Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike (24299 Views)

ASUU Suspends 8-Month-Old Strike Conditionally - ChannelsTV / ASUU Suspends Nine-Month-Old Strike / LAUTECH Expels Adeoti, Ex-Osun SSG’s Son, 3 Others, Suspends 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by loko50(m): 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
GavelSlam:

The question should be what has been the benefit of the incessant and protracted strike action by ASUU to the Nigerian student?

Have the students become better equipped as a result?

Do they graduate with better ideas and philosophies?

Or is it not just a tacking of 2 years to what was advertised on the prospectus?

Be real.

ASUU is only interested in its members and believe the students are of no consequence to them.

The question remains the same. Your sympathy is good for nothing
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Image123(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
What were the issues resolved, for avoidance of doubt?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by zikter(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU should look for other means to drag FG example court cases, instead of industrial strike.
Strike is the only way they will keep dragging. Federal government d obey court?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by zoedew: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Work done zero except for the hope that someday the National Industrial Court will order the FG to carry out the valid demands of ASUU (when it will be the turn of the FG to obey the court which they rarely do).
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Rach310(f): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:
The strike has not been called off Op.

They merely suspended it to allow for the agreements signed to be carried out as directed by the courts.

If your useless and 'uneducated' leaders fail to honor the agreement within the stipulated time, the strike resumes immediately!
Really!can't you guys see that the strike is not working
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by zikter(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Will proscribing a labor union end the consistent and glaring rot in the education and healthcare sectors?!!

Sometimes, I think some of you are either clueless about leadership or just too selfish to face facts!
The tire me. Many of them are very clueless. Just resume resume. To do what exactly? This nation deserves more than pity. Many of the so called youths are as lazy mentally as Buhari insinuated. Very unfortunate
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Spindletop: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see another strike in the coming months, the strike would be the longest in the history of ASUU, I see universities being turned into farms and poultries, I see students forgetting their department, level and the course they're studying.

I turn to the East for answers and I see hope, I see Peter Obi winning next year's election, I see Nigeria becoming better than USA UK and Canada combined, I see whites struggling to come to Nigeria, I see our Visa becoming the most sort after in the world.

This I have seen.
Prophet of Doom
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Throwback:
It has suu ASUU.

Dem sef don tire from being idle and hungry.

Who go satisfy ASUU? Dem never born the person.

Rather, "It has SUUed" ASUU.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by hero2000: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
meaning nothing was achieved rather time was wasted

an ovation last known when Abacha died will re-occur the day ASUU will be proscribed.

What you don't know, ask for understanding.

Very soon you will support proscription of political parties.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
Rach310:
Really!can't you guys see that the strike is not working

In the absence of a full blown national revolution (bigger than EndSars), strikes will have to do!

If you have something better, let's have it! Thanks.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Silentgroper(m): 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yes, resumption begins from Monday.
Has the affected schools released memos on that?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by TenQ: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
ASUU should look for other means to drag FG example court cases, instead of industrial strike.
Who pays the judges!?
ASUU or the FG?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by dfrost: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

In the absence of a full blown national revolution (bigger than EndSars), strikes will have to do!

If you have something better, let's have it! Thanks.

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

ASUU is the only pressure group we have in Nigeria. Others have been compromised.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by yemex04(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
But ASUU president never mentioned that its membership got paid for work not done for 8 months
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see another strike in the coming months, the strike would be the longest in the history of ASUU, I see universities being turned into farms and poultries, I see students forgetting their department, level and the course they're studying.

I turn to the East for answers and I see hope, I see Peter Obi winning next year's election, I see Nigeria becoming better than USA UK and Canada combined, I see whites struggling to come to Nigeria, I see our Visa becoming the most sort after in the world.

This I have seen.
all your prophesies are fake
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Zane2point4(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Hahahahhahahahaha
This guy sef

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Dpundict: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Immediately after they have been used for election in 2023 they will go back to strike. This I have seen.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by 35824L: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
It is like hunger beat them back to work.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by chairmanawe(m): 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Wake up from your sleep
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Selfmotivated: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
politicoNG:

https://punchng.com/breaking-our-issues-not-fully-addressed-says-ASUU/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1665739566
FG is useless since 2009 till date why can't they find a lasting solution to this quagmire.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Brunicekid(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ebubu:
That's not right... A government civil servant dragging the government to court?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
ASUU is very useless. If they knew they would resume with the issues unsolved, they should have continued with their negotiations while working. They've been doing this for decades.

My advice to the government is that the body should be grounded should they embark on another strike action ever.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by CheapHomes1: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
Curious345:
No..

Could be a scam afterall..
JUST COLLECT THE 8MONTHS SALARY ARREARS, and restart the strike again ..

Which work did they do? Who will pay them the 8 months arears?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by CheapHomes1: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
Selfmotivated:

FG is useless since 2009 till date why can't they find a lasting solution to this quagmire.

ASUU is insatiable

1 Like

Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by ikorodureporta: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
What is NANS saying about this strike?
If they shl settle this without resolving the issue of graduates not fitting into the industry with enough technical skills from uni, then na real waste for students
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by CheapHomes1: 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
dfrost:

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

ASUU is the only pressure group we have in Nigeria. Others have been compromised.

Who is benefitting from ASUU and it's industrial actions?
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Dchampion65: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
salbis:
This ASUU and FG matter don tire people.

You can say that again
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Dchampion65: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
Curious345:
No..

Could be a scam afterall..
JUST COLLECT THE 8MONTHS SALARY ARREARS, and restart the strike again ..

They will face the masses and not the government again.
What do they achieved with the compulsory unnecessary 8 months.
This buhari is not ready to give a dine for the wasted period.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by Angelfrost(m): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
Silentgroper:
Has the affected schools released memos on that?

They will... The information will cascade down from today.
Re: Our Issues Not Fully Addressed: ASUU Suspends 8-month Old Strike by nurudeen181(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
If Fg pay that money... they wasted peoples time for no reason... it's so bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yosi Yusuf: Gombe State College Of Education Student Murdered / Who Is An Educated Man? / UNIBEN Sets Up Panel To Probe 'Aggressive Malpractice' Video Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.