Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) (51185 Views)

Bbnaija: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses / Rico Swavey: 6 Things You May Not Know About Evicted BBNaija 2018 Housemate / BBNaija: Davido Reacts To Rico Swavey’s Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by 7arrows: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2022
nony43:
All the real doctors have left 9ja, we are left with wicks and half baked doctors. Don’t ever pray to be at the mercy of a Nigerian health care facility.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Kekenary: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2022
The headline for this news is very misleading. But Nigerians are quick to judge. Those that brought the patient had the time to video but no time to help female medics carry a patient. Now everyone wants to Crucify 'nurses' as if those in the video did not do anything.

10 Likes

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Odebayo4010(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2022
ecolime:

Really sad and painful cry

I just hope in died in christ because na the koko be that.

May God comfort his loved ones

Was it possible for celebrity to died in Christ?
You talk as if you don't know there life style
He can not died in Christ,is not possible
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by B2B23: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2022
The hospital killed him. Those staffs should be suspended and their license or whatever withdrawn.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by seanwilliam(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2022
It’s common with Nigerian nurses, trust me I’ve worked hospital before and I can attest to that .
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by FarmTech(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2022
So bad.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by emerged01(m): 11:37am On Oct 14, 2022
They are in for it,their stupidity have put them in jail.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Zane2point4(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Please, don't be insensitive... The rot in the healthcare sector is why your president and the aged one vying to replace him spend your money to get treated abroad!

Rico's chances of survival began declining from the scene of the accident. No proper first aid or paramedic on ground... Only to get to the hospital and be left untreated for so long!

Your nation's negligence to healthcare killed him, same way they killed and keep killing many others!

Exactly what I taught,right from the accident scene,no emergency response,ppl where hauling him left and right could have snuffed the live out of him blc you never knew where need to be touched or not,let him rip!
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Gofwane(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2022
This is very dishearthening.
Went to our company's hospital on Monday with a shoulder injury that I got in the line of duty and the modafvcka of a doctor just gave me a satchet of diclofenac and a balm to rub without even conducting an x-ray to know what was going on.
After 2 days of intense pain, I quickly went back and requested for a referral to an orthopedic hospital only to be diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff.
Currently on physiotheraphy and I feel much better though it's a bit expensive cos I'm paying from my pocket.
I now understand why Buhari, Tinubu and co travel abroad for medical attention.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by onilanre(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2022
Revolva:
A video has been shared showing the moment Rico Swavey was left unattended in a hospital while healthcare attendants allegedly filmed and laughed.

In the video, Rico is seen lying unattended, while surrounded by medics.

One hospital staff is heard telling her colleagues to join her in carrying him inside. However, the colleagues were in no hurry to help.

A voice is then heard warning the medics to stop making videos and attend to Rico.

Sadly, Rico, who was involved in an accident on Tuesday, October 11, died today, October 13.

Following his death, Nigerians have taken to Twitter to slam the medics for lack of professionalism.

See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-JGciEQs3E

Useless country. I didn't regret moving my family out of Nigeria since 2019

2 Likes

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Bigchristo: 11:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Revolva:
A video has been shared showing the moment Rico Swavey was left unattended in a hospital while healthcare attendants allegedly filmed and laughed.

In the video, Rico is seen lying unattended, while surrounded by medics.

One hospital staff is heard telling her colleagues to join her in carrying him inside. However, the colleagues were in no hurry to help.

A voice is then heard warning the medics to stop making videos and attend to Rico.

Sadly, Rico, who was involved in an accident on Tuesday, October 11, died today, October 13.

Following his death, Nigerians have taken to Twitter to slam the medics for lack of professionalism.

See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-JGciEQs3E

this same government should investigate all it hospitals around Nigeria both the doctors and nurses have a similar character of neglecting people they don’t know the true meaning of emergency
I have an experience in Benin UBTH hospital when I rushed a friend of mine he was shot in the leg when armed robbers invaded our flats and cart away everything instead of them to attend to the guy I was referred to go police station at 11:35 PM to get police extract reports before they can attend to my friend they left him bleeding until I came back at about 2:35 and still didn’t get the report that guy bleed till day break… I saw how Nurses and doctors receive and attend to Emergency here in Abu Dhabi I found out that our government hospitals in Nigeria are just sets of wicked people who feel too ego to carry out their duties

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by brandsoncharlie: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2022
Kizzygentle:
When a person dies, its his time.. The nurses may be reckless and careless about their duty but its his time.. Some person(s) also actually cheat death ( not the person(s) time).. Death is mysterious and it will come to all... Rip Rico.. Your death really pained me a lot.. I loved and supported you during the double wahala season because of how loving and caring u were in the house.. Never knew death would snatch you this early...
Which one is it is his time, are you God.
See the kind of I don’t care treatment they gave to him. No wonder Buhari and Tinubu are always running to abroad because of the mess they’ve created.
Careless human being.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by FuckDModz: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2022
Period007:
All I can see in this video are Nurses begging the camera men to come help carry the patient.

