Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. (1576 Views)

The North Is Quiet While Southerners Are Shouting Everywhere Like Kids / 2023: While Southerners Are Still Blaming APC... / 2023: I'm Not Aligning With Anybody - Amosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by alanto: 9:16am On Oct 17, 2022
I see a pattern, the northerners are dumping APC, formally to both PDP and NNPP but now mainly to PDP. While we in the south are tearing ourselves apart... I know for sure that the north will vote Tinubu.... I don't even understand how a region that cried Fulani herdsmen for 8 years are willing and ready to vote another Fulani man in power. Atiku is even worse than Buhari, this is a man that delete a post about a murdered lady because his fellow northern Muslims threaten not to vote him, this is the same man that stole the Southern mandate and some mumu Southerners are queueing behind him.... now he's telling northerners to vote him because he's a northerner and here in the South it's Wike's camp against Obaseki's camp over Atiku. The same Wike that fought really hard to make Obaseki Governor when Atiku was nowhere to be found.

What sense will it make for a northerner to vote Tinubu (Southerner) with a northern Christian vice, against Atiku a northern Muslim? Or what sense will it make for them to vote obi at all... An igbo man that they assume is supportive of IPOB and Kanu?

It's time we start thinking in the South... We need a strong front to snatch power... Tinubu is still more popular and relevant than any other candidate... He can match Atiku in the north and still hold sway in the South... Obi will take a bit chunk of PDP votes in the South but Atiku will make that up with his Northern votes, obi will take some APC votes in the South. This will make Atiku win the north and also give him an edge over the south.

We need to start thinking....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by joyandfaith: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:
I see a pattern, the northerners are dumping APC, formally to both PDP and NNPP but now mainly to PDP. While we in the south are tearing ourselves apart... I know for sure that the north will vote Tinubu... That's not even a debate but my point is if the spoilers AKA Southeasterners ruin the chance of the South and give the presidency to Atiku on a platter of gold, you people should not cry Fulani herdsmen anything... I don't even understand how a region that cried Fulani herdsmen for 8 years are willing and ready to vote another Fulani man in power. Atiku is even worse than Buhari, this is a man that delete a post about a murdered lady because his fellow northern Muslims threaten not to vote him, this is the same man that stole the Southern mandate and some mumu Southerners are queueing behind him.... now he's telling northerners to vote him because he's a northerner and here in the South it's Wike's camp against Obaseki's camp over Atiku. The same Wike that fought really hard to make Obaseki Governor when Atiku was nowhere to be found.

What sense will it make for a northerner to vote Tinubu (Southerner) with a northern Christian vice, against Atiku a northern Muslim? Or what sense will it make for them to vote obi at all... An igbo man that they assume is supportive of IPOB and Kanu?

It's time we start thinking in the South... We need a strong front to snatch power... Tinubu is still more popular and relevant than any other candidate... He can match Atiku in the north and still hold sway in the South... Obi will take a bit chunk of PDP votes in the South but Atiku will make that up with his Northern votes, obi will take some APC votes in the South. This will make Atiku win the north and also give him an edge over the south.

South had brain dysfunction in 2012 and stopped thinking in 2015 courtesy of Emilokan ltd. North ruled for 20 years between 1979 and 1999. I am expecting north to rule for 12 to 16 years before another southern would rule for 4 years and cycle continues assuming all factors remain constant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Felimax(m): 9:23am On Oct 17, 2022
Cry me a River!

I am from South and Atiku has my vote. Like it or not Atiku is your next president.

Shalom!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by chatinent: 9:25am On Oct 17, 2022
None of the aspirants condemned Deborah's gruesome death. Nigerian politicians are only after themselves, and you see the electorates? Dem bi anywhere belle face na front.

It's not like any of the overly ambitious aspirants can make Nigeria better tho! And it also seems the large number of the electorates—I mean the poor majority —enjoy short-term bribe for long-term poverty. Who am I to care!

O, little wonder the politicians are happy that they can always get delusional voters whenever they send their Greek's gift.

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2022
Felimax:
Cry me a River!

I am from South and Atiku has my vote. Like it or not Atiku is your next president.

