Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme (35133 Views)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / BREAKING News,buhari Proposes New Salary For Teachers Equal With The Police / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by jude5240(m): 12:48am On Oct 11, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..

I'll choose to stay silent; If only you knew...you too would!
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by jude5240(m): 1:14am On Oct 11, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

As Una no gree admit people wey want willingly attend the NDA. Now them don find another alternative to by pass una. Ehen! Na yes na.

Now una come dey complain. Sometimes all wetin dem dey teach una there na how to dey wicked, shoot gun, bark and call people bloody civilians forgetting that you need intelligence, a healthy phycological state, proper communication skill, charisma, good interpersonal skill, high IQ both educationally and combat wise( which they I mean those who didn't attend NDA would gain during DSSC et al..)

But most of you lack it so they bring in people (Superior officers through the DSSC and SSC) that are not really in the square hole you guys are, to control you people. By so doing these guys can better control you people and administer top policies to help manage the armed force and it's personnel.

I hope you understand what I mean.
Don't be sad about it. Just bask in the euphoria of your "ruggedity" and enjoy your life.

Hmm

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by KunGioKehRah: 2:38am On Oct 11, 2022
I was watching channels yesterday and they were recruiting into Nigerian army

I was like these guys no get shame oh

So you continue to pump in people to keep dying at the hands of bandits and criminals ?

In my street in Kano an ex soldier came back from maiduguri and he was on crutches,

It was his childhood friends in his street that rallied around him to support him so he will be managing

Nothing was done for him

And we will be saying there is insecurity

No welfare package for our soldiers.
One govt guy, (forgot his name) was saying after they rescued the kaduna Abuja train victims that they didnt pay any money and I was like
These guys think they are talking to children abi?

It is well!
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by orisa37: 6:06am On Oct 11, 2022
In all, the interest of the Armed Forces should prevail. Equallity of STATES in Recruitment, Processing, Placement, Promotions and Progression must be important considerations.
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by kiwi007: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Edoreborn:
Very good move,,long overdue sir..We suffered for 5 rugged n combatant years,,only 4 someone who went to conventional university to enjoy n be rubbing shoulders wt us..impossicant!!!

See civilians full ds thread ooo,,,only regulars can relate.. proudly burmesse..
So funny how you people look down on every civilians.
NB nobody is saying you people don't deserve better . But you still need professionals in some units
Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by samonak(m): 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
Blueelf:

You are not wise Sir

You are indeed not wise.

In the USA, there is the OCS for all arms of services where graduates undergo 6 months training to be commissioned

And such officers are not treated any less

If this is the mentality you have coming out of your academy, then I dare say you have bad military instructors

Now, let me see if you can use your brain by asking you this question : "If every officer you see in the Nigerian Army for example (both RC, SSC, DSSC) were to try out for the NDA year after year, would all of them be admitted?

That is why there are other avenues for commissioning into the NIgerian Armed Forces (not just through the academy). And as is the tradition in more developed nations, those officers that were commissioned through other means than the Military academies are not treated any lesser than their academy graduate counterparts

So, please think very well before you comment. Give us little hope that your military instructors in the NDA are sound
you even forgot to mention, ROTC ( reserve officer training corp) a military training scheme college undergraduates in US enrol before being commissioned in to the various services. Gen. Colin Powell fmr secretary of state was also from de scheme. If he wasn't given the opportunity to excel because he didn't go to west point, would we have heard about his exploits?

1 Like

Re: Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme by Blueelf: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
samonak:
you even forgot to mention, ROTC ( reserve officer training corp) a military training scheme college undergraduates in US enrol before being commissioned in to the various services. Gen. Colin Powell fmr secretary of state was also from de scheme. If he wasn't given the opportunity to excel because he didn't go to west point, would we have heard about his exploits?

Exactly sef, I even forgot their ROTC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: No Going Back On Old Naira, Nobody Will Be Allow To Intimidate Voters / Teenagers Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Community - Graphic Photos / Buhari: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.