Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche (1889 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: DJ Switch Lied About The "Lekki EndSARS Massacre" / EndSARS Massacre Is False - Lai Mohammed Replies CNN / The Moment Governor El-Rufai Stormed Kajuru With Security After Massacre (video) (2) (3) (4)

Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by sharpden: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
Former military spokesman, Major General John Enenche, has explained why he described the Lekki tollgate massacre event in Lagos as photoshopped.

In 2020, TODAY POLITICS, recalls that youths in the country began protesting, demanding the scrapping of then police brutal unit codenamed Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS). They hinged their decision on the incessant harassment, torture and killing of young Nigerians who appear wealthy physically.

The protests across several states went on for weeks until military personnel swooped on demonstrators at the Lekki tollgate in Lagos, opening live rounds on the protesters on October 20.

Authorities, including the Lagos State government, began denying dispatching troops to the scene of the massacre the federal government later described as “massacre without bodies.”

Mr Eneche, on his part as a military spokesman, described multimedia reports of the development as photoshopped with no truth therein.

Recently, he was appointed a member of the Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) of the Labour Party LP). His appointment met strife criticism when OBIdients – A youth driven movement supporting the Anambra former governor – called for his exclusion from the 1,234-member list of the PCC.

Explaining his reason for the description, the Major General in a statement on Friday said he worked based on his oath of allegiance.

“Dear countrymen and women, following my appointment on the campaign council of Labour Party, there were reactions on the social media about my pronouncement concerning a video shot at the scene of the ENDARS incident at Lekki toll gate on 20 October 2020,” the statement partly reads.

“Every one that commented in any way was right based on the information at their disposal and individual analysis. Personally, and professionally, I worked with the overriding interest of Nigerians at heart based on the oath of allegiance I swore on commission into military service which is sacrosanct.

“I sincerely shared in the pains of that breaking news through the social media as it were. On this note, I want to assure all that more effort will be put in, so that all assertions can be cleared convincingly from appropriate sources,” he pledged.

Meanwhile, following the outcry that greeted his inclusion, Mr Obi has indicated that the ex-military spokesman, might not make the list where he said errors were made.

“I’ve received several calls of concern following the release of the Labour Party’s Presidential Campaign Council list,” the LP candidate tweeted on Friday. “Admittedly, there were some omissions and erroneous entries in the list, hence the concerns expressed. In response, the Labour Party Chairman in the presence of members of the NWC addressed the issues during a press conference. In keeping with our commitment to accountability, responsiveness and transparency, an updated list will be issued in due course. I plead for patience.”

https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-i-said-lekki-tollgate-endsars-massacre-was-photoshopped-eneche-explains/

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by lhordspy: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Stop beating around the bush sir, saying plenty nothing.

Was it photoshopped or not undecided

22 Likes

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
Alright
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by stephenonyx(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
A president that listens

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by VTJN(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
If i was told Tinubu will succeed Buhari by this time last year I'd definitely take that with a pinch of salt

This life eh

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Penguin2: 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
As much as I support his exclusion from the Labour Party PCC list due to the sensitivity of the EndSARS issue, we also need to understand that Gen. Enenche was merely doing his job.

Like he said, he swore allegiance to the army and Nigeria; and as much as he was the Army’s Spokesperson, he had people he was receiving orders from.

He couldn’t have disobeyed the order given to him to say “there was no massacre” just because he wants to stand with the people. If he did, he would have been court martialed.

Sometimes we need to remove emotions and look at things critically.

17 Likes

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by michlins(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
If you're an active service personnel,be sure you don't taint your integrity.

I have seen incidents where people resign if the order goes against their personal beliefs and conviction.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Oziens: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Responsiveness is One of The Attribute Quality Of Good Leader.
#PeterObi4President

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by socialmediaman: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Peter Obi responded to the criticisms swiftly, that's the kind of president you will get when you elect him

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by tommy589(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
I wonder what this Retired Generals still want in public positions again. These people have been enjoying public funds before the age of 20 and well loaded. Instead to let another person enjoy small,he still want Nigeria to continue picking his bills when LP wins

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Racoon(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Scarp it Major-General Eneche(rtd). Then it simply means you gat no conscience of your own. You swore allegiance to fatherland. Yes! But with solemn obligation to do what is fair, right and just before God & man.

So why didn't resign your commission if telling the truth is an anathema? "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of convenience and comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."( Martin Luther King Jr.)

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Wisetrue99: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
Next time, you will think before talking

No room for rubbish anymore!
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Pakute: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Loser party.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Kdon2: 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:

The idiot is using English to confuse himself and his generation. Awon oloriburuku angry

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by LegendHero(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
There are several hundred of photoshopped and fake images people used in justifying Lekki shooting.

Anyone that thinks there are no photoshopped images of those incident circulating around social media is a dunce.

Even the blood stained flag most people use on their profile back then was from a drama event.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by hegelian: 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
Penguin2:
As much as I support his exclusion from the Labour Party PCC list due to the sensitivity of the EndSARS issue, we also need to understand that Gen. Enenche was merely doing his job.

Like he said, he swore allegiance to the army and Nigeria; and as much as he was the Army’s Spokesperson, he had people he was receiving orders from.

