Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% (14877 Views)

Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students / Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 / Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by anonimi: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2022
tribalmall:
So bad say your life don spoil or what I don't get ?

It is so bad that you are a parochial, selfish, self centred person who can't see beyond your nose to understand how Sanwo-Olu and the other Lagos governors since 1999 have raped 20 million Lagosians silly by looting their IGR, allocations, loans and even PPP funds instead of doing what Jakande did and more for education of every child etc.
Is that something you can understand, or you need further detailed breakdown to help your understanding?

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

pluto04:
fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike

Okay. Not exactly what he said. But that is exactly what he implied. How much is the minimum wage of Lagos state civil servants? He seems to be out of touch and his statements are highly irresponsible!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike/

Governor Babatunde Fashola battled hard weekend, to justify the astronomical hike in tuition fees recently introduced in Lagos State University, LASU, by the state government. Recall that the state government had increased tuition fees paid in the university from N25,000 to N250,000 per session.

Fashola, who spoke at Government College, Ughelli’s, annual luncheon party in Lagos, said Nigerians were unconsciously making the country one where there would be separate schools for the rich and poor.

According to him, critics of the increment are indirectly calling for a Nigerian society which will be divided into poor university for the poor and rich university for rich people.

He said: “Countries that do not prioritise education are always at the mercy of those who place a high premium on education.

“Where in the world have we seen tuition fee of university of N25,000? You cannot find this anywhere. Even the nations that are developed and wealthy do not give education for N25,000.

“LASU started very well and over the years, the population grew and beyond the available facilities and the school began to deteriorate. We are determined to rescue LASU and we will not make it a school for the poor.

“We are unconsciously making Nigeria a society where there will be a school for the rich and one for the poor.
“Several people in this country pay so much for education abroad while the schools here continue to deteriorate. It is only in the university that the children of the rich and children of the poor can sit in the same classroom.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Painsoother(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2022
DenreleDave:

Scammer.. Keep opening different accounts

U never change bank oo cheesy grin
The bank account holder wouldn't know how random the stupid scammer boy is pasting her account details on every social platform.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by 2Radii: 8:31am On Oct 17, 2022
Nora22:
So bad
hatred will never let u prosper..

Oloshi.

Do u comprehend at all??

Oponu

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Sweetvie: 8:38am On Oct 17, 2022
Thanks to election smiley
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Ttalk: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2022
money121:

Yes ooo
Lagos state is confirmed..

Back then in lasu
My tuition fees is 25k

Bursary is 50k

Mine used to be 2,500 before it was increased to 25k but also paid 25k as bursary
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Ttalk: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2022
money121:

Yes ooo

Back then in lasu
My tuition fees is 25k

Bursary is 50k

Mine used to be 2,500 before it was increased to 25k but also got 25k as bursary

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by LegalWolf: 8:56am On Oct 17, 2022
DesChyko:
Production not consumption.

undecided

Of the total domestic debt owed by the 36 states in Nigeria, 28% is owed by Lagos.

Of the total external debt owed by the 36 states in Nigeria, 15% is owed by Lagos.

Guess what a 100% increment will do this debt profile?

What you keep missing out is that NO STATE in Nigeria produces much more than Lagos. I mean no state. Secondly, no economy grow without consumption.

China is the largest manufacturing/exporting nation in the world and its doing everything within its power to increase domestic consumption. Consumption fuels economic growth and please stop relying on Mile 12 economics as if consumption or debt is a bad thing

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by seunjungle1(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2022
Shut up the Bleep from your quarters there.
Lagos remains one of the best States in Nigeria that are sincere in payment of their students bursary.

I remember my days in university. When my state was paying 5k that was not even regular, Lagos was paying 15k monthly.

kerry57:
Na so, how many students dey truely get the bursary?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Indispensable85(m): 9:10am On Oct 17, 2022
Good news from Lagos back to back
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by kerry57: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2022
seunjungle1:
Shut up the Bleep from your quarters there.
Lagos remains one of the best States in Nigeria that are sincere in payment of their students bursary.

I remember my days in university. When my state was paying 5k that was not even regular, Lagos was paying 15k monthly.

Taataa like u.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2022
Painsoother:
Congrats to you!, to be honest, these bunch of irredeemable urchins are really surpressing the little hope of a better Nigeria left in me.

We lucidly warned of the dangers of a Buhari presidency in 2015 but they labelled us tribal apologists...that we were just angling to procure another tenure for "our brother" from the South South. 7years down the line, Nigeria feels like war torn Yemen.

Now they're repeating the same mistakes of 2015. We're talking like we did in 2015 and people are just too adamant to listen.

E go be!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Prince001(m): 9:46am On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
Sanwo-Olu my man.

I also love the below.

