Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home (692 Views)

A Lady Ran Away With My Pregnancy. / I Ran Away From Home With My Sister / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Lamanii22(f): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2022
My 11 year old cousin put us all in jeopardy yesterday, he didn’t come home from school, my sisters’, mom and I started looking for him everywhere, we contacted their school and they told us he left already…. We looked for him till like 8:30pm last night until we received a call from my uncle in our village that the boy is with another of my aunty(my mommy’s sister)…. Ha! How did he get there? The woman claimed she met him in her house…

Like your house? And you couldn’t call us immediately? Plus the boy lives with his family in ogun there’s no way he could recognize or know his way to your house here in Lagos….

Before that time the school called me to report this said boy that he doesN’t write notes and that his notes aren’t updated, I told them to discipline him very well but with love though…. Maybe that made him scared to come home…. So I’m guessing he probably met this my said aunt on the road, cause she passes through the same route every evening to buy pepper and stuff for cooking (she sells food) then explained his plights to her….

Although my aunt returned him back late at night yesterday and he was crying that he doesn’t want to stay with us anymore…… he even tried to run they had to quickly grab him… it’s not as if we are maltreating him or anything, we only used to correct him to do his assignments, we even have to remind him to do things like washing of his socks, arranging of his books, cleaning his shoes and the likes… it is my mom that washes his clothes, he feeds very well plus we give him extra change in case he wants to buy something…

So I really don’t even know what advice to give him cause my mom wants his dad to come and pick him and he just started a private school here which has already been paid for…..
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by OgbeniOja1: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2022
Let him go. Don't force it. Don't let him cause trouble for you guys. Sadly when he is older he will regret it. My mum's driver till she retired always told us a story of how he would have been educated and maybe had a better job. He had this uncle in Kano they sent him to live with. Now this said uncle already had 5 kids so he made it 6 kids the man was feeding. The man put him in a private school and treated him like his own kids. But Baba kasali (our driver) ran bk home because the man measures garri in cups. Garri wey dey surplus for village. Young Baba kasali started complaining that he wasn't feed very well and he wanted to go home. One day he packed his bag without telling them and went back to Ogun state. It caused a lot of commotion Then as there was no phone for communication. Police case was made, the uncle was in panic. What will he tell them when he got home. we know how he could have been accused for killing or using someone's child for ritual. Finally the got to know young Baba kasali had gone home. SoBaba kasali no go school again. Now he has retired as a govt driver and is now driving ambulance to survive in old age.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by NJV: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2022
Pls let his dad come and get him. If he runs away next time and is not lucky to be found, your family will be in big trouble and all this explanation will not suffice.

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Romanoff(f): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2022
Your people should get that child a psychologist.

There's something going on with that child that's making him act out.

Please. It's important

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by oluwaseyi0: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2022
He probably doesn't feel at home with you guys

Maybe any small thing you are shouting and reminding him he's not your child and will be deported soon

I feel this is more psychological

Let him stay with his father or mother if two of you can't establish connection with each other

I'm sure if he tell his own real side of the story we will all be shock

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Kayberg: 8:44am On Oct 13, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Let him go. Don't force it. Don't let him cause trouble for you guys. Sadly when he is older he will regret it. My mum's driver till she retired always told us a story of how he would have been educated and maybe had a better job. He had this uncle in Kano they sent him to live with. Now this said uncle already had 5 kids so he made it 6 kids the man was feeding. The man put him in a private school and treated him like his own kids. But Baba kasali (our driver) ran bk home because the man measures garri in cups. Garri wey dey surplus for village. Young Baba kasali started complaining that he wasn't feed very well and he wanted to go home. One day he packed his bag without telling them and went back to Ogun state. It caused a lot of commotion Then as there was no phone for communication. Police case was made, the uncle was in panic. What will he tell them when he got home. we know how he could have been accused for killing or using someone's child for ritual. Finally the got to know young Baba kasali had gone home. SoBaba kasali no go school again. Now he has retired as a govt driver and is now driving ambulance to survive in old age.

Sad story.
Baba Kasali's tale would make a good Nollywood movie.

Just let the kid go to his dad, or else, he might disappear again to somewhere you guy may never find him again; as, what you will be hearing from everyone is, "Why did! you people too do this, do that when this happened the last time."

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Reinamaria(f): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2022
You people should stop torturing that child!
That could be the only reason why he ran away.
He is so afraid, and doesn't feel safe with you people.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Lamanii22(f): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
okay… thank you so much hun… Thank you for sharing this story too…

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Lamanii22(f): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Maybe any small thing you are shouting and reminding him he's not your child and will be deported soon

Let him stay with his father or mother if two of you can't establish connection with each other

he is not even saying anything… we don’t shout on him without a cause… it’s always for a good cause like telling him to do his assignment, reading for tests… the reason he was brought here in the first place is that his mom is not feeling well(she has partial stroke). His dad is mostly not around as his job takes him out every now and then… his elder brother is in uni so there’s no one to watch over him….

