Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days (25829 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / ASUU: Buhari Will Intervene Soon, Gbajabiamila Appeals For Calm / NASU Directs University Workers, Others To Begin Strike Over IPPIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by Okhuadams(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
duro4chang:
Then what have they achieve? May we even call their strike a waste of time?
the best bet is that students are returning. Let it start from them if not for those other Union that was registered I don't think Asun would've shifted ground. Them give themselves braim

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by Okhuadams(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
duro4chang:
Then what have they achieve? May we even call their strike a waste of time?
the best bet is that students are returning. Let it start from them if not for those other Union that was registered I don't think Asun would've shifted ground. Them give themselves brain
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by lapazi(m): 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
donpata:

So what? The strike should continue forever? Or don't you know that ASUU has been sending between 50k to 100k to their members to sustain the strike? Do you want the students to continue staying at home. Ohh, we're u really thinking that ASUU was going to obey the court order? U must be naive to think that.

My problem with your comment is that you dont read to understand
How will it prolong when it has been compelled by the courts to call it off?

Or is ASUU bigger than the appeal court, lets not condone blatant disregard for the law!

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by duro4chang(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
Okhuadams:
the best bet is that students are returning. Let it start from them if not for those other Union that was registered I don't think Asun would've shifted ground. Them give themselves braim
Hmmmmm
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by donpata(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
lapazi:

My problem with your comment is that you dont read to understand
How will it prolong when it has been compelled by the courts to call it off?

Or is ASUU bigger than the appeal court, lets not condone blatant disregard for the law!

U ain't a student of Nigerian history. From time immemorial, Unions don't obey court orders they take as unfair. How many times has NLC been prevented from strike or protest by NIC and they didn't obey. You think ASUU actually expected a favorable ruling? They just did that to play the game. I repeat that if you actually think that ASUU would have obeyed the ruling without any meaningful offer by govt then u are naive. Moreover, the chief disrespecter of court rulling is the Buhari govt. Instead of you to fault the govt for reneging on agreements which led to the strike, you are dwelling on the strike itself.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by haslaw(m): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
zikter:
What will they see? You are just mirroring what you are. No wonder we are led by this useless people. We will see the wrong path they are taking and foolishly back them. The same people with their children studying abroad cos of the decay in our schools o. But here you are dancing shamelessly in their support. There no hope for this country with this kind of mentality

Stop ranting and foaming at the mouth and listen to logic.

1) The ASUU president's daughter graduated from a foreign university a few weeks ago

2) ASSU are not above the law. It would become contempt of law

3) The case is no longer between ASSU and FG but between ASSU and the court.

4) If is court with contempt, they would be considered as a lawless organisation and FG would start taking steps to deregister them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by Promising5555: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
The government purposely kept people at home using these method, so that southerners may register and collect pvcs at home and return to school knowing they won't be able to travel back home during election just to vote, we know that strategy
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by Babastrong(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
[quote author=TimmyTen post=117458087]Ngige and the Buhari government failed to understand that even if they force the union to resume work, they cannot force the lecturers to teach the Nigerian students whose future have been jeopardized.

Students can't have an angry lecturers set exams for them abeg ooooo[ Let them resume and you will know that ASUU has already been castrated with the approval of CONUA's license. ]

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by lapazi(m): 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2022
donpata:

U ain't a student of Nigerian history. From time immemorial, Unions don't obey court orders they take as unfair. How many times has NLC been prevented from strike or protest by NIC and they didn't obey. You think ASUU actually expected a favorable ruling? They just did that to play the game. I repeat that if you actually think that ASUU would have obeyed the ruling without any meaningful offer by govt then u are naive. Moreover, the chief disrespecter of court rulling is the Buhari govt. Instead of you to fault the govt for reneging on agreements which led to the strike, you are dwelling on the strike itself.

