Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,192 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations (24337 Views)

Adamawa Residents Troop Out To Wash Off "APC Stains" / Again, Kogi Residents Protest Against Dangote's "Monopoly & Exploitations" / Kogi Indigenes Protest Along Abuja-lokoja Road Over Kidnapping (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Jonah2022: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZw9h-E7h8

The conflict between the Kogi State government and the Dangote Group over the ownership of Obajana cement took a new turn in the early hours of Tuesday, when citizens of the state occupied all mining sites across the state to express their plaight over the alleged exploitation of the Dangote Group.

This comes just hours after it was reported that the state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, and the Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, were meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari to discuss the matter.

Massive crowds gathered with various placard inscriptions urging the state and federal governments to press Dangote Group for justice. Despite the fact that the protesters are not violent, trading activities in various areas have been halted.

The protest is happening at Obajana, Ankpa and other areas.

They are urging the state not to back out until the state recovers Obajana Cement, the largest cement plant in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Remember that the state government sealed off the cement factory last week, claiming ownership of the company due to breech of contract agreements and non involvement of the state assembly. Meanwhile, Dangote Group has responded that it owns the entire company.

According to the report of a committee of inquiry set up by the state government, documents show that the agreements entered into between Dangote Group and the previous government in 2002/2003 are invalid. According to the government, the State Assembly was not involved in the negotiations.

The government's statement noted that Dangote Group has even failed to meet the terms of the agreement. It was stated that 90% of the shares were transferred to Dangote Group, with the remaining 10% reserved for the government and citizens.

Though the state government has stated that it is open to negotiation, the citizens seemed adamant through the protests that there is no point in negotiating. The protesters, some of whom were crying, claimed that Dangote Group had wreaked havoc on their lands. They claimed that Dangote trailers kill their people almost every day, and that mining operations leave them with errosions that take their lands and endanger their lives.

They are urging all international organizations to assist the state government in obtaining justice for the people. They have also vowed that they will continue the protests until justice is done.
Source: https://thenewsguru.com/nigeria-news/kogi-youths-protest-against-dangotes-ownership-of-state-cement-factory/

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by ChangetheChange: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
Governor Yahaya Bello picking up unwarranted and unprovoked fights every where.

15 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Naijafever1: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Thank God. Somebody is standing up to Dangote at last

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Naijafever1: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
A very senior staff from Dangote Cement Company Obajana, was in my inbox.
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
The company still runs the abolished system of casual staff,
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Oluboh: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
Dangote Don milk Kogi finish

Imagine claiming to own a factory initiated by Kogi 100%

Dangote's Monopoly is matched by Bello's madness

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Romanoff(f): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kogi people are their own problem.

They let these people in after they are paid little money they think is "huge". Till e clear for their eyes.

In my part of Kogi state, my grand father who use to own a quarry was made to broker a deal between some foreigners to establish one factory there, I guess it's similar to what he did in his Quarry back in the day.

They built a fancy house for this old man, gave him money and he agreed to their terms.

Now they are planning to relocate some of them into the forest, so the factory can be on the road, they are protesting.

The deal between the Kogi government and Dangote cement factory is in black and white with a 90/10 partnership.

Why did they wait so long to hold Dangote cement accountable for owing so much in tax?

Whose palm was being greased to let this slide?

Some of those protesting have nothing to do with the factory, why them dey protest?

28 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by fkj950ax(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
This is a joke I guess.
Kogi State Govt shouldn’t promote protest against Dangote as that’s what happening right now.
If there is a breach of contract, sit at a table.
Initially it was about unpaid taxes.
Then it became about an agreement Kogi owns 10% of the company.
Now it’s about taking over full ownership of the company.

And can the state run and manage the cement plant if and when they take over the business operations?

There’s nothing wrong with people having misunderstandings but sit at a freaking table and iron out the issues out.
Agreements can be edited and re-written.

The protesters on the streets didn’t ‘benefit’ from the initial agreement and now they are being asked to protest on the streets and the company will be taken from Dangote, will they now ‘benefit’ from the company?

The State government should leave the citizens alone and out of this power tussle with Dangote.

Dangote is bigger, influential and more powerful than the Governor. They will both shake hands over drinks and it will be business as usual.
The citizens will be back to their survival and daily living struggles

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by JohnieWalker12(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Make kogi use their JuJu na cheesy no time to shalaye sad

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by gender123: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
cool the cabals in Abuja that portray Dangote and uses is company to Exploit
Nigeria. Has called Yaya Bello to Abuja so there can add him as one of the share Holder...
Nothing go change...

23 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by STEWpid(f): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
Chai..

If the money come out, dem go see shishi?

Wretched masses sha..
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Johnrake69: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
Dangote's business practices is bad for Nigerian economy.

Beggar thy country men is Dangote's ideology.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by mespusinglez(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
WETIN CONCERM ME FOR WETIN WEY NO CONCERN ME

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Bonarotti22: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
One man is trying to monopolize the country with the help of the government at the expense of the masses.

12 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by pacespot(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
A very senior staff from Dangote Cement Company Obajana, was in my inbox.
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
The company still runs the abolished system of casual staff,
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen

Serious shocked

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by nkemoma(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
See fools wey know nothing..

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Germi9: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
Una no protest since oh

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by AzuNas: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
Alright. . . . . . .Aje

This season film,we dey watch. . .
Business practice wen dem na fit do for other countries. . .

Abeg

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by christistruth01: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Thank God. Somebody is standing up to Dangote at last

It is so unfortunate it had to be Yaya Bello of all People

Anyway on this one he is doing a great job

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Joshmoore(m): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Revolution done dey test mic

Let Naija Delta hold their oil too.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by 900warriorz: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
This is Funny angry

First good thing I'm seeing YahAya Bello do cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by christistruth01: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
mespusinglez:
WETIN CONCERM ME FOR WETIN WEY NO CONCERN ME

Wetin no concern you will soon be your turn

62 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by inoki247: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
lol d state Govt don go pay people to protest...

People wey no protest flood wey dey dere state na Dangote wey employ people for dere dey giv dem headache....

Make Dangote give dem derr factory bak make everybody go rest...

Govt wey no even sabi maintain anything even if dey av all the tools at dere disposal na aw to loot dey always dey dere mind...

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by eastgates1: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
I stand with dangote, agreement is agreement you cant say what happened is illegal. In this country governors have sold econet shares without recourse to the state assembly or is it because he is Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by kerry57: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Arranged protest. Yaya Bello na wetin fela dey call arrangee masiters ooo, yeeye arrangee masiters oo. The meth Yaya Bello dey smoke na Jamaican made, just arrange for him and his only to smook.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai Just Got His PVC Yesterday! [PHOTOS] / Kaduna APC Faction Office Demolished After El-Rufai's Suspension (Photos) / AMCON Seizes Mansion Of Abdulfatah Ahmed Over 5b Debt: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.