Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west (22012 Views)

6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members / Adamu Has Rendered APC NWC Redundant – Tinubu’s Men Cry Out / PMB's Men Plot Capture Of Petroleum Sector With Controversial Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by dre11(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
LEKE BAIYEWU and ADEBAYO FOLORUNSHO-FRANCIS

The camp of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says it’s not losing sleep over the growing popularity of Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

However, the APC campaign team said it had devised strategies to stem the ‘Obidient’ movement ahead of the 2023 general elections.

An APC chieftain, who is also one of Tinubu’s strategists, while speaking to Sunday PUNCH on the condition of anonymity, said a strategy had been devised to neutralise Obi’s influence.

He said, “Let me tell you what we are considering now to neutralise the movement. Two things will be involved in the electoral campaigns: issues and sentiments. There is always voter apathy in the South-West and if at all there is going to be an increase (in voters’ turnout) in the South-West now, it is going to be pro-Asiwaju because the Igbo people are stamping on our authority in our zone. I am not joking.

Let me tell you about the ‘Obidients’, the ‘Obidients’ are a movement that cannot be swept under the carpet and I can tell you that they will shift the political terrain of this country.

“The campaign method of the Obi supporters will help the APC in Lagos. The average Yoruba in Lagos, even if they don’t like Asiwaju, they are bent on voting for him to silence the Igbo in Lagos at once. They reduced Obi’s chances by saying Lagos belongs to everybody; it is not a bonus for Obi. If there is going to be any increase, which I am sure voter apathy will reduce in this election, tribal and religious sentiments will play an important role. The turnout won’t favour Obi.

“The average Igbo man is also not talking about Biafra or IPOB now; they are talking about Peter Obi. So, definitely, the Igbo will come out to vote and they will vote for Obi (of the LP) and the PDP in the East. Our campaign now is that we don’t have a choice in Yorubaland and the South-West apart from the APC. The APC is the only party that has given us the opportunity to have a candidate.

“So, apart from Asiwaju, the South-West does not have any other person (in the presidential contest). That is the campaign I am going to personally lead now – sentiment. Without Asiwaju, the Yoruba will have nothing (after 2023). It is not about Asiwaju being good or bad, the Yoruba are stuck with him. I am not joking; it is common sense.”

The spokesman for the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, also dismissed the prospect of Obi winning Lagos and some states in the South-West.

Keyamo told one of our correspondents in a phone chat on Friday that the average Nigerian knew that the ruling APC was the party to beat ahead in the presidential election.

According to him, the fact that the ‘Obidient’ movement and all Labour Party foot soldiers were able to manage a few successful solidarity rallies in Lagos doesn’t mean Tinubu is losing his strongholds in the South-West.

Keyamo said, “We are having no sleepless night at all. We are sleeping very well as we are confident of victory.

“Nobody is losing sleep that Lagos or any of our strongholds will be lost.”

The Deputy spokesperson for the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, Hannatu Musawa, agreed with Keyamo.

In an interview with Sunday PUNCH, Musawa described the Obidient movement as a regional and social media creation.

She said, “I told you before that, constitutionally, you must have a geographical spread. As much as Obi is popular in the South, there are many parts of the country where he is unpopular. This election is going to be won and lost in the North. That is the bottom line. It is the reality, whether we like it or not. The Constitution and the Electoral Act’s requirement for election are not just to have a million people march for you. You need to have a fairly number of votes coming from a certain number of states.

“And for us in the APC, we know Obi doesn’t have that. I cannot see him winning any state in the North, with the exception of Benue, Plateau and, maybe, Taraba, that are needed to win a national election. I can’t even see him getting 25 per cent in any of the North-West states.

“We all saw the number of registered voters in INEC register when it came out, didn’t we? You will also agree with me that the majority of them are in the North. That is the reality on the ground and we have to work with that.”

Another APC chieftain, who also spoke anonymously, argued that Obi was making waves just because he is the only presidential candidate from the South-East.

He said, “These are people who originally did not want to be part of Nigeria; they are just showing interest now because Obi is involved. They did not believe in one Nigeria; they are just showing interest in one Nigeria now. Is that the zone you want to entrust Nigeria in their hands?”

The politician added that the ruling APC would exploit the crisis in the PDP to snatch votes from the South-East and the South-South where the opposition party has a stronghold.

Reacting to the report, Obi’s media aide, Emeka Obasi, disclosed that they were not ready to take issues with any member of the ruling party, especially those seeking their downfall.

According to him, his principal is a simple man whose campaign will remain focused on issues and inanities.

He said, “The issue there is that my principal, Mr Peter Obi, is not into this game for do-or-die. He has said it before and will continue saying it. He will rather do something right and lose than do something wrong to win.

“Nobody is stopping the APC from using whatever strategy they want to employ, provided it is within the law. If they campaign and do whatever they plan to do to win, it is their own problem. We are not trying whatever they deem lawful to do.

