Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth (7931 Views)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Tinubu Promises Double-digit Economic Growth At Kaduna Rally / Tinubu: My Agenda For National Transformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Zydote: 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2022
...APC Presidential Candidate pledges full financial automony for judiciary

...says Kaduna people will reap El-Rufai's economic efforts

All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has promised to build a vibrant economy that will achieve a double-digit growth when he becomes Nigeria's president.

Asiwaju Tinubu said this in his speech at the 7th edition of Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit (KadInvest 7.0) on Saturday in Kaduna.

The APC presidential flagbearer hailed Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai for raising the bar in attracting investments to the state the same way he did in Lagos over 20 years ago.

"It is a great honour for me to be invited to give a speech on this occasion and it was a great pleasure listening to Governor Nasir El-Rufa'i as he shared with us the vision of how Kaduna State will attract and sustain investments.

"I would like to congratulate Kaduna State on this special occasion of the 7th edition of Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit (KadInvest 7.0). The theme for this year - Building a Resilient Economy – is very timely and appropriate. In a period of uncertainty in the global economy, it is important that we pursue a path of economic independence and insulation from global headwinds.

"I am particularly happy to be in an economic summit such as this. It reminds me of when we initiated Ehingbeti Lagos Economic Summit more than 20 years ago in Lagos State. Through the summit, Lagos State has been able to deliver landmark developmental projects in power generation, critical road infrastructure, street lightning, and clean energy initiatives, amongst others.

"Therefore, I am sure that under the able leadership of Your Excellency, Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufa'I, the leadership of the KADIPA, and subsequent administrations, Kaduna State will successfully collaborate with the private sector to usher in the investments in the priority sectors of technology, agriculture, manufacturing, infrastructure and solid minerals. These investments will in turn drive rapid economic growth and prosperity, providing jobs and opportunities for the good people of Kaduna State," Tinubu said.

On the role of the private sector in the country's economic development, Tinubu praised President Muhammadu Buhari for giving maximum support to them to flourish.

According to him, laws put in place by the Buhari administration helped to improve the ease of doing business in the country.

He said if elected, his administration will build on this, making it better for the private sector to excel.

"A vibrant private sector is a prerequisite for a functional state, playing a critical role in the mobilisation of capital, expertise and innovation for the creation of economic opportunities and employment. This is why it is important for the government to give maximum support and incentives to the private sector.

"In this light, President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration introduced a number of measures targeted at promoting private enterprises and businesses including the Repeal and Re-Enactment of the Companies & Allied Matters Act (CAMA), 2020, the passage of the Finance Act 2021, as well as the implementation of over 100 initiatives to improve ease of doing business in Nigeria.

"My desire is that the next administration, under my leadership, will continue to drive forward and accelerate on the progress made thus far, taking bold steps and initiatives to encourage investments in new areas typically considered risky, and leading the way by providing the enabling environment to nurture our innate entrepreneurial spirit.

"It is essential that our nation continues to champion the rule of law and sanctity of contracts, for these are the pre- requisites for creating a business-friendly economic environment.

"Whilst there must be active engagement between all the arms of government for the rule of law to prevail, it is critical for the judiciary to retain its autonomy and independence.

"Therefore, under my stewardship, the federal government will build on the efforts of the current administration to review, amend and/or enact the relevant laws that will engender the rule of law.

"My administration would ensure that the judiciary has true financial and administrative autonomy and strong disciplinary and integrity monitoring mechanisms," Asiwaju Tinubu added.

He itemised his administration's plans for the ensuring security returns to the country, stating the role of a secured nation in economic growth and development.

He noted that his administration will prioritise the training and retraining of the country's security forces.

"We will be committed to introducing cross-sector initiatives that will address the economic and social constraints that prevent people from advancing or opting for crime.

Under my leadership, the government will place great emphasis on the use of a counter-insurgency doctrine and strategy by our military. We will continue to train and equip our gallant forces and security personnel with the resources, gear, and equipment that they need to hasten our inevitable march to resounding victory against enemies of our great nation. Where necessary, we will recruit and train more personnel to bridge any gaps in manpower.

"Furthermore, my administration will prioritise the use of superior aerial technology to deter criminal and terrorist activities, as well as to monitor and protect our critical national infrastructure including our network of pipelines, our power stations, our transmission and distribution networks, our sea and airports, our rail networks and other vital infrastructure," he added.