He's doing all that cos of election ooo. Project this, project that!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by shegz24(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2022
whyliwy:
Election tings! Please we will collect and vote our choice Insha Allah.

for your mind you think sey jandor go fit beat sanwo-olu before?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by spiritedtete: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2022
DesChyko:

undecided

Of the total domestic debt owed by the 36 states in Nigeria, 28% is owed by Lagos.

Of the total external debt owed by the 36 states in Nigeria, 15% is owed by Lagos.

You are not wise nor neither intelligent at all... Olodo ! Get more insights on debt and use America as a case study, it will help grow.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by laughitall(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2022
kerry57:
Na so, how many students dey truely get the bursary?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Landmack: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2022
money121:

Yes ooo

Back then in lasu
My tuition fees is 25k

Bursary is 50k

The north and Some Southwest states used to try especially Lagos in paying bursary to students. Then we used to be envied by students from the Southeast,who never gets one naira from the useless southeast gives then.

I remember as at 2007 upwards my friends son from Kaduna state used to collect 15k as kaduna state bursary from ABU Zaria the institution he was attending. So many northern states were paying students bursary. I used to collect for lagos state too. The money used to go a long way. Some students used it to buy the latest phones,some food stuffs,some books and projects etc
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Soulsymbol99: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2022
To be reduced again after elections...knw dis and knw peace undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Landmack: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2022
Hydroxide:
Delta state is very consistent with bursary payment. Both Delta state Govt and Desopadec

Yea back then in school. The oil rich states paid their students bursary. I think they were among the highly paid.

The southeast states were a huge disappointment. Their excos were always writing to their gives to start bursary for indigenes till i left no southeast states paid their students bursary so bad. My papa state no even send us...but na my mama state was paying steady.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by FutureHNDRxXx: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
Good measures but More printed money to be disbursed, no product creation more consumption , more inflation, less value for money. What happens to the non students who cant afford to feed, the disabled and elderly?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Perfectbeing(m): 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
DesChyko:

undecided

Dangote is most likely the most indebted Nigerian but he's still amongst the most productive.
You guys need not piss on your body when you hear debt. Instead you should be more interested in what it's been used for.

Lagos even though the most indebted, is also the richest and the most productive.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Perfectbeing(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
VULCAN:
This is good news.

Thank God for elections, that's the only time the political class remembers the poor.

Three months after winning elections APC will pass Draconian fines to recover this bursary money.

Lollz. We know them
So you mean Government shouldn't be doing any work close to elections because people like you will say it's political?
Maybe all Governors should stop paying salaries when it's election time so it won't be called political.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Perfectbeing(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2022
Soulsymbol99:
To be reduced again after elections...knw dis and knw peace undecided
Have they been reducing it before?

Cursed child of hate
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Jostoman: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
LegendHero:
Sanwo-Olu my man.

I also love the below.

the promise will be implemented by JANDOR and FUNKE AkINDELE next year
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Starz825(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
tribalmall:

Abeg no kill me abeg

grin grin

I don laff tire
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Jostoman: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
tribalmall:

JANDOR is really giving this governor a sleepless night. LAGOSIAN get ready because JANDOR is coming.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Starz825(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2022
Landmack:

Yea back then in school. The oil rich states paid their students bursary. I think they were among the highly paid.

The southeast states were a huge disappointment. Their excos were always writing to their gives to start bursary for indigenes till i left no southeast states paid their students bursary so bad. My papa state no even send us...but na my mama state was paying steady.
South East government are not doing anything much for their citizens.....very very annoying...
If obi get luck enter...make he try do something there

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Godsownfc(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
NULASS is the best! Well done my Governor!

The students must study and work hard in both learning and character to earn excellent grades to justify this tax payers expense on them.

It is not free lunch but an investment in your life and future. Face your studies, quit the unproductive idleness on social media and show great character both offline and online. Do not be arrogant and rude please except you want to destroy your life.

That knowledge you get today must add value to Lagos and someday when we call.on you to give back to Lagos, please do not think twice because to whom much is given, much is expected. Be an Omoluabi and it will be well with you.

Lagos is the best! Please invest in Lagos today.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Your governor is trying, unlike ours!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by sunnyprof: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hahaha !!

How come Delta state owes the highest debt followed by Rivers, followed by Akwa Ibom?

O ti o!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by Soulsymbol99: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Have they been reducing it before?

Cursed child of hate

I know your from a disfunctionaI and cursed home but I remove my shoes and match my bare legs on the ground which you also walk on and proclaim that from this day forth, it shall not be well with you and yours. U shall remain cursed for life.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% by snoopz: 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lagos is busy increasing bursary of it students while KWARA that tribalistic state didn't me shishi for my four years in Unilorin but the governor kept on say he has released funds grin,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibb's Hidden Treasure / Who Is Orji Uzor Kalu's Wife? / Zakari Hands Over To Mahmood Yakubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.