Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) (24784 Views)

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies / Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel / Killings In Southern Kaduna: (Video Documentary By David Hundeyin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by onuman: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2022
onojaintegrity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshECMlgQr4
Awful video.
But Nigerians have made themselves look sheepishly as one man becomes a monopoly of the essential commodities in their country.
Dangote would rather spend its profit on CNN which mentions Dangote every few minutes of its broadcast

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:28am On Oct 14, 2022
That's the billionaire the Yorubas and Fulanis brag about.
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Kukukillus: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2022
Lol
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Goodoldays(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2022
Kogi Government and Dangote have failed the state.Just look at the hospital a whole government built for its community,where was Kogi govt all this while Dangote was gaining the ground in Kogi all this years?

Could it be that Dangote did not play ball well that all this dusts are being raised.Because I know the kind of wicked leaders we have in this country
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by owobokiri(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2022
As far as I'm concerned, dangote is now a big problem to Nigeria.
His insatiable thirst for endless acquisition is no more a sign of a fervent capitalist., It's now a sign of a primitive oligarch. This country has to deal with the Dangote madness before it can move forward.
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Mnewton(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2022
Hi
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2022
Munamoqel:
where is the CSR done by Kogi state govt from the 1 bn naira yearly tax paid as payee. Without Dangote group those okada rides will have zero passengers to carry and must relocate out . KOGI state govt is a faillure
you are a failure, so you support dangote exploitation in kogi, what are kogi indegene benefiting from dangote group, only teen abokis are the ones driving all his trailers, dangote should go back to his Kano desert and leave kogi resources for kogi. Thief
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by zoedew: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2022
Munamoqel:
where is the CSR done by Kogi state govt from the 1 bn naira yearly tax paid as payee. Without Dangote group those okada rides will have zero passengers to carry and must relocate out . KOGI state govt is a faillure
Exactly! The Governor is grossly lacking in performance in Office as Kogi State Governor. He has very little to show for his stay in Office. Surely, he is out for something from Dangote. He will get something but not what he bargained for. Cash Aliko will play the game with him!

3 Likes

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by zoedew: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2022
owobokiri:
As far as I'm concerned, dangote is now a big problem to Nigeria.
His insatiable thirst for endless acquisition is no more a sign of a fervent capitalist., It's now a sign of a primitive oligarch. This country has to deal with the Dangote madness before it can move forward.
What madness? Dangote strives day and night to drive investment in Nigeria and you are here posturing this way! What stops others from taking the risks Dangote takes daily. The top is for folks bold, courageous and proactive enough take productive risks. No doubt such folks will be hated. No one contends with a man who is not in contention for attention.
Skewed documentary! What development plan does the Kogi State Government have and are executing in the Obajana community? Is it not the case that the boreholes supposedly dug by the government were badly done no thanks to corruption? Where are the drains dug by the Kogi State Government? Is an investor supposed to be saddled with the duties of the Kogi State Government to its citizens who also pay taxes just as Dangote does? How much of the taxes received by the Kogi State Government from Dangote is plowed into the Obajana Community to provide the needed public infrastructure? See, I grew up in that axis of what is today known as Kogi State and I can tell firsthand that life is hard in that place as the sun shines there! Ghostly, dusty and ominously dry settlements most of the communities are! Ijumu, Bunu, Isanlu, Mopa et al. Interestingly that is the axis Dino Melaye hails from. Quite sad!
The respondents in that documentary are largely ignorant of their rights domiciled with the Kogi State Government who received taxes from Dangote and do little or nothing worthwhile with it in the Obajana community. Let the books be opened and the people will throw rotten eggs at the convoy of the State Governor!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by rhymesnoni(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2022
I stand with Gov. Yahaya Bello
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by zoedew: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2022
stano2:
Omo, if you do a documentary on Naija Delta, everybody going through this thread will weep.
They can only weep for themselves given that what they get they waste and choose to invest building a University in Benin Republic!

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by drololaaof: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2022
onojaintegrity:

Your documentary just coming out this time is suspect, why did you not post this before now .
The other day I heard some of the community people during the infamous invasion of the factory that they are not fairing bad with Dangote, but all these your testifier are there why can't they voice out before now? ?

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by sexiestharam(f): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2022
This documentary is an eye opener. Dangote, face the community. Work on their roads! Give them required infrastructure!
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by FuckDModz: 11:44am On Oct 14, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you are a failure, so you support dangote exploitation in kogi, what are kogi indegene benefiting from dangote group, only teen abokis are the ones driving all his trailers, dangote should go back to his Kano desert and leave kogi resources for kogi. Thief

But you're enjoying proceeds from Niger Delta oil.

Blame your government and leave a businessman providing jobs alone.

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by lwisee: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2022
Puremind1225:
Dangote is an exploiter and one of the major problems we have in this country

How is Dangote your problem and the governemnt is not

3 Likes

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by KogiPikin: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2022
You're doing well bro
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2022
stano2:
Omo, if you do a documentary on Naija Delta, everybody going through this thread will weep.
Abeg don't get me started! Documentary on how the insist on collecting monies and sharing instead of demanding for roads and other infrastructure built for them? Niger deltans are very very wicked to themselves. Even if I offer to build a road for them now free of charge, they will ask me to pay them before I can do it. Very strange people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by stano2(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2022
zoedew:

They can only weep for themselves given that what they get they waste and choose to invest building a University in Benin Republic!
Those ones fought for their stomach
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Dangrace01: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:
One thing I know is, Dangote did not become a billionaire by signing shoddy contracts. Dangote even if he is cutting corners, will have international lawyers who will scrutinize all the loopholes and eventualities. If Kogi state had any concrete proof that Obajana was illegally bought, they would have approached the court long before now. Yahaya Bello is just an agbero trying to get Dangote's attention for a settlement.

