Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President (23221 Views)

We May Start ‘No Pay, No Work’ – ASUU President / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by membranus: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Aladdin1:
Can you imagine? Wait! the government would pay the salary backlog. But go and teach the poor students. Their future and education is at stake here. The strike have lingered for too long pls.

See your logic.

So they should teach on hungry stomach?

You will wait forever.
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by luluman: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jking20:
Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria professors are really sensible, for the past two months this same people rejected suspending the strike because they weren't paid and now they had resumed. Coming out to tell us thrash, keep foiling yourselves old folks. Your time is very short.
When one does not have a prof in his family he cannot know the value of one.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by porthouse7(f): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
babanlae ni oponun
apoda
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by JJuanMiguel: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
But you had transport fare to go home and flex when you declared strike on students.
Behave yourself and earn half salary this October.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by searay(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Laple0541:
ASUU is as useless as the government, primary and secondary school teachers are more unfairly treated than ASUU and they don't go on strikes like them, it's hightime they employed a reasonable means of expressing their grievances than this strike that have been in use for decades without yielding results.

And it's a good thing
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Yankee101: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Una dey on campus for cheap university accomodation
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Aladdin1:
if you believe that they dont have transport money then you would believe anything you are told.

Well, we all know fg is owing us and all you will say is that we should trek to school just because someone's future is at stake. It's well
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Aladdin1(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
Geoabeeys:

Well, we all know fg is owing us and all you will say is that we should trek to school just because someone's future is at stake. It's well
I never said they should trek.i said they would eventually get paid but if they agree to call off the strike at all.then they should teach their students.while further negotiations continues.the rigid stance of ASUU would do no one any good.
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
Aladdin1:
I never said they should trek.i said they would eventually get paid but if they agree to call off the strike at all.then they should teach their students.while further negotiations continues.the rigid stance of ASUU would do no one any good.

Yes I totally agreed with you honestly
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Dchampion65: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
Being educated is not pointer that you are wise.
You can be educated and still acts like a fool.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Abrahamweb(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cmanforall:
Joke
Is this man a comedian?

Last I checked most federal universities have residential areas nearby.
Also, Universities do have buses or staff cars. These lecturers can use this if they truly care for the students.
Anyways, walking is another option
So they should care more for the students than themselves?
Nigeria youths will not or cannot fight for schools rehabilitation,nor will they (students/youth) protest for fair pay for the lecturers,na them go fight for themselves.
If government decide to use treachery to get the lecturers to classroom instead of solving the problem then ASUU is free to run their their own.
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by aestake: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jking20:
Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria professors are really sensible, for the past two months this same people rejected suspending the strike because they weren't paid and now they had resumed. Coming out to tell us thrash, keep foiling yourselves old folks. Your time is very short.
You gonna take over?
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Laple0541(m): 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ifakiland:

werey go the university go teach if na same as secondary school teacher....oponu ode

Na Ogun go kii you, baba e loponu. Omo ale.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by alimiadedayo1: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ebubu:

hunger should wire ASUU very well. They should be very afraid of strike
shut up am not directly the statement to him am directly it to you son of butch that ave no manners

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by LonelyLucifer(m): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ebubu:
who begged them to go on strike? next time they strike they should all be sacked. foolish old men that should have died
Your lack of manners is up to another level..

You can't make it far in life with such attitude.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Ebubu: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
LonelyLucifer:
Your lack of manners is up to another level..

You can't make it far in life with such attitude.
ASUU’s level of arrogance has killed many students and junior lecturers too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by TollinsN: 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2022
How genuinely can people comment on this?. 60% of commentators here are destructive critics. Hardly you can see constructive and intelligent comments. This either shows the products of our education system or the exposure of the nairalanders

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by scait(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
So what is the essence of the strike and the stubborness?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Ijb11: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
grin
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by dchamp234(m): 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cmanforall:
Joke
Is this man a comedian?

Also, Universities do have buses or staff cars. These lecturers can use this if they truly care for the students.
And when was the last time you checked I may ask?
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Cmanforall: 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
dchamp234:

And when was the last time you checked I may ask?
Today.
The university staff apartments are still in existence. Just visit UI
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Ebubu: 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

shut up am not directly the statement to him am directly it to you son of butch that ave no manners
hunger kill you there. useless ASUU striker. who send you to do strike?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Melagros(m): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jking20:
Same thing from here God bless you

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Melagros(m): 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
yinkus6750:
Same thing with the students you truncated their dreams and visions that were idle for eight good months.
Why did you call off the strike, when you know you won't have transport to resume?
Nonsense talk.
Real nonsense talk, to hell with them

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Melagros(m): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
N3wman:
May they never get money
Amen

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by seunfape(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2022
Cmanforall:
Joke
Is this man a comedian?

very soon, lecturer and police men will be operating in same standard of payment in Nigeria. ASUU get reasons for their claim(fight)
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by mercyobe: 1:03am On Oct 18, 2022
I wonder what kind of a funny country is this.... smh
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Starships4u(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2022
Jking20:

May yhu not be owed salaries...
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by caesymore(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jking20:

Senseless fools that claim knowledge, I wonder what the have achieved so far, suspending strikes since 2009 which was my year one then.

Why not stand your ground and achieve your aim once.
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by SirWarlock: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
TollinsN:
How genuinely can people comment on this?. 60% of commentators here are destructive critics. Hardly you can see constructive and intelligent comments. This either shows the products of our education system or the exposure of the nairalanders
I think it's both grin
Re: We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President by Much2do: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2022
I pity students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! / Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.