling roads 20 years ago. In return for a partial removal of subsidy then. See where it has led us to.

Did you inquire if the tolls they want to put on that bridge would be for it’s maintenance or to offset the loans that were taken for it’s construction?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

Did you inquire if the tolls they want to put on that bridge would be for it’s maintenance or to offset the loans that were taken for it’s construction?

Probably for both.

Welcome to the real world.

Many companies and entities including government take loans. And end consumer pays for them in part via paying for servicies.

That's why people pay attention to the loans government takes. In this country and outside this country.

Either you have a well maintained bridge by paying tolls, or you don't.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Theboss100(m): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Yes ...the 2nd Niger Bridge

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by MirrorD(m): 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
Funny enough the ones supporting the proposal on this thread are those boys whose their fathers pushed not cos they merited it. Tell me one thing Nda officers can do that dssc officers cannot do better? How wil the morale not been dampened when you keep discriminating your fellow officers cos they are short service? Is conventional university not a school or is Nda any better than federal universities?
Most useless officers I've seen are the so called Nda officers, they drink, smoke, womanise and behave recklessly cos they believe after all their promotions will still come, they hold big appointments not cos they merit it but cos they went to the glorified secondary school.
The system is broken and it will remain so as long as its the so called useless officers that attend Nda that keep making the rules.

10 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by udomma1005(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

And what else..........?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Traplord09: 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

............. .,........... ..........., ........... ......,
Let give it nxt 9years. Let see how it we be.....
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by duduade: 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
But the NDA products have always been favoured over the DSS products na....

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by PeterObi4LP: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Started? Ifele megbuo gi

Shame on you. Why didn't you translate your fuckery language to English let me comprehend. Compound FOO.L
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

Probably for both.

Welcome to the real world.

Many companies and entities including government take loans. And end consumer pays for them in part via paying for servicies.

That's why people pay attention to the loans government takes. In this country and outside this country.

Either you have a well maintained bridge by paying tolls, or you don't.

So why is it that all the other roads and bridges that are built in other parts of the country at the same time are not tolled? Or don’t they require maintenance too?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Missionaire: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
MirrorD:
Those short service officers are more brilliant academically than the so called regular officers that only went to Nda to serve jobs for 4yrs. They are better than you academically grin

SMH....
If that's what you think.....
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Hushbingo: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nigeria Girls Are Useless

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Sniper04(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..
Lol, going by your logic, only regulars should go to war and die. Because you spent 5 years others should not be promoted? Does 5he system already not favour regulars, you guys are promoted to lieutenant rank in less than a year after pop, while the SSC and dssc have to wait 2 to 3 years before promotion. Maybe they should scrap the dssc and SSC so that regulars can just do the job themselves since it's that easy

11 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

So why is it that all the other roads and bridges that are built in other parts of the country at the same time are not tolled? Or don’t they require maintenance too?

That's because the government and the people of this country are not realistic. They think they can fund everything from the oil money (they can't).

The fact is, every road should be tolled , including the federal roads in this country (I prolly would exempt LG roads). Pretending that we can keep roads well maintained without tolls is a big mistake...and one reason why we have bad roads. (Note I said one reason, not the only reason).

The 2nd Niger bridge on the other hand, has to be well maintained, and well funded, and the loans have to be paid back..hence the tolls. (I bet that in ten years, some government is going to remove the toll gates as a political gesture).
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Tinubuadvocate: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
The thing really tired person bro.
post=117439588:
A better Nigeria is all we want.

We want something positive and productive in the lives of Nigerians.

A country flying with milk and honey us all we desire in this nation.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Tinubuadvocate: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
Stop talking nonsense he signed it did he execute it.
Centcanada:
foll at forty. 2nd Naija bridge the GEJ signed before he left office.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

That's because the government and the people of this country are not realistic. They think they can fund everything from the oil money (they can't).

The fact is, every road should be tolled , including the federal roads in this country (I prolly would exempt LG roads). Pretending that we can keep roads well maintained without tolls is a big mistake...and one reason why we have bad roads. (Note I said one reason, not the only reason).

The 2nd Niger bridge on the other hand, has to be well maintained, and well funded, and the loans have to be paid back..hence the tolls. (I bet that in ten years, some government is going to remove the toll gates as a political gesture).

Hmm, so the people who are going to be making use of the second Niger bridge via passing through toll gates must pay a stipulated fee for its maintenance and building cost . . .

Isn’t it safe to say that the people instead of the government are the ones building and maintaining the bridge?

Why will the government build something for an inflated cost and then task the people being governed to pay for it?

Why not build more toll gates along other bad roads and bridges in the country so that other people too can help in offsetting their various maintenance costs? Or are those bridges not in need of maintenance?

Why will the government be choosing which to maintain from their purse and which to maintain from the peoples pockets?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Midastorch(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
Seefinish:
Can any good thing come out of APC government?

Yes Enugu-Onitsha Expressway enroute Umunya axis to Igbariam Junnction.. PDP which Peter Obi was a member never thought of fixing that road for 16 years
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

Hmm, so the people who are going to be making use of the second Niger bridge via passing through toll gates must pay a stipulated fee for its maintenance and building cost . . .

Isn’t it safe to say that the people instead of the government are the ones building and maintaining the bridge?

Why will the government build something for an inflated cost and then task the people being governed to pay for it?

