Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' (35500 Views)

Zenith Bank Dragged To CBN Over Alleged Disappearance Of $64.1million / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by jumper524(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
Karnice600:

There are shifts or flexible options for working on Sundays. Some companies give it names like overtime, bonus piece, extra pie, etc. Most times it’s voluntary, sometimes scheduled in turns, ahead of time with prior notifications…
But if the terms and conditions you agreed to at the recruiting desk, states “full time” on Fridays or Sundays as compulsory and you go ahead without negotiations right there, and later scream out about being religiously oppressed, then you’re are worse than an omen to any successful business/ company you’re part of.
If you think it’s easy start a business and run it successfully to employ four more hands at least.
I agree with this. No arguments here, I totally agree.
But I'll love to suggest it should be an open law in global firms across the country that Muslims should be excused 1hour on Fridays.
Banking firms is a big firm.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by A001: 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
kingxsamz:
Bunch of low key terrorists. These extremists are a curse to this country. If Polatis bank had not addressed the issue, they probably would have started attacking and burning banks in the north. Dumb extremists. If there's an important work to be done before you leave your seat in office, it should be done regardless of whatever nonsense you believe in. Clowns.
A curse to humanity rather.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by luluman: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha
No bi by force. Let all Christians too withdraw their money if they wish.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by theforemost: 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2022
You see, sometimes when somethings happen, in the north, i don't pity nor blame them. If this happens in the north, i doubt if some bad news would not be happening now.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Osaze007: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
bellabello:

Oga na lie joo, minorities has nothing to do with majorities

There’s no stats to prove it
North is 65% Muslim
South is 85% Christian
At most a 2m difference
Let’s not forget majority of diaspora are Christians
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Osaze007: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
Slynation:
Be like say to build house never dey hungry you... grin As it stands, Nigeria and Nigerians can't do without Dangote...

Yes Muslims are largely illiterates and rely on Christians for management
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Osaze007: 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2022
DDNGNG:

Christians lack cooperation. If I tell you how many Christians that are banking with jaiz bank � you'll be shock.

The whole Islamic movement will force Christians to corporate

Infact no reason why a southern Christian should not be candidate in Apc and pdp
But the foolish Christian voted for Muslim candidate
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Slynation(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
Osaze007:

Yes Muslims are largely illiterates and rely on Christians for management
Your voice is your choice... cheesy
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by uwemconcept: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
lhordspy:
A new subject 'Religious tolerance' should be introduced and should be compulsory right from kindergaten to senior secondary school.

And it should continue in tertiary institutions as a GST course.

Christians will see this as nothing, to them it is mere rants by muslims over 'little issue' .
No matter how you see this or from what angle you are looking at it. This is an extreme religious bigotry by the polaris bank supervisor and the muslims have every right to stand against it.

Scoot Howard Phillips once said, and i quote: "You can't pick and choose which types of freedom you want to defend. You must defend all of it or be against all of it."

The right to practice and defend my religion is non-negotiable. We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity which is my right to worship my God.

Why I quite agree with you. Then the muslim employee should also agree or accept salary deduction for Fridays. This will allow the employer to adequately compensate whoever will do their work while they go for their prayers
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by lagosrd: 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na retrenchment go follow .. small by small
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by ArewaNorth: 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2022
jasminer:

If Muslims have to go to jumaat every Friday, who are the customers getting stranded at the banks? Christians? Or the same Muslims?

Secondly, since the organization needs to run on Fridays as well, should the bank prioritize employing non Muslims to avoid such issues?

If a surgeon was operating your relative who is in a bad state and demands to go and pray for the next 20mins -1hr cus it's jumaat, what will you do?

Does every business owned by a Muslim close on Friday for their staff to go for prayers? Why haven't they attacked such people? Even Dangote, don't Muslims working under him miss their jumaat?

What about traditional worshippers, worshippers of sango and olokun? Have we ever given them a single holiday off? Would you allow an olokun worshipper to have a break on Wednesday by 12noon so she can perform her rituals? At the detriment of your customers?

Christians have severally had their application for leave during Christmas/easter rejected because everyone can't go on leave. Many christians work on our most holy days just to ensure someone isn't stranded. Why can't the Muslims do this?

I'm a Christian and after seeing such news, how do you think I'll feel about employing a Muslim tomorrow?

I want to hope you're as open minded as some wonderful Muslims I know and you can tell yourself the truth.

The summary is that any company that isn't created by a religious organization and isn't operating in a place governed by religious laws is not bound to cater to any religious needs. They have the right to consent to or not to consent to it.

Section 13 of the labour act gives every employee that works for 6hours+ a rest of at least 1hour. But Polaris Bank staff that work from 8am-5pm (9hrs) aren’t allowed to observe a 30-mins Friday Prayer and Muslims are intolerant according to u.

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by jasminer: 12:29am On Oct 16, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Section 13 of the labour act gives every employee that works for 6hours+ a rest of at least 1hour. But Polaris Bank staff that work from 8am-5pm (9hrs) aren’t allowed to observe a 30-mins Friday Prayer and Muslims are intolerant according to u.

