Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? (346 Views)

Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React / Mention The Good News That Made You Lose Your Appetite / 12 Ways Will People React When They Hear You Have Hammered - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by eaddyboy: 6:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
All of us have different ways of adjusting to situations and scenerios including when you realise you lost an heated verbal argument you thought you'd win or even when the jokes is on you, or rather on cruise in a group and the tables turns against you instantly and you're lost for words to defend yourself.

I do have a friend that whenever he lose an argument mostly football or other trivial matters, he will then turn personal with sayings like "na why u dey pour me spit all this time abi", "please keep your distance oga", "better channel this energy to improve your life" grin etc. Most times we'll laugh it off when he's gone knowing how that feeling of loosing an intellectual argument feels like at that point in time.

As for me, whenever I'm at the receiving end of a joke, lost an argument or group cruise on me; most of the time I just laugh it off, even though it may hurt my ego at that moment and then move on, because to be honest one can't win all the time.

Have you been a such a situation, how frequent is it for you and what has always been your reaction to get back at your jokers or to salvage your lost in an argument because it definitely has to come one way or the other as human beings.
Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by Wawelexy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Me I go first dey look like mumu, I will then trivialise it and say we learn everyday cos no one is an island of knowledge....

1 Like

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by eaddyboy: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Wawelexy:
Me I go first dey look like mumu, I will then trivialise it and say we learn everyday cos no one is an island of knowledge....
Nice
btw I see what you did there at the bolded grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by Zonefree(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
Who get time and energy to dey argue now undecided

If you say 1+1 is 4, so be it.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by dollytino4real(f): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
Na who get strength to waste d small food wen him eat for argument these days??

1 Like

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by eaddyboy: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Zonefree:

Lol... No time to check time ni grin
Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by eaddyboy: 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
dollytino4real:
Na who get strength to waste d small food wen him eat for argument these days??
You know sometimes it naturally comes up in our daily conversations, do you deliberately avoid them and change topic if you can, or just walk away ?
Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by dollytino4real(f): 4:29am On Oct 15, 2022
eaddyboy:
You know sometimes it naturally comes up in our daily conversations, do you deliberately avoid them and change topic if you can, or just walk away ?
i deliberately drop topic quick quick

1 Like

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by Upxia: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2022
In this period leading to elections, every corner you go, na politics talks especially and each of us trying to protect our candidates and interest, so there's bound to be argument, in all we should apply wisdom and leave the environment if it gets heated up. Infact avoid argument at all cost... just pitch your candidate of interest and move on no need to drag with others biko.

1 Like

Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by eaddyboy: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Upxia:
In this period leading to elections, every corner you go, na politics talks especially and each of us trying to protect our candidates and interest, so there's bound to be argument, in all we should apply wisdom and leave the environment if it gets heated up. Infact avoid argument at all cost... just pitch your candidate of interest and move on no need to drag with others biko.
Good points smiley
Re: How Do You React When You Lose An Argument ? by nurudeen181(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
Zonefree:

omo, this gave me the biggest smile of my day

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Decaying Naira Notes / Live Stream NCAA College Football 2022 : How To Watch FREE In HD / What Do You Understand From This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.