"I will marshal a team of the most talented of Nigerians - men, women and youths – no matter their tribe and affiliations, to reset our nation on a path to achieve double-digit economic growth within a couple of years. We will do this through a coordinated set of policies in key sectors.

"We will champion an efficient government that will eliminate revenue and expense leakages across all federal government areas, leveraging technology, which will be increasingly embedded into government operations.

"In oil & gas, we will prioritise gas distribution and availability to power our industries.

"In agriculture, we will provide incentives for investments, machinery and equipment, expand and empower commodity boards, enhance our strategic grains reserves, encourage the formation of farm cooperatives and expand the scope and depth of access to finance for our farmers.

"In housing, we will introduce policies that will make it easier to transfer title and carry out transactions on landed properties. We will work with the private sector to significantly expand mortgage financing and we will provide credits and incentives to encourage real estate developers.

"We will collaborate with key technology partners to develop policies that promote the use and integration of technology across other sectors within the nation. We will work to accelerate the work that is being done with the private sector to train our youth and promote innovation through sponsored incubator hubs and science technology parks.

The APC candidate urged all Nigerians to join hands with him to work together to achieve the collective vision of building the Nigeria of our dreams.

Signed

Tinubu Media Office
Tunde Rahman
October 15, 2022

https://www.facebook.com/509061796/posts/pfbid0aJjvoP6o8rLWiSWv6wcMbvZaEH82SSHAR3dpT6wc48c8ffe2MhKcWtpR5BdKeEwql/

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
Same way you achieved double digit profit in drug dealing business in faraway united States

Yeah right

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by phorget(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
Lol... ideas he failed to convey to our darling bubu. grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
phorget:
Lol... ideas he failed to convey to our darling bubu. grin grin grin
The criminal bastard from Iragbiji must really think this is Lagos that he stole everything and hand over to his family and friends

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Decentdave(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
M
Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by tribalmall: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Thank God even you unwise Igbo father know Lagos as been growing in double digits, if Buhari chose not to implement Tinubu policies please take the misery in you hatefilled to him. He is your president not Tinubu

NaijaRoyalty:

The criminal bastard from Iragbiji must really think this is Lagos that he stole everything and hand over to his family and friends

30 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
The proof of his proclamation lies in the double digits percentage of Lagos state internal state revenue between 1999 - 2007. Giving a chance, Tinubu as a president, guided by precedent, will surely turnaround Nigeria economic growth and development. For this very reason, I am voting the man of vision, JAGABAN

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Tinubuagbado: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
tribalmall:
Thank God even you unwise Igbo father know Lagos as been growing in double digits, if Buhari chose not to implement Tinubu policies please take the misery in you hatefilled to him. He is your president not Tinubu

Tinubu that couldn't even speak. Very incoherent jargons that got all APC members there confused.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Tinubuagbado: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Did you listen to him at all?
BAT said he needs Nasir El-Rufai’s creativity and intelligence to turn the rot of this country into a BAD one what kind of grammar is that⁉️
The same way Buhari said he will take Nigeria from Top to Bottom and he did.

Nigerians vote wisely

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Majesty2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2022
Asiwaju is unstoppable
Insha allah, he is the next president of this great country

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Majesty2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 15, 2022
Asiwaju is a moving train that can never be stopped

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Simeon88(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2022
Baba na wash
Ko le work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by MasterJayJay: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Say what?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Throwback: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
If it is from Tinubu, then it is achievable.

We know Olodo GCE, and we know Ologo BSc.

Ologo BSc worked as a Finance technocrat and administrative guru.

Even his adversaries say the Jagaban is Jagbajantis.

In the immortal words of Sound Sultan,

"Everybody oya ooo join Jagbajantis to solve mathematics wey dey dabaru our continent"

Tinubu has already done it in Lagos. He will do it for Nigeria.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Throwback: 12:03am On Oct 16, 2022
FOLYKAZE:
The proof of his proclamation lies in the double digits percentage of Lagos state internal state revenue between 1999 - 2007. Giving a chance, Tinubu as a president, guided by precedent, will surely turnaround Nigeria economic growth and development. For this very reason, I am voting the man of vision, JAGABAN

We Nigerian youths know who will provide us jobs.

We know why we storm Lagos for opportunities instead of Anambra where the youths lament bitterly and escape to Asian prisons as a better alternative.

Tinubu is a man with vision. The candidate with the track record of performance.

