Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment (1548 Views)

Peter Obi: Aloy Ejimakor Criticises Kwankwaso Over "Anti-Igbo" Comment / APC reacts At Ohaneze’s Endorsement Of Atiku, Anti-igbo / Kwankwaso’s Camp Reacts To His Probe By Ganduje Over Alleged Corruptio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by bestofnollywood: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2022
The camp of the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has reacted to the controversial statement made by the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.
Applesbite reports that Atiku, during an Interactive Session with Arewa Joint Committee held on Saturday in Kaduna State, said Northerners need to vote for him because he is a Pan-Nigerian with a northern extraction that has built bridges across the country.

The former Vice President said Northerners do not need any Yoruba or Igbo candidate as president of the country.

He had said: “What the average Northerner needs is somebody who’s from the north and also understands that part of the country and has been able to build bridges across the country.

“This is what the Northerner needs, it doesn’t need a Yoruba or Igbo candidate, I stand before you as a Pan-Nigerian of Northern origin.”

Following the development, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its Presidential Campaign Council slammed the former vice president over his ethnic sentiment.

In a chat with The Punch, media aide to the LP Presidential candidate, Emeka Obasi, expressed disappointment in Atiku over the divisive statement.

Obasi said he was shocked to see a frontline presidential flagbearer playing such an ethnic card.

He said, “I saw the video of Atiku’s ethnic sentiment but I didn’t want to believe he said those things. So, I waited in vain hoping he will deny saying them before I comment.”

https://applesbite.com/2023-peter-obis-camp-reacts-to-atikus-anti-yoruba-igbo-comment/

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by successmatters(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2022
Apart from using tribal hate to divide Nigerians, Atiku and Tinubu are totally clueless about how to solve any problems in Nigeria.

Vote for Peter Obi.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Macphenson: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2022
okoooo
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Karlovych: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2022
embarassed How has an average northerner benefited from a northern presidency? I pity those that will vote during this election due to ethnic sentiments. It's like Buhari's tenure didn't teach them any lessons

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by suleimanwaziri: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urTXtV-7xaQ

Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike has said that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) owes Nigerians an explanation and an apology following some rather controversial statements made by Atiku Abubakar, the Presidential Candidate of the party.

Atiku had on Sunday in Kaduna asserted that the north does not need Yoruba or Igbo candidates when it comes to the presidency, adding that the only candidate worthy of the coveted seat is him alone.

“I know the whole of this country. I have built bridges across this country. I think what the average northerner needs is somebody who is from the north, who also understands the other parts of Nigeria, and who has been able to build bridges across the rest of the country
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Truthisunique2: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2022
Igbos are all forcing obi down our throats because he is Igbo but na una wan preach tribal diversity

Let every region vote their own I don't see the big deal there
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by TinubuThief: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2022
Our incoming president
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by bender79: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Igbos are all forcing obi down our throats because he is Igbo but na una wan preach tribal diversity

shattap! Who is forcing who on you? You pe I ple keep going round and round on Obi's matter.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Urheadmaster(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Exactly.

Yoruba people should vote for Tinubu

Northern people also should vote for Atiku

Igbo people for Obi

And the 3 of them should be declared winners and from there, everybody goes their separate ways undecided tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by TinubuThief: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Shut up zombie. U have been seeing what your emilokan and his useless urchins have been saying since Abu? Including you the senseless one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Truthisunique2: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2022
bender79:
shattap! Who is forcing who on you? You pe I ple keep going round and round on Obi's matter.
na obi camp.carry atiku matter for head the last time I checked the headline

Igbo people would return to Biafra or death after February

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by JoeNL22(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
bestofnollywood:
The camp of the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has reacted to the controversial statement made by the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.
Applesbite reports that Atiku, during an Interactive Session with Arewa Joint Committee held on Saturday in Kaduna State, said Northerners need to vote for him because he is a Pan-Nigerian with a northern extraction that has built bridges across the country.

The former Vice President said Northerners do not need any Yoruba or Igbo candidate as president of the country.

He had said: “What the average Northerner needs is somebody who’s from the north and also understands that part of the country and has been able to build bridges across the country.

“This is what the Northerner needs, it doesn’t need a Yoruba or Igbo candidate, I stand before you as a Pan-Nigerian of Northern origin.”

Following the development, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its Presidential Campaign Council slammed the former vice president over his ethnic sentiment.

In a chat with The Punch, media aide to the LP Presidential candidate, Emeka Obasi, expressed disappointment in Atiku over the divisive statement.

Obasi said he was shocked to see a frontline presidential flagbearer playing such an ethnic card.

He said, “I saw the video of Atiku’s ethnic sentiment but I didn’t want to believe he said those things. So, I waited in vain hoping he will deny saying them before I comment.”

https://applesbite.com/2023-peter-obis-camp-reacts-to-atikus-anti-yoruba-igbo-comment/

The man below doesn't want your votes! I repeat "doesn't want your votes!!"....He needs them.

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
successmatters:
Apart from using tribal hate to divide Nigerians, Atiku and Tinubu are totally clueless about how to solve any problems in Nigeria.

