Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Lessons From Ajibola - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons From Ajibola (556 Views)

Ajibola And Adeboye Taiwo And Their Sextuplets (Photos) / Ajibola Otubusin Holds Naming Ceremony For Her Son / Ajibola and Adeboye Taiwo Welcome Sextuplets In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From Ajibola by Threesha(f): 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Upon returning to Nigeria a few years back, my brother and I lived together for a while.

Our favourite pastime was to whip out the PS4 controllers and play FIFA.

I initially used to beat him black and blue-5-0, 6-1, 6-3. Those scores were commonplace.

After a while, the games became much harder for me to win, and after some time, he started winning too.

After playing for a while, he figured out how I played the game and was able to beat me at it. He joked that my playing style was one-dimensional, or predictable.

To keep my position as the top dog, I needed to drastically alter my style and step it up a notch.

It may appear to be a lighthearted story, but it contains a few serious life lessons. I’ll just go with 2.

1. When life knocks you down, remember to use what you've learned to start planning your comeback. If you look close enough, you will find a lesson in every loss.

2. Never be too comfortable when you are at the top. Keep in mind that someone is coming for your spot. These people have learned everything about you, including (and especially) your flaws and weaknesses. So you will always need to re-strategize every now and then to remain relevant.

I know I said two but let me sneak one more in here.

Ultimately, know that you will win some and lose some.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons From Ajibola by Anijay1212(m): 6:08am On Oct 12, 2022
kiss
Words on marble.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons From Ajibola by Threesha(f): 6:39am On Oct 12, 2022
wink
Anijay1212:
kiss
Words on marble.
Re: Lessons From Ajibola by IyaTola: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2023
Lovely
Re: Lessons From Ajibola by oluwaseyi0: 7:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Super great lesson and reality of life
Re: Lessons From Ajibola by IyaTola: 2:05am On Apr 23, 2023
wink
Re: Lessons From Ajibola by Hamachi(f): 6:00am On Sep 17, 2023
wink

(1) (Reply)

Naija Mom Films Daughter Weeping Bc She Hates Washing Dishes / How To Make Money With Chatgpt On Fiverr (earn From $35-$1000/day�) Chatgpt TUT / My Wife Just Assured Me That She Would Marry Me Again If There Was A Next Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.