Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) (51183 Views)

Bbnaija: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses / Rico Swavey: 6 Things You May Not Know About Evicted BBNaija 2018 Housemate / BBNaija: Davido Reacts To Rico Swavey’s Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by arantess: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
Revolva:
A video has been shared showing the moment Rico Swavey was left unattended in a hospital while healthcare attendants allegedly filmed and laughed.

In the video, Rico is seen lying unattended, while surrounded by medics.

One hospital staff is heard telling her colleagues to join her in carrying him inside. However, the colleagues were in no hurry to help.

A voice is then heard warning the medics to stop making videos and attend to Rico.

Sadly, Rico, who was involved in an accident on Tuesday, October 11, died today, October 13.

Following his death, Nigerians have taken to Twitter to slam the medics for lack of professionalism.

See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-JGciEQs3E

Don't drink and drive

He was smelling of alcohol heavily..so sad
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by girlygirlyMain: 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
If you don't leave Nigeria because of anything, leave because of health services & security!!!

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by McEphiks(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kizzygentle:

That untimely and preventable has already been ordained from the word go. You yet to understand the spiritual doings and effects of our lives..

Religion don brainwash this one
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by meobizy(f): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
He don die, he don die. Anything after is no different from applying a band aid to a fractured arm.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Treadway: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
This headline is sooo wrong. To the mod that titled it this way, if after watching that video, this title is what you had as a conclusion, then I don't even know what to say or where to begin. This headline is soooooo wrong!

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by lagonovo: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
Carloslehder:

Like that's gonna change anything,do you know how easy it is to get fake prescription in the US and how many quacks operate in every town,you could get a kidney transplant In an RV in Texas and Alabama,the other day a nurse working in nursing homes killed and poisoned 6 people because they were too much of a bother.
We have scums everywhere in the world,so it's not a country problem.
That's not his point and that changes a whole lot of things and pushes malpractices off the mainstream to the underground sector that you are using as basis for your argument. That reduces the danger of becoming a victim of negligence and malpractices when you step inside a regular Healthcare facility like Texas Health, Methodist, Baylor etc.

If you decide to go and patronize a clinic inside a RV then that's your problem, I wonder which healthcare insurance provider would even allow that. Nursing home malpractices are there but laws and regulations are there for that purpose, they don't mean absence of crime.

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Pinkyposh(f): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Please, don't be insensitive... The rot in the healthcare sector is why your president and the aged one vying to replace him spend your money to get treated abroad!

Rico's chances of survival began declining from the scene of the accident. No proper first aid or paramedic on ground... Only to get to the hospital and be left untreated for so long!

Your nation's negligence to healthcare killed him, same way they killed and keep killing many others!

As you can see on the video, they have given first aid, by ensuring Oxygen is given, I don't know what else they must have done, I wasn't there.

That very hospital he was rushed to first does not have the necessary equipment to assess his health needs, according to the structure of the emergency room. The health care providers have done all they can do first, before he was referred to the other bigger Hospital where he is being intubated.

The main issue why he deteriorated so fast is because of lack of sophisticated medical equipments in the hospital, he was taken there because it was the closest from the accident scene
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Esywrite: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
girlygirlyMain:
If you don't leave Nigeria because of anything, leave because of health services & security!!!

It's so pathetic that human life doesn't matter here
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Laughingkk: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Olufagbo:
Lack of professionalism....
Nigerians and blame game......must you blame everybody for people's death,what happened to him?
Ronaldo lost one of his infant twins in an advanced clime,the family did not blame the hospital,but if only it was in Nigeria?
You know the story

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by naijapikin2(m): 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2022
Until serious legal action is taken against these medical personnel, this will not be the last one of such incidences.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by mankan2k7(m): 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
It was not the nurses or any medics videoing Rico. It was those who brought him to the centre. Nigerians are to quick to condemn nurses and other healthcare workers. The nurses there are women with gloves and they were hear condemning those people who ought to assist to move him to a better place. These nurses are professional.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Wwwq: 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Life
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by stasius: 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
emjayji:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
This is what a health care giver gets in a system that does not work properly. You expect a nurse in a facility to be the attendant, receptionist, pharmacist, doctor and security. You expect the nurse to lift the victim while others are there snapping and later you turn around to accuse the nurse for trying her best. If those people were not allowed into emergency unit it would have been another problem on its own, now that they were allowed they couldn't help. Las las anything wey go happen go happen ne kawai.