I completely disagree, it is absolutely wrong for ASUU or any other union for that matter to contravene on a court injunction, the fact that they have gotten away with it in the past doesnt still make it right!
Based on this position the govt can legitmately seek for the disbandment of ASUU and completely overhauling of its members from it services as lecturers.
ASUU should abdolutely not be encourage. The only losers here are the student if ASUU eventual gets paid for a service they didnt render. They must find a way to compensate the students else this is rubbish and will definitely repeat itself in the nearest future.
If u dont see this, i dont know how else to show you.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by bunminikan(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
This man is a gift to Nigeria. He did well also during the 'doctrine of necessity'. APC would have front people like this for presidency instead of one expired person.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by botiwunoluwa120: 1:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lecturers, about to be the biggest boys in town when FG pays them their 7 month’s salary arrears for doing NOTHINGLecturers, about to be the biggest boys in town when FG pays them their 7 month’s salary arrears for doing NOTHING...
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by TenQ: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
guobe:
WHICH FIGHT DID THEY WIN.PEOPLE THAT SUCCEEDED IN MAKING NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES A STIGMA IN THE EDUCATION WORLD.NO FOREIGN INSTITUTION WILL EVER TAKE NIGERIAN CERTIFICATES SERIOUS AGAIN BY THE ACTION OF ASUU FIGHTING FOR THEIR POCKETS.
Your half baked education is one that has compelled you to capitalise every word as you write. Do you even care!?
ASUU won, those who hate this should jump into the lagoon!

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by TenQ: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
FG rendered ASUU handicapped already,
Xccept u are hatching a plan to disobey dual Court orders....u have zero options other than resuming... regardless of the offer presented to UU, by FG (Buhari, Ngige and Reps speaker) undecided

Unfortunately, NLC leadership is occupied by wannabe politicians...! undecided

Appeal court simply said, Obey before complain

If u check very well....there wasn't any significant changes in the content the Reps speaker presented and what the FG renegotiated, ergo students shouldn't have been kept this Long at home.
We all yearn for the betterment of our citadels of learning...mind UU, I'm not taking sides.
FG should just honour what they signed with ASUU as an agreement. Weaponizing hunger is a bad strategy by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by donpata(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
lapazi:

I completely disagree, it is absolutely wrong for ASUU or any other union for that matter to contravene on a court injunction, the fact that they have gotten away with it in the past doesnt still make it right!
Based on this position the govt can legitmately seek for the disbandment of ASUU and completely overhauling of its members from it services as lecturers.
ASUU should abdolutely not be encourage. The only losers here are the student if ASUU eventual gets paid for a service they didnt render. They must find a way to compensate the students else this is rubbish and will definitely repeat itself in the nearest future.
If u dont see this, i dont know how else to show you.

Place the blame where it should be. If ASUU members go on strike because govt have refused to pay what is due them, should they be penalized? Who then penalizes the govt. U have conveniently refused to blame the govt for the strike in the first place. Maybe you are pro APC. Banning ASUU won't still return normalcy to the Unis. At the end, Buhari is too dull else his intervention should have been b4 they even went on strike and not now. Why should we wait till it it get to strike? Why is govt not proactive? What is 170bill that they can't afford? If they can't haven't signed an agreement in 2020, why didn't they look for ASUU to tell them? Hold govt accountable pls. We have one of the most irresponsible govt in Africa. Look at what is happening in the oil sector with oil theft. When govt is so extremely irresponsible, blame them appropriately not the people that react to such irresponsibility.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by donpata(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
botiwunoluwa120:
Lecturers, about to be the biggest boys in town when FG pays them their 7 month’s salary arrears for doing NOTHINGLecturers, about to be the biggest boys in town when FG pays them their 7 month’s salary arrears for doing NOTHING...

Obviously, u have a disdain for them since u won't blame the govt that refused to honor agreement. U are obviously ok with NNPC workers who continue to draw crazy salaries for doing absolutely nothing and who have never been patriotic like ASUU to go on strike to demand that govt fix our refineries.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by zikter(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
haslaw:

Stop ranting and foaming at the mouth and listen to logic.

