Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' (35494 Views)

Zenith Bank Dragged To CBN Over Alleged Disappearance Of $64.1million / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by shedy03(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
Polaris bank has officially released a statement on it.
Coming late, damage already done.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by crafteck(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2022
Truthday:

Youve changed nothing with this comment. Islam still remains world fastest growing religion with over 2 billion adherents. With over 43 oic countries. Change your hate to live and see how beautiful love is.

Growing due to people being born into or forced into it bro, the world is being damaged by religious consciousness especially Islam, what beauty is left in oppression and radicalisation?
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by stanisbaratheon: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2022
And one fool will come out and say religion does not matter, because he wants to be president.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by NoToPile: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:
what really was the lady thinking though? this looks like a confam case of village people

though if they catch the guy who shared the original screenshot ehn

You think she was not acting in the banks interest? sThe management know this but they have to come out with a statement, she can't be sacked for that mail but the guy who shared the screen shot can be sacked.

The person that shared that screen shot is a goner Infact all of them on that mail might go for it. I am almost certain all of them will go one by one they will just bid their time.

Nigerian banks can be very brutal its just paining me that innocent people will be affected. Times are hard enough abeg.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by lilachiever(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha

That is not just anyhow Muslim program. It's Friday Jum'ah.

Christians don't even work on Sundays so why can't Muslims be allowed one hour break on Fridays to go for prayers?

If the firm is one that normally allows lunch break, they can just push the lunch break of Muslims to the time of Jumah with maybe extra 30mins to cater for their worship time. It's not rocket science.

However, the employee didn't do well in making public internal communication. He/she could have addressed the issue with the HR dept.

2 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
Kudos to Polaris bank for distancing itself from religious nepotism taken by one of it supervisors. I urge every Muslims to respect the compromise decision made by Polaris bank and continue to bank with them.
The bigot supervisor has already gotten the message.
imagine your statement,i was at gtb yesterday,muslims were on the queue at 1:00 and no one care about any religion.
Islam is a religion of intolerance.
that is why people are leaving.
she left work without permission and replacement.
can you have a company running shift and a Christian who saw the rule, agreed to it and leave work without due diligence.
tell me if you are the boss and your resources not care,what will be your reaction.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by babz11(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
A bank will never allow a christian leave his work for a Christian program during work hours, why should they even have an exception for muslims....
Muslims sha

Reason with Ur brain, why do work hours close by 1pm on Friday?
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2022
lilachiever:

That is not just anyhow Muslim program. It's Friday Jum'ah.

Christians don't even work on Sundays so why can't Muslims be allowed one hour break on Fridays to go for prayers?

If the firm is one that normally allows lunch break, they can just push the lunch break of Muslims to the time of Jumah with maybe extra 30mins to cater for their worship time. It's not rocket science.

However, the employee didn't do well in making public internal communication. He/she could have addressed the issue with the HR dept.
did you read where it was said that she didnt take permission.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by kingxsamz(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2022
Bunch of low key terrorists. These extremists are a curse to this country. If Polatis bank had not addressed the issue, they probably would have started attacking and burning banks in the north. Dumb extremists. If there's an important work to be done before you leave your seat in office, it should be done regardless of whatever nonsense you believe in. Clowns.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by jasminer: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2022
ArewaNorth:

This is the ignorance that doesn't exist in a well educated Muslim in situations that affect Christians. All Muslims know that Christians are favoured and thw understanding of Muslims to go to church on sundays and made sundays weekends knowing fully well that earlier years before and after our independence Fridays and Thursdays were the weekends of most Northern Muslims but it was sacrificed because the time for the prayer isn't more than 2hrs atmost. Attending Jumaat prayer is an Islamic injunction that no Muslim should miss except in some exclusive cases known to knowledgeable Muslims.
When making this comparison, don't be so selfish and intolerant; just consider that we are living in a diverse society which all people's religious practices must be considered in our work schedules. This is pure bigotry and the damage control by the bank would've been useless if this kind of protest isn't involved. Why most of intolerance and deep bigotry from public and private organisations is against Muslims? Why always against Muslims?