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Lamanii22(f): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2022
Reinamaria:
You people should stop torturing that child!
That could be the only reason why he ran away.
He is so afraid, and doesn't feel safe with you people.
nah, we are not torturing him, he was probably just scared of being disciplined at home cause they reported him from school. They don’t even beat kids at the school just punishment…. The highest we could at home is just make sure he doesn’t play….
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by oluwaseyi0: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2022
Lamanii22:
he is not even saying anything… we don’t shout on him without a cause… it’s always for a good cause like telling him to do his assignment, reading for tests… the reason he was brought here in the first place is that his mom is not feeling well(she has partial stroke). His dad is mostly not around as his job takes him out every now and then… his elder brother is in uni so there’s no one to watch over him….

Oh, I understand the context a little bit more

Just try to make him comfortable, this may be easier if you there's his age mate at home too

But you still need to understand he's very scared of you guy and you need to find ways to allay the fear, you may make him speak more with his dad, mum and brother on phone regularly, speak to him that you are his family, and you love him and deeply care about him, let him feel he can be free and expressive around you just like your own kids and even if you discipline him you will have done same for your kid too

Just try to toast and win him over

I must also commend you for taking him in and caring for him, not so many family members are that good and reliable in this country again, you guys are really amazing

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Nonexisting1: 9:35am On Oct 14, 2022
You don't say nothing to him, just allow your cain to do the saying. Flog the shit out of him so that next time he plans to run away, he will remember the horror.
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Kyngfarabale1(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Just try to make him comfortable, this may be easier if you there's his age mate at home too

But you still need to understand he's very scared of you guy and you need to find ways to allay the fear, you may make him speak more with his dad, mum and brother on phone regularly, speak to him that you are his family, and you love him and deeply care about him, let him feel he can be free and expressive around you just like your own kids and even if you discipline him you will have done same for your kid too

I must also commend you for taking him in and caring for him, not so many family members are that good and reliable in this country again, you guys are really amazing
You're talking like a baby, as if u don't know how this village children behave once they're in the city, they behave as if you're suffering them even though you are not.
We had same issue with one of my niece like that, anytime she's been corrected by my parents which is her grandparents she will always feel as if we're suffering her, until she went back to her mother and the main suffer started, she was now begging to return to us and I said NO because she's a bone on our throat.
She dey suffer now and that's good for her.
My parents have trained more grandchildren and they're mostly troublesome because they feel you're not their parent and u shouldn't correct them which is no possible.
If that his cousin want to return to his family in ogun state just free am, when E reach there finish after some few months he go know wetin E dey miss....... I can never allow any family members child stays with me whenever I'm married because they all behave like witches and wizard, I'm speaking from facts.. I rest my case here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Richy4(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Thank YouOoo @ Bold...If I know how to give you 12 likes, I would have done that... smiley
If I was in that kid's shoes, I would rather stay in the village than to stay in a palace were I wasn't needed....
or a place where a teacher will call and report that I was not taking notes and my lord and master tells them to kill me without approaching me first like a kind parent should to know what I was battling with...Why I was not writing notes, or ask if there was bullying and maltreatment going on @ home in the name of discipline or if it was happening in school... cheesy
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Candidlady: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
Nonexisting1:
You don't say nothing to him, just allow your cain to do the saying. Flog the shit out of him so that next time he plans to run away, he will remember the horror.

Very unwise advice from an unwise fellow undecided
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Socratiz: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2022
Please take the boy for psychological assessment. There must be something going on with him.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by Lamanii22(f): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

he even has so many of his peers here, I have been taking care of some of these kids since when they were babies now that they are grown they still come to our house after school so my cousin gets to play with them…

His dad came for him today though… they’ve gone home… he was telling his dad that we don’t give him food and money and his dad believed him.

His elder brother lived with us since he was three, very sound and intelligent boy, bagged so many awards from secondary school and he gained admission immediately, he’s currently studying mech engineering… I really don’t understand his younger brother, maybe their parents over pampered him.
Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by sisisioge: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lamanii22:
he even has so many of his peers here, I have been taking care of some of these kids since when they were babies now that they are grown they still come to our house after school so my cousin gets to play with them…

His dad came for him today though… they’ve gone home… he was telling his dad that we don’t give him food and money and his dad believed him.

His elder brother lived with us since he was three, very sound and intelligent boy, bagged so many awards from secondary school and he gained admission immediately, he’s currently studying mech engineering… I really don’t understand his younger brother, maybe their parents over pampered him.

And you kept him still? Na by force to train someone else's child? Until the boy runs to where you and even his own folks can't find him or until he harms himself/you guys? Na wa for people wey dey keep other people kids by force o!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Say To An 11 Yr Old Boy That Ran Away From Home by anthonyuncle(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
he doesn't want to stay, let him go in peace.

thank God it didn't end in tears

(1) (Reply)

How Do/did You Cope With Your Wife Cravings While She Was Pregnant / How Lola Brought Charm From Ijebu To Her Marriage In Nnewi / Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.