Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us (3011 Views)

Atiku Wants Peter Obi As Running Mate In 2027. / Obi Is Ipob And Ipob Hates Nigeria / Lead Us Out Of APC, Kwara Party Leaders Tell Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Idiko1: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
N3TRAL:
I read her Purple Hibiscus as a 12 year old. Her Tedtalk on the danger of a single story is undeniably the most captivating gospel against stereotypes I've heard till date.

From following her since my childhood till this day, I can tell you there's no reason for her rejection of the National Honour other than the resentment she has for the Nigerian State like every other Igbo person I've met.

The last time she spoke at the NBA conference, she said Nigeria does not respect her heroes by making reference at the same meeting to the Late Dora Akunyili who was villified for her good works. Who are the people who killed her husband? Who are the people who attempted to assassinate her? Like every Igbo person, she blamed Nigeria for not honouring Akunyili when it was her very own fake drugs manufacturing brothers that perpetuated the scariest evils against her.
From her submission that day, I solidified my conviction that she's not different from other Igbos who use the words " Nigerians" to cover their misdeeds , "Igbo Amaka" to receive commendation and "Biafra" to blackmail.

If Biafra was a country, she would never reject Biafra's award even if it was the poorest and most despotic country on Earth.

Her greatest influence is Achebe. He hated Nigeria with passion, she does too.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie specifically influences the invitation of Peter Obi to events in American Universities where he does not fail to present Nigeria like a village in the Amazon rainforest with residents living in stone age civilization. Peter Obi, in those meetings, tells the audience about the "barbaric and primitive" North he has disdain for , the "oppressive and two-faced" west his people have made fortunes from for decades, and the "innocent and prosperous" East who do not kill hijab wearing women and their families without provocation.

Patriotic Nigerians, your thoughts are not out of order. The enemies of Nigeria want to hijack Nigeria and siphon our treasury before burning our country to ashes.

Do not let them win! Secure the future of your children!

If at all Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie hates the shithole called, I guess the act was precipitated by the goons had led the tyrannical governments of the so-called nation against Ndigbo. There is a reason Ndigbo readily call for self-determination. The only that will solve the nonsense you vomited in the above post is disintegration. Why would I want to be a compatriot to a jackass who has above stream of thought?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Idiko1: 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, try and look in the mirror. If you claim others hate, marginalise and maltreat you, especially if a supremacists bigots who insist Igbos have the capacity to turn any geographical space into Dubai, then why not simply remain in the SE to make it the envy of Africa?

What would be easier than using your " intellectual superiority" and "limitless wealth" , that you brag about non-stop, to make the SE a mini autonomous region as Lagos is now a bona-fide nation-state richer than most African Countries?

At the heart of everything to do with you people is insincerity and a spirit that is always restive and destructive once it is not leading and controlling the lives of other Nigerians.

If you guys are sincere, focused and principled then the SE should be the biggest Oasis in the African desert given how you brag delusionally about "superiority" over others.

How difficult is it for the 'brilliance' and "supreme wealth" of Igbos to combine to then transform the SE into the most progressive and successful geographical space in Africa and even the world?

I shall suggest you make good use of your brain and history textbooks. Ndigbo were attributed to all forms of scorn at birth of Nigeria. They claimed Igbo is the third largest in Nigeria in demography yet want to dominate other ethnic groups. After the 1966 coups in Nigeria, there have more than one coup in the shithole called Nigeria, yet none led to pogrom or war.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2022
Idiko1:

I shall suggest you make good use of your brain and history textbooks. Ndigbo were attributed to all forms of scorn at birth of Nigeria. They claimed Igbo is the third largest in Nigeria in demography yet want to dominate other ethnic groups. After the 1966 coups in Nigeria, there have more than one coup in the shithole called Nigeria, yet none led to pogrom or war.

I have never gone anywhere to argue that Igbo were not, to an extent, victims of maltreatment.

