Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Success Doesn't Know Your Age Written By Edet Edem Akpan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Success Doesn't Know Your Age Written By Edet Edem Akpan (217 Views)

At Your Age, What's Your Biggest Regret In Life / At Your Age, Which Animal Are You Scared Of? / What‘s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Success Doesn't Know Your Age Written By Edet Edem Akpan by edet19892015(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
I heard about Harland David Sanders who was also known as Colonel Sanders in a seminar I attended few years ago, I found his personality interesting so I began to dig deep about his history.

I learnt so many from the life and time of Colonel Harland David Sanders who was the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) so, like this Colonel Sanders spent half of his life, doing many odd jobs for a living, failing to achieve anything significant in his life.
Colonel Sanders failed to stay in one particular job for an extended period of time; as a result he was always on the search for a new job.
He understood that instead of randomly switching careers which would lead him to nowhere, settling in a single career would be more beneficial.

Colonel Sanders was 62 years old when he founded KFC.
He was born on September 9, 1890 and founded KFC on 24 September 1952, this means at the time of founding KFC he was 62 years, 0 months and 15 days old.

Colonel Sanders’s history is very inspiring.
From a very young age, he did many odd jobs but wasn’t happy with them.
Later in life, Colonel Sanders decided to work on his passion of cooking chicken.
This passion inspired him to found KFC and make it hugely successful.
Eventually, as his recipes grew in popularity, many travellers used to regularly visit his service station to taste his yummy food.
Colonel Sanders became well-known for his steak and country ham meals.
And as his small eatery failed to accommodate the ever increasing customers, he decided to open his own restaurant.
So in 1936, Colonel Sanders bought a large piece of land in the nearby area and built a restaurant with all his savings.
And during these times, he also did an eight week hotel management course from Cornell University, to run his business more efficiently.
In this restaurant, Colonel Sanders served many new dishes which also included his legendary fried chicken dish.

Colonel Sanders wasn't a real colonel because he never worked in the military.
The Governor of Kentucky, Ruby Laffoon liked his chicken, so he bestowed him the honor of a colonel.

I like to encourage you that success doesn't know your age, I so much like this lyric from the Nigerian popular female musician Teni "Uyo Meyo" which says "Everybody is born a winner, if only you just believe, don't you worry about a thing, cause if you work hard you can get it if you want, if you strive hard you can be just what you want.
If you work hard you can climb the mountain top cause nothing is too small
and nothing is too big.
Don't let them tell you, you can't
And they won't help you just so you know
Just keep on pushing."

At the age when many people retire from work, Colonel Sanders went on to become an entrepreneur and eventually succeeded to become one, thus inspiring millions of people.
His success story affirms that you are never too old to achieve success in your life.

This story also proves that you can be successful at any age, provided you possess the qualities like persistence, determination and passion towards your work.
Now, KFC is one of the biggest and most successful global brands, all thanks to the relentless determination and persistence of Colonel Sanders.

I believe you are motivated by this piece.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Detrdry6u / Flood: Despite Over N1tr Allocation, Ecological Funds Mired In Controversy / New Update——3 Newly Added Gift Cards Are Available To Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.