Why not build more toll gates along other bad roads and bridges in the country so that other people too can help in offsetting their various maintenance costs? Or are those bridges not in need of maintenance?

Why will the government be choosing which to maintain from their purse and which to maintain from the peoples pockets?

That's why we are a participatory democracy. I'm not in government. Ask your government that question.

I also resent you thinking I support corruption and exploitation by government...because I support tolls.

As for me, I think that roads have to be tolled to keep them well maintained because they are not going to stay new forever.

Anyway, other countries toll their roads, and other countries pay taxes. I bet you think that their governments are exploiting them in your opinion.

P.S I am not a fan of corruption, and I don't like this APC government or the PDP governments that precceded it. But if you think that we can run a country on revenue from oil alone...better think again.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

That's why we are a participatory democracy. I'm not in government. Ask your government that question .

I also resent you thinking I support corruption and exploitation by government...because I support tolls.

As for me, I think that roads have to be tolled to keep them well maintained because they are not going to stay new forever.

Anyway, other countries toll their roads, and other countries pay taxes. I bet you think that their governments are exploiting them in your opinion.

P.S I am not a fan of corruption, and I don't like this APC government or the PDP governments that precceded it. But if you think that we can run a country on revenue from oil alone...better think again .

Fair enough, but let me ask you a direct question . . .

Between 1% to a 100% . . . What do you feel would be the probability that the funds realized from the tolling of this bridge would be embezzled?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Reasoning(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
When someone goes to the University, Colleges of Education, or Polytechnic for Five, Six, Seven,
Or More years to be a graduate, including the years of National Youths Service Core. Then he/she decided to join the Military through SSCC, DSC, SC, Etc, to train for Three, Six or Nine Months to be a Military Commissioned Office. And a Young Secondarian got admitted into Nigeria Defence Academic (NDA) to train for Four, Five or Six years, depending on his or her performance, to be a Regular Commission Officer. Then you expect that University or Polytechnic graduate to loose his or her Rank of Two years seniority to an NDA graduate Officers. For what to be precise Who is more special between these two kind of Military Officers, in Civilian and Military Relationship and Experiences That is why they don't know what they are doing as Soldiers. All they are doing there at NDA is practicing Gay and Sodomy as Military standard and way of Live. Afaka Barrack (I Fuckam Barrack), that's what it is. They keep Oppressing Themselves in the Military, instead of facing the Realities of National Security Challenges, and to Eliminates National and Global Terrorism. Which of a Military Graduates from NDA ever Rule Nigeria during the Military Era?? Which of a Military graduate from NDA was famous during Biafra war?? NDA was established during late Fifties and early Sixties, how comes they never had a graduate that was famous even up to presends days Mohammed Buhari?? See!!! jealousy Kill una there. Reality is the Best...

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
Conner44:

Fair enough, but let me ask you a direct question . . .

Between 1% to a 100% . . . What do you feel would be the probability that the funds realized from the tolling of this bridge would be embezzled?

That is why we are a participatory democracy

Ask your government. As i ahould too. Or run for office at any level
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ekejoestar:
Do people still join the army?

To the matter, I know something is wrong with the military when someone will suffer to undergo trading at the NDA but another person who didn't see the four walls of the academy will be his senior on the ground of educational qualifications.

It's a foul system designed to fail.

Why won't they? If they had admitted people who applied without bias and tribalism would they be talking about this now?
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by EJEHSON(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:

were you forced to go through the NDA?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Conner44: 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2022
Kasssandra:

That is why we are a participatory democracy

Ask your government. As i ahould too. Or run for office at any level

You still didn’t answer my question
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by rpstar12: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
NkanuSon:
Tinubu is the sponsor of Simon ekpa, they're claiming they are a faction of ipob to bring terror to the east in other to affect voter turnout in the east,that's why this Yoruba platform(nairaland) gets firsthand information of unknown gunmen activities, u can see from the headlines and u will see them relating it with ipob or Biafra in other to play smart

Biafra is closer than you think, the first step is to wake the awareness of the people , thanks to MNK and Simon Ekpa...

If you can't fight, then start applying for your Visa 2023... 2023 is going down.. Men full ground dey wait for command
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
To me, I see no difference between the NDA officer and a typical DSSC/SSC.

The former has a university degree of four years and a one year military intensive training, whilst the later has same. So, what's the fuzz on loosing 3 years rank for the other about?

3 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
Edoreborn:

As Una no gree admit people wey want willingly attend the NDA. Now them don find another alternative to by pass una. Ehen! Na yes na.

Now una come dey complain. Sometimes all wetin dem dey teach una there na how to dey wicked, shoot gun, bark and call people bloody civilians forgetting that you need intelligence, a healthy phycological state, proper communication skill, charisma, good interpersonal skill, high IQ both educationally and combat wise( which they I mean those who didn't attend NDA would gain during DSSC et al..)

But most of you lack it so they bring in people (Superior officers through the DSSC and SSC) that are not really in the square hole you guys are, to control you people. By so doing these guys can better control you people and administer top policies to help manage the armed force and it's personnel.

I hope you understand what I mean.
Don't be sad about it. Just bask in the euphoria of your "ruggedity" and enjoy your life.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Go and eat it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Daisy Danjuma's 65th Birthday Celebration In Lagos / Premium Times Apologises For Misleading Nigerians About Miyetti Allah / Why I Allowed Abacha To Arrest Me – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.