My point, which shows you are never the innocent victims you insist you are, is your distinct refusal to be like the Japanese, Germans etal who lost wars of dominance, similar to your civil war secession push, and then went on to isolate/insulate themselves and use their innate brilliance and sincerity to build great and economically dominant nations.

Anyone can make a mistake but all the world see you Igbos do is never atoning for mistakes or miscalculations. Instead you continue to hate on others and insist they are your problem.

Yet you cannot stay away from those others, as the Japanese and German did, to show charity begins at home and specifically from the SE.

Bro, you guys are jokers. To be taken seriously in life always, and to prevent becoming an object of ridicule and mockery, people must walk the walk after talking the talk.

It is something you Igbos never do. For your offensive noise, why can't you actualize the simple concept of Igbos "superior" business billions combining with Igbo "superior" intellect to make the SE similar to Singapore?

Always excuses, hinged on blaming and demonizing others, for you lot. Yet you won't stay in your region to transform it and you won't stay away from others you claim mean you harm and illwill.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by ljoh: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
Stupid talk, Chimamanda hate Buhari not Nigeria
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Heavendipper(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hyperchi:

A brithish soldier rejected the medal the queen gave him. In other to send a massage. What do u think if Soyinka that was just getting our of prison was given a medal by another military govt. Do u think he will receive it. They did that to send a massage and they have a base that share such believes which exceed what u and I think.
Well he was not honoured in a military regime,was he ?ND pls tell me what message was Achebe trying to pass....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by GoodLife4live: 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Lol yet dem don almost buy 80 percent of lagos ....while una dey cry ,odeh ....by 2034 igbos go don buy the entire lagos ....then we go know whether na by forbes list odeh
Audio buyer....you better stop fake life.... Last purchasing power show say your people for alaigbo no get money to eat not to talk of buying house...

5% CROONER
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Reflect7: 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Donsoby:
Igbos always a nightmares to "UNA", ...let them go with their troubles and wahala, no, let them stay in peace in the contraceptive, still no way. All these is because Chimamanda refused the national honour, if she had come for it, you will still find a way to demonise her. If Igbos talk, problem, if they keep quiet , still Wahala. Waiting we do?

SHUT UP. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU FROM SECEDING. THE PROBLEM IS YOU WANT TO STEAL THE NIGER DELTA REGION AS WELL, AND NIGERIA SAYS NO!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by Reflect7: 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2022
limeta:
After killing 3 million of their people you want them to love you .
That's why you can't let them go cause you are afraid of them you know their capabilities you know they will come for a pound of flesh.
Face your fear let them go .

NNAMDI KANU WAS OFFERED BIAFRA IN PRISON IN 2017. FG SAID HE COULD GO WITH THE 5 IGBO STATES. HE REFUSED, SAYING HE MUST HAVE THE SOUTH SOUTH AND BENUE.

THAT IS THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.

LYING THIEVES.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/rejected-biafra-5-igbo-states-nnamdi-kanu/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by xelly: 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2022
She is African American that want the best for her country.

Where she is, she is not affected by the problems facing Nigeria and she is at the apex of her career. Na you wey never see garri smoke na you dey drag her?

She actually made the best choice for you
support her choice of candidate
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Hates Nigeria But Wants Peter Obi To Lead Us by limeta(f): 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Reflect7:

NNAMDI KANU WAS OFFERED BIAFRA IN PRISON IN 2017. FG SAID HE COULD GO WITH THE 5 IGBO STATES. HE REFUSED, SAYING HE MUST HAVE THE SOUTH SOUTH AND BENUE.

THAT IS THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.

LYING THIEVES.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/rejected-
biafra-5-igbo-states-nnamdi-kanu/

Offered Biafra what nonsense
Referendum is what is needed , who are those offering as if is theirs to give .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Commissions More Roads In Akwa, Obosi And Abagana / Wole Soyinka Has Been Released (photo) / Bua Cement Price Reduction Infective. SEE WHY!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.