Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari (1826 Views)

Ikoli Harcourt Whyte – Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 5 / Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 4 - Brief History Of Kalabari / Asari Dokubo Chides Wike Over Insult On Amanyanabo Of Kalabari Kingdom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 10:11am On Jun 30, 2023

Brief history of Kalabari Communities (Additional Information By ECBLOG)

In ancient history Kalabari migrated from Calabar, they were joined by the Aro people of the Igbo ethnicity and first lived among the Ikwerre people at a place known as Obuamafo. From there they migrated southwards to an island closer to the ocean called Elem Kalabari (later to be known as Old Shipping).
This is where the central Kalabari people occupied for centuries.

Kalabari Amakiri Palace

The linguist‘s research work also reveals that the earlier Kalabari ethnicity did not include the other neighbouring towns like Ifoko, Ke, Tombia, Bukuma, Obonoma, Udekamma. These towns were added to Kalabari by King Amakiri (now spelt Amachree) through conquest and diplomacy.

King Amakiri (the first) was a major king in Kalabari history. He was an Igbo man and a great war strategist.

Splitting Of Elem Kalabari (From Research)
Through a kingship tussle between the Amakiri and Odum Barboy houses, Elem kalabari known as inner Kalabari was split apart. The splitting led to the outward migration of three main groups. The three main groups went on to found the 3 major communities of Kalabari today namely Bakana in 1881. Abonnema in 1881/1882 and Buguma in 1884.

You can also view this post in video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswEaN44T7E

https://easternconsigliereblog.com/links-between-kalabari-and-igbo-part-3-history-of-kalabari/

Did you miss the earlier story. Read Links Between Kalabari And Igbo 2 – King Ejike of Bille

2 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2023
Though I know there is a tight link between the water side people and the igbos in the hinterland but oil and divide and politics of the Nigeria government has made a lot of them forget or deny their roots and ancestry.
To that effect I don't care where they come from or have links to, its there problem not mine.

9 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 10:47am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:
Though I know there is a tight link between the water side people and the igbos in the hinterland but oil and divide and politics of the Nigeria government has made a lot of them forget or deny their roots and ancestry.
To that effect I don't care where they come from or have links to, its there problem not mine.

Politics is the issue. But the knowledge is still necessary for historical research and educational purposes.

7 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 10:48am On Jun 30, 2023
Useless Post grin

Is so funny how an Igbo Man from the East go dey tell Ijaws about their Origin grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 10:49am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Is this a joke grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Is this a joke grin
Defender of Shit!
Kindly take your foolery to a Tinubu thread, thats the job you're given and don't come and be robbing body with normal people as if you're not a programmed APC propaganda bot!

11 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Defender of Shit!
Kindly take your foolery to a Tinubu thread, thats the job you're given and don't come and be robbing body with normal people as if you're not a programmed APC propaganda bot!
I won't have said anything if una no dey talk about my Tribe grin

Igbos don post more about Ijaws history than them dey post about Igbo history

Leave Ijaw Land and face Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu etc

Ijaws no dey create threads about Igbo land make una stop attaching unaself abeg cheesy

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by paramakina202: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Useless Post grin

Is so funny how an Igbo Man from the East go dey tell Ijaws about their Origin grin

There is no Ijaw by blood in Rivers state though some Igbos claim Ijaw through political association after the civil war.

7 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Useless Post grin

Your response is "useless post'?

7 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2023
paramakina202:

There is no Ijaw by blood in Rivers state though some Igbos claim Ijaw through political association after the civil war.
grin

So the Present Governor of Rivers State is an Igbo man , he's not Ijaw by blood but by water

I wander why you guys love attaching yourself with the Ijaws grin

Nah so una dey attach unaself to the Ikwerres too grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Politics is the issue. But the knowledge is still necessary for historical research and educational purposes.
Knowledge you say? Wait for some of them to come here and tell you that though there names including surnames are Uche and Okoro and Onyeka but that they are actually from Benin !

No time for nonsense!
Let them revel in their deception!
And when time comes that probably sense have befallen them in 200 or more years ahead, it would be there morning and their problems passed over from generation to generation!

6 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Knowledge you say? Wait for some of them to come here and tell you that though there names including surnames are Uche and Okoro and Onyeka but that they are actually from Benin !

No time for nonsense!
And when time comes that probably sense have befallen them in 200 or more years ahead, it would be there morning and their problems passed over from generation to generation!
But why are you shedding tears and giving yourself HBP grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

No time for nonsense!

History was unfortunately removed from schools.

7 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2023
As an Igbo man, you should be concern about the history of Owerri, Umuahia, Abakaliki, Enugu, Nsukka, Nnewi and other Igbo land

But No, nah Ijaw History dem go dey post about grin

Nah the British wey create the Eastern Region cause this kin rubbish though

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I won't have said anything if una no dey talk about my Tribe grin

Igbos don post more about Ijaws history than them dey post about Igbo history

Leave Ijaw Land and face Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Enugu etc

Ijaws no dey create threads about Igbo land make una stop attaching unaself abeg cheesy
Which Ijaw?
Does Ijaw have land?
Ijaw has no land anywhere except the ones they grabbed from the indigenes!
Pls don't even go there!
And FYI you are not even an Ijaw man or woman or thing! Whatever you are as the case maybe is of SW origin so stop the impersonation and be proud of your people and history no matter how miserable they are!

9 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Which Ijaw?
Does Ijaw have land?
Ijaw has no land anywhere except the ones they grabbed from the indigenes!
Pls don't even go there!
And FYI you are not even an Ijaw man or woman or thing! Whatever you are as the case maybe is of SW origin so stop the impersonation and be proud of your people and history no matter how miserable they are!
Lol grin

An Igbo man Claiming Ijaw have no Land grin

Una go dey shook una mouth for wetin no concern you, when the people una dey downgrade retaliate, una go start to dey cry about how people hate and jealous una grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
But why are you shedding tears and giving yourself HBP grin
Lol!
Stop fooling already!
I have no share in your misery!