Shalom!
Offcourse there is nothing wrong if northerners rule till eternity because some of us choose to be stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by sleek214(m): 9:27am On Oct 17, 2022
You don't beg people to vote for a sick man by trying to blackmail or insult them. Atiku deleted a tweet is better than someone that didn't even show sympathy or empathy. I am a Southerner from Delta State, my vote is for Atiku, i vote for competence not sentiments. For tge records, Atiku told northerners to vote for him not because he's Hausa/fulani, not to vote for igbo president or yoruba president But to vote fora PAN Nigerian. Campaign for your candidate and dont insult the sensibilities of others. That's why your candidates Tinubu and Obi are losing support in other regions outside theirs because of supporters like you that insult and abuse for a living

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by sleek214(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2022
Skankamola:

Offcourse there is nothing wrong if northerners rule till eternity because some of us choose to be stupid
. If northerner being president makes you Stupid, then remain stupid till death. Shalom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by alanto: 9:36am On Oct 17, 2022
joyandfaith:

South had brain dysfunction in 2012 and stopped thinking in 2015 courtesy of Emilokan ltd. North ruled for 20 years between 1979 and 1999. I am expecting north to rule for 12 to 16 years before another southern would rule for 4 years and cycle continues assuming all factors remain constant.
I agree with you GEJ should have allowed North finish their term... But we know those who told GEJ to go ahead. If you think you are being wicked to some people you are doing yourself... Because SW knows how to play their games. Before Tinubu there was Obasanjo, before Obasanjo there was Shonekan, before that was Awolowo and so on... After Tinubu their will be another person and like after ojukwu there will be another after Kanu so.....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by alanto: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2022
sleek214:
. If northerner being president makes you Stupid, then remain stupid till death. Shalom
Nobody is saying northerners should not contest but this is a country that has to take turns because of the complexity of this country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Nyamuri: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2022
I'm a northerner and I'm voting Tinubu
Skankamola:

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by joyandfaith: 9:44am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

I agree with you GEJ should have allowed North finish their term... But we know those we told GEJ to go ahead. If you think you are being wicked to some people you are doing yourself... Because SW knows how to play their games. Before Tinubu there was Obasanjo, before Obasanjo was Awolowo and so on... After Tinubu their will be another person and like after ojukwu there will be another after Kanu so.....
I am original yoruba man. I have travelled to most parts of the country. Poverty is only thing that unites all Nigerians. South shouldn't have ganged up against Gej. As at 2015, Buhari was not alternative to Gej based on historical antecedents. Yoruba intellectuals goofed. They thought Osinbajo would actually handle economy and Buhari would handle insecurity.
In 2019, some APC supporters from south endured to support Buhari hoping that Power would return to the South. But is Tinubu the best APC South can provide?
Tinubu knew Buhari was not a good option but he need Buhari to win presidency. Can he win Atiku in the north?

11 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by mrvitalis(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:
I see a pattern, the northerners are dumping APC, formally to both PDP and NNPP but now mainly to PDP. While we in the south are tearing ourselves apart... I know for sure that the north will vote Tinubu.... I don't even understand how a region that cried Fulani herdsmen for 8 years are willing and ready to vote another Fulani man in power. Atiku is even worse than Buhari, this is a man that delete a post about a murdered lady because his fellow northern Muslims threaten not to vote him, this is the same man that stole the Southern mandate and some mumu Southerners are queueing behind him.... now he's telling northerners to vote him because he's a northerner and here in the South it's Wike's camp against Obaseki's camp over Atiku. The same Wike that fought really hard to make Obaseki Governor when Atiku was nowhere to be found.

If Tinubu fail to get 45% in the core north APC state ...trust me Nigeria would be restructured if atiku goes on to win

The propaganda the Yoruba media would pour out against the North , plus the one Biafra agitators would pour out might even break up Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by meetme01: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
All these are not really issues

The issues are, will election hold in SE & SS in 2023. If it does not, is that not the end of Nigeria.

I want us to be factual here.

Now,Nnamdi Kanu has been discharged. The mighty are coming up with different ideas. Trust me, if that man is not released before 2023 elections, it will be very hard to conduct elections in the South East and South South. That's exactly what PDP and APC want. They forgot that,if either wins,the stake will be that, they never voted for the winner hence, the winner is not their leader. Buhari's body language is tired and not ready to fight anyone's cause.

Second issue, we have so much delve on grassroot politics but there is something I want us to check. The number of new PVCs is among the youths and Southern youths made the highest. That's a cause of worry for PDP and APC that usually beckon on villagers to rig elections. Therefore, the election will be between the learned youths and the real politicians.

The past governor of Ekiti said, the next election will be tough but Tinubu will win. Whereas an average Northerner believes their constitutent should be in power till eternity hence, Atiku and Kwankwaso comes on board.

The 2023 election will be very thick. Heads will roll because it will be a do or die affair at the long run. This cannot be disputed because Atiku having contested for the position more than 3 times and now is the last chance likewise Tinubu who at all cost will want to attain the position. That Emilokan word is very strong. It is my turn meaning, anything I have to get it, I would use.

The three major contestant will pose a threat to each other. Though it's good for our democracy because, immediately you attain power, the pressure will rise and to satisfy Nigerians, is a herculean task which is hard during this economic downturn.