If Muslims have to go to jumaat every Friday, who are the customers getting stranded at the banks? Christians? Or the same Muslims?

Secondly, since the organization needs to run on Fridays as well, should the bank prioritize employing non Muslims to avoid such issues?

If a surgeon was operating your relative who is in a bad state and demands to go and pray for the next 20mins -1hr cus it's jumaat, what will you do?

Does every business owned by a Muslim close on Friday for their staff to go for prayers? Why haven't they attacked such people? Even Dangote, don't Muslims working under him miss their jumaat?

What about traditional worshippers, worshippers of sango and olokun? Have we ever given them a single holiday off? Would you allow an olokun worshipper to have a break on Wednesday by 12noon so she can perform her rituals? At the detriment of your customers?

Christians have severally had their application for leave during Christmas/easter rejected because everyone can't go on leave. Many christians work on our most holy days just to ensure someone isn't stranded. Why can't the Muslims do this?

I'm a Christian and after seeing such news, how do you think I'll feel about employing a Muslim tomorrow?

I want to hope you're as open minded as some wonderful Muslims I know and you can tell yourself the truth.

The summary is that any company that isn't created by a religious organization and isn't operating in a place governed by religious laws is not bound to cater to any religious needs. They have the right to consent to or not to consent to it.

4 Likes

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by babz11(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
tolerance and Islam are just 5&6..
When zenith bank made mockery of jesus during easter, did christians boycott the bank...

Yes we extremely intolerance when u deny us the act of worshipping.
When you are Tolerance of Everything You stand for nothing
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Starz825(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2022
lhordspy:
A new subject 'Religious tolerance' should be introduced and should be compulsory right from kindergaten to senior secondary school.

And it should continue in tertiary institutions as a GST course.

Christians will see this as nothing, to them it is mere rants by muslims over 'little issue' .
No matter how you see this or from what angle you are looking at it. This is an extreme religious bigotry by the polaris bank supervisor and the muslims have every right to stand against it.

Scoot Howard Phillips once said, and i quote: "You can't pick and choose which types of freedom you want to defend. You must defend all of it or be against all of it."

The right to practice and defend my religion is non-negotiable. We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity which is my right to worship my God.
Religious tolerance dey civic education for junior schools already
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by GloriousGbola: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2022
NoToPile:

You think she was not acting in the banks interest? sThe management know this but they have to come out with a statement, she can't be sacked for that mail but the guy who shared the screen shot can be sacked.

The person that shared that screen shot is a goner Infact all of them on that mail might go for it. I am almost certain all of them will go one by one they will just bid their time.

Nigerian banks can be very brutal its just paining me that innocent people will be affected. Times are hard enough abeg.

Religion is a lightning rod in this country. I worked in a private company and they simply accepted that we would go for prayers from 2 to 3pm.it can't be complicated. Schedule your lunch break to 2pm. And if you are banking in the North, your customers will not even be available at that period. This is just poor emotional intelligence and staff management imho. If not why is the bank back pedaling.

Unlike in the case of access bank, I doubt they can catch this guy this is a screenshot, not an actual email with info embedded in it. Las Las they will call each of the people who was sent that email, but that can also backfire into victimisation of Muslim employees.

In the end this stunt will now lead to clear cut policies on prayer time.

It is Nigerians these things are hard for because we like oppressing people in the minority. My sister is a doctor in the US, and the hospital had a prayer room set up for the Muslims there. But over here people are losing their sxxt because Muslim women are insisting on wearing hijab in the office.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by NoToPile: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Religion is a lightning rod in this country. I worked in a private company and they simply accepted that we would go for prayers from 2 to 3pm.it can't be complicated. Schedule your lunch break to 2pm. And if you are banking in the North, your customers will not even be available at that period. This is just poor emotional intelligence and staff management imho. If not why is the bank back pedaling.

Unlike in the case of access bank, I doubt they can catch this guy this is a screenshot, not an actual email with info embedded in it. Las Las they will call each of the people who was sent that email, but that can also backfire into victimisation of Muslim employees.