“Our own strategy is to campaign to the people issue-based by pointing out Nigeria’s problems and possible solutions to overcome them. That is what our principal has been doing. The more he talks, the more he visits and walk the talk. That’s how he’s winning converts.”

https://punchng.com/tinubus-men-plot-obis-fall-in-south-west/?amp

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Bobloco: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
APC is jittery

259 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by CanineOfJackal: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2022
Poverty is on the increase

Hardship is poking at your ribs

Unemployment and hunger is staring you at the face

And all you can think of is sentimental voting.

You are a Fool.

A Big Fool

There will be no Nigeria soon with the way the establishment is entrenching endemic poverty.

Vote wisely

Vote Peter Obi

408 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Trinitycian: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2022
As Atiku dun take over North, Tinubu wan fallback to him base. But too late. Obi dun take over South grin

The APC chieftain is hiding under anonymity but his mannerism "I am not joking" has given him away. cheesy

265 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Deltafirstson(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
Apc can only win South West states.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by FalseProphet1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
By the time Tinubu start granting drilling interviews, even the south west he's calling his base would disown him.

This I have seen.

263 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Okoyeebo: 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
Obi has already lost the SW

390 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Klington: 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2022

Surely, they shall gather but their failure will be disastrous.

Peter Obi is on a DIVINE MANDATE

Nobody can stop what God has carefully put together.

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Okoyeebo: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Deltafirstson:
Apc can only win South West states.

APC will win 3 states in the SS
2 will be won narrowly.
APC will spring surprises in the SE. Will get 25% in all SE states.

383 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Yorubas dey support their grandpa before na except the selfless non tribalistic non sentimental wise ones

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lol
Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lol...they will only plot their own shameful downfall. Peter Obi is the chosen one.

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by tolexy007(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Okoyeebo:
Obi has already lost the SW

We go vote for am

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Eriokanmi: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
They'd fail oo. It won't happen. Lagos is a major point and we do know this. We've written to INEC, seeking deployment of military to some locations to forestall any outbreak of electoral violence . We don't need only police in those volatile areas.

Osun would have been another interesting state but as it is, they've lost grip already in osun, Tinubu's home state. Did the apc win ondo and oyo in 2019? I just want to ask urchins

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by suleimanwaziri: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0Nsxa1d8U

Man shares video of his mum’s joyful reaction after receiving iPhone from her kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by id4sho(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
wink
Yorubas again, they will vote on tribal lines.
BAT will be challenged in Lagos

20 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Shampoo77: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Just wasting their time, they should channel their efforts to Maiduguri.

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by ecolime(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Lol

Same men wey no fit deliver Osun (Tinubu's home state) for him?

I keep saying this; the best Tinubu can get in any of the SW state is 40%. We sane & non-tribal Yorubas have rejected him and he will be disgraced like thief wey steal Maggi for Oyingbo market.

Truth of the matter is Tinubu no longer has strong boys. All he has now are puppets that are lightweight Politically.

Greedy man alienated all our leaders and his key associates just because he wants to be the Sole godfather of South West. The only person he has till date is Pa Bisi Akande and Baba sef don pipe low.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Mrmanability: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Na wa oo obi has become the greatest treats now.. naija politics.

Alot of drama ahead
I just pray the best should emerge

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by bewla(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
E
Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by suleimanwaziri: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0i63N6ODk
Artiste storms Davido’s ‘Banana Island mansion’ to beg for free verse (Watch video)

A young artiste has shared his experience trying to locate music star, David ‘Davido’ Adeleke’s mansion in Banana Island, Lagos state.

He revealed that he wanted Davido to bless him with a free verse on his song, so he decided to take the risk of visiting the award-winning singer’s house.

#davido
Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by makene125: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Vv

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
nng
Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by othermen: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Each candidate is plotting the others fall.
Obi would be dumb not to be doing so too.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by fredoooooo: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
These bush babies don start to dey cry Tinubu name again...
Akanbi eni peri rẹ nibi .. iwo na , iwo m papa iwo nna
eni ba pe kooku , yio siwaju re ku grin cheesy grin cheesy

356 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
This is the main reason why APC lost Osun.

Thïefnubu was busy wishing Obidients to Labour to death but Tinubu was the one that ended up Labouring to death.

PDP is your main opposition and not Labour Party.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Okoyeebo: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Yorubas dey support their grandpa before na except the selfless non tribalistic non sentimental wise ones

Cry me a river.

346 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by Starships24: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
How when where

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by babyfaceafrica: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
Obi cannot win any state in SW.. Next!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by bewla(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
Reinaldo:
Lol...they will only plot their own shameful downfall. Peter Obi is the chosen onde.
Re: Tinubu’s Men Plot Obi’s Fall In South-west by phransix2: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2022

Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them.
Proverbs 26:27

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: We’ve Fulfilled Our Own Part Of Tinubu’s Conditions – Wike / Melaye Tears PDP Constitution At APC Rally / Crowd Hails Enugu Governor As He Visits Kenyatta Market (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.