Does everyone have to take a break at the same time ? That's what the mail pointed out. Everyone left their job and went for prayer leaving the banking operations and customers stranded?

Why can't the staff be split into say two or three groups. Group A goes for Jumaat this week while others work, Group B goes for Jumaat next week while others work. That way everyone is happy.

Meanwhile you didn't answer any my other questions.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Ehmmah588(m): 12:34am On Oct 16, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha
You're very blessed for this comment...Muslims have found a way to make all the laws favour them.From the use of hijabs in school to this ..Only God knows what else they'll do
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by ArewaNorth: 1:01am On Oct 16, 2022
jasminer:

Does everyone have to take a break at the same time ? That's what the mail pointed out. Everyone left their job and went for prayer leaving the banking operations and customers stranded?

Why can't the staff be split into say two or three groups. Group A goes for Jumaat this week while others work, Group B goes for Jumaat next week while others work. That way everyone is happy.

Meanwhile you didn't answer any my other questions.

You see, the kind of questions u asked do not deserve answers because u are completely ignorant of Islamic religious injunctions. You can't feign knowledgeable in the questions. Do u want Muslims to go contrary to the Islamic injunctions for ordinary banking work?
You need not to be extremely bigot as u portrayed yourself here before making justice to the situation; she supposed to sit with them and arrange their Fridays prayer leave in such away that some attend mosques that pray at earlier time and the rest leave when others come back but she is so fanatic to hsve taken that deliberate position, very stupid woman (30minutes is enough for them depending on the location of the mosque).
Unlike how u tried to make many ignorant assertions, many Muslims know a lot about Christianity and some injunctions of the religion. Your assertion is analogous to a Muslim suggesting Christians to go to church on Saturdays instead of Sundays!
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Truthday: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2022
crafteck:

Growing due to people being born into or forced into it bro, the world is being damaged by religious consciousness especially Islam, what beauty is left in oppression and radicalisation?

Check the growth rate of islam in Europe. Countries like germany who has1-3% muslims are now having double digits percentage in space of 5-10yrs. You're fighting a fruitless war. Islam is here to dominate the world and people like you will be caufhtby surprise.

Only if you know how fast time changes, you won't be arguing blindly. And fighting islam... Just laughing sincerely
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Truthday: 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
santuspearl:

And how has this helped your life, they remain the poorest religion and also the religion associated with violence... U guys in Africa and Nigeria especially should see the way UAE practice this thing
This why most of them are poor and living in abject poverty, extremism of religion, Friday is working hours, why should u be given preference, if u don't like it, look for an islamic bank and apply to work there. Ur people are being killed everyday by Muslim bokoharam, bandits, herdsmen, etc, u won't protest that one, na useless things Una dey act, small thing now, you will look for human beings to burn.. with this mentality, you guys will remain ever poor and backward

Woow. Using islam and poor in a sentence is what I least expect.

Where's UAE, Saudi Arabia (birth place of islam, far Richer than UAE.), Oman, Qatar, indonesia, Kuwait, Iran, Morocco, Tunisia, kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, tajikistan, algeria, Egypt, algeria, Libya (before fall of Gaddafi), bangladesh etc.

Infact richest in this same Nigeria and Africa is a muslim. You have no point
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by jasminer: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2022
ArewaNorth:

You see, the kind of questions u asked do not deserve answers because u are completely ignorant of Islamic religious injunctions. You can't feign knowledgeable in the questions. Do u want Muslims to go contrary to the Islamic injunctions for ordinary banking work?
You need not to be extremely bigot as u portrayed yourself here before making justice to the situation; she supposed to sit with them and arrange their Fridays prayer leave in such away that some attend mosques that pray at earlier time and the rest leave when others come back but she is so fanatic to hsve taken that deliberate position, very stupid woman (30minutes is enough for them depending on the location of the mosque).
Unlike how u tried to make many ignorant assertions, many Muslims know a lot about Christianity and some injunctions of the religion. Your assertion is analogous to a Muslim suggesting Christians to go to church on Saturdays instead of Sundays!

Mind your tone, I'm not fighting with you, neither have I insulted you or Islam in anyway, if I have, point it out and I'll apologize.

Christians in Muslim countries hold service on Friday or Saturday so what's your next argument?

The mail said that the occurrence where almost all the staff go for prayer at the same time has to stop. She didn't say the prayer has to stop, she didn't say the break has to stop. All the staff members do take breaks every other day and it never caused the bank to shut down so the same should be done on Fridays as well.

You're claiming prayer lasts for 30mins, lolzzzzz. Prayer in Nigerian mosques on Friday lasts for at least 45mins, I've heard of some imams who preach for so long that people avoided their mosques. I'm sure the mosque isn't located in the bank so there'll also be commute time on top of the 45mins to and fro so we're talking about almost 1hr here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

MTN CEO, Ahmad Farroukh Resigns / The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.