Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference (16355 Views)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Peter Obi Says 'Oga Sir' To Sowore While Greeting Him At 52nd ICAN Conference / Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Devil1Messenger: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

The thing tire me o.

He doesn't know the meaning of arms of government.

Maybe he wanted to say ministries.

The man just dey misyarn, and some Nigerians are just swallowing the nonsense up out of ignorance or from bandwagon effect.
You guys are the ones not understanding how govt is run
The only arm with autonomy is the executive.
National assembly members are probed and send to jail if found guilty. You will be asked to return The money u stole.
If 10% are sent to jail, the others go borrow sense
You people are so used to corruption that u think everything is normal
I'm not surprised at the level of ur ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided
You're such a dunce. How low can you go to discredit another man even when you know that you can match his intelligence. If you met PO one on one, you cannot even stand him. Keep typing from your Ajegunle room.

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by boxypane(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2022
Just like he audited the Anambra funds he invested in Family companies.
Who is he mumuing?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by EdwardRandy(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided
1mbecile, what is wrong with what he said? Or don’t you think the strategy will go a long way to curb the corruption that made Tinubu what he is today?

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Shemadex(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

hahahaha
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by EdwardRandy(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2022
Originalsly:
Audit all arms of government? .... assassination loading.
Mugu, na you go assassinate am?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by BigBashiru: 8:04am On Oct 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Nonsense. Is there any arm of government that is currently not being audited? The Office of the Auditor General audits and carry out periodic checks on all MDAS so this is nothing.

At the part in bold, can someone explain to me what he meant by “promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security”?
Baba just dey yarn nonsense confidently grin grin grin

I kinda agree with you.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by kollinz1234(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

so why is it paining you? Is it your fourth?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by sayso: 8:11am On Oct 13, 2022
suleimanwaziri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9VtHAtwTg

The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi says he will subject all arms of government to routine audit if he wins the 2023 presidential election next February.

“As President, one of my priorities will rule of law and due diligence, and promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security. This will also underpin public sector accountability.

“We will abide by the Fiscal responsibility laws. All arms of government will be subject to routine audit this is the only way to ascertain the veracity of procurement figures, recurrent and concurrent expenses, even constituency projects,” he said on Wednesday at the 52nd annual conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
My Man, small small,if this is your style of leadership, hope you have people all over that has such values to maintain the momentum? These is Nigeria ooohhhh. The office is bigger that you think with this your mind set.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by kingyakos: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

It surprised me how you take it as a point of duty to criticize, insult and mock at other presidential candidate who honour interviews, interact with Nigerians on a Q and A session, honour invitations by organization but your principal choose ignore invitations from media house, organization and to interact with Nigerians the citizens he's aspiring to govern.
A 1st class accountant in American University ignoring invitation as a guest speaker in ICAN conference and you see nothing wrong with it.
Since you choose to be tribal on who govern you, the north will lecture you on that in a subject called Atiku Abubakar.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by naijapips04: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, forget it, if it is accountability, he is topnotch.
It was part of what put he into trouble with virtually all organs in Anambra.
He came and wanted to introduce them to a new change and that was the beginning of his problem. No normal tip to get thing done at the House of Assembly. And he was impeached. But court brought him back, as court pronounced his impeachment as unconstitutionally.
The same reform he wanted to do in health sector, as Anambra health sector was down when he came. As the leadership then was so use to chop and make I chop. And they arrange for industrial action. Just for frivolous issue and not because all their nursing schools not registered. Not because all health facilities dilapidated and no health facilities in many communities. Not for upgrading of existing hospitals. As they were on strike, he went to register all their unregistered nursing schools, renovated them, start building new ones to meet exigencies of need. Before they came back, they were back to see new system in place.
We know to do that at the federal level will be difficult but there must be political will. Nigeria must change routine and we need man that is bold enough to do that, not one that will still swim in the bureaucracy of the system.

I asked you a simple question. How many arms of government did he audit as a governor?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Theboss100(m): 8:25am On Oct 13, 2022
post=117514027:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Yes oo. God bless Nigeria and sane Nigerians who are getting ready to kick APC and PDP out. Thunder scatter APC urchins and Tinubu zombies who are getting ready to install another calamity after Buhari.
APC and PDP, Never again in our National Lives.

God Bless Nigeria.
We Move Forward.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by sucess001(m): 8:26am On Oct 13, 2022
Alpharey:

Where are you getting your report from. Did you hear that any anti corruption agency are looking for him?

Ode. Is that what I asked.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Haywhy3579: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, forget it, if it is accountability, he is topnotch.
It was part of what put he into trouble with virtually all organs in Anambra.
He came and wanted to introduce them to a new change and that was the beginning of his problem. No normal tip to get thing done at the House of Assembly. And he was impeached. But court brought him back, as court pronounced his impeachment as unconstitutionally.
The same reform he wanted to do in health sector, as Anambra health sector was down when he came. As the leadership then was so use to chop and make I chop. And they arrange for industrial action. Just for frivolous issue and not because all their nursing schools not registered. Not because all health facilities dilapidated and no health facilities in many communities. Not for upgrading of existing hospitals. As they were on strike, he went to register all their unregistered nursing schools, renovated them, start building new ones to meet exigencies of need. Before they came back, they were back to see new system in place.
We know to do that at the federal level will be difficult but there must be political will. Nigeria must change routine and we need man that is bold enough to do that, not one that will still swim in the bureaucracy of the system.
U are not deceiving us ooo, u are only deceiving ur self and long live may u continue to deceive ur self. U just open ur mouth and create record.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Bigchristo: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2022
Grandmeister:

