Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' (35495 Views)

Zenith Bank Dragged To CBN Over Alleged Disappearance Of $64.1million / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Slynation(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2022
lookingfly:
imagine christians saying they want to go for their church program on Friday morning or afternoon. Will the bank allow it? If you're not comfortable with the terms of a job, you resign!
Oga rest, we all know Christians worship on Sunday/Saturday for our Sabbath brothers, any other day is personal...

There is no point dragging issues, the bank staff acted on ignorance.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by IMASTEX: 5:10am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
don't trigger religious correctness here. The Muslims already being cheated on Fridays which is their worship day by the British imposed constitution. But we've already lived through that but depriving a Muslim of jumat prayer is going too far.
If you know our govt parastatals, you'll know they always gat each other back on their respective religious periods. Muslims cover for Christians in Sunday and Christmas and vice versa
Too much religiosity is why the country is where it is today. Both christians & Muslims are one in stealing among those in government, even those out of government are not better off in behaviors towards one another. Christians official day of worship as stated in the bible is sabbath which is Saturday, but they moved it to Sunday and it correlated with the day off work and because the British who were the colonial master were "Christians". Saudi Arabia didn't colonized the country. You're calling for more days off when government should be cancelling some of the several religious holidays and removing religion in government. Those who needs to be religious can setup their own businesses.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by BeardedMeat(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2022
lhordspy:
A new subject 'Religious tolerance' should be introduced and should be compulsory right from kindergaten to senior secondary school.

And it should continue in tertiary institutions as a GST course.

Christians will see this as nothing, to them it is mere rants by muslims over 'little issue' .
No matter how you see this or from what angle you are looking at it. This is an extreme religious bigotry by the polaris bank supervisor and the muslims have every right to stand against it.

Scoot Howard Phillips once said, and i quote: "You can't pick and choose which types of freedom you want to defend. You must defend all of it or be against all of it."

The right to practice and defend my religion is non-negotiable. We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity which is my right to worship my God.
,Yeroba mooslims should fight for Friday to be work Free.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 15, 2022
4teenblaq:
Religion has eaten up our senses and priority in life.

No wonder most of this ardent northern Muslims are mostly low lives and one is ready to take down the life of his fellow man because of one imaginary god.

The white really dealt with us.

Bro u guys should stop all this blames on the whites. We have been given independence but yet it's even worst
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by kashtanyi(m): 5:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Hmmm, everything all about christians and muslims..

What about individuals wen dey serve juju.. we also have our worship days but it’s always condemned by all..

INSIDE LIFE
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Shadysen: 5:59am On Oct 15, 2022
Nostring:
another proof u are empty undecided
forget normal normal mohamned was a bastard and a very wicked being just like his followers. end of mention!
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by iLiquidator: 6:00am On Oct 15, 2022
4teenblaq:
Religion has eaten up our senses and priority in life.

No wonder most of this ardent northern Muslims are mostly low lives and one is ready to take down the life of his fellow man because of one imaginary god.

The white really dealt with us.

Animal
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by omoredia: 6:01am On Oct 15, 2022
Nostring:
u think ppl everybody b like u ? tongue

The people stealing cruse today pray 5 times a day and go to Mecca every other year. The black man will only embrace religion because of the evil in his heart
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by iLiquidator: 6:01am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha
Why is Sunday, a whole day dedicated for Christians? You are a fool
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by 21savages: 6:03am On Oct 15, 2022
Idamond:

your religion is full of crisis and bad acts..
I could remember last dec wen sterling bank CEO compared bread to Jesus we didn't cry blood nor line up like cows in sterling bank to withdraw our money...
ur religion is evil and jealous period..
Yeah everyone who loves his religion will be jealous of it just like is some one who loves his mother, So imagine some1 disrespecting your mother And for the evil I know my religion isn’t Evil go and ask ur parents I know they came to this world before you.
Nairaland has made me understand where the hate is coming from.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2022
We are in deep shit with these people.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by drololaaof: 6:16am On Oct 15, 2022
[quote author=jumper524 post=117562227]Although Polaris bank have since apologized and debunk the statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/reactions-trail-banks-alleged-mail-against-prayers/%3famp[/quote
Is Polaris bank a muslim bank ? You have started to bring chaos, the type that is not making Nigeria a peaceful state now like it was before.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by bellabello(m): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2022
Osaze007:
By the time christains boycott Dangote na when islam go feel am
First to do no Dey pain

Oga na lie joo, minorities has nothing to do with majorities
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by bellabello(m): 6:22am On Oct 15, 2022
Shadysen:
forget normal normal mohamned was a bastard and a very wicked being just like his followers. end of mention!

as your mother and your father be, real Christian will never insults Muhammad as real Muslim can never insults our beloved Jesus
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by RightChannel: 6:23am On Oct 15, 2022
Just imagine a World without Islam
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Homiesjinxbank: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2022
Matter arising...we go soon start our own.

general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by OladiTwo5(m): 6:37am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:

I am not assuming anything sir...
Sunday's are not just work free days for christians, but for muslims too..
Any muslim leaving my company on a friday before close of work will either be sacked, or have his salary reduced...

That is why you never have one, and you will never have any company till eternity, until you change your thought.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by OfficialAPCNig: 6:38am On Oct 15, 2022
This same Polaris made a mockery of Jesus during Christmas, it pained us but we didn't put on drama.

Islam should learn tolerance.

Even most of these people claiming to love Islam rarely employ moslems as staff for roles that need constant presence like customer service or sales position.

They always go for Christians because they understand the importance of keeping the workflow and productivity high.

Unemployment rate between moslems and Christians in secular environment like Lagos is higher among moslems.

