Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo (5481 Views)

Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife / Court Lifts Ban On Obasanjo’s Autobiography, ‘My Watch’ / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by itiswell1(m): 6:48am On Aug 18, 2011
General Ibrahim Babangida has been roundly condemned over his scurrilous attack on former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
IBB had in an interview to mark his 70th birthday described Obasanjo’s eight- year rule as a failure.

But reacting yesterday, Senator Kola Ogunwale defended Obasanjo saying he did very well. In fact, he charged the Minna-born general to beg Allah for forgiveness for the untold hardship his regime brought on Nigerians.

“For eight years that General Babangida was in the saddle, there was no iota of developmental programme that he put in place, except maradonic tendencies, that has thrown up mediocres in the corridors of power, without any commensurate achievements to show for it,” he said.

According to the Osun-born senator, “It is the same General Babangida that threw the whole nation into jeopardy through the criminal annulment of June 12, 1993 presidential election and in the process, made Nigeria to lose one of its finest citizens in person of the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola. “General Babangida should stop taking Nigerians for a ride through his unguarded utterances. Obasanjo ensured stability in our body polity and whether we like it or not, he has ensured that democracy come to stay with one civilian administration handling over to another.

“General Babangida needs to do a rethink on his years in power and use the Ramadan period to ask Allah for forgiveness concerning the hardship he brought on the ways of Nigerians. He should keep silent forever and watch events as they unfold under the divinely ordained leadership According to the statement: “Obasanjo became the Head of State in 1976 and handed over rulership voluntarily in 1979, thereby, fulfilling the norms of democracy, while General Babangida conducted the fairest and freest election in 1993, yet he refused to handover. General Babangide was the ruler of Nigeria for eight years, during which we witnessed increase in our external debt and decrease in our external reserve.

“In 1999 Nigeria external debt was N34billion, which Obasanjo cleared through hard negotiation with the Paris Club of creditors. He subsequently left an external reserve of N45billion when he left office in 2007.
“As a leader who believes in industrial revolution and worked towards it, Chief Obasanjo wouldn’t have toyed with the power sector reliability.

The problem with power sector are so extricating in a vast country like Nigeria. And can we rule out sabotage in some of the measures taken by Obasanjo at improving the power sector as a school of thought believes. Giving the fact that Obasanjo may not be a saint and that he does not possess monopoly of wisdom, it may be that most of these power project contracts were abandoned or sabotaged without his knowledge.”

Ogunwale expressed optimism that President Goodluck Jonathan will try his best to accomplish his transformation project, without meddling from the types of General Babangida. “This is not the time for General Babangida to put his well-known horse-trading skills and power intrigues, which was his survivalist norm when in power. Nigerians now know better.

Nigerian are well-articulated and well-versed in political happenings around them. General Babangida, I said with all emphasis at my disposal, cannot navigate the extreme odds against him as far as his political sins against Nigerian are concerned,” he declared.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/aug/18/national-18-08-2011-023.html

Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by obowunmi(m): 10:13am On Aug 18, 2011
Nigeria is in trouble if anyone celebrates IBB. IBB was an evil being who doesn't deserve to be alive.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by hbrednic: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2011
why did he attack Obj instead of Shagari,Abacha or even Yaradua
Obj with all his faults was better than all of them joined 2getha.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by babaowo: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2011
IBB is a shame to northerner because he legalize corruption,which is the most naija issue of toaday.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Uche2008: 12:55am On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Uche2008: 12:55am On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by musiwa48: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2011
Obasanjo mistake was Ngozi iweala(husband igbo) , Soludo. Stock exchange, all igbos. You cant have one ethnic group in a sector.  nigeria is a multi ethnic country. And you saw what they did in the banking sector. Even while Igbo media pretend as if bank merge was a good thing. But really it was not a good thing to merge banks.

The bible says the heart of men is wicked that who knows it. Now you have a situation where Northerners feel hurt because of what Ngozi Iweala did in the banking sector. This is the reason the north did what they did with the help of Jonathan Goodluck to destroy Yorubas in the Banking sector. Even Obasanjo will now see them for who they are. And even Obasanjo is been investigated by the same Jonathan Goodluck.

