Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference (16348 Views)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Peter Obi Says 'Oga Sir' To Sowore While Greeting Him At 52nd ICAN Conference / Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Randomgist(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed.
undecided
what's your point? Even Tinubu chickened out, refused to attend the event that they all were invited to. You too, his supporter, can't can't make any reasonable point except insults. Indeed you can't support APC and not look....
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by hohafrank(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If this man still wants to come 4th in the election, I think he should start learning how to always stfu at the right places instead of these nonsense he keeps spewing up and down. angry

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided
Your hate I will never prevent him from being the president of federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Patriotsleague: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2022
Obi the last time you said you won't probe corrupt past leaders, this what will be the outcome of the audit cheesy
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by bukarolz: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2022
Poverty bad oooo

ElSudani:
Nice initiative but can you explain the type of business you were doing with 250 million naira in cash?
I pity the folks who are hyping this guy up.
I bet Tinubu's bullion van did not contain as much money. And how many of such transactions went undetected?
Cash business is a "no trace" business if you must know.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Originalsly: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2022
seunmsg:

At the part in bold, can someone explain to me what he meant by “promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security”?

You need to understand that a good politician studies the people and will say things that will appeal to them ... don't have to make sense... but must appear to make a whole lot of sense. No doubt... what he said there is absolute nonsense ... but it sounds good in the ears of the majority... intangible ... vital ... holistic .... security.... these are the catch words they hear... the meanings most don't know but whatever it is... it has to be something good... something that will bring about security... and that is a very good reason to cheer whatever he is saying and turn out and vote for him. Welcome to the world of politricks politics.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Xxx123xxx(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2022
Story ,Tell that to the kids following you, like say na only you one go run the government.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by clevybrown(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2022
LeoDeKing:

The more he talks, the clearer the emptiness of that his big flat head is exposed. undecided
Pure hate... Learn to give credit to merit...
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by blackboy(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2022
Mr Obi no be how to win elections in Nigeria be this. Hmmm, fear go hit many government workers. Na the same thing wey kill Gideon Okar. Wetin he talk correct but the powers that be did not let him succeed and he was eventually executed after a near successful coup with IBB in their hands. But his speech get as it be.

Obiiiiii you are facing rugged and ruthless opposition.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Chrismania100: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2022
Which is sunday igboho monkeys who was tame on the even of escaping from the zoo Republic.
Tinubu is a criminal

LeoDeKing:

My comment is for human beings whose brains are still in their heads.

Hope you know some brains are in the custody of one monkey inside the cage. grin
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by ElSudani: 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
bukarolz:
Poverty bad oooo

Many of you are just empty upstairs. Government does not transact business the same way you do in your petty trading. Olodo.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Emola12(m): 12:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Mumu, dullard.

ICAN dey look you dey yinmu. grin

bro I'm Yoruba guy too buh surffernes no dey tire you Vote PETER OBI let's enjoy dis country again!!!!
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by asanausana91: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
If you ask him how is he going to do that, he will confused and his zombiedients will start insulting you.
Peter obi is making promises that he don't even know how to achieve them.
They asked him how is he going to fight insecurity, he said it is a secret. Hahahaàa �
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Yunus2012(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Please help us list the arms of government,omowe. If you no list am eh...
CheapHomes1:

You still haven't stated what he said that is wrong? Pls list the arms of government in Nigeria
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Yunus2012(m): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
Please list the arms of government. Lets just bury this ones and for all.
IfnobeGod20:

You see your crass emptiness. Is he talking of state government or federal government.
Young man, he is talking about auditing the constituency he is vying to become its president.
Use your head and stop changing narrative or are you comfortable with the situation Nigeria is and direction its going?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by CheapHomes1: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yunus2012:
Please help us list the arms of government,omowe. If you no list am eh...

Are you saying that you have "premium emptyness" hence you can't answer the simple questions...

You still haven't stated what he said that is wrong? Pls list the arms of government in Nigeria
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Yunus2012(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
The one with supreme emptyness accusing others of same
Here it is: Dont you ever say I didnt do anything for you in your life.
Do tell me, is it the judiciary he wants to audit or the national assembly?
Read una no go gree read but you comebonline dey cap rubbish.
CheapHomes1:

Are you saying that you have "premium emptyness" hence you can't answer the simple questions...

Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Yunus2012(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
He can not even do any such thing because there is seperation of power. All the 3 arms have there bidget seperately and are self auditing.saying you want to aidit them is looking for problem and unconstitutional.he should go and adk Falana.
asanausana91:
If you ask him how is he going to do that, he will confused and his zombiedients will start insulting you.
Peter obi is making promises that he don't even know how to achieve them.
They asked him how is he going to fight insecurity, he said it is a secret. Hahahaàa �
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Preciousgift90: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
I salute you the able president of the federal republic of Nigeria come 2023
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by Levels1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
suleimanwaziri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9VtHAtwTg

The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi says he will subject all arms of government to routine audit if he wins the 2023 presidential election next February.

“As President, one of my priorities will rule of law and due diligence, and promoting intangible assets, which are vital components of holistic security. This will also underpin public sector accountability.

“We will abide by the Fiscal responsibility laws. All arms of government will be subject to routine audit this is the only way to ascertain the veracity of procurement figures, recurrent and concurrent expenses, even constituency projects,” he said on Wednesday at the 52nd annual conference of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).