Vote for Peter Obi.
but the clannish peter obi that picked an Igbo to head sokoto,Lagos campaign is the reasonable one right?

Someone who can’t face ordinary wike,tell me how he will face strong men

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed How has an average northerner benefited from a northern presidency? I pity those that will vote during this election due to ethnic sentiments. It's like Buhari's tenure didn't teach them any lessons
if u igbos benefited from obi government in anambra u should not b economic scavengers throughout Nigeria today

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
PeterObi4LP:
I personally have no problem with Atiku Presidency. If Obi can't have it, let Atiku have it.

But I have everything for Tinubu not to become President. I have work with Tinubu and I know what am talking about. Those who knows him very well will never wish Tinubu Nigeria.

Nigerians vote wisely. You don't know Tinubu more than Obasanjo, you don't know Tinubu more than Afenifere, you don't know Tinubu more than Aregbesola, you don't know Tinubu more than Osibanjo, You don't know Tinubu more than the past Generals who endorse Peter Obi, you don't know Tinubu more than FFK. All these people I mentioned are not Igbo or Hausa, they are my kinsmen and elders.

So what the elders sees seating down, you children of 21st century won't see and understand even if you stand tall on mount Olive.

You are not more Yoruba (Omoluabi's) than the people I mentioned. You will surely suffer if Tinubu get there. Take a look what is happening in Lagos state
if this is how u igbos intend to campaign for your ipob plan b then u are on a long thing

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Curious345: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
but the clannish peter obi that picked an Igbo to head sokoto,Lagos campaign is the reasonable one right?

is tinubu strong ?

Oya let him stand on his own for 1hour na
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Afamed: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
successmatters:

Vote for Peter Obi.

Anglican vs Catholic are yet to recover from the religion card Obi played when he was in office few years ago.

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
this is the election period, any contestant can say anything to win votes EXCEPT INCITING STATEMENT. Atiku didn't make any hate comments like buhari did then or any inciting states like the ones Kanu was making then, he only told his northern brothers and people why they should choose him instead of tinubu and obi.
if obi too likes to let him go to Owerri and tell his IBO not to vote for any Hausa or Yoruba, TINUBU has already said his own to yesterday by saying Yorubas should not vote for Atiku because EMILOKAN
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by successmatters(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
Afamed:

Anglican vs Catholic are yet to recover from the religion card Obi played when he was in office few years ago.

Yeah, but both of them benefitted the #75 billion naira Peter Obi left in our treasury. The religion card you are playing is dead on arrival.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by successmatters(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:

I am sure you know that Labour party denied the fake list, but you will still keep grasping at straws as if its your destiny in life.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by ProfAmaben(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
successmatters:

Vote for Peter Obi.
Correct

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:
is tinubu strong ?

Oya let him stand on his own for 1hour na
d same way u igbos told buhari to remove his trouser cos u want to check his blokos

The same way u were ignored by buhari till u faded away is d same way tinubu will ignore u till u will fade away

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Curious345: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
d same way u igbos told buhari to remove his trouser cos u want to check his blokos

The same way u were ignored by buhari till u faded away is d same way tinubu will ignore u till u will fade away
you know replying you is waste of time ..

So just fade ; you're irrelevant and irresponsible
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Karlovych: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
if u igbos benefited from obi government in anambra u should not b economic scavengers throughout Nigeria today
What makes you think I'm Igbo?
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Curious345: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
Karlovych:
do you even have to respond to a mad man ? grin grin
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Karlovych:
Oga no b today me n u don drag issues n not only that

No b today I know say u b Igbo

Do u want to deny your forefathers?
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:
you know replying you is waste of time ..

So just fade ; you're irrelevant and irresponsible
remind me of d tribe a sitting president labeled inconsequential 5% n still won election?
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Curious345: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
remind me of d tribe a sitting president labeled inconsequential 5% n still won election?
omor you're irresponsible.. let that sink in..
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:
omor you're irresponsible.. let that sink in..

u are a dingbat,it has sunk already
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by Curious345: 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
BATified2023:
u are a dingbat,it has sunk already
To live and die in NL will earn you nothing but dark energy..

Running around various monikers to spew BS like a rat in a circle ,only turns you into another rat ..

I am sure you'll comment to this my reply after you may have returned (commenting ) from junketing across your numerous hate filled monikers ..hahahaha.

Anyway you will.always be a mumu.man
Re: 2023: Peter Obi’s Camp Reacts To Atiku’s Anti-yoruba, Igbo Comment by BATified2023: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Curious345:

To live and die in NL will earn you nothing but dark energy..

Running around various monikers to spew BS like a rat in a circle ,only turns you into another rat ..

I am sure you'll comment to this my reply after you may have returned (commenting ) from junketing across your numerous hate filled monikers ..hahahaha.

Anyway you will.always be a mumu.man
u are just another inconsequential nonentity

I just checked your topics now n I realize it will b an insult to mad people if I call u mad

U igbos n your obsession with tinubu,u will learn d hard way

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The North Scammed Bola Tinubu. / Man Threatens LP Supporters Ahead Of Lagos Gubernatorial Election( Video) / I’ve Forgiven Tinubu —bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.