1) The ASUU president's graduated from a foreign university a few weeks ago

2) ASSU are not above the law. It would become contempt of law

3) The case is no longer between ASSU and FG but between ASSU and the court.

4) If is court with contempt, they would be considered as a lawless organisation and FG would start taking steps to deregister them
It is illogic i am listening to from you. How do you force people to go back to such work as lecturing via questionable court orders? What will be the quality of their output? Did the ASUU president graduate with a first degree or even a second degree? If the schools here were anything to write home about who will pay cutthroat fees to foreign schools who on the other hand use the money to grant their citizens free education and also better their economies. Your sense will not tell you that if the governments of those countries were treating their education the way it is done here, the thieving class will not be able to go and enroll their kids there. That ASUU president or anyone garduated abroad further strenthens my point that our education system is nothing to write home about hence the need to seek for a better place.

However, as it is with anyone who supports the clueless government, i will not expect you to know all this. You will rather unknowingly make another point that will further strenthen what i have been saying since. Common sense is indeed not common.
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by lapazi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
donpata:

Place the blame where it should be. If ASUU members go on strike because govt have refused to pay what is due them, should they be penalized? Who then penalizes the govt. U have conveniently refused to blame the govt for the strike in the first place. Maybe you are pro APC. Banning ASUU won't still return normalcy to the Unis. At the end, Buhari is too dull else his intervention should have been b4 they even went on strike and not now. Why should we wait till it it get to strike? Why is govt not proactive? What is 170bill that they can't afford? If they can't haven't signed an agreement in 2020, why didn't they look for ASUU to tell them? Hold govt accountable pls. We have one of the most irresponsible govt in Africa. Look at what is happening in the oil sector with oil theft. When govt is so extremely irresponsible, blame them appropriately not the people that react to such irresponsibility.

You must be a member of ASUU, an avenue of industrial action that has been over flogged but has never yielded any positive results.

I dont need a fortune teller to know that you lot are just unfortunate. This is not a political issue, it cuts across all forms of govt past and present, democracy or military.

You clowning lecturers claim to be learned but yet cant come up with a better way of handling this.

Youre lucky that Buhari is also docile like you lot, if na me I go pass the buck to the next govt, awon werey!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by haslaw(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2022
zikter:
It is illogic i am listening to from you. How do you force people to go back to such work as lecturing via questionable court orders? What will be the quality of their output? Did the ASUU president graduate with a first degree or even a second degree? If the schools here were anything to write home about who will pay cutthroat fees to foreign schools who on the other hand use the money to grant their citizens free education and also better their economies. Your sense will not tell you that if the governments of those countries were treating their education the way it is done here, the thieving class will not be able to go and enroll their kids there. That ASUU president or anyone garduated abroad further strenthens my point that our education system is nothing to write home about hence the need to seek for a better place.

However, as it is with anyone who supports the clueless government, i will not expect you to know all this. You will rather unknowingly make another point that will further strenthen what i have been saying since. Common sense is indeed not common.

I stopped reading your rant when said "questionable court orders "
Re: Gbajabiamila: Deal Sealed, ASUU Strike Over In Matter Of Days by Nauttyprof(m): 1:19am On Oct 12, 2022
OnionBandit:
If Buhari 's government pays them for the months spent gallivanting around doing nothing, I will withdraw my total support for this administration..I would rather support the failed brewery investor with a second class in philosophy than wish for a continuity of this nonsense

Everybody just dey do as dem like for this administration despite the fact that Buhari is so fatherly and understanding.

What has your total support done in the first place? Besides, you want lecturers to resume and attend to all backlogs, right? They should as well cancel that and focus on just a new academic session too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. / ABU Zaria - 2016/2017 Postgraduate Application Form Is Out / Man Sends Young Groundnut Hawker Back To School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.