Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest (451 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Truck Suffers Brake Failure, Crushes Woman To Death In Lagos (Graphic) / Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Naijadaily: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2022
https://youtube.com/shorts/oP7ghuM_Hyo?feature=share

A nursing Mother has lost both legs while scores have been critically injured in Umuahia capital of Abia State when a Tanker Conveying diesel allegedly in its bid to escape arrest from men of the Nigeria Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) rammed into shops and destroyed other vehicles in the process.

Eyewitness reports at the scene of the accident which occurred Along Warri Street in Umuahia said the Tragic incident occurred at about 4:08 PM on Friday evening.

Narrating the how it occurred the source who pleaded anonymity said the driver of the Truck while attempting to evade arrest by NSCDC operatives lost control of the vehicle due to brake failure in the process dragged a woman carrying her little child and rammed into the Police Officers Wives Association (POWA) lock up shops.

Luck however prevailed as the shop owner had left the premises leaving behind a teenager of about 14 years old to attend to customers, the Boy on his path bolted away on sighting the oncoming Tanker which was speedily driving towards his direction at the shop after it had already lost control.

To the screams of the bewildered onlookers the Truck finally waged itself neck deep into the Shop, destroying many vehicles including tricycles popularly called “kele”, Nearby buildings , injuring others, leaving the Mother and her child Bleeding profusely and the woman’s legs badly Mangled and her Intestines bulging out.

Sensing danger and fear of Mob action the driver and his Conductors disembarked from the accidented Tanker and fled for safety at the nearby central police station.

Shortly after the occurrence Men of the Nigerian Fire Service, Police And similar agencies arrived at the scene to ensure safety and breakdown of law and order.

Efforts to reach the Police and Men of The Fire Service proved abortive as they were busy assessing the level of damage and evacuating the injured to the hospital.

Watch Graphic Video here: https://twitter.com/iamkennethcole/status/1581192096144191488?t=oAc1kjV3FM1nBVSxXIGL8g&s=19

https://www.nationalherald.ng/tragedy-as-tanker-crushes-womans-legsdestroys-buildingsvehicles-while-evading-arrest-in-umuahia/

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Williamxcalper: 7:55am On Oct 15, 2022
This mornin?
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Mrkumareze(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2022
cry
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Kayberg: 8:06am On Oct 15, 2022
cry

Look at that!
Those legs are gone!!
I hope and pray she survives it.

But Nigeria as usual, instead of taking her for emergency attention at the Intensive Care Unit, here we are, still taking pictures, and assessing damages!!!

But situations at times…
One minute to the time, no one would know such would happen.
Fifteen seconds to the incident, everything will still look as a normal day, until the very time!!!

GOD save us.

That was how GOD saved me in 2015 from boarding a vehicle to Ibadan by making me board a bus driven by a slow driver to Ojota.
People were complaining and angry that he is such a slow driver as it was like baba was driving at 40KPH or even less.

I as usual, would not interfere, but very much displeased with his speed as I was to return to Lagos same day.

I finally got to Ojota garage, and I just missed this vehicle which drove out, while crossed into the park, and I was like, "If not for that slow driver, I would have caught this bus at the terminal."

So, I had to wait for the next which I had no choice but to board.

Not long though, it loaded. An elderly man prayed and we moved out.
While we were on the way, just a little off Berger, I noticed our driver received a call. He answered with a sigh, "And said OK." I felt something and noticed he reduced his speed.

It was until we got to somewhere on the road, we saw the very previous vehicle on the side of the road, crashed. Some policemen were there at the scene. Men of the FRSC too were there. An old man was on the ground, twisted (dead). Some men, women, ladies were carried into the vehicle of the FRSC and driven away.

I saw a guy and another lady, who looked unhurt. I guess they were the only ones not hurt in the accident. The guy was having a backpack. Looks like a student though.

The first thing I remembered was the slow driver. I couldn't help it but thank GOD for making me board his vehicle.

Coming back, that was how two Dangote trucks were performing road rage at each other. This was the day I knew that trucks are fast too. Our driver was now telling us that, "If they had had issues or misunderstanding at their depot, this is how they fight on the road."

Every vehicle were on speed.
Some women in the cab were telling our driver to let them go first. But the man just said he will pass them by. Short, he overtook them and passed them by, only for one of them to leave the other and started chasing us.

Men!!! it wasn't funny!!!

Come and see how able bodied men and women were crying and screaming at the top of their voices! We were 8 in the cab, together with the driver.

The Dangote truck driver was directly trying to knock us off the road. He tried coming beside us, to hit our cab from the left side, but each time he tried to swerve right, he would miss. After trying tree good times, he stopped chasing.

Since that day, I stopped pitying truck drivers.
Most of them are murderers on wheels.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Creamypie(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2022
Nigeria::::: A cursed country
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by ecolime(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2022
Please add Graphics to the title.

They should amputate her legs before it gets infected.

May God continue to watch over us. Lord, Please let the woman and her baby survive this horror.

May Nigeria never happen to us cry
Re: Tanker Crushes Woman’s Legs,destroys Buildings,vehicles While Evading Arrest by Untube: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
Creamypie:
Nigeria::::: A cursed country
Nigeria, a blessed country

(1) (Reply)

Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths / . / I Use The Lagos BRT Bus From Mile2 To Marina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.