Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing (554 Views)

Position Of Hijab In Islam / Meaning Of Hijab / Position Of The Law On The Use Of Hijab/Veil In Public Institutions- O.G Chukkol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2022
I saw this somewhere and I wanted to confirm.

Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Lojical1: 6:04am On Oct 13, 2022
Definitely.

It was never written explicitly.
Women were told to have a covering ( a scarf should do) not necessarily hijab or worst burqa.

I saw a woman walking with burqa with her face completely closed . I wonder how she was even seeing and breathing, she will be walking and a bike will nearly hit her. sad

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2022
Lojical1:
Definitely.

It was never written explicitly.
Women were told to have a covering ( a scarf should do) not necessarily hijab or worst burqa.

I saw a woman walking with burqa with her face completely closed . I wonder how she was even seeing and breathing, she will be walking and a bike will nearly hit her. sad

Sorry, can you show where women were told to have a covering (like scarf as you opined) and how it was practiced during the time of the Prophet?
Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2022
There are many Verses and Narrations that point to it.

Allah Says (what means): “And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not display their adornment [Zeenah] except only that which [ordinarily] appears thereof and to draw their headcovers [Khumur] over their chests and not display their adornment [i.e., beauty] except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their female slaves, their women [i.e., their sisters in Islam], or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O Believers, in order that you might succeed." [Quran 24:31]

Imaam Al-Qurtubi reported a narration from ‘Aa’ishah that some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem came to see her wearing transparent clothing. ‘Aa’ishah said to them: "If you are believing women, these are not the clothes of believing women.” He also reported that on another occasion, a bride came to see her wearing a sheer, transparent Khimaar, whereupon ‘Aa’ishah remarked: “A woman who wears such clothing does not believe in Soorah An-Noor (i.e., the chapter in the Quran that contains the abovementioned verse regarding the Hijab)." Moreover, the following Hadeeth makes this point graphically clear. Prophet Muhammad said: "There will be among the last of my Ummah (Nation), scantily dressed women; they will wear their hair on top of their heads, like a camel’s hump. Curse them - for verily they are cursed."Prophet Muhammad said: "There will be among the last of my Ummah (Nation), scantily dressed women; they will wear their hair on top of their heads, like a camel’s hump. Curse them - for verily they are cursed."

Usaamah bin Zayd said: The Prophet once gave me a gift of thick Coptic cloth that he had received as a gift from Dahiyyah Al-Kalbee, so I gave it to my wife. Afterwards, he asked me: “Why haven't you worn the Coptic cloth? I replied: 'I gave it to my wife.' The Prophet then said: "Tell her to wear a thick gown under it (i.e., the Coptic garment) for I fear that it may describe the size of her limbs.” [Narrated by Ahmad, Al Bayhaqi and Al-Haakim]

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Lojical1: 11:08am On Oct 14, 2022
Rashduct4luv:

Sorry, can you show where women were told to have a covering (like scarf as you opined) and how it was practiced during the time of the Prophet?

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not display their adornment [Zeenah] except only that which [ordinarily] appears thereof and to draw their headcovers [Khumur] over their chests and not display their adornment [i.e., beauty] except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their female slaves, their women [i.e., their sisters in Islam], or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O Believers, in order that you might succeed." [Quran 24:31]

From the above quaranic verse, there is no mention of any hijab or burqa only head cover (covering ) was mentioned.
Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lojical1:

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not display their adornment [Zeenah] except only that which [ordinarily] appears thereof and to draw their headcovers [Khumur] over their chests and not display their adornment [i.e., beauty] except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their female slaves, their women [i.e., their sisters in Islam], or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O Believers, in order that you might succeed." [Quran 24:31]

From the above quaranic verse, there is no mention of any hijab or burqa only head cover (covering ) was mentioned.

There's no mention of it but those who heard the verse revealed did use Khimar and face veils which covers from head downwards!
Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Lojical1: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2022
Rashduct4luv:

There's no mention of it but those who heard the verse revealed did use Khimar and face veils which covers from head downwards!

Whence cometh the compulsory use of burqa etc.

It's just tradition and not from scriptures.
Re: Is It True That Wearing Of Hijab Is Not Explicitly Stated In The Writing by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:42am On Jan 20, 2023
Lojical1:

Whence cometh the compulsory use of burqa etc.

It's just tradition and not from scriptures.

How did the wives of the Prophet and the Muslim women dress after the verse of veiling was revealed?

(1) (Reply)

Good Prayers For Muslims. / Deleted , not worth it / Islam Is Against Any Violent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.