5 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by mrvitalis(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2023
I have given up on this issue long time... I don't know any ijaw person without an Igbo relations... I mean zero

I used to have a friend from okrika he had Igbo name, spoke Igbo.. Said his village name was Ndubisi

I asked my sister inlaw who is from okrika she confirmed that okrika is made up of the ijaw and igbo part but the ijaw part is far more

That they know the Igbo okrikans as market people while the ijaws are Fisher men

Rivers history is complicated

When I told told alabo Graham Douglas was Igbo, asari was Igbo... I gave up

We done too mix it's very very very difficult to draw a line between us

7 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

Lol!
Stop fooling already!
I have no share in your misery!

Look at Your comment below

Karlman:

No time for nonsense!

you're shedding Bitter Tears because Ikwerres stood their ground they are not Igbos

You better no give yourself HBP over nothing grin

No matter how hard you wail, it won't stop Igbo Land from been landlock neither will it make Ikwerres Igbos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by paramakina202: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
grin

So the Present Governor of Rivers State is an Igbo man , he's not Ijaw by blood but by water

I wander why you guys love attaching yourself with the Ijaws grin

Nah so una dey attach unaself to the Ikwerres too grin

He is an Opobian and full blooded Igboman go and ask.

6 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Lol grin

An Igbo man Claiming Ijaw have no Land grin

Una go dey shook una mouth for wetin no concern you, when the people una dey downgrade retaliate, una go start to dey cry about how people hate and jealous una grin

I said what I said!
No time to suffer fools!
Deal with it, or die with it!
The die is cast!

5 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2023
Person from Nsukka or Abakaliki wey no sabi him own town History go dey talk about the History of Kalabari, Brass, Nembe, Bonny etc but the same person no go sabi a single history of Nsukka or Abakaliki grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

I said what I said!
No time to suffer fools!
Deal with it, or die with it!
The die is cast!
I'm calm

You have the right to say whatever you want on Nairaland, it won't change reality

Nah you dey give yourself HBP about other Ethnic Nationalities

Well, If you like, it wail from now till tomorrow

Ikwerres won't be part of Biafla because they are not Igbos

We sabi how to cure una Madness for Rivers State, go ask your fellow miscreants what happened to them in Oyigbo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

History was unfortunately removed from schools.
And for a reason too!
To bury the truth!
But for how long can the truth be buried?
Time will tell!

3 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

And for a reason too!
To bury the truth!
Time will tell!
There's no truth buried anywhere

Nah you just dey attach yourself to other Ethnic Nationalities

Igbo land start and end in the South East.

Nobody is claiming Igbo land

Una Sit At Home only take place in Igbo land every Monday, no other Ethnic Group dey follow una do the Sit At Home.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
I'm calm

You have the right to say whatever you want on Nairaland, it won't change reality

Nah you dey give yourself HBP about other Ethnic Nationalities

Well, If you like, it wail from now till tomorrow

Ikwerres won't be part of Biafla because they are not Igbos

We sabi how to cure una Madness for Rivers State, go ask your fellow miscreants what happened to them in Oyigbo.
You are supposed not to be crying over a simple truth I told you! But then that's your kettle of fish!
I really don't care what you say or think because you don't matter at all.

I was having an academic discuss with someone else before appeared from nowhere to cap shit.
I simply put you in your place!
Deal with it!

In fact I have a feeling you don't understand English at all!

6 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:
I have given up on this issue long time... I don't know any ijaw person without an Igbo relations... I mean zero

I used to have a friend from okrika he had Igbo name, spoke Igbo.. Said his village name was Ndubisi

I asked my sister inlaw who is from okrika she confirmed that okrika is made up of the ijaw and igbo part but the ijaw part is far more

That they know the Igbo okrikans as market people while the ijaws are Fisher men

Rivers history is complicated

When I told told alabo Graham Douglas was Igbo, asari was Igbo... I gave up

We done too mix it's very very very difficult to draw a line between us

Some of them do not agree there's an Igbo part

5 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
There's no truth buried anywhere

Nah you just dey attach yourself to other Ethnic Nationalities

Igbo land start and end in the South East.

Nobody is claiming Igbo land

Una Sit At Home only take place in Igbo land every Monday, no other Ethnic Group dey follow una do the Sit At Home.
Lol!
You are still asking for more?
Go home and rest, you need it right now.

5 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by AfricanColumbus: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

And for a reason too!
To bury the truth!
Time will tell!

This is now an information age. Anything hidden will be exposed.

4 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by mrvitalis(m): 11:45am On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Then that person is lying Morgan, Ndubisi and some part close to transamdi in port Harcourt speak Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Karlman: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Of course there are those! But majority of others know their history!
Even the paramount king in Ijaw has an Igbo title!
And Igbo is also the common language in Opobo kingdom!
The mix is well documented and I have read some of them myself.

4 Likes

Re: Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari by Parachoco: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2023
Karlman:

You are supposed not to be crying over a simple truth I told you! But then that's your kettle of fish!
I really don't care what you say or think because you don't matter at all.

I was having an academic discuss with someone else before appeared from nowhere to cap shit.
I simply put you in your place!
Deal with it!

In fact I have a feeling you don't understand English at all!
Ijaw is not Igbo neither is any part of Ijaw Land part of Igbo land.

Ikwerre is not also Igbo.

We both found ourselves in the Eastern Region because the British lumped us together.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The 5 Most Respected Anambra Persons / Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. / Jebba Paper Mill In Kwara To Employ Over 700

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.