Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? (487 Views)

How Guys Want Females Nowadays (photos) / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart / 10 Reasons Why Most Women Don’t Wear Panties Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by RealMarv(f): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
This is a trend that has been going on for a long time! Mind you, it's not limited to guys, even ladies do call themselves names all in the name of jokes. Names like "weyrey, fool, idiot, bastard" and lots more. It's common even in chats, as some of them screenshot their chats and put it on their statuses to reply. You see a long chat and all they do is call themselves all sorts of names including curses. What is it with the names calling?

I know most of them would say they don't really mean it but must you call yourselves negative names all in the name of throwing banters?
Let me hear your thoughts guys!
Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by marlow1962(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
That’s how friends do, but guys don’t take it too serious ( I don’t know about u), guys know when it’s all joke and when it means business.
I have very close friends, most times we do bad mouth ourselves ( especially wen gistin about something or playing fifa), it’s nothing. Bad talks like “ur papa or ur mama” is not involved. Even with these, that doesn’t give an outsider the right to bad mouth me ( cus I will slap the shit out of u).
Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
I can't relate, i dont roll that way with friends.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
RealMarv:
This is a trend that has been going on for a long time! Mind you, it's not limited to guys, even ladies do call themselves names all in the name of jokes. Names like[b] "weyrey, fool, idiot, bastard" [/b]and lots more. It's common even in chats, as some of them screenshot their chats and put it on their statuses to reply. You see a long chat and all they do is call themselves all sorts of names including curses. What is it with the names calling?

I know most of them would say they don't really mean it but must you call yourselves negative names all in the name of throwing banters?

This right here is the reason why we have a lot of unfortunate beings roaming the streets

Damn... nasty... I'm out of here

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by advanceDNA: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
RealMarv:
This is a trend that has been going on for a long time! Mind you, it's not limited to guys, even ladies do call themselves names all in the name of jokes. Names like "weyrey, fool, idiot, bastard" and lots more. It's common even in chats, as some of them screenshot their chats and put it on their statuses to reply. You see a long chat and all they do is call themselves all sorts of names including curses. What is it with the names calling?

U too formal....E be like say na international school wey una wey una dey go holiday for france you attend

If you grew up where u play police and thief, tęntę, open kòlò, nick names are commin among circle friends...it may sound derogatory bur its no biggie......

Only good friends call each other names and it doesnt hurt...... na love....my ex used to call me big head..... it was the first sign that made me know when something was off.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by RealMarv(f): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
I'm just wondering why it has to be derogatory names. Big head is not in that category!
advanceDNA:

U too formal....E be like say na international school wey una wey una dey go holiday for france you attend

If you grew up where u play police and thief, tęntę, open kòlò, nick names are commin among circle friends...it may sound derogatory bur its no biggie......

Only good friends call each other names and it doesnt hurt...... na love....my ex used to call me big head..... it was the first sign that made me know when something was off.

Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by culf: 1:49am On Oct 12, 2022
RealMarv:

that's guys for you, it is what it is
Re: What Is It With Name-calling Amongst Friends Nowadays? by senjutsu(m): 2:02am On Oct 12, 2022
Different generations, different values. I don't think its a good thing though. Its a reflection to some extent on their world views

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Nollywood Producer, Seun Who Regains Freedom After 3years In Prison. / Please Advice A Brother / Where Love Can Be Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.