Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points (7972 Views)

CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target / CBN Begins Fund Disbursement To Smes, Households Affected By Coronavirus Outbrea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by bigpicture001: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2022
POS business is about to end
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by basty: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2022
divinehand2003:
Eventually, cash will be phased out. The cashless economy will be hard for Nigerians. Cyber crime and hacking will increase. Governments can deal with citizens by just blocking your bank account and wiping out all your cash if you are an opposition to them. In the end, physical cash is better than cashless economy.

Bloody illiterate
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by wheelchairboy(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2022
mariahAngel:

Prophet of doom. Only seeing the negative side of things.

Actually, it is what is operating in China. It is called the social credit system. If you say anything against the government you will be blacklisted, your account frozen and your name published as an offender so that people will avoid you.

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2022
At first I thought E-Naira is a "type" of cryptocurrency coin, I don't see it more than Naira in online account, just like Palmpay and Opay.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by wheelchairboy(m): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2022
basty:

Bloody illiterate

Invest in physical assets ooo, when CBDC takes over, your money is in government hands, na why NIN id cards look like ATM cards.
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by duketerry22(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Enaira that for how many months I just said lemme put small cash in it to test these guys, months later I've been calling no response, sending no emails, to even reply sef it's only automated ones I get. Now I can't even get the money out.. Lemme see any of these so called 'agents anywhere I am first

1 Like

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by wheelchairboy(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
At first I thought E-Naira is a "type" of cryptocurrency coin, I don't see it more than Naira in online account, just like Palmpay and Opay.

It is. It is Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). The IMF is pushing it so that cryptocurrencies can be outlawed for good.
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2022
wheelchairboy:

It is. It is Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC). The IMF is pushing it so that cryptocurrencies can be outlawed for good.
If one can swap it for USDT and other cryptocurrencies, I think it could be "useful". If it is just Naira on screen, I don't see much importance...

4 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by mmsen: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2022
francisbarrack:

State d positive aspect too. U don't have to call people's name to prove points

There will be no need to go to the bank to take out large sums of cash, which decreases the likelihood of people being robbed or banks being robbed.

Faster, more seamless transactions.

Greater transparency. Could/should lead to a decrease in public corruption.

No more nonsense about shops not having "change".

2 Likes

Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by bhadguy6(m): 7:52am On Oct 17, 2022
Those people handling the affairs of this COUNTRY are very thoughtless, none of them can think outside the box and see that Nigerians are not ready to move to a cashless economy. Our leaders are jokes
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by bitbillionaire: 7:56am On Oct 17, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Let them use Enaira to pay the salaries and allowances of all CBN staff. Then from there to Ministry of Finance.
That is how to ensure adoption.

Nice suggestion. Charity must begin at home grin

But I like the enaira concept though. The world must ultimately go cashless to save the trees the world central banks are using to print all these notes!
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by Ijaya123: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2022
CBN is still flogging a dead horse. Godwin Emefailure is truly clueless.
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by urbobo20(m): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2022
I won't support this . Yesterday I went to charge my phone in one bet9ja center , there over head my warri people of if how they are cashing out on opey and the rest wallets
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by King44(m): 9:22am On Oct 17, 2022
Enaira. A bird that won't fly without the involvement of youths and gvt sitting upright. Unfortunately, youth dislike the new financial policies and the gvt so it's a failed attempt from the start. It would yield minor results.

Isn't it a joke to transact, save and use the enaira when the naira is performing badly
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by YeyeGbami: 9:42am On Oct 17, 2022
divinehand2003:
Eventually, cash will be phased out. The cashless economy will be hard for Nigerians. Cyber crime and hacking will increase. Governments can deal with citizens by just blocking your bank account and wiping out all your cash if you are an opposition to them. In the end, physical cash is better than cashless economy.

CASH IS KING
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by do4luv14(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
This is the worst CBN ever yet to emerge, Inflation is very high, Economy is nothing to write about, The naira is getting weaker,

And the best they could come up with is Enaira,
chaiii, who do us this thing
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by Germi9: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2022
No more ghana must go?
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by sunnyprof: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fake news!!

if you are doing eelcronic or online banking, that is e-naira. there is special policy on enaira anywhere
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by oriewanbe: 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Let them use Enaira to pay the salaries and allowances of all CBN staff. Then from there to Ministry of Finance.
That is how to ensure adoption.
Even if they use it to pay ministers, if there's no interest or some inducement on funds kept in the wallets very few people will adopt. They can do 1% per annum as interest on funds kept in wallets for a start if they are really serious.
Re: CBN Begins Grassroot Enaira Adoption With 7,740 Agent Points by Oesophagus99(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
ah no ged probs with tha Eshege..

my only prayers be say mek Yahoo boiz fit crack into the server the release money to this Godforsaken kontry..

without Yahoo-Naija economy na sorry arse; half baked Bacons

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? / Gtbank Internet Banking Portal Is Down? / 9 Things You Need To Know Before Starting Your Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.