This is why big co-operations don't invest in Nigeria. We like electing agberos to leading us and they will just wake up one day and spoil multi-billion dollar businesses because their personal interest is not included. These companies run on loans and can not afford to be grounded for months because of one agbero's personal interest. The Agbero knows you can't go to court because it will take years to get justice and by then interest on your loans alone will kill your business.

This is the reason many companies closed down during buhari regime

Policy inconsistencies

A government can wake up and fine down levy without due process
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by mastermaestro(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2022
Suddenly Yaya Bello attains sainthood. grin No plans to evacuate or send relief materials to flood victims in his state. Dude is chilling in Abuja, while bastards are protesting on his behalf in Kogi and on social media. Suffer never tire many Nigerians. grin

Dangote factory will outlive his shenanigans. Him go sleep for efcc cell tire after him tenure. grin

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by stano2(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Abeg don't get me started! Documentary on how the insist on collecting monies and sharing instead of demanding for roads and other infrastructure built for them? Niger deltans are very very wicked to themselves. Even if I offer to build a road for them now free of charge, they will ask me to pay them before I can do it. Very strange people.
I’m from Niger Delta, their matter tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Sheuns(m): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2022
I don’t understand the video. Should Dangote be the one to fix roads and provide water for the people of Obajana, all because he has a factory in their community? What’s the function of the government they elected that collect taxes from the factory?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Originalsly: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
uniquetechng:

Nigerian companies neglect social responsibility, especially within host communities .

What is in the contract? It is for the State or whoever to enforce what is in the contract. If the company neglects so I'll responsibility... I wouldn't blame the company but the State for not enforcing what is in the contract... if there's any such responsibility in the first place. This is the reason we hear of a contract... and be beating our chests not knowing what it entails and most times resulting in sufferings for the masses.
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Sheuns(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
sexiestharam:
This documentary is an eye opener. Dangote, face the community. Work on their roads! Give them required infrastructure!

Why should Dangote do all these? Is he the government they elected?

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by owobokiri(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2022
zoedew:

What madness? Dangote strives day and night to drive investment in Nigeria and you are here posturing this way! What stops others from taking the risks Dangote takes daily. The top is for folks bold, courageous and proactive enough take productive risks. No doubt such folks will be hated. No one contends with a man who is not in contention for attention.

Dangote is a rogue!
Anyone who vigorously defends Dangote this way is either too young to know much about his history or is a desperate pro establishment personality. Nobody hates him because he's Dangote. Folks are just tired of his method! about He deliberately corners every important economic sector in the country through crude and corrupt utilization of his connections with his dubious friends in power. The wayward destruction of competitors through the same tactics is anti business. A business man that desperately tries to operate as a monopoly in a struggling economy, using the help of his friends in power to achieve such status, is too dangerous for that society. Now, explain to us why a bag of cement produced at kogi state, sells cheaper as Kano state!?

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by zoedew: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
stano2:
Those ones fought for their stomach
And the larger populace connived and condoned that! Generally speaking, South Southerners are largely extravagant and wasteful in their lifestyle and not as hardworking and industrious as required of a forward looking society. The other day EFCC went for Ibori so he can answer the allegations of corruption he is saddled with but the entirety of Oghara where he hails from would have none of that and the agents of State beat a wise retreat. Go take a look at the supposed Oghara Stadium, Asaba Airport, Niger Delta University e.t.c. built by the Delta State Government and you will see how bleak the future is for South Southerners. Corruption is the name of the game!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by nesphil(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
Niger-Deltans have gone through things worst than these from the Oil Multinationals operating in the region for decades now...
And when they complain some of you guys will come here and start spewing trash.

It's good that this documentary was done to show the havoc that some of these firms are wrecking in our communities, from environmental pollution to what have you.

But on the other hand, Citizens should do away with this mindset of trying to put the blame of a failed government on private firms or multinationals.

There's a limit to what these firms can do in terms of CRS, it's the government that should use the taxes that they are collecting from these firms and fix these infrastructures.

onojaintegrity:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by zoedew: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
owobokiri:

Dangote is a rogue!
Anyone who vigorously defends Dangote this way is either too young to know much about his history or is a desperate pro establishment personality. Nobody hates him because he's Dangote. Folks are just tired of his method! about He deliberately corners every important economic sector in the country through crude and corrupt utilization of his connections with his dubious friends in power. The wayward destruction of competitors through the same tactics is anti business. A business man that desperately tries to operate as a monopoly in a struggling economy, using the help of his friends in power to achieve such status, is too dangerous for that society. Now, explain to us why a bag of cement produced at kogi state, sells cheaper as Kano state!?
Listen, it is the collective duty of the Federal Government and the NASS as well as the private sector such as M.A.N. including but not limited to Dangote’s competitors in all the spheres he invests in to push for and see executed antitrust laws to free the investment space for others to thrive. Dangote cannot be blamed for pushing his business interests within the legal playing field.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Elidrisy20: 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
Standoff
Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by uniquetechng: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Originalsly:

What is in the contract? It is for the State or whoever to enforce what is in the contract. If the company neglects so I'll responsibility... I wouldn't blame the company but the State for not enforcing what is in the contract... if there's any such responsibility in the first place. This is the reason we hear of a contract... and be beating our chests not knowing what it entails and most times resulting in sufferings for the masses.
First you need to understand what social responsibility is all about, it has nothing to do with contract of any kind. Organisation like companies are supposed to invest in their host communities by building basic amenities and infrastructures because that's where they make billions from annually, thats how its done everywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) by Valuepaints20(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
It's sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly, NNPC Headquarters Shut Down Over Labour Strike / Fayose: “I Won’t Dignify An Assembly Of Clowns With My Presence” / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.