If obituary can be distance third/ 3rd in this coming election, I will support INEC to declear him winner since he's from the minority tribe.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by CheapHomes1: 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yunus2012:
The one with supreme emptyness accusing others of same
Here it is: Dont you ever say I didnt do anything for you in your life.
Do tell me, is it the judiciary he wants to audit or the national assembly?
Read una no go gree read but you comebonline dey cap rubbish.

The best way to fail an exam is not to follow simple instruction. I didn't ask you for screenshot. I said "LIST"..."Pls list the arms of government in Nigeria".

The reason I asked for the arms of govt was cos in your first post, you mentioned cross river state when the topic was talking about "arms of govt". Also, the fact that you went to bring screenshot from Google/Wikipedia, shows that you had no idea what the arms of govt were in the first place. You needed google to check. that is "premium emptyness" in high definition (HD). grin

Let's look at what obi said so we can expose more of your "premium emptyness ":

“We will abide by the Fiscal responsibility laws. All arms of government will be subject to routine audit this is the only way to ascertain the veracity of procurement figures, recurrent and concurrent expenses, even constituency projects,”

Pls how does all your ranting negate the words above?
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
seunmsg:

Stop talking rubbish my friend. I work in the office of the Auditor General for the Federation and we audit and do periodic checks of every MDA annually.

And can you explain to me how goodwill, copyright, patent, trademark etc will improve our national security?
Mr. Man, I am a public servant and I know what your ministry is doing if truly you're working there. We know how they bribe your people when they come for auditing in most of the ministries. Let us just bottle the rest.

Some of you are so lazy or can I say, you guys claim to be enlightened but in a real sense of it, you lacked basic technological drive. Just simple search engine and it would have given you all you expect me to reel out to you. Just search 'impact of intangible asset on security' and that will clear your doubt.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yunus2012:
Please list the arms of government. Lets just bury this ones and for all.
Do you think you're talking to a school boy?
What is the function of accountant general of the FEDERATION?
The office of the Accountant General of the Federation has offices in virtually all MDAs, also have in judiciary and legislative arm. Remember they are not financially dependent as you may be thinking.

One of the functions of AGF is:

"Fund Management and Security
To ensure adequate security over Government funds by establishing and monitoring adequate Internal Control Systems through the Internal Audit Units in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies"
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

You guys are the ones not understanding how govt is run
The only arm with autonomy is the executive.
National assembly members are probed and send to jail if found guilty. You will be asked to return The money u stole.
If 10% are sent to jail, the others go borrow sense
You people are so used to corruption that u think everything is normal
I'm not surprised at the level of ur ignorance

First of all, every arm of government is semi-autonomous in decision making.

That is why we have checks and balances.

Probing is a different matter.

Understand what is being discussed here.

Or better still, tell me how a president can audit the National Assembly.

I am patiently waiting.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by IfnobeGod20: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, every arm of government is semi-autonomous in decision making.

That is why we have checks and balances.

Probing is a different matter.

Understand what is being discussed here.

Or better still, tell me how a president can audit the National Assembly.

I am patiently waiting.

You must know that no arm of government is financially dependent. They are only administratively independent and suppose not be under the whims and caprises of any arm but surprisingly in Nigeria, the National Assembly is under the armpit of the Executive. Except the 8th Senate that never allow its to be pocketed.
Back to the main issue. The first thing you should know is to know the Functions of the Accountant General of the Federation. Until you know its functions you will continued be in darkness.
The Accountant General office have offices in virtually all MDAs. If the right has to be done, the office is empowered as thus:

To ensure adequate security over Government funds by establishing and monitoring adequate Internal Control Systems through the Internal Audit Units in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies".

If normal things are not being done in the past, it doesn't mean it can't be done in the future.

Asides, do you know the meaning of Executive bill. He can introduce executive bill to strengthen his government. A government that is people oriented will always have the support of the people. If they refused to seat on bill that will strengthen good governance, I am cog sure people will revolt and compel them to do the right thing.
Re: I Will Subject All Arms Of Govt To Audit - Peter Obi's Speech At ICAN Conference by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

You must know that no arm of government is financially dependent. They are only administratively independent and suppose not be under the whims and caprises of any arm but surprisingly in Nigeria, the National Assembly is under the armpit of the Executive. Except the 8th Senate that never allow its to be pocketed.
Back to the main issue. The first thing you should know is to know the Functions of the Accountant General of the Federation. Until you know its functions you will continued be in darkness.
The Accountant General office have offices in virtually all MDAs. If the right has to be done, the office is empowered as thus:

To ensure adequate security over Government funds by establishing and monitoring adequate Internal Control Systems through the Internal Audit Units in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies".

If normal things are not being done in the past, it doesn't mean it can't be done in the future.

Asides, do you know the meaning of Executive bill. He can introduce executive bill to strengthen his government. A government that is people oriented will always have the support of the people. If they refused to seat on bill that will strengthen good governance, I am cog sure people will revolt and compel them to do the right thing.

MDAs are under the executive arm of government.

We are talking about arms of government, not ministries, departments, and agencies.

A president cannot subject other arms of government to audit.

The president is not that powerful, even in our type of fake federalism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OPC Member Mistakenly Kill A 72-year-old Man During Gun Salute / FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets / Onnoghen; Lawyers Shun Courts In Akwa Ibom After NBA Directive. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.