Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Share Your Skincare Routine - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Skincare Routine (2423 Views)

Share Your Thought (picture). / Lockdown: What's Your Daily Routine? / Share Your First Picture of The New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Skincare Routine by missimelda01(f): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Everyone's obsessed with skincare right especially women. I don't know how this started but I'm loving it wink

Here's my routine for face

Morning

Cleansing- I cleanse my face with Simple moisturising facial wash
Serum/actives- I apply Vitamin C serum(Avila organics) or Niacinamide (Tiam vita b3 source)
Moisturize- I use Simple hydrating light moisturizer
Sunscreen- I use Nivea super water gel spf 50+++

Night

Cleanse- I use the same facial wash
Actives- Retinol (Good molecule) and on some nights I use a chemical exfoliant from Good molecule also
Moisturize- the same moisturizer but I plan on switching to Simple Age resisting night cream

By the way I just got the snail mucin by CORSX, really excited to try it out cheesy

For my body care

I use Avila black soap and papaya body butter and I exfoliate twice a week with a salt scrub (on the look out for better products)

Oya share your own, let me know the next product I'm buying grin

Pocohantas share your secret wink
PrimadonnaO hey sis

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by fyzaila: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2022
Are all this mixtures of chemicals not too much on the delicate skin if the face?

Well, to me to have a fresh and natural young looking skin:
1- Eat healthy foods in small portions.
2 - Eat fruits and vegetables very well. Infact never miss a day without eating any them.
3- Drink alot of water (Very important) leaves your skin hydrated and glowing. You see that early morning drinking of water, that is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, don't underate its importance.
4 - Exercise regularly no matter how little.
5 - Avoid too much exposure to direct sunlight especially that afternoon own. Very harsh on the skin.
6- Get enough beauty sleep. At least 6-8hrs in 24 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2022
If you have a good skin without a skincare routine, that is fine and we are happy for you. Just don’t shove it down our throats. I am tired of seeing people comment “sleep and drink water”. Some people need more than that.

Pocohantas share your secret wink

Lol @ missimelda01
I dread being asked this question because it puts me on the spot and makes me feel like I am hoarding beauty secret which is a serious offense in the queendom.

My neck down cooperates with me. I have never had to use anything special. I used to use Cerave moisturizer and vaseline oil, but currently I use vaseline even tone lotion and vaseline oil.

However, I suffer intermittent facial hyperpigmentation. It comes and goes. For that I use Neutrogena sunscreen, Neutrogena face wash, Differin dark spot serum 4% Niacinamide, then Cerave range of products (moisturizer AM and PM, eye repair cream, hydrating facial cleanser).

Cerave caters for my night time. In addition to the Differin. In the day time it is just cleansing, moisturizer and sunscreen.

My routine is very simple because I am quite forgetful and it is “just” hyperpigmentation. grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by missimelda01(f): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Kai I've suffered from hyperpigmentation since I was a teenager, my forehead used to be darker than the rest of my face. Sometimes I use konjic soap (the popular one influencers talk about), it brightened my face but drys it out embarassed

What's your review of the Vaseline even tone lotion? My sister just started using it, I tried it once but it was too light and not very moisturing.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Originalsly: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
How about this?

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
missimelda01:

Kai I've suffered from hyperpigmentation since I was a teenager, my forehead used to be darker than the rest of my face. Sometimes I use konjic soap (the popular one influencers talk about), it brightened my face but drys it out embarassed

What's your review of the Vaseline even tone lotion? My sister just started using it, I tried it once but it was too light and not very moisturing.

You are right, it is light, very light. But I rarely want much out of my body creams, I guess that is why I haven’t complained. Lol!

She say na Konjic. You for kuku say konji na. Kojic acid soap. The original has good reviews, but na fake full market sha.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

You are right, it is light, very light. But I rarely want much out of my body creams, I guess that is why I haven’t complained. Lol!

She say na Konjic. You for kuku say konji na. Kojic acid soap. The original has good reviews, but na fake full market sha.

This Vaseline even tone lotion. How do I identify the original product ?
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

This Vaseline even tone lotion. How do I identify the original product ?

I don’t know babe. I just buy from a shop I trust not to sell fake. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t know babe. I just buy from a shop I trust not to sell fake. grin

Wish you can post a picture, please
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

Wish you can post a picture, please

Of mine? I am at MTN office now. I’ll post one when I get home.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Alright.
Try add price because I tried converting the dollar price of the one below and I got confused grin

Differin dark spot serum 4% Niacinamide
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
I blog about skincare on the side and have a ton of advice grin
One of the things I'll say though, is to always drink lots of water
I make sure I drink between 1-2 Litres every day

1 Like

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
TooMuchJuice:
I blog about skincare on the side and have a ton of advice grin
One of the things I'll say though, is to always drink lots of water
I make sure I drink between 1-2 Litres every day

All these drink too much water no gel.