The navy, army and airforce are audited, infact most of the ministries, departments and agencies are audited, the thing is, they run a lot auditing racketeering so a lot of fund misappropriation is swept under the rug.
Yes I understand this very well which is why I said Obi should be reserved in all he intend to do because this will threaten some corrupt elements not to vote for him because they will fear losing their source of getting racketeering money
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 13, 2022
Liar!!
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Ridraj(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2022
[what is wrong is that the federal government does not have that power to subject other arms of government to audit.gone are the days we swallow everything hook, line and sinker without pondering over them]

What's wrong with what he said?[/quote]
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by niel63(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2022
ElSudani:
Nice initiative but can you explain the type of business you were doing with 250 million naira in cash?
I pity the folks who are hyping this guy up.
I bet Tinubu's bullion van did not contain as much money. And how many of such transactions went undetected?
Cash business is a "no trace" business if you must know.

But he's a billionaire. I mean, what's 250Million in Cash? As in... think am naa! In Naira oooo not usd.

A Nigerian Billionaire.

Will you ask obi cubana what he's doing with 250million in cash if na im hand e dey.

1 Like

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Mitsurugi(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Just like BAT stfu, abi? Continue liking your own post with your cronies. It's the worst case of personality disorder o
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by DevilSignature: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2022
AstraDroid:

You are not making sense. Read your first paragraph again.

You are speaking grammar the idiotic don't even know what's paragraph.

LeoDeKing:

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Allisgud: 8:58am On Oct 13, 2022
First class International accountant is running away to face account bodies, isn't that a shame,abeg peter obi is the solution we need
I am obidient
I am obidient
I am obidient
I am obidient
I am obidient
I am obidient
I am obidient
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Goodoldays(m): 9:00am On Oct 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I expect the Anambra treat when Obi gets to aso vila. Many would find government job less attractive cos apart from your emoluments, nothing else. That's the only way we can curb excesses...come to alausa in lagos, Emilokan had introduced systematic corruption tipę tipę. You see an ordinary clerk building houses. Wjat a reckless man he is.

We have seen what you mean by attractive with the way PDP and APC have handled this country

We have also seen where that has gotten us
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Lexxxyy: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2022
Hmmm, very easy to say
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by ade605: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2022
Good idea..I just hope he doesn't promise more than he can deliver o.Once upon a time, a certain dullard from daura promised more than these but failed woefully.May Obi not be like the dullard.Good idea..I just hope he doesn't promise more than he can deliver o.Once upon a time, a certain dullard from daura promised more than these but failed woefully.May Obi not be like the dullard....
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Curious345: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2022
ade605:
Good idea..I just hope he doesn't promise more than he can deliver o.Once upon a time, a certain dullard from daura promised more than these but failed woefully.May Obi not be like the dullard.Good idea..I just hope he doesn't promise more than he can deliver o.Once upon a time, a certain dullard from daura promised more than these but failed woefully.May Obi not be like the dullard....
lol
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Babaken(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2022
Second to the last picture Obi was asking sowere why you de fall oga tinubu hand like that.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by adedayoa2(f): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, who audit who? Most of the MDAs are audited when they discovered there is financial misappropriation. Many ministries for years now, have not been audited.

How would you know the meaning of intangible asset, when you ran away from Economics class in secondary school.
Intangible assets are assets that are very difficult to value e.g copyright, tradename, trademark, software.
I know you won't understand all these and its relation to insecurity. You need artificial intelligence knowledge to understand. Just be playing politics at the detriment of the dilapidated nation.
Learn and wise up.
oga no talk this thing again, MDA's have resident Auditors, so when you say they are being audited when there is financial misappropriation abi many of the Ministries are not audited, it means you don't know what you're saying
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by jude79(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Jealousy is not good oo!! Be positive, life is once, and even if you'll reincarnate, their is no guarantee you'll come from same tribe you wear now.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by GardenOfGod(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2022
post=117514027:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
God bless Nigeria because your preferred candidate who is allegedly said to be a first class holder in accounting, ran away from the meetings of his fellow accountants where he was invited to deliver a speech. Or God bless Nigeria because a more accessible candidate has respected his invitation and presented his speech eloquently, proffering solutions to the mirage of problems facing Nigeria?
Why allow tribalism eat deep into you people like this, why?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by ada9ja(f): 10:07am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Na Nigeria u go see fool dey advice wiseman
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by themanderon: 10:27am On Oct 13, 2022
ElSudani:
Nice initiative but can you explain the type of business you were doing with 250 million naira in cash?
I pity the folks who are hyping this guy up.
I bet Tinubu's bullion van did not contain as much money. And how many of such transactions went undetected?
Cash business is a "no trace" business if you must know.

You people just speak anyhow. Do you know Peter Obi was already a billionaire before he became governor? even the government that took over from him had no scratch on him so I wonder why you people just want to invent things in your already corrupted minds to accuse him of.
He is not like Mr emilokan that has refused to remove his septic hands from the Lagos state treasury.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by CanineOfJackal: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

My comment is for human beings whose brains are still in their heads.

Hope you know some brains are in the custody of one monkey inside the cage. grin
Seun check this moniker and bots generating Likes for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye / Birthday Mismatch, Gender Error, Unanswered Questions About Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.