Yes, no politician is a Saint but out of all, one should be much good for each voter.

The reason I want Obi to win is, the issue of god fatherism will be gone forever. We would stop recycling same politicians. It will give hope for any grassroot party to win future elections based on your character and antecedents. Nepotism will be dead. We would have relieve from old politicians making us slaves in our country. How can you be a governor, your son a house of rep member and other child in the senate. Is that how it should be? Why are ex Governors going to the Senate? You live on Nigeria's tax all through your life. We would start asking questions about your source of income.

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by NwaMamaIwota(f): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2022
Nyamuri:
yelibe maxlem feeling funky

9 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
Nyamuri:

Remember to invest sha

Atiku is coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by SIMONEKPA7: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku is even worse than Buhari, this is a man that delete a post about a murdered lady because his fellow northern Muslims threaten not to vote him
Name any other candidate that even condemned the death of Deborah, at least Atiku tried , he even posted and later delete. Tinubu didn't condemn, Obi didn't say a thing, Osinbanjo was mute.
All Nigerian politicians are same .

1 Like

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by 9jahotblog: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

has the clueless Pandora thief Obi pay up the debt hanging on his neck niii. Atiku Abubakar is the best candidate to beat so far in 2023 presidential elections. Nigerians say no to APC Muslim-Muslim tickets

1 Share

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Apophenia24k: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

The problem with most of you is that you want equity with dirty hands...
The South can't be united because of injustice from the west side..
SOUTH
Former president SW
Current vp SW
House of speaker SW
chairman of Southern gov Forum. SW

Check out north.
President NW
Senate president NE
Secretary of fed. NC
Chairman of Northern gover Forum NC..

This is where all the problem lies..

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Probz(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

The northern unity is more to do with Hausa than any particular region. Them-dem ain’t unified in any tangible geographical sub-divisional way, na.
Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Owologbo(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

What sense does it make for the south with majority Christians so vote a Muslim Muslim ticket?
If you think there's no sense in the north voting a Christian VP, there's also no sense in the south voting a Muslim ticket.
Tinubu is not the only southerner in the presidential race.
Also tinubu bought his way to the ticket just like Atiku.

7 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Rekhina(f): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

But Atiku didn't swore blood and baboon eventually he loses.
Afonja dont be unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Owologbo(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
alanto:

I agree with you GEJ should have allowed North finish their term... But we know those who told GEJ to go ahead. If you think you are being wicked to some people you are doing yourself... Because SW knows how to play their games. Before Tinubu there was Obasanjo, before Obasanjo there was Shonekan, before that was Awolowo and so on... After Tinubu their will be another person and like after ojukwu there will be another after Kanu so.....

And the southerners that champions the removal of a fellow southerner now want to blackmail us with southern gibberish?

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Rekhina(f): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nyamuri:

Afonja stop lying grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Owologbo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
meetme01:
All these are not really issues

The issues are, will election hold in SE & SS in 2023. If it does not, is that not the end of Nigeria.

I want us to be factual here.

Now,Nnamdi Kanu has been discharged. The mighty are coming up with different ideas. Trust me, if that man is not released before 2023 elections, it will be very hard to conduct elections in the South East and South South. That's exactly what PDP and APC want. They forgot that,if either wins,the stake will be that, they never voted for the winner hence, the winner is not their leader. Buhari's body language is tired and not ready to fight anyone's cause.

Second issue, we have so much delve on grassroot politics but there is something I want us to check. The number of new PVCs is among the youths and Southern youths made the highest. That's a cause of worry for PDP and APC that usually beckon on villagers to rig elections. Therefore, the election will be between the learned youths and the real politicians.

The past governor of Ekiti said, the next election will be tough but Tinubu will win. Whereas an average Northerner believes their constitutent should be in power till eternity hence, Atiku and Kwankwaso comes on board.

The 2023 election will be very thick. Heads will roll because it will be a do or die affair at the long run. This cannot be disputed because Atiku having contested for the position more than 3 times and now is the last chance likewise Tinubu who at all cost will want to attain the position. That Emilokan word is very strong. It is my turn meaning, anything I have to get it, I would use.

The three major contestant will pose a threat to each other. Though it's good for our democracy because, immediately you attain power, the pressure will rise and to satisfy Nigerians, is a herculean task which is hard during this economic downturn.

Yes, no politician is a Saint but out of all, one should be much good for each voter.

The reason I want Obi to win is, the issue of god fatherism will be gone forever. We would stop recycling same politicians. It will give hope for any grassroot party to win future elections based on your character and antecedents. Nepotism will be dead. We would have relieve from old politicians making us slaves in our country. How can you be a governor, your son a house of rep member and other child in the senate. Is that how it should be? Why are ex Governors going to the Senate? You live on Nigeria's tax all through your life. We would start asking questions about your source of income.

