Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike (24298 Views)

ASUU Suspends Nine-Month-Old Strike / LAUTECH Expels Adeoti, Ex-Osun SSG’s Son, 3 Others, Suspends 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Boyooosa(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2022
Problem no dey finish?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by wpadmin: 11:40am On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
10 months strike two years ago

8 months strike this year

That's almost two years gone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Lanretoye(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2022
Strike na government inheritance, tinubu go inherit am.

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by macho44(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see another strike in the coming months, the strike would be the longest in the history of ASUU, I see universities being turned into farms and poultries, I see students forgetting their department, level and the course they're studying.

I turn to the East for answers and I see hope, I see Peter Obi winning next year's election, I see Nigeria becoming better than USA UK and Canada combined, I see whites struggling to come to Nigeria, I see our Visa becoming the most sort after in the world.

This I have seen.
Stop Drinking GARRI without Sugar, u no wan hear. Everytime "This I Have Seen" grin

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
meaning nothing was achieved rather time was wasted

an ovation last known when Abacha died will re-occur the day ASUU will be proscribed.

Will proscribing a labor union end the consistent and glaring rot in the education and healthcare sectors?!!

Sometimes, I think some of you are either clueless about leadership or just too selfish to face facts!

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by themanderon: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU should look for other means to drag FG example court cases, instead of industrial strike.

The only language the Nigerian government understands is force. Without it, you can't get anything. Ask Tompolo. The only people powerful enough to stop and cripple the government while demanding a better country for all is the NLC but the leadership of that body is always in cohoots with the criminals that are running the show in this country. They don't have money to pay ASUU but they have money to pay those fat turds sitting at the national assembly billions for doing next to nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by BABANGBALI: 11:46am On Oct 14, 2022
Why are they calling off the strike now, why not wait till after the elections, who tolded them that we are ready to go back for lectures? Me I'm not ready o, education na scam self

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Kizzygentle: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see another strike in the coming months, the strike would be the longest in the history of ASUU, I see universities being turned into farms and poultries, I see students forgetting their department, level and the course they're studying.

I turn to the East for answers and I see hope, I see Peter Obi winning next year's election, I see Nigeria becoming better than USA UK and Canada combined, I see whites struggling to come to Nigeria, I see our Visa becoming the most sort after in the world.

This I have seen.
Wake up..

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2022
this won't be the last...in a 7 months to a year time from now, ASUU would go on strike.

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Judolisco(m): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU should look for other means to drag FG example court cases, instead of industrial strike.
federal government cannot give what it doesn't have.... The problem I have is making empty promises... Now they've promised ASUU again... If they can't pay again... ASUU go enter another phase of negotiations and possibly another strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by johnfem321: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2022
Thank God for some bitter truth Tayo Bello said some few weeks Ago
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Currentlifes: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2022
Nigerians self no wise

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Ebubu: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Will proscribing a labor union end the consistent and glaring rot in the education and healthcare sectors?!!

Sometimes, I think some of you are either clueless about leadership or just too selfish to face facts!

will you sacrifice two years of your education if ASUU wants to use it to press home their demand by industrial strike ?

If FG refuses to bulge, will you sacrifice it and not call on ASUU to call it off ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by TGreatGatsby: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2022
Until accountability is paramount in all levels, from leadership to followership we are still dreaming of a better society.

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by loko50(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
GavelSlam:
ASUU has lost any once of sympathy or credibility.

What has your sympathy done to the development of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Nktessy(f): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2022
Na WA ooo
Ok ooo ASUU una don try
It means that no condition is permanent
This children go still go back to school
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by GavelSlam: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2022
loko50:

What has your sympathy done to the development of the country?

The question should be what has been the benefit of the incessant and protracted strike action by ASUU to the Nigerian student?

Have the students become better equipped as a result?

Do they graduate with better ideas and philosophies?

Or is it not just a tacking of 2 years to what was advertised on the prospectus?

Be real.

ASUU is only interested in its members and believe the students are of no consequence to them.

2 Likes

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Valuepaints20(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:

will you sacrifice two years of your education if ASUU wants to use it to press home their demand by industrial strike ?

If FG refuses to bulge, will you sacrifice it and not call on ASUU to call it off ?

So, everyone including ASUU should sit docile and allow the rot continue unchecked?!!

The nation continue its descent into the cesspit just because of our individual ambitions?!!

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by OmoOshodi(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
ASUU expecting a government that have zero regards for rule of law and well being of their citizens to listen to them

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Stargurl20(f): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
General overseer. Just tell us u wan campaign. Mitchewww
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by backnbeta(f): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
NWANICHODE:
So what do we do now?
Work begins in earnest on the one hand; negotiation continues on the other...not yet uhuru undecided
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Graceunlimitedd(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:
The strike has not been called off Op.

They merely suspended it to allow for the agreements signed to be carried out as directed by the courts.

If your useless and 'uneducated' leaders fail to honor the agreement within the stipulated time, the strike resumes immediately!
Will classes and other academic activities resume during this period of strike suspension?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
Will classes and other academic activities resume during this period of strike suspension?

Yes, resumption begins from Monday.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Elidrisy20: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Which issue again

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Ebubu: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

So, everyone including ASUU should sit docile and allow the rot continue unchecked?!!

The nation continue its descent into the cesspit just because of our individual ambitions?!!
you nor answer my question
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:

you nor answer my question

My answer is YES!
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Debangis20(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Afamed:

But ASUU just came out from court case with FG just a week ago now. Abi you no follow the news?
Yes but the sui is from the FG site
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Adewale1603(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
fake prophet and prophecy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yosi Yusuf: Gombe State College Of Education Student Murdered / UNIBEN Sets Up Panel To Probe 'Aggressive Malpractice' Video Graduate / Who Is An Educated Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.