Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! (710 Views)

Getting A Life- Safarigirl / My Meeting With A Publisher / I Need A Publisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! by Scash(f): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2011
I wrote a novel like three yrs back n even i had to admit it was quite good, bt i got it locked up in my locker wt various ppl promisin to contact me.
Nw, av started anoda one, dnt knw y i did, bt d story kept formin in my mind n i had to put it to writing. Wld i av to put dt away in my locker too?
Re: Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! by bebeland: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
try getting an agent. im a nigerian wriyer/poet and my full manuscript is with an american agent and i hope to sign with her next month. try this websites:
www.AgentQuery.com, www.AuthorAdvance.com smiley
Re: Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! by LarrySun(m): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2011
Hey Scash, we have something in common. I started mine three years ago and finished it last year. It has been adorning my dusty little writing table ever since. But it will take more than that to stop me from putting pen in paper.
Could you send your e-mail address so that we could share excerpts?
Re: Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! by Scash(f): 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2011
thanks bebeland. Hopeu get signed up. Am tryin d advance authors nw. .@larry, my emahl is syth41@yahoo.com
Re: Getting A Publisher Is Still D Problem! by mortee: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
Getting published is the last step in all you have to do to achieve that. The next step after putting your ideas together is to get a professional editor to work thoroughly on it so that a would-be publisher can fall in love with your work at first sight. Most writers take editing for granted and assume that since they have written the work, then they have written well. But even professors of English all over the world get professional editors to read through their manuscripts before they are published. If you want more info on this, send me a mail: crossdotmedia@gmail.com - "we help you write right!"

(1) (Reply)

Is Isbn A Must? What Is The Need? / 8th Annual DNA Day Essay Contest Of The ASHG ($1000 Top Prize) / A Poem About Chinua Achebe's Death Written 23 Years Before He Died!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.