Nigerians always looking for who to blame

You're right
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Babyboyforeal(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2022
Nigeria happen to him
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Kizzygentle: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Which one is it is his time, are you God.
See the kind of I don’t care treatment they gave to him. No wonder Buhari and Tinubu are always running to abroad because of the mess they’ve created.
Careless human being.
I am not but death still remains a mystery to u and I and every human being... A healthy person could sleep and not wake up.. Are you also aware of that?
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Nice123(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2022
While I condenm the negligence and unprofessional attitude of the hospital staff, the nurses, I wish to also remind us about the numerous avoidable accidents in Nigeria.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by FarmTech(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2022
Kizzygentle:
When a person dies, its his time.. The nurses may be reckless and careless about their duty but its his time.. Some person(s) also actually cheat death ( not the person(s) time).. Death is mysterious and it will come to all... Rip Rico.. Your death really pained me a lot.. I loved and supported you during the double wahala season because of how loving and caring u were in the house.. Never knew death would snatch you this early...
This is not true. Before advance in medicine, death rate was high. But with more knowledge gained, it reduces. Those people that died did so because there was lack of knowledge.

In America, their was a time doctors will deliver women of babies after handling death bodies - without washing and disinfecting their hands. They believed that hand glove protects their hands from germs. Maternal death was very high then. But when they started doing the right thing, maternal death dropped drastically. Those women that died did so because of doctors' foolishness and arrogance. There was a scientist that tried to correct them but they refused. It was after some years after the scientist died that they come to realized what he has been saying.

Death can be prevented to a great extent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2022
A govt hospital no doubt, why did they take him there?
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Subsea101: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
I swear down, social media/phones will be the un-doing of many in our generation, before you say jack, phones are out and people will start recording!, just because everyone wants to turn to an emergency journalist. Even when it directly implicates them! zero sense, zero empathy, zero feeling, just stupidity.

dawnomike:
That is what socks media has turned Humans to... They want to be the first to share the news rather than be the first to help

2 Likes

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by granuloma: 11:56am On Oct 14, 2022
The emergency team played their part. This patient was rushed in and was attended to: oxygen was commenced and Intravenous fluid administered as seen in the video.
It possible that the relative were suppose to help wheel the patient to the ICU since some hospital don't have potters or health assistant ( bad Governmment) and not the work of the nurses to do and besides those nurses are female they might not be able to help.
I can bet you that those filming the video are well wishers or those that helped during the incident.
The nurses are only begging for assistance from them
Put the blame on the Government for not providing health assistant or potters and not the health care practitioners

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Zenret84: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2022
...very pathetic, it is a norm in most of our medical facilities... professionalism has long eluded the crop of graduates we now have in our workforce. The medical association should embark on a sensitization and cleansing exercise to get rid of these kind of termites.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by aidameoryou: 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Period007:
All I can see in this video are Nurses begging the camera men to come help carry the patient.

I swear that's the world we live in now.
People always looking for where to portion blame to.
Who will die will die and who will live will live

All the ones the nurses have been nursing, were you the ones doing them?
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by peacettw: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
Despicable
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Adakintroy: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
Death is that one thing that reminds that us there is nothing to us.

Its why its good to see images like this. It a great source to humility.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Ekeseges(f): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
Nigeria my country.Someone is dying and they are making video to release.Chai I weep for this country.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by diggindeep: 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
This hospital behavior is us, rather than help the need to be the first to break the news to the internet comes to mind.

If possible, this videos should be pulled down to easy the pain from his loved ones.

RIP RICO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by diggindeep: 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
This hospital behavior is us, rather than help the need to be the first to break the news to the internet comes to mind.

If possible, this video should be pulled down to easy the pain from his loved ones.

RIP RICO! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Ekeseges(f): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
So are you saying they called video man to video him abi na nurses using their phones to video him.Chai I weep
Period007:

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Ekeseges(f): 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Supported
diggindeep:

If possible, this videos should be pulled down to easy the pain from his loved ones.

RIP RICO! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dayo Amusa: "I Am Prettier Than Faithia Balogun" / Beverly Osu's Outfit To Oge Okoye's Beach Party [PICS] / Tonto Dikeh And Prince Kpokpogri Rain Insults On Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.