Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

SCHISTOSOMIASIS: Cure Of Schistosomiasis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SCHISTOSOMIASIS: Cure Of Schistosomiasis (291 Views)

Best Treatment For The Cure Of H.pylori / Help Me With Cure Of High Blood Presure / What Is The Cure Of Mumps(segede In Yoruba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SCHISTOSOMIASIS: Cure Of Schistosomiasis by Abboy1806: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Schistosomiasis is an acute and chronic parasitic disease caused by blood flukes (trematode worms) of the genus Schistosoma. Estimates show that at least 236.6 million people required preventive treatment in 2019. Preventive treatment, which should be repeated over a number of years, will reduce and prevent morbidity. Schistosomiasis transmission has been reported from 78 countries. However, preventive chemotherapy for schistosomiasis, where people and communities are targeted for large-scale treatment, is only required in 51 endemic countries with moderate-to-high transmission............ read more
Re: SCHISTOSOMIASIS: Cure Of Schistosomiasis by budaatum: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
I find it very annoying that you'd post this with a link to rubbish considering the number of people schistosomiasis affects and the damage it can do.

Praziquantel is the recommended treatment against all forms of schistosomiasis. It is effective, safe, and low-cost. Even though re-infection may occur after treatment, the risk of developing severe disease is diminished and even reversed when treatment is initiated and repeated in childhood.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/schistosomiasis

Read this and you might understand how very annoyed I am!
Re: SCHISTOSOMIASIS: Cure Of Schistosomiasis by Originalsly: 3:39am On Oct 15, 2022
budaatum:

I find it very annoying that you'd post this with a link to rubbish considering the number of people schistosomiasis affects and the damage it can do.

Read this and you might understand how very annoyed I am!

Him telling himself he's sooooo smart..... a national epidemic.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Black Seed, More Discovery On Its Benefits / 8 Important Things Women Forget To Do After Having A Baby / 6 Fruits That Boost Libido In Men To Last Long In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.