Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket (23427 Views)

Kogi 2023: AAC Unveils Achimugu, Bamidele Gubernatorial Ticket / Lagos SDP Deputy Guber Candidate, Abeni Animashaun Defects To APC / Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by chokekachy: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
The Oloja of Epe, Oba Kamoroudeen Animashaun, has dissociated himself from the Deputy governorship ticket picked by his wife, Olori Morenike Abeni Animashaun, on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

In a statement in Lagos, the monarch said his wife neither discussed her political aspiration with him nor secured his consent before contesting the primary.

The statement reads: ” My attention has been drawn to the recent political activities of Olori Morenike Abeni Animashaun, especially her affiliation with the Social Democratic Party (SDP). I wish to aver, for the avoidance of doubt, that she has never discussed with me her aspiration to the office of Deputy Governor nor have I given her my consent to run for any elective office in the first place.”

Oba Animashaun said by virtue of his membership in the Lagos Traditional Council, he was expected to support the government of the day in its bid to deliver dividends of democracy to his people rather than getting involved in partisan politics.

He called on his subjects, friends and associates to be wary in dealing with Olori in respect of her political pursuit, insisting that he has nothing to do with it.

” Perhaps, it is not out of place to wish Olori Morenike Abeni well in this ill-advised political charade even as I hope that she will soon back off, if only only in honour of my position as a reverred traditional ruler.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-monarch-disowns-wife-over-deputy-gov-ticket/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1665487068

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
Is that a nice prove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by vraleksas: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
May politics not tear families apart this period

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Corridon: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
Coward Oba. We are in a democracy for christ sake. Not everyone will support the push and start engine. I even think your wife is wiser than you.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Jocoreg(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
vraleksas:
May politics not tear families apart this period

1 Like

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Felabrity: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
The fear of Tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by iamyemiakins(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Thiëfnubu sef!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lagos state and its indigenes can only be alright if Tinubu's dynasty is destroyed

17 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by bigdammyj: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Noted.
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by BuyDomain: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
2023 will speak a new language

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Houseofglam7(f): 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
undecided
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
undecided

Politics of bitterness even right in the family...
Na wa o.

What do I know?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by chokekachy: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
!

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by deeva2: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Corridon:
Coward Oba. We are in a democracy for christ sake. Not everyone will support the push and start engine. I even think your wife is wiser than you.

All the rubbish you typed is just to show your hatred for Tinubu.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by gbaskiboy: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Baba does not want to risk his throne! Coward! What happened to the freedom of association?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Sabadon(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
The king so corny Alagbado grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Lama70(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Some women get mind Sha!
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by tinsel: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Corridon:
So you know you are democracy and you bully others not in support of Obi?

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Chizzyjforce: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Hia
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Corridon: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
deeva2:

All the rubbish you typed is just to show your hatred for Tinubu.
Is it only Tinubu that is contesting in this coming election? So you mean Tinubu is truly a push and start engine?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Mom007(f): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
How do u take up such as a wife without first consulting and getting the permission of your husband? Kikoja aiye!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Miliscent: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
So much for so little

Chat me on how to read novels and earn.
Contact available on signature
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by jaxxy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
it's her democratic right to contest
Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by phorget(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Tilumbu has used the power of intimidation to forcefully coerce people into supporting him.
You become their perceived enemy the moment you don't support him.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Monarch Disowns Wife For Picking SDP Deputy Gubernatorial Ticket by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kabieyi that's her choice we are practising multi party system in Nigeria let her be

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Patrick Igbinidu Curses Subjects Who Fail To Vote APC / Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / Exposed: Level 16 Workers In Kwara Earn N71,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.