You see While the north blame Obasanjo who is a Yoruba man who was president at the time of the bank merge.

You see when you merge banks, you destroy the economy, Ngozi Iweala/soludo knew that/ Ngozi Iweala was in the USA when the USA govt break up microsoft and Bell because of merge , they became a Monopoly.

Nobody in the world care about nigeria bank ranting that they shout about.  what bank merge mean is that they destroy jobs and new business.

So bringing the same Ngozi Iweala , I dont think is a smart move. she can not fix nigeria economy

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/jun2000/micr-j09.shtml

Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by musiwa48: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2011
I dont think IBB and Obasanjo should be fighting at this moment because the lifes of millions of Nigerian is in danger. look this is the satellite picture of Nigeria and look at the video.

Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by musiwa48: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2011
This is kano, how can kano be 9 million

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_dMOYjmSS0&feature=related

and lagos be 9 million

Here is it , this is lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKvgU3TEm4
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by 190smh: 1:03am On Aug 19, 2011
ISNT IBB - PSQUARE FATHER cheesy cheesy
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by musiwa48: 1:31am On Aug 19, 2011
This is AT and T. Look Ngozi Iweala is not stupid. she knew what she was doing was wrong. You cant merge bank. it destroy the economy because many sectors of the economy are linked to banks. while you merge bank. this other sectors are not merge, they die out.

Having many banks give CX = customer more option to do business. Ngozi iweala knew that. It is either they wanted to disgrace Obasanjo or something was fishing.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155840/do_you_miss_the_atandt_monopoly.html

She had Harvard degree , so she knew Monopoly was not good in the banking sector. but still did it. what was her motive.

The issue that is more important is satellite pictures. People are seen the video of kano and others. like never before. and northerner are becoming minority each day.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by musiwa48: 1:42am On Aug 19, 2011
Even Jonathan Goodluck will fail because Jonathan Goodluck lack the depth to move nigeria forward. And have not put up a winning team. There is a problem too with satellite pictures. Which Jonathan can not solve because Jonathan Goodluck ethnic group lie too. they claim they are the fourth largest group in nigeria. but the satellite pictures shows Jonathan ethnic group is not even the 4th or 5 th or 6 th in Nigeria. So knowing Nigeria, Jonathan Goodluck will not solve the problem and you can see bombing in the North. and all that.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 19, 2011
musiwa.,.:

Even Jonathan Goodluck will fail because Jonathan Goodluck lack the depth to move nigeria forward. And have not put up a winning team. There is a problem too with satellite pictures. Which Jonathan can not solve because Jonathan Goodluck ethnic group lie too. they claim they are the fourth largest group in nigeria. but the satellite pictures shows Jonathan ethnic group is not even the 4th or 5 th or 6 th in Nigeria. So knowing Nigeria, Jonathan Goodluck will not solve the problem and you can see bombing in the North. and all that.
The basic thing in GEJ agenda is to pay money to those criminal in Niger Delta .
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by aloyemeka2: 2:38am On Aug 19, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/507039_zzzzzzztgt_jpge5761e7113446aac711e14cb1cdb0059

