Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations (24366 Views)

“Recover Our Stolen Wealth From Yahaya Bello” – Kogi Indigenes Tell EFCC / Again, Kogi Residents Protest Against Dangote's "Monopoly & Exploitations" / Kogi Indigenes Protest Along Abuja-lokoja Road Over Kidnapping (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by gabicon: 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
The company was ceded to Dangote in the first place because the government couldn't run the business. All this drama is unnecessary, if the contract is faulty simply renegotiate. If the asset is transferred back to Kogi state it will become moribund in 2 years.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Deltavariant(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
I am sure there are others states with limestone deposits and other raw materials willing to accommodate Dangote. Even PAYE tax being generated and economic potentials brought about by multinational companies sometimes outweigh the cons, remember NO GOOD DEAL IS GOOD.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Themanleshey: 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
Oluboh:
Dangote Don milk Kogi finish

Imagine claiming to own a factory initiated by Kogi 100%

Dangote's Monopoly is matched by Bello's madness

I swear
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by 9jatriot(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
It is this shallow kind of thinking that turned Warri from a vibrant prosperous city to the shadow it has become today. People only thinking about their stomach at the moment, never seeing the big picture
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
ChangetheChange:
Governor Yahaya Bello picking up unwarranted and unprovoked fights every where.
see these Aboki, leave kogi resources for kogites, go back to your dongeon desert and face your bandits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Mbenny(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
El' rufai of kogi state
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by fitjenzy: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
Dangote should do more apart from just make money.

He should carry all stakeholders along and ensure all are well treated. All he seems to care for is the bottom line.

He isn't known for philanthropy, either in the south or north where he comes from. If I owned that cement plant, I'd ensure about 10% of profits or 0.5% of revenue is spent bettering the lives of the indigenes. This will go a long way.

Now, he is being rubbished by the governor, one who was still in his terrible two's when he started his started his foray into business, with his tendency for tantrums still intact in Dangote'z eyes

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Deltavariant(m): 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Some people are here celebrating out of pure bliss of ignorance, is it with this kind of childish behavior that you wish to attract foreign investors. GYBs actions will make many investors have a rethink before injecting their $$$,
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by ShaqFu: 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Choi. But I wonder how come when government own a company, the company doesn't thrive, but as soon as Dangote takes over that company, voila!.

Something is not right here.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
batsseargent:
Kogi 10
Aliko 0

Eni gbe adiye otosi, O gbe ti alaroka.

The above is Yoruba's adage. I don't know how to translate it to English. Obajana and other Yoruba speaking communities of Kogi State should know the meaning.

Literally, a poor man is ready to die over his last hope of survival.

In 1992 during the military when they proposed to establish a cement factory at Obajana, it was military era. Before then, the military governor of Ogun State also launched a cement factory along Lagos / Ibadan Expressway before Sagamu. Till date, the International Company that wanted to develop the Cement factory has not done anything for almost 3 decades. Dangote can as well ask Ogun State Governor the location of that land.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by toujurs: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
Can you imagine, dangote having a discussion with buhari and kogi state governor.

grin grin, as per presidential child abi what. ..
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Spanki(f): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
A very senior staff from Dangote Cement Company Obajana, was in my inbox.
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
The company still runs the abolished system of casual staff,
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen

You can imagine the level of lawlessness...
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Chris2863(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
Really your submission on dangote activities and issues is just a little. The management have no regards for any human rights or life especially Nigerians.
He is too much a capitalist without respect for any authority except other countries. Check his activities in Ethiopia, Tanzania or Ghana. He respect their laws and their citizens working for the company are duly compensated.
Just last month they canceled payments for overtime, any outside duty allowances and reduce drastically payments for labor. All in the name of cutting down cost.
Shaba,GYB should investigate these communities leaders. They sold out their people, the authorities should question the local chiefs around the company. They are accomplices, They employ these young men and women on behalf of dangote, get well paid but hand over peanut to this people. They receive massive business opportunities to the detriment of their people.
So much is going on in Obajana but only someone like GYB can fight it out, I will be happy if things turn around for better.
I am a kogite now and before. I feel their pains and the truth must be said. He can't set this company in south east or west Nigeria and be this unapologetic. It can't happen
back your claims up with proofs. You don’t just drop a write up and expect us to believe you. Not even a screenshot of the said message
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by doneback04: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
After several years is now they realize themselves
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Uniquekriss(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
Most parts of the state is submerged in water and you're here doing mass protest. Dangote is Government, government is dangote. Know this and know Peace, regardless of who the president is.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by uckay304: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
Bonarotti22:
One man is trying to monopolize the country with the help of the government at the expense of the masses.
Is so bad my brother. How can only one person be supplying cement to more than 200million population thereby making things hard for the common man. A salary earner cannot even afford the cement talk more of building. Is so bad

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Coldie(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kogi state people are blaming the failure of their government on dangote company, dangote has donated and is still donating to kogi state till this day.