Have you ever wondered why?

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Roman7(m): 6:41am On Oct 15, 2022
lhordspy:
A new subject 'Religious tolerance' should be introduced and should be compulsory right from kindergaten to senior secondary school.

And it should continue in tertiary institutions as a GST course.

Christians will see this as nothing, to them it is mere rants by muslims over 'little issue' .
No matter how you see this or from what angle you are looking at it. This is an extreme religious bigotry by the polaris bank supervisor and the muslims have every right to stand against it.

Scoot Howard Phillips once said, and i quote: "You can't pick and choose which types of freedom you want to defend. You must defend all of it or be against all of it."

The right to practice and defend my religion is non-negotiable. We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity which is my right to worship my God.

Oga, nothing like extreme religious bigotry there. The bank has its rule they know it. So why are they crying. This people always want others to bend or adjust rules for them. But they'd never do that to others. It's BS.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Roman7(m): 6:47am On Oct 15, 2022
4teenblaq:

You guys talk so much on "tolerance" as if you really do or act as you preach.

You are so tolerant, you lynched a girl because she said "a certain group chat is not meant for religious things". You term that " blasphemy " and killed her. And you think "Allah will be pleased".

We have seen most of you blaspheming against the Christian God. Nobody has beaten or lynched you for that.

No body has crucified any of you blaspheming against other religions.

You say your religion is of peace but most of your " islamic " countries are all war torn.

Smh for you.

Baba just leave dis people make Dem dey decieve themselves.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by phemmyfour: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2022
Think9ja:
cry

Useless people

Everything is about head slamming for them.
Hypocrite
If they have visa interview by 1pm at the embassy, will they excuse themselves for prayers

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by phemmyfour: 7:02am On Oct 15, 2022
plantist:

While you appear unreasonable to me, I would still take my time to write some sense into your skull. Tolerance is acknowledging the fundamental rights of others who are not of the same religious belief as you by allowing them to engage in their worship. This is a window of say 15 minutes in the afternoon. But you Christians don't want Islam and Muslims in existence. How? You have cooked up Saturdays and Sundays as weekends to allow you attend your worship centres and not accord the Muslims the same right.
Ignorance
You don't even know why sat n Sundays are tagged weekend
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by simongonner: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:

I am not assuming anything sir...
Sunday's are not just work free days for christians, but for muslims too..
Any muslim leaving my company on a friday before close of work will either be sacked, or have his salary reduced...
you don't want to try that In the core northern state , you go wake up come see ashes of your business
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 15, 2022
Truthday:

I have friends whose parents are pastor's till date, when the guy was convinced. He had memorized the Quran and dropped out if school to go Qatar to study Islamic studies
him no wise
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by simongonner: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2022
davodyguy:

They should try it in other countries then and see how they'll be fired
honestly..
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by general111(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2022
simongonner:
you don't want to try that In the core northern state , you go wake up come see ashes of your business
cheesy :Ddats just it

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Mrfixitt(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
Muslims sha
Many Muslims are foolish and stupid.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by santuspearl: 7:49am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
Although Polaris bank have since apologized and debunk the statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/reactions-trail-banks-alleged-mail-against-prayers/%3famp

This why most of them are poor and living in abject poverty, extremism of religion, Friday is working hours, why should u be given preference, if u don't like it, look for an islamic bank and apply to work there. Ur people are being killed everyday by Muslim bokoharam, bandits, herdsmen, etc, u won't protest that one, na useless things Una dey act, small thing now, you will look for human beings to burn.. with this mentality, you guys will remain ever poor and backward
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by NoToPile: 7:51am On Oct 15, 2022
dazzlingd:

The stupid staff that made internal mail public ought to be sacked. But because of peaceful Islam, sacking him will result into a peaceful violence. Well his days in that organisation are numbered and his career is in jeopardy

I was waiting for someone to say the bolded that person had just put practically all those that received the mail in trouble, all their days a re numbered, the bank will bid its time, 6 months - 1year max and discharge them sequentially. It's something HR can do.
Thats what is paining me because Jobs are even scarce these days
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by santuspearl: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2022
Truthday:

Youve changed nothing with this comment. Islam still remains world fastest growing religion with over 2 billion adherents. With over 43 oic countries. Change your hate to live and see how beautiful love is.

And how has this helped your life, they remain the poorest religion and also the religion associated with violence... U guys in Africa and Nigeria especially should see the way UAE practice this thing
This why most of them are poor and living in abject poverty, extremism of religion, Friday is working hours, why should u be given preference, if u don't like it, look for an islamic bank and apply to work there. Ur people are being killed everyday by Muslim bokoharam, bandits, herdsmen, etc, u won't protest that one, na useless things Una dey act, small thing now, you will look for human beings to burn.. with this mentality, you guys will remain ever poor and backward

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by ogmask: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
don't trigger religious correctness here. The Muslims already being cheated on Fridays which is their worship day by the British imposed constitution. But we've already lived through that but depriving a Muslim of jumat prayer is going too far.
If you know our govt parastatals, you'll know they always get each other back on their respective religious periods. Muslims cover for Christians on Sunday and Christmas and vice versa

This is true as per the Friday and Sunday understanding but what I don't get is having small prayer houses or mosques littered on the govt premises. Couldn't this be taken outside the premises as the Christians do? I wonder why the govt should get involved to the extent of preparing prayer places in govt offices for Muslims. Mind you am not talking of the govt house or other high stake political offices.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Uthmaniyya: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
sunday is a working day abi??
And Christmas is also a working day....

I smell illiteracy and ignorance Here, sorry o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Piggy Bank Experience / MTN CEO, Ahmad Farroukh Resigns / The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.