Finally, the REAL Becomerich is back on block but now as the chief commander in economics engineering. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by henry101(m): 3:40am On Aug 19, 2011
I love becomerich, lol, Makes sense all the time not. grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by lagcity(m): 3:41am On Aug 19, 2011
musiwa, u and this ur satellite pictures. you should be made satellite minister of nigeria.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by nkeco: 4:02am On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by buzor(m): 7:01am On Aug 19, 2011
abeg, who be this musiwa of a boy. i know u must be an Hausa of Fulani cattle rearer. pls i know u dont ve any meaningful contribution in this matter and so shut up. And let me remind you, when we start discussing how to get more milk from the cow, then you can contribute, ok lets i forget, i dont think such topic exist in nairaland but i will beg seun to find any topic suitable for cattle rearers so that you can atleast make a meaningful contribution in nairaland for once.
Anyway, back to the topic, i wonder why some shameless nigerians are following the imbecille called ibb. i think that if sharia law be applied on him 'as he advocates', he did be stoned to death.
even if obj didnt achieve anything but i will still giving him kudos for the following
- stabilizing democracy
- handing over from civilian to civilian for the first time in history
- putting the cattle rearers like ibb in their rightful position
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Martmore: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2011
@musiwa, like buzor said i think you need to sit back and learn how to contribute to a discussion.bk 2 d topic, i cant even celebrate both IBB and OBJ.Not in this life or in the life to come.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by ivydearie: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2011
@musiwa, pls stop saying rubbish, how does Ibo people concern IBB and Obasanjo matter
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by alex406(m): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2011
It baffles me so much why our so called media are fecilitating with this devil called IBB.Thank God truth is leaking out everyday about how he messed up with our economy. Really this man does not deserve to live considering the condition he placed every citizen of Nigeria into. And for Obasanjo,i can not call him neither a winner or a loser. They should all shut their tracks and watch where God is taking this nation to.It baffles me so much why our so called media are fecilitating with this devil called IBB.Thank God truth is leaking out everyday about how he messed up with our economy. Really this man does not deserve to live considering the condition he placed every citizen of Nigeria into. And for Obasanjo,i can not call him neither a winner or a loser. They should all shut their tracks and watch where God is taking this nation to.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by kaboninc(m): 8:33am On Aug 19, 2011
musiwa.,.:

This is AT and T. Look Ngozi Iweala is not silly. she knew what she was doing was wrong. You cant merge bank. it destroy the economy because many sectors of the economy are linked to banks. while you merge bank. this other sectors are not merge, they die out.

Having many banks give CX = customer more option to do business. Ngozi iweala knew that. It is either they wanted to disgrace Obasanjo or something was fishing.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155840/do_you_miss_the_atandt_monopoly.html

She had Harvard degree , so she knew Monopoly was not good in the banking sector. but still did it. what was her motive.

The issue that is more important is satellite pictures. People are seen the video of kano and others. like never before. and northerner are becoming minority each day.
I wonder the kind of person you claim to be. Its people like you who cannot stand the thought of seeing Nigeria as 1
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Yeske2(m): 8:35am On Aug 19, 2011
Just as others had noted, musiwa and becomerich should learn to contribute meaningfully to topics
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by eastman11: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2011
@musiwa, your economic analysis portrays you as one who never had formal education or worst still someone who lack common sense.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Myself2(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2011
eastman11:

@musiwa, your economic analysis portrays you as one who never had formal education or worst still someone who lack common sense.
ivydearie:

@musiwa, pls stop saying rubbish, how does Ibo people concern IBB and Obasanjo matter

He's stopped being funny and actually becoming annoying,see how he's flaunting his ignorance,bros fly abeg if you no know where time dey
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by nagoma(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2011
I wish NL could have a discussion that would be useful to Nigeria instead of lining up behind evil people and failures for reasons of ethnicity.
Intelectuals discuss ideas , the average persons discuss events, people of lower mentality discusss people, we in NL discuss tribe and ethnic groups. We are the lowest! sad
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Gbawe: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2011
hbrednic:

why did he attack Obj instead of Shagari,Abacha or even Yaradua
Obj with all his faults was better than all of them joined 2getha.

Na wa OOO !!! The usual crap of "the Yoruba man is the problem of Nigeria". I am no fan of OBJ but he was , as you stated, better than Shagari and Abacha. We all know what IBB's legacy and 'glass house' is corruption so he should not be throwing stones at OBJ at all.

babaowo:

IBB is a shame to northerner [b]because he legalize corruption,[/b]which is the most naija issue of toaday.

True. IBB should stop patronising Nigerians. He is desperate , whether by hook or crook, to gain a positive legacy. It won't happen . He is no better than OBJ. As such they will both go down in history as leaders who failed Nigeria.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2011
I love this country,

Between IBB and OBJ, Hmm! This is a classic case of the devil and the deep blue sea,

IBB, criminal mastermind, murderer, institutionalized corruption in government, cancelled a free, fair and credible election, Sustral Adjustment Programme, Stole the gulf war windfall,

OBJ, Super criminal, known associates include (Ibori, Odili, Alamesieya, Tafa balogun, etc), brought in GSM mobile phones, Consolidated the banks, repaid/negociated our foreign debt, muscled off IBB and Atiku during the last two elections, increased our foreign reserves, brought us MEND, Genocide in Odi, brought us the EFCC, stabilised the economy to an extent.

