Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations (24367 Views)

“Recover Our Stolen Wealth From Yahaya Bello” – Kogi Indigenes Tell EFCC / Again, Kogi Residents Protest Against Dangote's "Monopoly & Exploitations" / Kogi Indigenes Protest Along Abuja-lokoja Road Over Kidnapping (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by naikeboy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
I support them the whole country should protest self
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
babaolofin:

You are a liar. You are a jobless youth and very incoherent.

Firstly, you are an IBO and not competent enough to say Dangote cannot site the company in South West as you said in your last paragraph. You can only speak for Southeast.

Dangote has Cement factory at Ibeshe, Ogun State.

No investment in Kogi State has impacted the State directly and Indirectly like Dangote Cement.

Hmm a beneficiary has spoken, a local chief maybe.?
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by skelewu404(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
inoki247:

So they can't protest for good relief materials for Flood victims.

They can't protest that the Govt have to take a good step the flood keep happening every year nd the Govt just sit down dere without trying one or to two things maybe it will work...
oga take a trip down to lokoja and see where people built their houses and they have refuse to leave despite all the warnings so what do you want them to protest for
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by ufuosman(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Na wa
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by DDNGNG: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
fkj950ax:
This is a joke I guess.
Kogi State Govt shouldn’t promote protest against Dangote as that’s what happening right now.
If there is a breach of contract, sit at a table.
Initially it was about unpaid taxes.
Then it became about an agreement Kogi owns 10% of the company.
Now it’s about taking over full ownership of the company.

And can the state run and manage the cement plant if and when they take over the business operations?

There’s nothing wrong with people having misunderstandings but sit at a freaking table and iron out the issues out.
Agreements can be edited and re-written.

The protesters on the streets didn’t ‘benefit’ from the initial agreement and now they are being asked to protest on the streets and the company will be taken from Dangote, will they now ‘benefit’ from the company?

The State government should leave the citizens alone and out of this power tussle with Dangote.

Dangote is bigger, influential and more powerful than the Governor. They will both shake hands over drinks and it will be business as usual.
The citizens will be back to their survival and daily living struggles

Get lost with your minion mentality
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Moymoy: 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Romanoff:
Kogi people are their own problem.

They let these people in after they are paid little money they think is "huge". Till e clear for their eyes.

In my part of Kogi state, my grand father who use to own a quarry was made to broker a deal between some foreigners to establish one factory there, I guess it's similar to what he did in his Quarry back in the day.

They built a fancy house for this old man, gave him money and he agreed to their terms.

Now they are planning to relocate some of them into the forest, so the factory can be on the road, they are protesting.

The deal between the Kogi government and Dangote cement factory is in black and white with a 90/10 partnership.

Why did they wait so long to hold Dangote cement accountable for owing so much in tax?

Whose palm was being greased to let this slide?

Some of those protesting have nothing to do with the factory, why them dey protest?

Kogi people were not consulted by the then governor, Abubakar Audu, before signing off Kogi state's crown jewel away to Dangote under shadowy terms and conditions....
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by DDNGNG: 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
STEWpid:
Chai..

If the money come out, dem go see shishi?

Wretched masses sha..

Like your stewpid wretched linage!
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Coolsphinx: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Yeye Below is only fighting Dangote for his selfish reasons any amount of money he succeeds in extorting Dangote will end up in his personal coffers, if a governor from the south east put up such barbaric attitude, many people will not condone it, there are ways yeye Below can use to call Dangote to order and not sponsoring thugs to attack the poor workers at Obajana. We all know Dangote is an opportunist but he's 100% better than Yeye Below that's owning backlog of salaries but pay grade 14 worker #2,500 per month.
Naijafever1:
A very senior staff from Dangote Cement Company Obajana, was in my inbox.
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
The company still runs the abolished system of casual staff,
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Jephyard(m): 5:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
Uniquekriss:
Most parts of the state is submerged in water and you're here doing mass protest. Dangote is Government, government is dangote. Know this and know Peace, regardless of who the president is.

Stop nah. How can the most part be submerged in water. Do you think Kogi state is like Bayelsa or Lagos State that is mostly surrounded by water. By the way the flood in Lokoja didn't start today it has always been there whenever they release water from the dam. It kind of some usual occurances in that axis. Way back in 2005 the people of Kogi State felt cheated about Dangote, I did my secondary school there didn't pay much attention but I can assure you they were not happy with the deal as far back as 2005. It much more than what you people think here. The little gist I could get then was all the limestone in the state has been given to Dangote for little or nothing to write about. What do I know I was a child then but I could tell no one likes Dangote in Kogi State. I am not surprised with what Yaya Bello is doing. Ask anyone from Kogi State you will still get same resentment for Dangote on Obajana or limestone deposit in Kogi state.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Romanoff(f): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
Moymoy:

Kogi people were not consulted by the then governor, Abubakar Audu, before signing off Kogi state's crown jewel away to Dangote under shadowy terms and conditions....

They should hold their lawmakers accountable then.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
Imagine this happening in east

Igbo shops will be burning in the north by now

IGBOS WE HATED THAT MUCH I CAN ASSURE YOU
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Agugbadin: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ndi Agaba Ayelet.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Ofemmanu1: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen

I'ma Dangote staff too and I can tell you illiterate abokkis are killing the company.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by RomanGreen: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Idiot.ts, how many times have these lowlives protested the poor governance of Yayaha Bello? half of the state is nearly submerged in water, terrible road conditions and poor health and education facilities yet their problem is Dangote...the rich has a way of using the poor to fight their battles, the beef between Dangote and Bello is personal, no one should tell me otherwise
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by RomanGreen: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother

Blames your government for lack of appropriate labor labors and proper sanction, no institution is working in this country...how do you expect Dangote and other multinationals to implement the laws? Look, the earlier we all realize all this rubbish is a direct consequence of bad leadership the better we can make better choices
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by ejimatic: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jonah2022:

Source: https://thenewsguru.com/nigeria-news/kogi-youths-protest-against-dangotes-ownership-of-state-cement-factory/
why the silence till today? What has Kogi government done since? There are untold stories about the matter!
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by amobi25n: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kogi 10Aliko 0Kogi 10Aliko 0...
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by fkj950ax(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
DDNGNG:

Get lost with your minion mentality

That’s why the government can keep you in chains even with all the sage level mentality you all have.

I think I will get and stay lost as recommended so I don’t be like you
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by anyilalaz: 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Cear:

Quite revealing
Thus us the same way he exploit the coal resources in Okaba, Ankpa LGA.
Go and see the havoc on the environment.
He can try this in Kenya, Tanzania or Ethiopia. That's why he play by the rules. Some many times he company were shut down because of few malfeasance.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by HOB777(m): 5:40am On Oct 12, 2022
grin
mespusinglez:
WETIN CONCERM ME FOR WETIN WEY NO CONCERN ME
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Parachoko: 7:44am On Oct 12, 2022
fitjenzy:

He isn't known for philanthropy, either in the south or north where he comes from. If I owned that cement plant, I'd ensure about 10% of profits or 0.5% of revenue is spent bettering the lives of the indigenes. This will go a long way.

Ignorance is disturbing you

The little you have, how have you been helping family and friends with it? Talk is cheap
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Parachoko: 7:47am On Oct 12, 2022
uckay304:

Is so bad my brother. How can only one person be supplying cement to more than 200million population
Ignorance is a disease.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Erin69: 8:17am On Oct 12, 2022
I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.
My Merrill Lynch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Claims Victory In Presidential Election Ahead Of Inec’s Declaration / President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians / Suicide Bomb At A Mosque In Muna, Maiduguri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.