My concern in all you wrote here is why you are joining SS with SE not as States where votes may not take place because of Kanu?
Is SS fighting your Biafra fight with you?
We may be close, support each other but not on violence o.
Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by 9jahotblog: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
The Northern Elders Forum spokesperson Hakeem Baba-Ahmed who coincidentally is the elder brother of the Labour Party Vice Presidential candidate asked Atiku Abubakar the question below verbatim.

"Your Excellency, Northerners are watching you now, in the next few days they will hear or they will see you. Please tell the Northerners why out of all the Presidential candidates they should trust you not anybody else with their votes and their trust and why you are the best candidate that can lead Nigeria and the North through changes. Please speak to the Northerners directly."

That was the question from the Northern elders Forum spokesperson. Remember they organised the event and as such asked the question to know Atiku's plan for the North.

Atiku Abubakar in his smartness answered the above question below, verbatim:

"Well, Mallam Northerner, ohh Madam Northerner(he smiled), I have been in politics now for three decades, (Prof. Ango was whispering something and Atiku picked his statement) for 35 years and I have traversed the whole of this country, I know the whole of this country, I have built bridges across this country. I think what the average Northerner needs is somebody who is from the North and also understands other parts of Nigeria and who has been able to build bridges across the rest of the country. This is what the Northerner needs. He doesn't need a yoruba candidate or an Igbo candidate, this what the Northerner needs. So I believe, I stand before you as a Pan Nigerian of Northern origin. Thank you very much."

Atiku Abubakar in the above clearly reminded the Northern elders that he is although a Northerner but not a candidate of the North because he has built bridges in every part of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar reminded the North that his candidature is not just for the North but for Nigeria as a whole!

�������

Children of hate has failed in totality, they shall perish in their hate.... Atiku is coming, no lies, propagandas, stones can stop him.... #AtikuOkowaPDP ✅✅✅

1 Like

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by ProfAmaben(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Felimax:
Cry me a River!

Shalom!

No one cares wink
Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by alanto: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
joyandfaith:

I am original yoruba man. I have travelled to most parts of the country. Poverty is only thing that unites all Nigerians. South shouldn't have ganged up against Gej. As at 2015, Buhari was not alternative to Gej based on historical antecedents. Yoruba intellectuals goofed. They thought Osinbajo would actually handle economy and Buhari would handle insecurity.
In 2019, some APC supporters from south endured to support Buhari hoping that Power would return to the South. But is Tinubu the best APC South can provide?
Tinubu knew Buhari was not a good option but he need Buhari to win presidency. Can he win Atiku in the north?
Yes, he can win Atiku in the north... Naturally Atiku is a born loser... I can't imagine anyone putting money on him. That Arsenal can beat every English club to qualify for Champions league doesn't mean they can win the league... The closest Atiku can get to presidency is VP, then maybe first runner up in a proper election

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by KGD10: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Felimax:
Cry me a River!

Shalom!
Say you're from Delta.

Okowa can't even get nada from his Anioma, let alone other ethnics in South South.
Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by alanto: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Owologbo:

What sense does it make for the south with majority Christians so vote a Muslim Muslim ticket?
If you think there's no sense in the north voting a Christian VP, there's also no sense in the south voting a Muslim ticket.
Tinubu is not the only southerner in the presidential race.
Also tinubu bought his way to the ticket just like Atiku.
Which other southerner is in the state? Is it the one that doesn't have anything to campaign with. If Tinubu isn't in the race I will rather vote Atiku than someone that didn't do anything as a governor for 8 years.

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Timatayo1: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
If Atiku tell northerners to vote northerners the other candidates should tell southerners to vote southerners why are you people lamenting and crying foul .. but Tinubu said Yoruba lokan emi gangan lo kan what is the difference between the two words..

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Aligning Together, While Southerners Tear Themselves Apart. by Hollysaint: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Peter on condemned Deborah murder
chatinent:
None of the aspirants condemned Deborah's gruesome death. Nigerian politicians are only after themselves, and you see the electorates? Dem bi anywhere belle face na front.

It's not like any of the overly ambitious aspirants can make Nigeria better tho! And it also seems the large number of the electorates—I mean the poor majority —enjoy short-term bribe for long-term poverty. Who am I to care!

O, little wonder the politicians are happy that they can always get delusional voters whenever they send their Greek's gift.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Sweeping Delta State Without Mercy / The Reality Of Nigeria Is That Lagos Is Indeed No Mans Land / BREAKING: Tinubu Approves Upgrade Of 16 Teaching Hospitals Across Nigeria (full

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.