In the end this stunt will now lead to clear cut policies on prayer time.

It is Nigerians these things are hard for because we like oppressing people in the minority. My sister is a doctor in the US, and the hospital had a prayer room set up for the Muslims there. But over here people are losing their sxxt because Muslim women are insisting on wearing hijab in the office.

In all honesty my own major concern is people will lose their jobs, most likely all of them that received the mail it might take time but one by one they would go. This is Nigeria and we all know the banking sector is not that nice now whether it's fair or not is another issue entirely.

That person should never have shared that internal mail.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by alansary0064(m): 9:02am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
Muslims sha

stop been sentiment, Muslim perform the Friday prayer during working hour and it's obligatory on every sane Muslim to do so.

and I u without been sentiment knows that Christians church service is mostly on Sunday or evening for those that attend Bible studies.
As a Muslim, anything that can cause u not to attend Friday prayer which can of course doesn't take more than 20 min is to be boycotted, this has nothing to do with been extremists.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Leonbonapart(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
don't trigger religious correctness here. The Muslims already being cheated on Fridays which is their worship day by the British imposed constitution. But we've already lived through that but depriving a Muslim of jumat prayer is going too far.
If you know our govt parastatals, you'll know they always gat each other back on their respective religious periods. Muslims cover for Christians in Sunday and Christmas and vice versa
your religion is nothing but a scam
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Nostring: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2022
Shadysen:
forget normal normal mohamned was a bastard and a very wicked being just like his followers. end of mention!
empty headed
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Nostring: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2022
omoredia:

The people stealing cruse today pray 5 times a day and go to Mecca every other year. The black man will only embrace religion because of the evil in his heart
same way some also go to church every Sunday to scream out their Longs.. don't b a hypocrite
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by blaqoracle: 9:49am On Oct 15, 2022
4teenblaq:
Religion has eaten up our senses and priority in life.

No wonder most of this ardent northern Muslims are mostly low lives and one is ready to take down the life of his fellow man because of one imaginary god.

The white really dealt with us.

homeless obidients will never hide their heads in shame.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Sagefromtheeast: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2022
adekolaelect:
Stop exposing your level of Intolerance to Islam. The western came with Christianity which made them to reserve Sunday a work free day to allow worshipers to perform their right which Muslims has none and you can still drag and bragging on the Muslims who can't use more than 30 minutes to worship on Friday?? You are better not allow your emotional feelings to make you a frustrating agent for another man Religions bcs you can't bear it alone when the consequences of your action started.

You're just busy spilling your untempered sentiment all over the place without paying any attention to the most important details.

Is the supervisor acting in accordance with the company policy?
Are the said Muslims aware of the policy?
Did they assent to it at the point of entry?

If yes, then what are we talking about?
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by sleemomymy: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:

I am not assuming anything sir...
Sunday's are not just work free days for christians, but for muslims too..
Any muslim leaving my company on a friday before close of work will either be sacked, or have his salary reduced...
This one big reason you will never have a company................ INSHA ALLAH.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by DECLAN2015(m): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
Muslims sha

Don't mind them.Emotionsl all the time.They can even tolerate half of what christian bear.If it is the other way round now ....they ll be happy
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by MarrisManah(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
let's substitute Sunday weekend to Friday's then deprive Christian workers the chance for Sunday worships on Sunday or probably sack Joshua for going for just 2hrs worship on Sunday weekdays. Let's see if the Christian society would take it with light hand.
Oga goan do the substitution and let's see what happens. In UAE, Churches are held on Fridays because Sunday - Thursday are work/school days. Nobody has protested. Bring the same policy here, and Christians will start worshipping on Fridays too. We like making mountains out of molehills in this country. Pathetic.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by hayzed19(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2022
Is UAE a secular country ?
As Christians celebrate Sunday’s, so is Friday for Muslims...
A typical week for the Islamic religion runs from Sunday to Thursday (In Saudi Arabia, Thursday and Friday are their weekends), while the christian society’s Monday to Friday.
Nigeria follow western Christian calendar where they are granted Sunday holiday and the muslim here are already at disadvantage...Imagine if we are being colonized by the Arabs and our weekends happens to be Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday...The Christians will also make a mountains out of it....