God bless you.
If you visit or stay around emergency rooms you will notice that this is a common occurrence. Idiots are always eager to bring out their phones and video without doing any shit.
Most times they will just surround the victims causing commotion and chaos. You will be shouting for them to give you space to work. No way. Nigerians eeeh! Tụfịakwa!!!
Useless humans always constituting nuisance in the hospital environment.
If you want them to all disappear just tell them that the victim needs blood and that they should proceed to the blood bank to donate blood. All of them will disappear!!!
If I was there I will smash that phone. Trust me!!
Now the nurse is begging you to help put the victim on the couch and u are busy with ur video.

So nurse is now hospital porter abi?

2 Likes

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by stasius: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
chukel:
The reporter is very stupid. If you watched, you will discover the female nurses were soliciting the help of probably the people that brought him to carry him. He had already received some first aid and wanted to put him on the bed. The nurses were even the ones scolding them to stop making video. Rather to help carry him.

God bless you. I hate people that bring just talk without analysing a situation.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Lukuluku69(m): 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
Carloslehder:
He was attended to ,the only thing the nurses did was Thier usual amebo and laughing,they weren't the ones recording,it was members of his team.
This unprofessional nurses are of course indifferent to sufferings and near death experience and take it very lightly because they see it Everytime

Your submission is spot on. These guys are so used to seeing stuffs like this so much that it doesn't move them one bit.

It so bad with Govt Hospitals.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
nony43:
All the real doctors have left 9ja, we are left with wacks and half baked doctors. Don’t ever pray to be at the mercy of a Nigerian health care facility.

You are not far from the truth, God help us.

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Kizzygentle: 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
McEphiks:

Religion don brainwash this one
It is what it is..
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by BafanaBafana: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
Period007:
All I can see in this video are Nurses begging the camera men to come help carry the patient.

Nigerians always looking for who to blame
She wasn't talking to the camera man, she had her team there and one of them responded in Hausa that he will put his gloves on first
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by girlygirlyMain: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
I'm telling you
Esywrite:

It's so pathetic that human life doesn't matter here
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by HardMirror(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Badguy77:
Na so them dey do. Human life does not mean a thing to those nurses especially the female nurses, very heartless
women are the most heartless creatures on earth. know this and know peace. they only care about themselves

2 Likes

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by BigBashiru: 1:22am On Oct 15, 2022
Bigchristo:
this same government should investigate all it hospitals around Nigeria both the doctors and nurses have a similar character of neglecting people they don’t know the true meaning of emergency
I have an experience in Benin UBTH hospital when I rushed a friend of mine he was shot in the leg when armed robbers invaded our flats and cart away everything instead of them to attend to the guy I was referred to go police station at 11:35 PM to get police extract reports before they can attend to my friend they left him bleeding until I came back at about 2:35 and still didn’t get the report that guy bleed till day break… I saw how Nurses and doctors receive and attend to Emergency here in Abu Dhabi I found out that our government hospitals in Nigeria are just sets of wicked people who feel too ego to carry out their duties

Not ego but lazy

1 Like

Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by WoroSeeWoro(m): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2022
so sad..
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by TriitNG: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Sirpc(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2023
Gofwane:
This is very dishearthening.
Went to our company's hospital on Monday with a shoulder injury that I got in the line of duty and the modafvcka of a doctor just gave me a satchet of diclofenac and a balm to rub without even conducting an x-ray to know what was going on.
After 2 days of intense pain, I quickly went back and requested for a referral to an orthopedic hospital only to be diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff.
Currently on physiotheraphy and I feel much better though it's a bit expensive cos I'm paying from my pocket.
I now understand why Buhari, Tinubu and co travel abroad for medical attention.

Hope u are now fully recovered from the torn rotator cuff?
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Gofwane(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2023
Sirpc:

Hope u are now fully recovered from the torn rotator cuff?
Not fully recorvered. Just managing it. Was told it would require surgery to fully correct it.
Thanks for asking.
Re: Dying Rico Swavey Left Unattended To By Nurses (video) by Sirpc(m): 9:16pm On May 20, 2023
Gofwane:
Not fully recorvered. Just managing it. Was told it would require surgery to fully correct it.
Thanks for asking.

Why not do the suggery so that it doesn't affect ur job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biodun Okeowo Opens Victoria's Beauty Palace (Photos) / Oge Okoye: Actress Looks Breathking In New Photos / Dayo Amusa: "I Am Prettier Than Faithia Balogun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.