If the process he got the limestone mine was illegal, that should be settled but that doesn’t mean he didn’t do something for them

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sponsored. angry
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Coldie(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
uckay304:

Is so bad my brother. How can only one person be supplying cement to more than 200million population thereby making things hard for the common man. A salary earner cannot even afford the cement talk more of building. Is so bad
Others have the opportunity but they were looking for a way around it.

It’s just like the case of his oil refinery, people have made billions from oil marketing for years yet none of them could build one single refinery. Now dangote is building one, when he becomes a monopoly all of u start complaining
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by achimendy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
ChangetheChange:

I think you need to read about the issue from beginning to the end.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
Oluboh:
Dangote Don milk Kogi finish

Imagine claiming to own a factory initiated by Kogi 100%

Dangote's Monopoly is matched by Bello's madness

As at 1999, Obajana was a crude village. As at 2001 when Abubakar Audu was the Governor, Obajana was still crude village without any activity until Dangote came.

Between 1999 to 2007, Kogi had 2 different governors from different political parties. Dangote investment impacted directly and indirectly thousands of people in Obajana and Kogi in general and millions of Nigerians. Dangote converted an unknown village, gradually to a known city.

The past governments took decision to develop the state. What was the IGR of the state at this period? How many industries were functioning? What was the state of Obajana Cement before takeover by Dangote? How many metric tones of cement was been produced? What was the Rate of Returns on investment made by Kogi government and benefit of the Limestone deposit to Kogi people as at the time the past government took those decisions?

Now that the factory had passed through various challenges and overcame them and has unfolded into a mega factory, Kogi now remembered the initial 10% agreement when the land was a virgin forest.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Winters23: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
ChangetheChange:

Fortunately this is the only fight worth fighting

NO ONE IS UNTOUCHABLE

NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN THE GOVERNMENT

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother
and why do they like to drag south east in their family business
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by viodemus: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Dangote signed an agreement with FG, and then one day people wake up and want to rewrite the contract. just like that.

How can somebody invest in Nigeria like that.

Why didn't govt negotiators present a fair proposal after Dangote proposal, before it was approved? Now they want to blame Dangote. This cement factory was one degree to death before Dangote came and saved it.

Am sure your sg, state reps, fake traditional rulers, fg negotiators, and others, took their own share; am also sure many of them forced dangote to hire people that they want to oppress in the guise of our community.

No one thought about the environmental impact and how to mitigate it, but now they want to move the goal post.

Am not a dangote fan or hater, but I will not blame him for other peoples moronic ways.

Dangote is the highest employer of labor in Nigeria. And he should sue the life out of kogi state. If they want to buy it back, they can buy it back at the current rate and Dangote's wishful profits.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
Naijafever1:
Read this �����

Salamu alaikum brother

You are a liar. You are a jobless youth and very incoherent.

Firstly, you are an IBO and not competent enough to say Dangote cannot site the company in South West as you said in your last paragraph. You can only speak for Southeast.

Dangote has Cement factory at Ibeshe, Ogun State.

No investment in Kogi State has impacted the State directly and Indirectly like Dangote Cement.
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Starz825(m): 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
ChangetheChange:
You don't know anything about the whole issue
You are just looking at things from the outside...

Therefore... STFU

1 Like

Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by skelewu404(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
inoki247:
lol d state Govt don go pay people to protest...

People wey no protest flood wey dey dere state na Dangote wey employ people for dere dey giv dem headache....

Make Dangote give dem derr factory bak make everybody go rest...

Govt wey no even sabi maintain anything even if dey av all the tools at dere disposal na aw to loot dey always dey dere mind...
how dose one protest against flood guy I funny
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by inoki247: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
skelewu404:
how dose one protest against flood guy I funny

So they can't protest for good relief materials for Flood victims.

They can't protest that the Govt have to take a good step the flood keep happening every year nd the Govt just sit down dere without trying one or to two things maybe it will work...
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Ronkvic(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Nah nw e clear Dem for eyes abi, make God almighty help Dem oooh
Re: Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
If you have a natural resource that is in demand in your community , I pity you, cos this is what will happen. The resource ought to be managed by the state, but they don't show leadership, rather than exploiting their natural resources they sell them to investors who will do what typical investors do exploit , plunder and abandon.

They have a battle ahead, but I doubt the sincerity of the agitators.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents In Imo Refuses The Renaming Of Road After Buhari / Victoria Obaze Becomes Mayor In UK / DSS Invites Danlami Nmodu, Newsdiary Online Publisher Over Investigative Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.