He couldn’t have disobeyed the order given to him to say “there was no massacre” just because he wants to stand with the people. If he did, he would have been court martialed.

Sometimes we need to remove emotions and look at things critically.

He could have resigned and stand by the people.. Being in position of authority means to be with the country.. There is a difference between standing with the country and standing the president, the moment there is a divergence of interest, the interest of the country should supercede all else, therefore he failed.. Our leaders need to start knowing that they are to be for the nation not for the president as hard as it might be

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Kdon2: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
socialmediaman:
Peter Obi responded to the criticisms swiftly, that's the kind of president you will get when you elect him

Peter that has no legacy to show s achievements, no human capital development to his name till date except that he doesn't waste money. Na that one be achievement? Let him show us his investment in people and his achievement in eight years of ruling Anambra.
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Pakute: 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
tommy589:
I wonder what this Retired Generals still want in public positions again. These people have been enjoying public funds before the age of 20 and well loaded. Instead to let another person enjoy small,he still want Nigeria to continue picking his bills when LP wins
Eneche's family want to ride at the back of Peter Obi to eat out of the national cake. There's also Pastor Eneche who is trying hard to extend his business to Aso rock.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by ViceGovernor: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
lhordspy:

You will be very difficult to deceive
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by festacman(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Some persons may have needlessly and sadly lost their precious lives as a result of Lekki incident on that fateful night but NO MASSACRE took place. If it happened, the world would have come after Pres. Buhari.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by socialmediaman: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kdon2:

Peter that has no legacy to show s achievements, no human capital development to his name till date except that he doesn't waste money. Na that one be achievement? Let him show us his investment in people and his achievement in eight years of ruling Anambra.

Human capital development means investing on the people that elected him, not his loyalists and greedy politicians. Peter Obi's achievements as governor are everywhere on the internet. This video YouTube below is a summary of his legacies and the human capital development achievements on the people of Anambra state. He focused on infrastructure, healthcare, education, streamlined policy and budget management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IORGNu23xTI

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
sharpden:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-i-said-lekki-tollgate-endsars-massacre-was-photoshopped-eneche-explains/

How in the blazing hell is killing unarmed Nigerians and denying it "working in the interest of Nigerians". Do these people think all Nigerians are dense or something?!

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Flora2Sweet: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Something that happened right before my Eyes..

Lekki that was always fun to be at, after work... especially the free food and drinks being sheared...

God punish Una....
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Penguin2:

Super story! His allegiance is to the constitution not to some fvcking military organization or high profile politicians.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
Very good. Next time he will think very well before issuing a statement defending government/army.
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
The man is trying to play to the gallery. There was no massacre or stampede in Lekki protest. Most of the images were photoshoped
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by dollytino4real(f): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ok, we don hear maybe 2moro Nigeria will be Photoshop too
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Nwaelohim: 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
hegelian:

He could have resigned and stand by the people.. Being in position of authority means to be with the country.. There is a difference between standing with the country and standing the president, the moment there is a divergence of interest, the interest of the country should supercede all else, therefore he failed.. Our leaders need to start knowing that they are to be for the nation not for the president as hard as it might be

Do you know the name of anyone killed in Likki tollgate during endsars? I want to send the family 1m please send me the name let me go and VERIFY.
Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Ddokie: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Racoon:
Scarp it Major-General Eneche(rtd). Then it simply means you gat no conscience of your own. You swore allegiance to fatherland. Yes! But with solemn obligation to do what is fair, right and just before God & man.

So why didn't resign your commission if telling the truth is an anathema? "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of convenience and comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."( Martin Luther King Jr.)

You leap before you jump. How many Nigerians have ever resigned their positions?

Let's allow this man be. He has done well by making a statement on the issue, saying he was simply following orders as a commissioned military officer, but feels the pains of all those affected by the incident that night.

We can not move from a country as bad as Nigeria to an America overnight. It takes time. His statement for me is progress. I have never seen a military office come to public to make an apology, because sincerely speaking, this is more or less an apology and a fresh commitment to service of the people.

Lets not put undue pressure on PO as a result of this matter. If at the end of the day, he decides to remove him from the list, fine. But if he thinks it is in the best interest of the campaign keep him, then let him remain.

The journey to Aso Rock is not a simply one, and anyone who is willing to help us get there should be allowed to join. When we get there, we can start holding PO accountable on every promise he has made. Until then, lets just get everyone involved.

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by Tochj(m): 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Pakute:
Loser party.
Obi involvement in the massacre carried out by James Nwafo remains an allegation.
Obi is not a police commissioner
Now when we revealed the Atrocities Nwafo commited, what stopped the present government from picking him up?
Or are you waiting for Obi?

Re: Why I Described Lekki Tollgate #endsars Massacre Video As Photoshopped – Eneche by techWriter3: 4:19am On Oct 15, 2022
prevent battering around the bush sir, saying plenty nothing

From $3 Billion Monthly Under Jonathan, NNPC Now Remits $0 To CBN - Emefiele / On A Scale Of 1-10, What Will You Rate President Tinubu First Week In Office / How Long Would It Take Your Country To Fix It(photo)