Honestly, there's more people do to achieve glowing skin.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Ebubu: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

you’re very stupid for posting picture of chukkie and i was about to comment that i love your hair style
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

All these drink too much water no gel.

Honestly, there's more people do to achieve glowing skin.

cheesy

You can try the Korean 10/12 step beauty routine cheesy
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
fyzaila:
Are all this mixtures of chemicals not too much on the delicate skin if the face?

Well, to me to have a fresh and natural young looking skin:
1- Eat healthy foods in small portions.
2 - Eat fruits and vegetables very well. Infact never miss a day without eating any them.
3- Drink alot of water (Very important) leaves your skin hydrated and glowing. You see that early morning drinking of water, that is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, don't underate its importance.
4 - Exercise regularly no matter how little.
5 - Avoid too much exposure to direct sunlight especially that afternoon own. Very harsh on the skin.
6- Get enough beauty sleep. At least 6-8hrs in 24 hours.

Are you male or female?
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
bukatyne:

cheesy

You can try the Korean 10/12 step beauty routine cheesy

bukatyne, you don come again grin

Tell me, I would like to try .
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

bukatyne, you don come again grin

Tell me, I would like to try .

Double cleanse
Toner
Essence
Exfoliate
Spot treatment
Sheet masks
Serum
Moisturize
Sunscreen

I am not very sure of the order especially exfoliate to serum.

I used to do about four, I want to graduate to 7:

Double cleanse (2 - in - 1)
Toner
Essence
Serum
Moisturize
Sunscreen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Right info, wrong audience

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

Alright.
Try add price because I tried converting the dollar price of the one below and I got confused grin

Differin dark spot serum 4% Niacinamide

Hahaha! How much did you see? Differin should be about $20-23. Use black market rate and add 3k ontop. grin

I don’t recommend vaseline for someone trying to repair his/her skin. It is just basic.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Hahaha! How much did you see? Differin should be about $20-23. Use black market rate and add 3k ontop. grin

I don’t recommend vaseline for someone trying to repair his/her skin. It is just basic.

I saw 82 dollars grin

My head bursted

I agree with you on the last line.

What would you recommend ?

Thanks for the pic.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
doggedfighter:

I saw 82 dollars grin

My head bursted

I agree with you on the last line.

What would you recommend ?

Thanks for the pic.

Totally clueless on such. Abi you want make I recommend Caro White for you? cheesy
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Genset: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Pls what good cream and soap can one get when on a budget? I need them to be brightening
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by doggedfighter(f): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
pocohantas:

Totally clueless on such. Abi you want make I recommend Caro White for you? cheesy

I didn't ask you for roasted bole look. grin
I don't want anymore. Let me Kumar make do with the Vaseline,abeg. Thanks grin
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by pocohantas(f): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
Genset:

Pls what good cream and soap can one get when on a budget? I need them to be brightening

I no know o. I'll suggest you contact one of those skincare vendors, not organic o. They will advise you accordingly.
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by maureensylvia(f): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
angry
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Empressgifted(f): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
Salicylic acid cleanser
Cosrx AHA/BHA Toner
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1%
Cosrx Birch sap moisturizer
Kose Suncut Sunscreen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2022
Empressgifted:
Salicylic acid cleanser
Cosrx AHA/BHA Toner
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1%
Cosrx Birch sap moisturizer
Kose Suncut Sunscreen

Well doing is your hobby smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Empressgifted(f): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
bukatyne:

Well doing is your hobby smiley

wink
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by missimelda01(f): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Leave me poco grin

I'm still looking for a lotion that'll give me even tone and moisturize my skin. These influencers should talk more on bodycare pleaseee
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by Ademat7(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nice thread
Re: Share Your Skincare Routine by descarado: 5:39am On Oct 19, 2022
Sometimes we don't need special skin care to look good.
Our greatest enemy is the sun. If you find yourself under the sun always, try and protect your face.

When you rub the so called whitening creams, they react negatively with the sun. Aging comes quick. Some part of the face looks red more than the rest. That's sun burn. It hurts especially around the eye.

I usually wear long sleeved shirts to work with pants. Love my boots and a big sunglasses. I wear boots cos i dont want any part of my feet uncovered. When occasion arises where i can put on any other shoe apart from boot, i will love my feet to evenly tone out. You dont get this by bleaching or using whitening cream. Just common sense cos our sun wil make your hands, face and legs look differently.

You see onitsha, lagos, Abuja, Enugu etc sun no be your mate. Surprising enough, if you are in a place like adamawa( it's called sunshine state for a reason), your skin colour tend to tone beautifully. The sun there don't affect the skin like what we have in lagos.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Cousin Betrayed My Trust / L Am In A State Of Dilemma. Advice Please!!! / Mmmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.