I choose OBJ,
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by deenee: 9:44am On Aug 19, 2011
musiwa.,.:

Obasanjo mistake was Ngozi iweala(husband igbo) , Soludo. Stock exchange, all igbos. You cant have one ethnic group in a sector.  nigeria is a multi ethnic country. And you saw what they did in the banking sector. Even while Igbo media pretend as if bank merge was a good thing. But really it was not a good thing to merge banks.

The bible says the heart of men is wicked that who knows it. Now you have a situation where Northerners feel hurt because of what Ngozi Iweala did in the banking sector. This is the reason the north did what they did with the help of Jonathan Goodluck to destroy Yorubas in the Banking sector. Even Obasanjo will now see them for who they are. And even Obasanjo is been investigated by the same Jonathan Goodluck.

You see While the north blame Obasanjo who is a Yoruba man who was president at the time of the bank merge.

You see when you merge banks, you destroy the economy, Ngozi Iweala/soludo knew that/ Ngozi Iweala was in the USA when the USA govt break up microsoft and Bell because of merge , they became a Monopoly.

Nobody in the world care about nigeria bank ranting that they shout about.  what bank merge mean is that they destroy jobs and new business.

So bringing the same Ngozi Iweala , I dont think is a smart move. she can not fix nigeria economy

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/jun2000/micr-j09.shtmljavascript:void(0);

I can't understand a word of what has been posted here. I had to read this post FOUR times, just to have an idea of the message, that, the poster is trying to convey. Oh my, the analysis is so off point! I am speechless lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed : and shaking my head in HORROR!, undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Idondome: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2011
@Musiwa, i guess you and your brother IBB dont have work anymore. Your stake now is how to disorganise the country and parade yourself(for IBB) as holier than holy. Please for God sake, live Nigeria alone if you dont want to contribute ant meaningful thing to the polity. God is not happy with pple like you and will soon vent His anger on you if you fail to stop being a cog in the wheel of progrees.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by playboy19(m): 10:02am On Aug 19, 2011
Okija_juju:

I love this country,

Between IBB and OBJ, Hmm! This is a classic case of the devil and the deep blue sea,

IBB, criminal mastermind, murderer, institutionalized corruption in government, cancelled a free, fair and credible election, Sustral Adjustment Programme, Stole the gulf war windfall,

OBJ, Super criminal, known associates include (Ibori, Odili, Alamesieya, Tafa balogun, etc), brought in GSM mobile phones, Consolidated the banks, repaid/negociated our foreign debt, muscled off IBB and Atiku during the last two elections, increased our foreign reserves, brought us MEND, Genocide in Odi, brought us the EFCC, stabilised the economy to an extent.

I choose OBJ,

Guy, you are a very bad guy, your analysis fvcking crack me up man, but still, na true you talk. IBB, damn, funny how quick people forget things. He should let others talk, not IBB, please. He should be the last to talk when it comes to Nigeria's issue. Only kids won't understand this.
Re: Senator Slams Ibb Over Attack On Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2011
@musiwa.
Na wa for u. Have u ever heard of population density? Lagos might have a higher population density but believe me Kano's population is very large. I have been there. I'm not saying Kano has a larger population than lagos but ,
Ur analysis is kinda difficult to understand though.
Must the yorubas complain about everything. What would u den want the other minority tribes to do. The last time I checked we were all Nigerians living in Nigeria. End of story. And we want to be a developed nation yet we don't want to make d necessary sacrifices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: NMA Seeks Psychiatric Test For Politicians / Flabbergasting Images Of Massive Crowd At Ongoing PH Obidient Rally / Igbos Celebrate The Hardship In The Country, Demand 8 Years For Tinubu - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.