MarrisManah:

Oga goan do the substitution and let's see what happens. In UAE, Churches are held on Fridays because Sunday - Thursday are work/school days. Nobody has protested. Bring the same policy here, and Christians will start worshipping on Fridays too. We like making mountains out of molehills in this country. Pathetic.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Pymetrics: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2022
All the ignorants and hatred filled people commenting here, when they have their own flourishing business then they will know the power of a united customer. All of you didn't see it that Polaris Bank sees Muslim population as part of their customers? If Muslims boycott them, the bank will go to extinct.

Between, we can see that Muslims are not in control in this country as the media would fabricate lies of such. If Muslims were in control, it will be easy to make Friday and Sunday a work free day. This is the kind of advocacy MURIC do fight for, but ignorant Muslim will still abuse him.

Meanwhile, Christians and Igbo particularly uses Jaiz bank more than the Muslims. Just go and verify.

1 Like

Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Greenfaces: 11:37am On Oct 15, 2022
general111:
But wait oh...
Muslims sha
sundays are entirely free. Fridays are not
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Sammy5413(m): 11:55am On Oct 15, 2022
I'm still yet to understand what this religion want to turn Nigeria into!
For God sake why would you even think of leaving your duties for prayers? If your job doesn't give you the time you want, kindly resign! Stop attaching religion to your job
You chose to work as a bank staff and not under duress
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by adekolaelect(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
Sagefromtheeast:

You're just busy spilling your untempered sentiment all over the place without paying any attention to the most important details.

Is the supervisor acting in accordance with the company policy?
Are the said Muslims aware of the policy?
Did they assent to it at the point of entry?

If yes, then what are we talking about?
Oga no any organization write it in their policy that employees do not have right to perform their Religions rights . If you have any let me see. It is intolerant of the highest level to stop your subordinate from performing his Religions right in the name self made policy which the main organization that employ all do not specify do or don't on. If my reply is not satisfactory to you .The bank in question has giving you the best answer.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by adekolaelect(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Well said,We should all try to respect each other,I have Muslims working for me and I allow them Pray but on a primary condition that it does not Affects business negatively.
My respect for Muslims increased recently with the stand of most of the Muslims I know on the desperate Muslim-muslim agenda by tinubu and his evil oppressive APC demonic party.
Let's all respect each other and do unto others as to be done by You.
Thank you.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by omoredia: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
Nostring:
same way some also go to church every Sunday to scream out their Longs.. don't b a hypocrite

I'm not a religious idiot. Religion is for fools
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Karnice600: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
jumper524:
let's substitute Sunday weekend to Friday's then deprive Christian workers the chance for Sunday worships on Sunday or probably sack Joshua for going for just 2hrs worship on Sunday weekdays. Let's see if the Christian society would take it with light hand.

There are shifts or flexible options for working on Sundays. Some companies give it names like overtime, bonus piece, extra pie, etc. Most times it’s voluntary, sometimes scheduled in turns, ahead of time with prior notifications…
But if the terms and conditions you agreed to at the recruiting desk, states “full time” on Fridays or Sundays as compulsory and you go ahead without negotiations right there, and later scream out about being religiously oppressed, then you’re are worse than an omen to any successful business/ company you’re part of.
If you think it’s easy start a business and run it successfully to employ four more hands at least.
Re: Polaris Bank Dragged By Muslims For Allegedly 'Barring Muslims From Prayers' by Sagefromtheeast: 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
adekolaelect:
Oga no any organization write it in their policy that employees do not have right to perform their Religions rights . If you have any let me see. It is intolerant of the highest level to stop your subordinate from performing his Religions right in the name self made policy which the main organization that employ all do not specify do or don't on. If my reply is not satisfactory to you .The bank in question has giving you the best answer.

Even during work hours?
Nigga stop deluding yourself grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Piggy Bank Experience / MTN CEO, Ahmad Farroukh Resigns / The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.