We Nigerian youths are not going to destroy our future. We will vote wisely.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by XerXers: 12:10am On Oct 16, 2022
Another empty promise. Nigerians are wiser

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ratiken(m): 5:31am On Oct 16, 2022
Imagine the guts of these criminals...... same old archaic failed old promises amidst the anguish and pain bestowed by same people.

I blame the voters...... but its time to say enough is enough. The oppressor cannot be the saviour. The difference between Obi and the other two is like day and night. Anyone with a head on his shoulder should have no issues making a choice of these three candidates.

If Nigerian voters ever repeat the mistake of 2015 in 2023, then hell will dwell amongst men (Nigerians). With the current debt levels, security issues, crude theft, exit of investors, FDI decline, economic collapse and rot in every aspect of the society, the suffering to be experienced cannot be wished on an enemy.

Vote wisely...... NIGERIANS, YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO VOTE WISELY

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by DevilSignature: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2022
angry
A near grave man like Bola Ahmed Tunibu is not what we take serious. He is suffering from dementia

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by QuikMedia: 5:36am On Oct 16, 2022
Baba no dey Use 'We Nigeria Youth' Speak for yourself... Because No reasonable Nigerian Youth will Support this Man God Forbid BAT Thing...Let All Vote Wisely
Throwback:

We know why we storm Lagos for opportunities instead of Anambra where the youths lament bitterly and escape to Asian prisons as a better alternative.

Tinubu is a man with vision. The candidate with the track record of performance.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by adioolayi(m): 5:37am On Oct 16, 2022
Go to forums like this and talk more...

These is all what voters ask for

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Alwaysready(m): 5:39am On Oct 16, 2022
grin

El-Rufai Is an expert in turning a rotten situation to a bad one

This statement should be trending on social media by now.

Tor!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 5:39am On Oct 16, 2022
FOLYKAZE:

What's the correlation between his proclamation and "the double digits percentage of Lagos state internal state revenue between 1999 - 2007"?

What do you mean by "the double digits percentage"?

Can you pls tell us a bit about alpha beta?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 5:42am On Oct 16, 2022
Throwback:

Can you confirm that before 1999, no nigerian came to Lagos to look for opportunities? Was it from 1999 that people started migrating to Lagos to explore opportunities?

How is Tinubu a man of vision? What are his track record of performance?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by kristisking(m): 5:42am On Oct 16, 2022
They have started their nonsense promises to deceive gullible Nigerians. We can't be fooled this time around. 'We are going to do the roads, we are going to do the power, I will make one naira equal to a dollar' and so many empty promises from this APC led administration. And yet coming with another one again. God forbid!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Deltavariant(m): 5:43am On Oct 16, 2022
No disrespect intended but how on earth can Tinubu achieve double digit growth when the global economy is facing a slump and imminent recession next year, even the IMF have projected a moderate growth rate of 3% for Nigeria in 2023 and a budget full of deficits. insecurity, corruption and mismanagement that has plagued this country. Tinubu must realistic in selling out himself considering our population growth, these fairy tales can't take us anyway.
P.S. -Any candidate that promises a smooth road is not worthy and realistic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by CheapHomes1: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2022
Throwback:
If it is from Tinubu, then it is achievable.

We know Olodo GCE, and we know Ologo BSc.

Ologo BSc worked as a Finance technocrat and administrative guru.

Even his adversaries say the Jagaban is Jagbajantis.

In the immortal words of Sound Sultan,

"Everybody oya ooo join Jagbajantis to solve mathematics wey dey dabaru our continent"

Tinubu has already done it in Lagos. He will do it for Nigeria.

What exactly is it that Tinubu did in Lagos in his 8yeats?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2022
Useless emilokan drug criminal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by jchioma: 5:45am On Oct 16, 2022
0ga, talk is cheap and it's easy to make promises you can't keep. Nigerians are wiser now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Jones4190(m): 5:49am On Oct 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Same way you achieved double digit profit in drug dealing business in faraway united States

Yeah right
I WAS RAPE, THREATENED AND FORCED TO CARRY DRUGS BY PETER OBI.- CHINENYE EZEWUZIE CONFESSED
19th August 2016 May30.
go and verify

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2022
Ona don come again, shey this format never cast?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth by MarketDispatch: 5:51am On Oct 16, 2022
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Disgraced Humiliated At Emir Of Ilorin Palace / Could He Be The Future Governor Of The CBN? / Stu*pid Nyesom Wike And His Boy Fubara Sim Fights Dirty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.